The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Hotfix 19.1.1+19.1.1.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, ZavarkaGovna said:

Remember what Steve said - "You guys are our boss. And no one wants to work for a boss who is an A******."

Don't be an A******. Be patient and empathetic.

Patience is a Virtue, and we ran out of it A LONG Time ago, when they decided that pushing ridiculous amounts of new content that was only making more bugs, was more important than fixing bugs, testing the new content thoroughly, and making sure that old bugs weren't reintroduced alongside new bugs with the new content, as well as with their broken promises to "change" things (eg: sortie reward drops are still locked mostly at 2k endo).

Look, guys. You have an action game that is basically more fun, dynamic and diverse and with more (re)playability then any other action game out there that costs 40$+. But Warframe is free to play and all actual game content can be accessed for free. We should be appreciative of that.

I will add to that the fact that there's a balance between adding new content and cleaning up the bugs. We as players need diversity. If DE will make cleaning bugs their only priority then probably we'll not gonna see any new content. Ever. Because the game got too big. But that's why we like it! Cause it's diverse, lot of different game mechanics stocked up on top of each other, and that's really cool.

Don't forget that DE are people. Guys like you and me. And they are excited to do what they love to do, to make their wild visions come to life. And I'm pretty sure they are a lot more excited adding new cool content more, then cleaning bugs...

Edited by ZavarkaGovna

Hey,

I have two cents and here it is :) I like the Ash revisions. I enjoy jumping/rolling/sliding while dropping Smoke Screen! I also enjoy how easy the new aiming is for Blade Storm, great idea. Easy to see marks, accompanied by the noise fx is nice.  Very interactive and opens up new options, I can Bladestorm one target or a group, attack one target more than others and handle Energy more effectively. The incorporation of making Blade Storm cost less per target marked while invisible brings a great synergy to Ash's moves. The new function of Teleport is also very nice and handy. Thanks for the speed and accuracy increase on Shurikens also.

One thing I would like to see, though, is the markings disappear when the Blade Storm animation is initiated after marks have been set, that way you don't see the overhead marks during the animation of killing. It would be a visual improvement.

Over all good job, I enjoy the improvements, thank you.

Bugs:

1.) Droping out of a Wall Latching while holding your Melee without performing a wall attack will lock up your melee attacks and make you unable to attack until you change weapons.

2.) You can no longer Revive yourself if you die while HUD is turned off. You used to beable to hit the use button or "x" on a controller, but now you have to turn your HUD back on from options just to Revive... It's annoying for No HUD players... Very very very much so.

Edited by Vorpal_Ocelot

33 minutes ago, ZavarkaGovna said:

Look, guys. You have an action game that is basically more fun, dynamic and diverse and with more (re)playability then every other action game out there that costs 50$+. But Warframe is free to play and all actual game content can be accessed for free. We should be appreciative of that.

I will add to that the fact that there's a balance between adding new content and cleaning up the bugs. We as players need diversity. If DE will make cleaning bugs their only priority then probably we'll not gonna see any new content. Ever. Because the game got too big. But that's why we like it! Cause it's diverse, lot of different game mechanics stocked up on top of each other, and that's really cool.

Don't forget that DE are people. Guys like you and me. And they are excited to do what they love to do, to make their wild visions come to life. And I'm pretty sure they are a lot more excited adding new cool content more, then cleaning bugs...

If it's free for you it's because people like me pay a lot to play.

Frankly that statement alone shows your lack of experience with this game.

Do you think they do it all for free.

They have made the sortie absolutely worthless for me.

I'm not going to do them in the off chance i get a riven mod i'v yet to get a good one.

I have a permanent boost because i PAY FOR prime access so if i get the 3 day boost it's literally like getting nothing.

But yes m8 if i was like you a new player that played for free i'd be as happy as a pig in the proverbial with this update.

Edited by _sheepy_

5 minutes ago, _sheepy_ said:

If it's free for you it's because people like me pay a lot to play.

Frankly that statement alone shows your lack of experience with this game.

Do you think they do it all for free.

They have made the sortie absolutely worthless for me.

I'm not going to do them in the off chance a get a riven mod i'v yet to get a good one.

I have a permanent boost because i PAY FOR prime access so if i get the 3 day boost it's literally like getting nothing.

But yes m8 if i was like you a new player that played for free i'd be as happy as a pig in the proverbial with this update.

I have 289 hours in this game and I've invested 28$ into it. But I don't want to start the flame and will end here.

35 minutes ago, ZavarkaGovna said:

I have 289 hours in this game and I've invested 28$ into it. But I don't want to start the flame and will end here.

No flame started,how did you spend $28 on a what you say is a free game and 289 hours is a new player in this game.

I'm not dissing you for that but merely saying the sortie has a lot to offer you.

I have 3871 hours in this game and invested well over a $1000.

A veteran player who they said the sortie was for,so the likes of endo,lens,forma,exilus,catalyst,reactor,boost  and for the biggest joke nitain is absolutely useless.

Now i know i'm in a minority and i do expect to get garbage i don't need but when it's 99% garbage i don't need and a lot of RNG for the 1% i do then what's the point.

So from what i'v spent to what you have spent and the reward table heavily in your favor you can see why i'm disappointed.

Edited by _sheepy_

3 hours ago, ZavarkaGovna said:

Remember what Steve said - "You guys are our boss. And no one wants to work for a boss who is an A******."

Don't be an A******. Be patient and empathetic.

Dude we have been patient and have been asking DE over and over to fix and take our suggestions for reworks and stuff but they dont seem to be listening 289 hrs in this game is not enough also. DE havent been cleaning bugs at all have u been on that draco map u can fall below the elevator and go right to A point on the map. also there wouldnt be too much of a difference if a game is free or not if WF was 30,40,50,60$ it wouldnt matter bc lots of players spend way more on prime acess and other in game micro transactions its technically not free. also there is no balance in content do u really think this ash rework is content? is it worth playing and coming back? what is content is Second Dream War Within Specters of the Rail U17 major content releases with new Maps weapons resources bosses new frames and new mods and events. those are considered content having a small patch giving u a weapon to build or a rework isnt content. and it isnt balance bc like i said DE hasnt fixed any bugs and we had to wait over a year to play TWW. one more thing BUGS ARE IMPORTANT TO CLEAN UP

if a games buggy then whats the point of playing it ur telling me that a game shouldnt need bug cleaning? if a game is being bug cleaned it is playable again and pple can enjoy it

Bugs should be dealt with. But there's a balance in time and effort allocation between new content/bug cleaning. And totally bug-free game is not possible. This game even with some bugs is better then every other action game out there by a great margin. It's hypocritical to *@##$ about it so much.

Edited by ZavarkaGovna

3 hours ago, -Mortis said:

Sortie rewards should be:
4000 Endo
Riven Rifle mod

Focus lens
Greater Focus lens

Exilus Adapter
Potato
Potato
3 day exp
3 day credit

Legendary core

Thats it, appealing, usefull, worth going for that Nightmare of an lvl100 corpus excavation.

The 3 day boost is insulting to people like me who always pays for prime access so has a boost permanently.

It's like have this reward that is absolutely useless for you because you support this game by buying prime access.

23 minutes ago, ZavarkaGovna said:

Bugs should be dealt with. But there's a balance in time and effort allocation between new content/bug cleaning. And totally bug-free game is not possible. This game even with some bugs is better then every other action game out there by a great margin. It's hypocritical to *@##$ about it so much.

I take it this was meant for someone else as i made no mention of bugs in my comment.

PS.on a side note unless the person it was meant for is a game developer of a game with lots of bugs it's not really hypocritical.

Edited by _sheepy_

firstly, i was just on a mission on mercury doing a capture/ kuva, and i got the kuva but the capture target never spawned. i even went and killed everyone on the map but nothing happened. i dont know if this has happened to other people, but thought i should report it.

also i love the ash skin, but not the re-work on his bladestorm, but oh well.

1 hour ago, Hyday said:

firstly, i was just on a mission on mercury doing a capture/ kuva, and i got the kuva but the capture target never spawned. i even went and killed everyone on the map but nothing happened. i dont know if this has happened to other people, but thought i should report it.

also i love the ash skin, but not the re-work on his bladestorm, but oh well.

The skin is cool,the rework is fine for me but the bladestorm dissintegrates corpses .. uhm-> it doesn't dissintegrate nothing because the corpse is still there so... :|

Put simply, I will refuse to play the Sorties if those rewards don't change.

I have nothing but appreciation for the work DE do on Warframe, but the rewards are really nonsensical.

And the statement that on average 'People have less than 9 Nitain in their Inventory' has no significance at all. The reason the level of Nitain on average is so low is because people can't farm for the stuff. And with this added into Sorties we STILL can't farm for it, and stuff like Riven Mods and Lenses are RNGd into hell. 

Edited by ShogunNoir

3 hours ago, ShogunNoir said:

Put simply, I will refuse to play the Sorties if those rewards don't change.

I have nothing but appreciation for the work DE do on Warframe, but the rewards are really nonsensical.

And the statement that on average 'People have less than 9 Nitain in their Inventory' has no significance at all. The reason the level of Nitain on average is so low is because people can't farm for the stuff. And with this added into Sorties we STILL can't farm for it, and stuff like Riven Mods and Lenses are RNGd into hell. 

I haven't done them since the update,the reason people don't have a lot of nitain is simply because it's not something you need a lot of and if you need more it's EASY TO GET.

It's not just the nitain it's 99% of the reward table is only useful to moderately new players.

It's better use of my time now to farm other stuff and just trade for any riven i may like.

Seems par for the course for DE to say one thing and do another e.g. The sorties are for end or close to end game players.

When ever they add something to this game i now look for what they have taken away and it's usually as much if not more.

Forma and nitain feel really bad to get after running an excavation mission with a frost who can't globe to save his life... If I wanted nitain from sorties it had better be at least 5 because otherwise it isn't worth it... Raise the Endo to 4000 then we can talk about it being a reward for grinding out primes and formaing them a quadrillion times... If I wanted forma I'd run void fissures. I think that's self explanitory... Boosters are everywhere. the shop, the prime access the daily rewards etc... All I see is you (DE) reducing the chances of us  players getting riven mods for weapons worth formaing for riven mods. 100% of the rivenmods/re-rolls I have gotten have either been for a crappy weapon, have more bad than good stats, or have been crit stats for a status weapon... We want a reason to do sorties daily. So far the 2000 endo drops, nitain and only 1 riven mod say that I don't really want to... Its good to see that boosters were rmoved, but we want a good reason to grind, not a minuscule chance at a good reason that may even be a pretty feelsbad because the riven system is so full of bad RNG...

5 minutes ago, FrenchSpence said:

Forma and nitain feel really bad to get after running an excavation mission with a frost who can't globe to save his life... If I wanted nitain from sorties it had better be at least 5 because otherwise it isn't worth it... Raise the Endo to 4000 then we can talk about it being a reward for grinding out primes and formaing them a quadrillion times... If I wanted forma I'd run void fissures. I think that's self explanitory... Boosters are everywhere. the shop, the prime access the daily rewards etc... All I see is you (DE) reducing the chances of us  players getting riven mods for weapons worth formaing for riven mods. 100% of the rivenmods/re-rolls I have gotten have either been for a crappy weapon, have more bad than good stats, or have been crit stats for a status weapon... We want a reason to do sorties daily. So far the 2000 endo drops, nitain and only 1 riven mod say that I don't really want to... Its good to see that boosters were rmoved, but we want a good reason to grind, not a minuscule chance at a good reason that may even be a pretty feelsbad because the riven system is so full of bad RNG...

If it was 5 nitain it would still feel like getting nothing after so many times,the boost was temporarily removed due to technical issues and is a shocking disregard for the people that PAY FOR prime access.

Can you please remove Forma and Nitain from the loot table of sorties?

Was thinking about doing those again after the War Within update, because the rewards now seemed worth the effort. But with this patch... not so much anymore. I still have nightmares from old Void survivals full of Forma and Orokin cells. Please stop.

This will not encourage more players to commit their time to three very hard/ lenghty missions. Removing Forma and Nitain and replacing the 2k Endo with a Ayatan statue sounds way more appealing.

BTW: What happend to the plan to stop rolling Endo after receiving it two times in a row as you said in the last Devstream?

Edited by Zeranov

I get enough forma easily from relics, something I can grind for at any time should not be a reward from the sortie.

And oh god niatin, there's only so much niatin you need, and then you never need it again, pretty much ever.

Clearly game balance demands you cant get useful stuff every single time, but the endo I kind of liked as a filler, I never seem to have enough endo, at the moment, I could use about, 300.000 more endo, and, it's literally the only resource I have any shortage of.

Also why do riven mods have a cap? I have 4 of them already, it wont take me long at all to fill that cap.. :(

Edited by enizer