Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime Aura Conundrum

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Question

I cant decide what Aura i should run:

Growing Power, Stand United, Steel Charge?

My current build:

exilus-power drift

P continuity, Narrow, blind rage, energy conversion, steel fiber, vitality, eternal war, p flow. arcane energize and strike sets. 

weapons im using are: galatine p, rakata cernos, spira p.

Thanks for the input

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

13 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

Considering...um...basically all of her skills are melee-based, why you wouldn't use Steel Charge is perhaps the best question here...

With Growing power and Galatine p u have an extra 25% power strenght for erernal war all the time? and with EC thats over 100% more armor. speed  esc esc 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

8 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

Considering...um...basically all of her skills are melee-based, why you wouldn't use Steel Charge is perhaps the best question here...

Because her Warcry benefits from Stand United and ALL of her skills can benefit from Growing Power?

To OP: If you decide to use Growing Power I would recommend at least one status-based weapon to proc it on demand. Perhaps a Pox instead of the Spira P?

Probably cause Corrosive Projection is a better damage increase for every content where damage actually matters.

I would personally not use either of those - Steel Charge only if you're feeling lazy and don't want to forma again. Also rather depends on what you're building her for (assuming Warcry). BTW: you don't really need that much duration if you slot in Eternal War. And range is actually pretty nice for Paralysis and the initial slow of Warcry.

EDIT: i can see the merits of going Growing Power with a Galatine Prime tho, although with the ridiculous power strenght you already have the effect is not going to be that significant.

Edited by Autongnosis

Growing Power is really only a great benefit if your name is Saryn. Valkyr doesn't have any special synergy with status procs, and she doesn't really have a tremendous need for Power Strength. 

Stand United seems like a really small boost. 

Steel Charge I'd say is the best, since Valkyr lacks a direct damage boost of her own and can really benefit from the bonus damage, especially with her insane attack speed. 

From best to worst, I'd rank them Steel Charge, Stand United, and Growing Power. 

in testing base damage mods like steel charge rifle amp, pistol amp vs grrowing power you have to take into account benefits of  your own buffs

GP vs Base damage aura concept

base damage mods like steel charge usually buff the starting flat damage of an attack type power

example using SC with valkyr will give hysteria a good starting damage amp , combined with coation D you can make this stronger

now growing power, how does this fit? 

Example: factor in the other powers base  effects, gp affects all powers that depend on damage % 

so for valkyr  GP you would focus on casting 2 and 4 in parallel when this is active

with this in mind the 25% buff remains active as long as the powers cast in that duration of GP are still active  [eternal warrior augment] is a good augment to have for this type of build

most builds that rely on SC can sub in GP and see how that play type works for them, b\personally i found it to make use of the other abilities easier as the amped slow , armor reduction and speed buffs were very nice 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

in testing base damage mods like steel charge rifle amp, pistol amp vs grrowing power you have to take into account benefits of  your own buffs

GP vs Base damage aura concept

base damage mods like steel charge usually buff the starting flat damage of an attack type power

example using SC with valkyr will give hysteria a good starting damage amp , combined with coation D you can make this stronger

now growing power, how does this fit? 

Example: factor in the other powers base  effects, gp affects all powers that depend on damage % 

so for valkyr  GP you would focus on casting 2 and 4 in parallel when this is active

with this in mind the 25% buff remains active as long as the powers cast in that duration of GP are still active  [eternal warrior augment] is a good augment to have for this type of build

most builds that rely on SC can sub in GP and see how that play type works for them, b\personally i found it to make use of the other abilities easier as the amped slow , armor reduction and speed buffs were very nice 

I use stand united on my rhino p for a similar effect with IC charge × 5 + enemies. And then casting IS = over 140K iron skin and it last for the duration of the IS..was just thinking that about Growing Power and eternal war (war cry)...?

25 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Growing Power is really only a great benefit if your name is Saryn. Valkyr doesn't have any special synergy with status procs, and she doesn't really have a tremendous need for Power Strength. 

Stand United seems like a really small boost. 

Steel Charge I'd say is the best, since Valkyr lacks a direct damage boost of her own and can really benefit from the bonus damage, especially with her insane attack speed. 

From best to worst, I'd rank them Steel Charge, Stand United, and Growing Power. 

Out of curiosity how is Saryn the only one who gets a significant benefit from Growing Power? If you mean because it procs off of status afaik spores can't actually proc Growing Power, though maybe there's something I'm missing.

@(XB1)FCastle74 the best auras for Valkyr are either Steel Charge or Corrosive Projection. The other ones don't really benefit her all that much.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

I use stand united on my rhino p for a similar effect with IC charge × 5 + enemies. And then casting IS = over 140K iron skin and it last for the duration of the IS..was just thinking that about Growing Power and eternal war (war cry)...?

basically what i had was augment [eternal war] and the and the paralysis or hysteria 

while i have GP up i cast 2 and 4 , and then B jump to targets and keep the 2 alive, 4 i have efficeny and p flow so i dont usualy have fear of lossing 4, but i have rage on just in case 

hysterical aug is fun if you want to jump to targets 

@(Xbox One)FCastle74 Going off of your build, I would Recommend either Growing Power or Steel Charge

Galantine Prime will Proc often enough for you to use Growing Power

*I would swap out Primed Flow for Rage instead. You are not running Quick-Thinking and it looks like you are doing an Eternal War Build. You don't really need the extra energy on Valkyr Prime as her base will cover minimum Efficiency War Cry cast cost*

Growing Power will provide more WarCry speed and Armor, but Steel Charge is better damage for those Armor ignore Bleed Procs from Galatine Prime

For your Build you should be fine with any decision.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi
Clarification

Personally, I'd use steel charge because of hysteria's focus on melee, but at the same time, an argument could definitely be made for stand united, especially if youre going to be using hysteria's finishers a lot (a finisher or ground finisher with hysteria will probably one-shot any enemies you encounter during the vast majority of gameplay). Plus, valkyr's high armor makes stand united give a much higher effect than it would on most frames.

As for growing power... I'm still pissed that it doesn't allow for status effects applied by warframe powers to affect it. Though you could get some use out of it, I'd personally rate it at the lowest spot between these three.