The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Rush

Leodegrance

I use the Rush mod (+30%sprint) on nearly every frame and build.  I used to think I was doing the meta with this but am now starting to wonder...Are you guys/gals using rush?  Always? only on melee?  With parkour 2.0 this may be unnecessary; I may be giving up a valuable slot for added warframe power, please let me know your thoughts:)

I use it if I want to do speed stuff, like capture or fast spy missions. Otherwise one of the exilus mods I use the most is handspring, I hate the knockdowns. But yea if u don't mind about runing faster, u could take in consideration something else.

It depends what missions your doing. static missions with no movement like defense and interception really don't require a rush mod

I would say for your day to day duties like alerts or other random missions you might do here and there, rush is a must.

The other factor I consider when using, or not using the rush mod is do I care if i move at a snails pace to collect loot? even with a sentinel that has vacuum you pretty much will have to still move around for your sentinel to get in range to suck up all the loots.

After considering the above, it then comes down to preference I suppose.

For me I am ocd so must collect alllll the pokemans. i mean collect all the loots. so rush is a must.

edit: i see all the people bad mouthing rush and saying bullet jumping is better, incorrect people with misinformation are hilarious, one small google to rush on the warframe wikia will tell you that your movement speed effects ALL movement including bullet jumps, distance of a bullet jump, as well as your inertia, meaning in lamens terms, the faster your movement speed is, the faster all other movement maneuvers are.

Edited by latetier
correcting ignorants

Mostly you can move faster by (bullet) jumping and sliding. Cunning drift tends to improve you movement by decreasing friction increasing slide while increasing your ability range. My go to for increasing movement speed about here and there

I don't use it much either. Mostly only on frames that buff movement speed, so Zephyr, Volt, and maybe Nezha (prefer just slide boosts on him) Usually the Bullet Jump+Roll and Slide+Roll combos are fast enough.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I haven't used Rush since Bullet jumping was introduced. Movement is much more accessible than it was and there are other mods that stand to give a bigger benefit because of it, including ones that improve aim gliding and bullet jumping. 

I rarely use it. I find a combination of bullet jumps, rolls, slides and aim glides gets me around significantly faster than just sprinting around regardless of sprint mods.

One exception being frames with abilities buffing movespeed as well.

The only movement mod I use is Maglev. With proper maneuvering skills (slide -> bj -> jump -> air roll -> slide, constant sliding, aim sliding), you definitely get much more out of it in the warframe universe than rush or basically any other maneuver mod like Patagium or bullet jump mods.

Think of it as acceleration as opposed to Rush's top speed.

I often consider it, but there are always things more preferable. The weapon I most considered using it with is Caustacyst, because sprinting while charging is good, but I find sliding even better, so I use Maglev or Cunning Drift. If I need to move around the map faster, I'd always boost my bullet jump. Rush is good for general usage, but there's usually something slightly or significantly better for specific situations, I think.

2 hours ago, Leodegrance said:

I use the Rush mod (+30%sprint) on nearly every frame and build.  I used to think I was doing the meta with this but am now starting to wonder...Are you guys/gals using rush?  Always? only on melee?  With parkour 2.0 this may be unnecessary; I may be giving up a valuable slot for added warframe power, please let me know your thoughts:)

I never use it. I use bullet jump a lot, so it will be useless to me. 

I use it on my exilus on my medium power,  good duration/range Volt, it gets me to a speed I feel is fun without sacrificing range or duration.

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I never use it. I use bullet jump a lot, so it will be useless to me. 

Not entirely, your sprint speed is one of the factors that contributes to maneuver momentum. You will bullet jump farther and harder with a higher run speed than without.

Edited by Gelkor