The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status is God (New Mods)

Kothophed

2 hours ago, Weltraumfred said:

RE: Saryn + Healing Return

If you use Toxic Lash, your Melee automatically triggers Toxin Procs. Does anybody know if this triggers Healing Return? If yes, you could quickly restore your health when attacking mobs with a Lacera, or basically anything that multihits. That would increase her tankyness a lot.

Syryn + Healing Return + Talos boltace, would be a really fun combination in missions with many enemies.
20 enemies in one room would mean a heal of 110 each slide attack.

Edited by Timedawn

4 hours ago, frohdoe said:

She's still not beefy enough to go melee. Even if channeling Life Strike all the time you will often get annihilated by a flamethrower or oneshot by a rocket or just killed very quickly by a crowd of lesser enemies. And if you can't keep up with LS you definitely can't do it with Regen Molt.

She is beefy enough for melee, the trick is to use steel fiber and use the block function with Toxic Lash. 90% damage reduction, then the remaining 10% is reduced further by 61.17%. With that you can get in position for a ground slam, or just start to cleave through them normally.

4 hours ago, Weltraumfred said:

If you use Toxic Lash, your Melee automatically triggers Toxin Procs. Does anybody know if this triggers Healing Return? If yes, you could quickly restore your health when attacking mobs with a Lacera, or basically anything that multihits. That would increase her tankyness a lot.

See, this is why I'm excited to get some of these and try them on Saryn.

If Healing Return works in tandem with Toxic Lash, then that together with Regenerative Molt basically gives her an additional layer of health leeching to make use of. She's already pretty good with sustain, but this would make her more viable for longer periods in endless missions - as well as maybe give me a reason to run not-Naramon.

14 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Im having a hard time understanding what ''+100% combo chance'' means.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Relentless_Combination

According to the wiki it doubles the counter increase on targets with slash procs on them. 

Based on the description and the comments it is still confusing whether it happens per tic of the slash proc, or whether it's melee attacks on the proc-ed target, or if it's each time the proc occurs on the target.

There's also dispute on whether it includes the slash procs from Ash's Bladestorm and Shuriken.

1 hour ago, Rambit23Z said:

She is beefy enough for melee, the trick is to use steel fiber and use the block function with Toxic Lash. 90% damage reduction, then the remaining 10% is reduced further by 61.17%. With that you can get in position for a ground slam, or just start to cleave through them normally.

Yes, I gotta agree blocking would change it all. I must admit I have never been able to use blocking with Toxic Lash to its full potential due to the following: every bullet jump resets the block toggle, which requires a lot of annoying micromanagement to toggle it back on all the time. This issue could potentially be resolved by holding a block button, not use it as a toggle, but I just don't have 6 fingers on each hand to hold block and do bullet jumps, sprinting, channeling, sliding etc. in a fluent manner. So pretty often you are left vulnerable without a block for a brief moment until you turn it back on, and also blocking doesn't cover you 360 degrees around. But the main issue here is that it turns off. A QoL patch for that would make things much better not only for Saryn but for any frame you might wanna use melee only.

Edited by frohdoe

1 minute ago, frohdoe said:

Yes, I gotta agree blocking would change it all. I must admit I have never been able to use blocking with Toxic Lash to its full potential due to the following: every bullet jump resets the block toggle, which requires a lot of annoying micromanagement to toggle it back on all the time. This issue could potentially be resolved by holding a block button, not use it as a toggle, but I just don't have 6 fingers on each hand to hold block and do bullet jumps, sprinting, channeling, sliding etc. in a fluent manner. So pretty often you are left vulnerable without a block, and also blocking doesn't cover you 360 degrees around. But the main issue here is that it turns off. A QoL patch for that would make things much better not only for Saryn but for any frame you might wanna use melee only.

I see, I don't have that problem as I use hold to block.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not when you have Regenerative Molt ;)

This, with a lot of range and a gas lesion. all I hear is "they die by the time I get to them." and that's without even using my 4 most of the time.(I actuay turned off shadow step as it made survival harder. no life support if enemies don't chase you.)

Edited by (PS4)forChristsake

I just got hold of that +60%dmg per status one.I tryed it on my corrosive+ slash high status Galatine prime.One word...OP.Like most powerful melee in game needs 120%dmg...Can't wait to try it on my corrosive + blast Zenistar too.

Other mods have their uses too and are very good.

I needs healing return!

7 hours ago, Weltraumfred said:

18 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Bandaids but ill take it. These mods are going to buff status, yes, but they buff criticals at the same time.

Im having a hard time understanding what ''+100% combo chance'' means.

Saying something is a bandaid while also admitting that you don't know what something means isn't a good look. Just saying.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Dispatch overdrivery could be fun to goof off with if it was a exilus mod. none of them are particularly good though. 

60% movement speed for 15s is nothing to scoff at. The new mods are pretty refreshing addition to the melee modding roster. They enhance other alternative ways to mod your melee than the standard raw damage or crit.

8 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

60% movement speed for 15s is nothing to scoff at. The new mods are pretty refreshing addition to the melee modding roster. They enhance other alternative ways to mod your melee than the standard raw damage or crit.

The problem is they are just bandaids and every one of these you add is taking the place of another dps mod. these are not being added in a vacuum. 

13 hours ago, frohdoe said:

My first thoughts:

Condition Overload - could be used by Saryn due to her spreading toxin + viral procs, which would make that what, 2x60% = 120% dmg? Will require Naramon invisibility for high levels cause she will otherwise be annihilated in melee.

Guardian Derision - could be used to help protect defence targets, however there are much better ways to do it, so it's a very situational mod for ppl who like to melee only. But generally - a waste of slot.

Dispatch Overdrive - could be used for speedrunning missions on top of a rush mod. Very situational. Generally - waste of slot.

Enduring Affliction, Relentless Combination - interesting idea, too bad that there's little to no time for them to work in most cases since everything is dying almost instantly anyway. Relentless Combination would probably be nice at levels 100+, but hardly anyone plays endless missions up to those levels now and certainly not to run around with a melee weapon.

Healing Return - Most enemies are killed in 1 hit after you drive up the combo a bit, unless the status is applied before they count as killed using this mod is pointless.  Could arguably be used on Saryn but idk, Life Strike just seems better anyway cause it will replenish all your health in 1 hit for a measly amount of energy. Maybe if it replenished 11% of your total health...

Yup, Doing simple math, healing return is garbage mod. Lets say you have it maxed. Then each hit to status affected enemy, you heal for 11. That seems nice, but like you type, they survive maybe 1-2 max 6-10 hits. Lets say 10 hits. You have ancient with status proc and you hit him 10 times. That mean you just heal for 110 HP after 5-6 seconds. Now bring channel heal which have 20% heal FROM DAMAGE.  Same situation, but now you hit once. Let's say you crit for 2000 ( which is still low crit). You are instantly healed on one hit for 200. 100% more for 6x less time. Yes, it is garbage.

Edited by JustSneaky

The problem is they are just bandaids and every one of these you add is taking the place of another dps mod. these are not being added in a vacuum. 

How are they bandaids? Bandaids would dictate that these are a soft fix for a bigger problem. The issue is that melee had only 2 forms of modding, crit and raw damage. Status and channeling are completely left in the dark.  These mods are there to fill that gap.

• Relentless Combination actually increases your combo with every slash proc tick, Melee DPS is directly affected by your combo multiplier.
  • Condition overload straight up gives you more damage for every active status effect.

So 2 already flat out increases DPS

• We have another that actually heals when enemy's are affected by status, so that's bonus survivability and it doesn't encroach on lifestrike.
  • More melee only increase movement speed is always a good thing. It's on channeling kill so you just need to finish them off while channeling

So another 1 directly increase survability and other increase melee user's speed.

The only arguably lackluster one is status duration. The taunt is going to be very good for tanky frames and sword and shield users.

Melee.

Melee? These mods hardly repair any of the major problems associated with melee. They're situational, all of them. To use status you need status melee and not every weapon can use that. Channeling on it's own is a near abandoned concept and one mod ain't gonna change that. None of them have fixed the skewed risk vs reward of melee.

Body Count is a bandaid mod. These mods aren't.