Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26 million losers? I'm not so sure...

RextintorZ

1 hour ago, Arcaedias said:

TL;DR, What if DE is actually just trolling us with some of the decisions they make?

Then you realize that DE actually does read the forums. (I personally know they do)

That they would do the following wouldn't even shock me.

52 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I just come here for the giggles.

Some of the ideas people come out with and some of the whining ... pure comedy.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out she did mean to call us losers. 

After reading a good bit of the forums, it can be hard not to think the same.  :D

1 hour ago, SeaUrchins said:

Well, if people can't separate her as a person from the character she voices, then they are losers in my book.

OK, let me put it in other terms. If Reb did think of us as losers, it would take away that 'the-person-who-interacts-with-us-and-genuinely-seems-to-care-about-Warframe's-fans-is-actually-a-nice-person' feel. My point is that she acts like a person (and even a fan herself), and not a buisness drone who just does this because it's her job, and her not actually liking us would be a gut punch.

41 minutes ago, Hai1fir3e said:

My point is that she acts like a person (and even a fan herself), and not a buisness drone who just does this because it's her job, and her not actually liking us would be a gut punch.

If you truly believe this, I feel sorry for you.  That's quite naïve.  Think about this for a few minutes, she does not know you or very many of us.  How could she really care about any of us like that.  Anything else is a fantasy. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
grammar

3 hours ago, Arcaedias said:

However, I like to think about "what ifs" a lot when I'm just doing a survival or sitting around doing nothing. I was thinking, what if they actually do just think of us as Losers?

I hate to break it you Tenno, but we're MMO players. MMO players and losers are pretty synonymous.

11 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I hate to break it you Tenno, but we're MMO players. MMO players and losers are pretty synonymous.

I hate to break it TO you, but it seems you are completely clueless as to what MMO even is, because Warframe isn't it? Battlefield is more of an MMO than Warframe will ever be...

4 hours ago, Naskoni said:

I hate to break it TO you, but it seems you are completely clueless as to what MMO even is, because Warframe isn't it? Battlefield is more of an MMO than Warframe will ever be...

I'm using the term pretty loosely (or classically, depending on how you see it), to mean Massive Multiplayer Online game. It's big, it has lots of players and they interact over the internet. Or hey, even if I'm using the wrong classification for Warframe, you know what I mean and my point remains the same.

18 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

TL;DR, What if DE is actually just trolling us with some of the decisions they make?

That they would do the following wouldn't even shock me.

After reading a good bit of the forums, it can be hard not to think the same.  :D

Yes they do. Every time someone complains about an enemy type or mechanic you can be 100% sure what the next sortie will be like.

The development team also takes turns on personally controlling the stalker.

25 minutes ago, Helljack84 said:

Yes they do. Every time someone complains about an enemy type or mechanic you can be 100% sure what the next sortie will be like.

The development team also takes turns on personally controlling the stalker.

LOL, true.  Well not sure about the Stalker part, but it would be funny.  I noticed DE "trolling" after doing a few Gift of the Lotus alerts.  They were set up to recreate some things that was said in some forum topics.  Remember the Survival with the lvl 999 enemies.   I enjoyed it on multiple levels. 

On 05.12.2016 at 3:18 AM, GGN550zzFearsomeBessie said:

Warframe has 26 million registered logged users.Not  Losers

DE Did you GeT IT? is Logged USERS

Meh "The Lame FaceBook Apologies" it isnºt enough for me. I allready unistaled the game, i go to  play somewthing else

You're not helping your case.

On 12/5/2016 at 0:51 PM, SenorClipClop said:

I'm using the term pretty loosely (or classically, depending on how you see it), to mean Massive Multiplayer Online game. It's big, it has lots of players and they interact over the internet. Or hey, even if I'm using the wrong classification for Warframe, you know what I mean and my point remains the same.

So loosely Counter-Strike would be considered an MMO.

Also, all the people claiming this to be the best F2P on the market.  Is it the game play that keeps you, or the hooks?  Think carefully now.

20 hours ago, Slander630 said:

Ahaha,  "26 Million registered losers" XD  

though played off as a "honest mistake" I can't help but feel that's what the mindset has been over at DE for awhile now.

But Warframe itself is still a fun game, regardless of how DE views us.

I honesly wouldn't be surprised if they referred to the player base as losers around the office and so it was a slip of the tongue out of habit.  

with 2299 hours so far and god knows how much money I'm in too deep now though. XD

next year I hope for better/more updates and for DE's attitude to improve.  but I'm keeping hopes low for now. 

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

So loosely Counter-Strike would be considered an MMO.

Well, yes, but since there's nothing to characterize yourself as and no throughline story elements, CounterStrike would not be an MMORPG, which is often shortened to MMO in conversation for convenience. With Warframe it's debatable, but it probably isn't an MMORPG either for similar reasons.

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

Also, all the people claiming this to be the best F2P on the market.  Is it the game play that keeps you, or the hooks?  Think carefully now.

Please keep your salt to yourself. I don't play many F2P games, but I sure as Hek haven't found one I like more than Warframe. I like Warframe because it offers me a story, customization, problem solving opportunities and fast-paced action, among other things. I'm also a huge fan of the art.

If you can recommend me an F2P you enjoy more than this one, I'm all ears.