The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

Just now, Husla said:

It's not an exploit, they are using game mechanics and features given by DE themselves. If anything this is the perfect example of synergy. A group created who understand what needs to be done and how in the most efficient way. Is being efficient wrong?

Why is Akkad most preferable right now? because its a small area for defence. Does Akkad need to be changed? No, why? because it's been like that for a very long time. It has and always has been a place to farm credits.

One can exploit game mechanics, that's what an exploit is.

5 minutes ago, tbeest said:

Just use it and get more credits than usual in normal missions? That's what it seemed like me back when the Secura Lecta was exclaimed to be "the worst of all new syndicate melees".

Akkad right now is more of an exploit rather than the small credit boost I think they intended for it to be.

How is it an exploit? It's a decent levelling map with a lot of enemies that blitzkreig and is also endless. They get rid of Draco , we found Akkad. Right now, there is 0 reason to use the secura lecta over an atterax which is just plain better at cruel murder of poor grineer or anyone that happens to be in its way other than to get a small bit of extra credits.

The lecta's niche is literally to get money, it's the symbol of corpus (and player) greed for money, let it do its thing, it's not like it ruins other players experience because someone is getting more credits than they deserve

31 minutes ago, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

Leave it as it is, instead of nerfing a good credit source buff the others. With r10 mods costing millions to fuse, Baro items being 100k+ each or trading for prime mods being 1 million each, stuff like the lecta is needed to keep up with the costs of stuff 

Mission, alert and kill credit gains are on the low end of the spectrum. The Secura Lecta's credit gains, however, are way past the far extreme end of that spectrum. Buffing everything else to match the SL would be nothing but currency creep, and it would be a bad decision.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

This is mostly on missions like Akkad with dedicated credit farming groups, otherwise the guy is being a richard

i hope to Lotus that people who credit farm on akkad play private so they don't mess up the affinity share of other players

Edited by (XB1)freakytiki3

I used to have 30 million credits. I have been sitting at roughly 19 million for the past 3-4 months. (18-20million)  Never once have I used the Secura Lecta.... Just normal play and sorties. If I did Raids I would probably have more credits. Nerfing or removing the credit gain from the Secura Lecta really does not change much.

2 hours ago, tbeest said:

One can exploit game mechanics, that's what an exploit is.

And how is that a bad thing to a game which is all farming? It's like going into a mission with an ember with WoF and someone saying he's exploiting the game because he doesn't get any kills. Tell me how it ruins your game aswell. Akkad is always done with a group not in public unless they are just clearing the map in which they wouldn't keep going back to Akkad.

Let's rephrase the word "exploit" to "make use of" or "using the most of"

Imagine you are a new player. Primed mods, corrupt mods, trade tax, baro ki'teer, buying BP and making frames/weapons costs a lot of credits. A LOT. Again, A LOT!!! Now how are you going to get those credits? Hieracon one excav and repeat? Doing regular missions XD ? Doing sorties :sad: ?

The only good credit farm that i know of is akkad with securas. Now if you have a credit booster you get 1.5 mil. IF!!! If not you get 750k, if you have competent players. IF!!! Otherwise you get 250k because your teammates leave after 20 waves. But lets say, hipotetically, you have recruited 3 m8s with securas that agree they will stay till wave 40. And than you find out their securas are empty, no mods whatsoever (happens with MR 20+ too). So you'll end up doing spin attacks for 30-40 min, doing the same thing over and over again just so you'll be able to lvl up the mod to 1/3 rd... and than realize that you have Battlefield 1 installed.   

Farming credits now is painful grind so the only logical thing to do is to make it even worse? Happy i'm at endgame and don't need that many credits anymore, but i pity all the fools that just started playing.

49 minutes ago, Husla said:

And how is that a bad thing to a game which is all farming? It's like going into a mission with an ember with WoF and someone saying he's exploiting the game because he doesn't get any kills. Tell me how it ruins your game aswell. Akkad is always done with a group not in public unless they are just clearing the map in which they wouldn't keep going back to Akkad.

Let's rephrase the word "exploit" to "make use of" or "using the most of"

I'm not saying I mind the exploit. What I am saying is that developers will fix exploits.

Also WoF is meant to kill enemies the way it does, with fire in an area around Ember. Using a special whip combined with certain powers in a confined area with a certain enemy type is a bit more specific and leans more towards being an exploit.

Where does "making the most use of" end and where does "exploiting" start? I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Separius said:

To all people saying that the Lecta farming is too efficient and 1m credits under 30 mins is excessive, that 30 mins is very taxing on one's sanity so it's fair.

~8 hours of intensive farming per member for the Hema is also very taxing on one's sanity, but DE openly expressed how they don't give a F***. so yeah, I don't think they will let the Secura lecta get a pass.

4 hours ago, Momaw said:

A competing viewpoint:  The secura lecta breaks the game's economy hardcore.

Using this weapon multiplies the credits you gain by like.... 10x? If all sources of credits were as profitable as this one single weapon, you might as well just remove credits from the game entirely entirely because people can make over a million credits per hour with it. Even turning the weapon down some (we don't know how far yet) could easily still leave it being the most profitable way to rake in credits.

Credits is a dead income. There's nothing gamebreaking about the Secura Lecta that is shattering the credit economy, it's a superfluous income that's used as a complementive element when paying with ducats for Baro, or buying blueprints from the market or dojo (or odd/nonsensical items from the market/Simaris). As you stated in the end of your post, whether the Secura Lecta gets nerfed or not on the matter of its credit drop chance boost, the notion that Credits as an impertinent economy to most of the game's marketing elements has little to no bearing to Warframe at all. Farming 1 million credits in a lesser amount of time than it usually takes to do so is still 1 million of an income that rarely had a financial impact other than Pedestal Prime's unveiling or purchasing a Primed mod from a seller through trade.

Ducats and platinum are the main sources of income. And since Trade is pretty much the free market, arguments of overpricing for the Secura Lecta through Trade has little unwarranted bearing for its nerf (with no consistent arguments over controlled prices as well).

6 minutes ago, Devinee said:

cap credits per game to 250k or 500k credits so no nerf needed

And what would be the big deal? That would change from 30-40 wave runs into 10 wave runs. The overall process will only be a bit slower.

No need to over-complicate the game mechanics that may have further grave repercussions. The solution is obvious, one nerf to a single weapon.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

but i still don't get it why credits are such problem? you can't trade credits and no one is forced to buy fully maxed mods for insane platinum prices. so aslong there is nothing coming where you can spend credits for something which srsly would impact the ingame economy i don't see any reason to nerf it or stockpiling billions of credits. and no im not one of these credit farming addicts

2 minutes ago, Devinee said:

but i still don't get it why credits are such problem? you can't trade credits and no one is forced to buy fully maxed mods for insane platinum prices. so aslong there is nothing coming where you can spend credits for something which srsly would impact the ingame economy i don't see any reason to nerf it or stockpiling billions of credits. and no im not one of these credit farming addicts

Pretty much this. +1

1 minute ago, Devinee said:

I don't know what you are talking about. Credits are a fundamental part of the game's economy. You need them for literally everything, even wiping your @ss.

You need them to:

1. Buy BPs;

2. Craft EVERYTHING there is to craft;

3. Fusion, may take up to 200 millions to max everything there is to max;

4. Trade taxes, that may be as much as millions if you buy Primed mods of thousands of platinum (it's a lot more painful than you think on large scale trading);

5. Transmutation - this becomes crap easy when you have limitless credits;

6. Trading Ayatans for Endo - until now;

7. Ranking up syndicates, can be a very significant amount for anyone that doesn't employ 'the method'.

so exc

7 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I don't know what you are talking about. Credits are a fundamental part of the game's economy. You need them for literally everything, even wiping your @ss.

You need them to:

1. Buy BPs;

2. Craft EVERYTHING there is to craft;

3. Fusion, may take up to 200 millions to max everything there is to max;

4. Trade taxes, that may be as much as millions if you buy Primed mods of thousands of platinum (it's a lot more painful than you think on large scale trading);

5. Transmutation - this becomes crap easy when you have limitless credits;

6. Trading Ayatans for Endo - until now;

7. Ranking up syndicates, can be a very significant amount for anyone that doesn't employ 'the method'.

so only trading taxes and maybe crafting reusables are more or less "repeating" credit sinks. transmutation seems somehow like a credit waste to me except you can get some non achievable mods this way.

9 minutes ago, Devinee said:

so only trading taxes and maybe crafting reusables are more or less "repeating" credit sinks. transmutation seems somehow like a credit waste to me except you can get some non achievable mods this way.

So for only relevant are only the non-repeating credit sinks? You mean to say that maxing everything is not a concern at all huh? How long would that take without using 'the method'? Far too long, I have played for 2000 hours and a lot of the time with boosters and I barely made 200m, certainly not enough for everything and to max all the mods on top of it. And not to mention there will always be new mods added. The Rivens have added a new paradise for fusion. I needed to max like 50 of them since they were released, for various reasons.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

3 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

So for only relevant are only the non-repeating credit sinks? You mean to say that maxing everything is not a concern at all huh? How long would that take without using 'the method'? Far too long, I have played for 2000 hours and a lot of the time with boosters and I barely made 200m, certainly not enough for everything and to max all the mods on top of it. And not to mention there will always be new mods added. The Rivens have added a new paradise for fusion. I needed to max like 50 of them since they were released, for various reasons.

there are so many mods not worth to be maxed. and i talking just for me at this point so i maybe safe millions of credits and i only keep rivens i need myself anything else gets sold. if anyone is addicted to get everything maxed well then he haves at least a long time goal and maybe won't get that fast bored of this game as anyone like me would