Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

Seems like this "problem" stems mostly from DS credit farming so make the bonus not work in DS missions.. Simple enough.

This actually makes no sense though. Everyone's first thought was DS farming, I know mine was.

I'm sure DE foresaw this as well, yet now they're flip-flopping on it? Idk. 

I can see them reworking the credit drop chance to 50% but I don't think they're going to nerf it to the ground or anything.

On 12/4/2016 at 6:10 PM, ChuckMaverick said:

I just wish it dealt some slash damage, so you wouldn't have to choose between slicing up mobs for more resources and mods or whipping them for more credits.

Madurai Blazing Fury is you workaround for having Slash damage on Secura Lecta ... Build Gas+Electric (add Slash from Focus if you want) and just do Maiming Strike build with a Stealth Melee frame (easy kills even in Elemental resist Sorties)

Judging from Dev Stream it looks like they are going to Nerf Secura Lecta credit farm stacking.(I assume the way Double credit weekends with Boosters plus Secura Lecta grossly boost credit farming efficiency.)

Not quite as bad as the Synoid Gammacor days, but *shrug*

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

Honestly, I feel it shouldn't have been a "farming" weapon in the first place. Should've had combat-related passives, like the other weapons.

Then  they also should rework nekros because  he is used for farming and shouldn´t be a "farming" warframe 

i'd prefer Digital Extremes not be afraid to change things for the best interests of the game as a game - rather than letting people crying about their 'muh stats' nonsense influence what Digital Extremes chooses to do.

if the 'consequences' of pushing things to Live is having to potentially have toddlers grabbing at their ankles for 'muh stats' - that's not a consequence.

game is not rewarding...that is problem...wen someone need credits he need it fast not to farm entire weak...i wish i am dev..game would be much more rewarding.. across entire star chart... then ppl would be more motivate to play...all kind of stuff

Meh, at this point im not even surprised with this, tho i still like the game, my faith in DE decisions is non existent since at least a year ago. The problem here is abusing the weapon but here all innocents are being punished with guilties like in many other ocassions.

Edited by Arrectius

55 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

INB4 Credit Weekend after they nerf it.

They really should do double credits weekend one week before they nerf it.  One last hurrah.  Sigh.... what harm ever came from having too many credits?  or even a way to get lots of credits.   :(

Edited by -HAKUNA-YOUR-TATAS-

20 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i'd prefer Digital Extremes not be afraid to change things for the best interests of the game as a game - rather than letting people crying about their 'muh stats' nonsense influence what Digital Extremes chooses to do.

The weapon stats aren't in question, the passive is.

Even if it was, the stats are irrelevant. Compliments of mods such as Maiming strike, Primed reach and Bloodrush.

6 minutes ago, Zamio said:

DE said they're improving the credit gain. If they do that, whats the problem with nerfing an easily abusable weapon?

Nothing, all the while spam fest weapons with no team benefit like Telos Boltace are still a thing.. Just seems silly to me I guess.

Edited by _DapperDanMan_

Just now, _DapperDanMan_ said:

Nothing, all the while spam fest weapons with no team benefit like Telos Boltace are still a thing..

Quit moving the goalposts. This thread is about the Secura Lecta. Again, if credit acquisition is improved, whats wrong with nerfing a weapon that is easily abused?

Just now, _DapperDanMan_ said:

Lol, what?

I'm sorry, you're right. I'm sure you have far more insight with your 6 months of playtime.

No "goalposts" were shifted.. An observation was made.

I've played for longer than 6 months lol, my in game account and steam account say differently but sure, believe what you want. Because that's really going to prove your point.

You are shifting the goalposts by talking about other things like Telos Boltace when they are irrelevant to the discussion. To break it down, you're saying "BUT X WEAPON" when the topic was about one specific weapon. That's literally shifting the goalposts to suit your argument. 

2 minutes ago, Zamio said:

You are shifting the goalposts by talking about other things like Telos Boltace when they are irrelevant to the discussion. To break it down, you're saying "BUT X WEAPON" when the topic was about one specific weapon. That's literally shifting the goalposts to suit your argument. 

Again, lol what?

I answered your question, with a caveat. There was no argument made.

However, if you want to go that route. One doesn't simply have a conversation in regards to balance without making simple comparisons to other weapons of it's class.

Melee, check. 

Syndicate Melee with passive effect, check. 

Syndicate Melee with passive effect deemed questionable by a large portion of the community, check.

otherwise, how the hell do you balance? Which is what I did.. No argument. A statement. Not even a personal opinion. Meanwhile you've gone out of your way to be a hypocrite and derail far more than my simple statement did.

And your WF forum account shows the first day you started. 

Well it's either that I use Secura Lecta and actually doing a long Dark Sector run for credits, or I spam short runs for completion credits.

I guess now it's back to spamming short runs. Take away Secura Lecta's credit bonus means I'll simply stop using it and use other melee weapons.

If people want to slide themselves rich during boring gameplay, I say let them. I'm at the point where I need to get my credits up again and I don't feel pressured into doing the same to make money.

I think the nerf is ridiculous, because you can just P2W yourself to a credit booster and get large sums just by playing. If anything, this smells more like getting people to buy the boosters, instead of having a reliable tool to just get it over with. Even if that's not the intention (and I firmly believe that DE puts five times the effort into making money from in-game purchases than content) it seems semi-rotten of them.

12 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

Again, lol what?

I answered your question, with a caveat. There was no argument made.

However, if you want to go that route. One doesn't simply have a conversation in regards to balance without making simple comparisons to other weapons of it's class.

Melee, check. 

Syndicate Melee with passive effect, check. 

Syndicate Melee with passive effect deemed questionable by a large portion of the community, check.

otherwise, how the hell do you balance? Which is what I did.. No argument. A statement. Not even a personal opinion. Meanwhile you've gone out of your way to be a hypocrite and derail far more than my simple statement did.

And your WF forum account shows the first day you started. 

Gotcha. But is it the secura lecta? No. That is my problem with your post. You're trying to bring up another weapon and it's balance issues when it has nothing to do with credit acquisition. If it had a similar trait, then yes, I would agree it has its place. But this is specifically about how SL generates credits, not its actual strength.

How on earth am I being a hypocrite? I would love to see you justify that one.

And I know how long I've been playing the game. I also know that I changed the email attached to this account last year. Like I said, you don't have to believe me, I don't care enough to argue how long I've been playing.

2 minutes ago, Zamio said:

Gotcha. But is it the secura lecta? No. That is my problem with your post. You're trying to bring up another weapon and it's balance issues when it has nothing to do with credit acquisition. If it had a similar trait, then yes, I would agree it has its place. But this is specifically about how SL generates credits, not its actual strength.

How on earth am I being a hypocrite? I would love to see you justify that one.

And I know how long I've been playing the game. I also know that I changed the email attached to this account last year. Like I said, you don't have to believe me, I don't care enough to argue how long I've been playing.

Jesus Christ you're dense. No argument was even made.. Another weapon was "mentioned" in a passive sense.

And no, this post isn't strictly about how the secura lecta gets it's credits. It's about the potential nerf in general.

And you're jumping my balls for "goalshifting" yet you've now made this post entirely about your view and interpretation of what? The subtext of my comment?

GG

1 hour ago, Kazvent said:

Then  they also should rework nekros because  he is used for farming and shouldn´t be a "farming" warframe 

Yes.  Yes they should, frankly.  It's just too late now to do anything about it without almost the entire community probably rightfully burning everything down in outrage, and the Secura Lecta was also a mistake.  Farming should never had been tied to gear in the first place.

<X> gets you more <Y>.  If you want <Y>, the by far most efficient way is to use <X>.  Humans crave efficiency.  Therefore, most people farming will use <X>.  Using <X> becomes the standard, and it is now assumed you always use <X> for farming <Y>.  The cost of <Y> is adjusted because it is being farmed at an increased rate due to <X>, everyone faces inflated <Y> costs, those who do not use <X> (by choice or not) are even worse off.

There are 31 Warframes, and dozens of weapons I don't care enough to count.  I'm not comfortable with any one set being unquestionably the best at a given thing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Who cares if you get credits. Really what the f are going to do with them? What is in the market that you can buy with them.

I agree. When you begin the game, credits might be na issue. Later on, there isnt anything you can do with so many credits.

Bought 20 pedestals and Im still sitting at more than 100 million. And Im sure there are people out there with much much more.