Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

What are u saying i can't make millions of credits in a hour and bypass all the rest of the game because this new mechanich gave me that possibility? and i can't sell my secura lecta for 100+ pl to other people who want to bypass all credit rewards because only this weapon can trivialize the work of 3.5years of developent?

Dem i sure am sad for this.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Yeah?  Better nerf Syn Spamulor again or give it a cool down.

I'm unclear on the tone of this.

If you're being sincere, then I agree.  It should be looked at as well.

If you're saying so-and-so is more broken therefore we shouldn't bother trying to fix anything else, I would say just because the roof's leaking doesn't mean you can't dust the shelves, these things are not mutually exclusive.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I honestly didn't think credit gain from the Secura Lecta was important enough to actually get nerfed since everything in the game pretty much cost credits. Even blueprints from weapons cost credits. Why does blueprints we buy from our dojo cost credits? Just another example of an another unnecessary nerf. 

Welp I better go credit farm as much as I can now before that comes.

Pretty much this, even though before Pedestal Prime and the Secura Lecta were introduced I was swimming in 82+ million credits. I'm at a humble 52 million credits now. 

Honestly, 20 waves just to get 1.2 million credits per run plus the rewarded credits gained from the mission itself is still a pebble thrown at the wide ocean of the free market in Warframe. It's not gamebreaking by any means. Players swimming in credits are fine, but I feel that if this passive is helping those players that do need the credits in a short amount of time but still withstanding the same grind necessary to improve their own QoL in-game, then this nerf is painful to them and ridiculous at the same time.

Granted, I don't mind at all if the Secura Lecta gets a change though. I had the initial idea when the weapon was first released that credits gained while equipping the Secura Lecta would boost its attack speed. Like the flavor text from the Secura Penta: 

"Ruthless and efficient, just like the free market."

Here's an idea, DE: Change the Secura Lecta's second passive that improves the finisher attack animation speed and give it the passive that credits gained upon pickup would increase the weapon's overall attack speed. Then we'll rejoice on a change to a weapon and not feel bitter about a nerf to it.

There used to be a time when the only viable credit farms were dark sector defense or void capture runs. Compared to that, there are many more options now, including sorties and raids. The problem is players in their early and mid careers don't really have access to those.

The amounts I've seen gained with the money whip are way off the charts compared to anything else. So yes, it should be nerfed. And there should be more options for early game to get credits.

Would be fun to see one final double credits weekend before the nerf, though... 100k per good old T4 cap run would pale in comparison.

On 2017. 01. 20. at 9:13 PM, xenoncat20 said:

I think people are just whining about the Secura Lecta because it's something that was actually wonderful, apparently no one can have nice things even in video games. The fact that it is getting nerfed bugs me to a very high degree, and I do not think that there are any justifications what-so-ever for them to nerf the credit amount. There are a very large quantity of items and ways to spend a million credits and there are a lot of people who do not have that much time in the world to farm the amount of credits it takes to say, buy a primed mod or level up a mod from 0-9 or 0-10.

This is just another event in my eyes of people seeing something wonderful and powerful and taking it down so it's no better and even possibly worse than the rest.

Yeah, Akkad credit farm is hurting noone's experience of the game, especially not those 4 people who are there for that very reason. Why nerf it then? 

Same situation with nidus' stacks nerfs. Didn't hurt anybody's fun the way it was before, now the Nidus players are having less fun. 

Reminder that if you are crying for nerfs in games like this, then you are a massive tosspot.

Lol thats funny. But its not. I feel bad for the people I got 200p off of during the first days of trading the thing. The real reason for the nerf is for the Credit Boosters to sell again. Think about it, Secura Lecta = Life long credit booster.

And people were crying about it going for eventually 100p, ok go pay 80p to rent a Lecta for a week.

.....ok i can see how a lifetime credit booster is too much and yeah im not surprised theres a nerf incoming. Still sucks for the big spenders who bought already. Oh well, heres to hoping its still viable for farming!

5 hours ago, brokentool said:

I got mine 4 days ago and today someone told me the news in Akkad (was not able to watch the last devstream)

I just hope it's still viable as a way to get a meaningful amount per mission after the nerf. Not greedy, I am MR18 and I've never had creds to spare (building, always building)

also pls no archwing in sorties

One detail I forgot to add in the OP is that they were discussing giving a higher credit bonus depending on your mastery rank. So, overall they are nerfing the amount of credits it gives, but they still want it to help credit farming some. And those with mastery ranks on the higher end (MR18 definitely being on the higher end), will benefit more from using it. 

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

One detail I forgot to add in the OP is that they were discussing giving a higher credit bonus depending on your mastery rank. So, overall they are nerfing the amount of credits it gives, but they still want it to help credit farming some. And those with mastery ranks on the higher end (MR18 definitely being on the higher end), will benefit more from using it. 

Let's hope you're right.

Let's see. I can easily get over 100k with a secura lecta in 20w of akkad how often i want, but i can only get 100k per day from sorties. Can you really compare the two? I undertstand people's unrest about this since it was the only way to get a good chunk of credits without spending hours upon hours on it, it's kinda DE's fault that they made the credit gain so abysmal. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Let's see. I can easily get over 100k with a secura lecta in 20w of akkad how often i want, but i can only get 100k per day from sorties. Can you really compare the two?

Er, I can literally play 5 waves 4 times in most any of my preferred dark sectors and get over 100k without secura lecta. The additional time it takes to start new runs is irrelevant anyway.

i bought 20 prime trashcans(pedestals. which cost a mil credits from baro for those that dont know). currently sitting on another 18mil. why do ppl need credits so badly? i personally want a weapon that gives endo on kills. maybe then i can upgrade the mods i have all these credits for...

On 21.1.2017 at 0:43 AM, TrickshotMcGee said:

Honestly, I have no issue with it being nerfed. 

I think the popularity of the weapon has helped highlight the issue (most) people have with credits, and how grossly difficult they can be to farm in any useful amounts. So I hope that with the nerf to this weapon, we can get some love for every other source of credits and all the things that we are forced to sink them into can, hopefully, be adjusted as well. 

dream on - there will be no reasonable change to the "other" credit income ever - we still have the useless credit-caches rewards from excavation and sabotage caches since forever. they are too focused on putting out new weapons and frames, and balancing things only when the player find yet again a cheesy way to use them (which will ever be the case).

i don't really care if this will yet-another-useless-nerf, for i have near 60 millions credits already - 40 million of them b4 i ever used the secura lecta btw, and the last 20 mil. came from this stupid mutagen-farm-marathon they put us on (one week farming with the money whip can bring that about). so go ahead and annoy those ppl who put time and formas into a weapon again like done so with many other frames and weapons already - i still would like to see some reimbursement for all this S#&$ (someting like an insta-forma without the need for more stupid releveling). most people will still find it a piss on their wall though - no matter what...

I never had more than 200k credits at a time before getting a secura lecta. That was from hours of 5min dark sector survivals. Mindnumbing bordom. Even then it went straight into buying Baro mods or syndicate title upgrades. How could you possibly have 1M credits to pay for the trade tax on primed mods, didn't even enter my reality.

Thanks for the nerf DE and reminding me not to bother logging back in. Life is too short for endless grinding games.

Just now, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

Leave it as it is, instead of nerfing a good credit source buff the others. With r10 mods costing millions to fuse, Baro items being 100k+ each or trading for prime mods being 1 million each, stuff like the lecta is needed to keep up with the costs of stuff 

There's plenty different ways to make credits effectively. With plenty I mean two. Apart from just playing the game.

But being able to get over 1M credits in one mission does seem a bit excessive and I doubt that's what they intended the whip to be used for.

A competing viewpoint:  The secura lecta breaks the game's economy hardcore.

Using this weapon multiplies the credits you gain by like.... 10x? If all sources of credits were as profitable as this one single weapon, you might as well just remove credits from the game entirely entirely because people can make over a million credits per hour with it. Even turning the weapon down some (we don't know how far yet) could easily still leave it being the most profitable way to rake in credits.

Just now, tbeest said:

There's plenty different ways to make credits effectively. With plenty I mean two. Apart from just playing the game.

But being able to get over 1M credits in one mission does seem a bit excessive and I doubt that's what they intended the whip to be used for.

That's with a booster though, and if the whip isn't meant to be used as a credit farm source then why does it have a passive which screams "use me to farm credits"? 

They need to understand that passive credit acquisition is too low without active farming due to the honestly pathetic mission rewards on non-dark sector missions. We shouldn't be rewarded less than 15k per mission and alerts need to give upwards of 100k, sorties can be 1 million. This way, the rec chat won't be spammed with "hosting Akkad must have secura lecta" as much and the reliance on it as a credit source is reduced.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

Leave it as it is, instead of nerfing a good credit source buff the others. With r10 mods costing millions to fuse, Baro items being 100k+ each or trading for prime mods being 1 million each, stuff like the lecta is needed to keep up with the costs of stuff 

Come on, doesn't it seem even a tiny bit too much to you to get 1.5 millions in 30 mins? Like this you can easily get more money much faster than you could ever spend them on something.

I cannot picture any sane developer that will let this go forever, especially when credits are such a crucial part of everything in Warframe.

Just now, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

That's with a booster though, and if the whip isn't meant to be used as a credit farm source then why does it have a passive which screams "use me to farm credits"? 

They need to understand that passive credit acquisition is too low without active farming due to the honestly pathetic mission rewards on non-dark sector missions. We shouldn't be rewarded less than 15k per mission and alerts need to give upwards of 100k, sorties can be 1 million. This way, the rec chat won't be spammed with "hosting Akkad must have secura lecta" as much and the reliance on it as a credit source is reduced.

Just use it and get more credits than usual in normal missions? That's what it seemed like me back when the Secura Lecta was exclaimed to be "the worst of all new syndicate melees".

Akkad right now is more of an exploit rather than the small credit boost I think they intended for it to be.

5 minutes ago, tbeest said:

Just use it and get more credits than usual in normal missions? That's what it seemed like me back when the Secura Lecta was exclaimed to be "the worst of all new syndicate melees".

Akkad right now is more of an exploit rather than the small credit boost I think they intended for it to be.

It's not an exploit, they are using game mechanics and features given by DE themselves. If anything this is the perfect example of synergy. A group created who understand what needs to be done and how in the most efficient way. Is being efficient wrong?

Why is Akkad most preferable right now? because its a small area for defence. Does Akkad need to be changed? No, why? because it's been like that for a very long time. It has and always has been a place to farm credits.