Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why bother doing the insanely stupid new quest requiremnts when youtube exists

Proman249

3 hours ago, Proman249 said:

I know reward and all but I'm just playing for the story basically.  And all the requirements to even start the quest are based on percents less than 20.  What even the hell is this.

Calm yourself Salt King

3 hours ago, Proman249 said:

why bother doing the insanely stupid new quest requiremnts when youtube exists

So, umm, what I think you're trying to say is, "Why would anyone play a video game when you can watch someone else play a video game instead". Is this really what you mean?

I - I don't know what to say anymore.

I dunno, getting a group together that actually knows what they are doing in those puzzle rooms can be a challenge. If you try pubbing it, you usually end up with three people standing around clueless while one frustrated player tries to get someone to help them complete the puzzle.

I found it somewhat annoying.

I'm already prepared for War Within, got Sedna unlocked and have done for ages. it's more fun to do it yourself, and there's several Principle rooms that can be Solo'd. killing Sentients is easy enough, just bring as many different damage types as possible and a tanky frame to absorb those overpowered Battalyst shots, and run Plato over and over.

not sure what you're struggling with, honestly.

5 hours ago, ArbitUHM said:

I dunno, getting a group together that actually knows what they are doing in those puzzle rooms can be a challenge. If you try pubbing it, you usually end up with three people standing around clueless while one frustrated player tries to get someone to help them complete the puzzle.

I found it somewhat annoying.

The only one that can't be completed solo is the co-op one, anything that takes patience or thought I tend to do solo as pubs are too unreliable.

1 hour ago, TheyreFood said:

what in this has less than 20% chance of happening, i dont understand... 

I assume they're referring to the puzzle rooms spawning, they're not guaranteed and if you don't know exactly what you're looking for you can walk right past them.

Playing the game and only watching in youtube are two completely different things that (generally) don't substitute each other. I like both, but I'm not changing the gaming experience to a youtube video only because I think it's hard to do a quest.

As for the requirement of the junction for mission, I agree that it's bad and boring as hell... when it announced that TWW needed the pluto-sedna junction I rushed to get it, but just hated that it asked me to complete the Lua hidden rooms (I think those rooms were supposed to be optional content and not  a mandatory thing to do). At least it should be just "kill only 1 sentinent" and "complete only 1 puzzle" so that players experience it but without boring mission replay.