Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New ember deluxe skin got me thinking...

Kaeorlo

I've been an ember main since update 12, and if you were around then you'll remember ember wasn't all that great compared to now. Even though she has been looked at and tweaked I feel a rework could be a good thing for ember. I have some ideas but I would like to hear if anyone else would like to share some thoughts here. lastly I don't expect ember to get a rework but lets have some fun on how we would like to tweak ember.

I think a rework would be cool, and I've actually had some ideas(crappy ones but ideas nevertheless) for her ult. One of which involves her running around with fiery hands, able to throw fireballs- like her 1st ability, if I remember Ember's powers correctly- and do a small AOE circle, similar to her second ability(?). Kind of like Ivara or Excalibur in the sense of walk-around synergy-related ults, but I think it's cool, personally.

I doubt Ember would get a rework, since she's really cool/good as it is, but like you said, it's pretty fun to just think about it.

I had a few  ideas on how to add a bit more synergy. If fire ball were to hit accelerant marked targets it would be an explosive fire ball and do more damage and splash damage to say 5-10 meters? from where it hit. World on fire would do the same thing but have less range but a much higher status chance with accelerant covered targets. Also let her fire procs stack and the more fire procs on an enemy the more intense her flames become and get a chance to crit with accelerant increasing the crit damage and crit chance each proc gives. Then maybe throwing in some kind of armor reduction in there somewhere like frost has with his ult. Maybe she melts a bit of armor  off? makes sense to me.Might sound like making her op but this is just an idea I came up with in 5 minutes.

Yeah she definitely needs a rework, and a big one at that. There's really no room/use for damage-focused frames in this game that have no form of scaling. At least Ash has access to Slash/Finisher damage; Fire is useless except for the chance of panicking enemies.

Plus her 4 is a brainless load of rubbish at the moment that strips the fun away from missions up to level 40-60ish for both you and the rest of the squad, and is essentially useless after that without the nearly mandatory aug, Firequake. 

All-in-all, people are only really using her as an Ignis with an aimbot slapped on for clearing out low-level stuff quickly, at the expense of the entertainment of their squad. That needs to change.

Edited by Jackviator

new passive:

whenever a enemy who is on fire dies by any of ember's abilities, they explode dealing 25% of their max health as fire damage in an aoe.

ember's 1st ability, fire ball now also triggers the passive when cast on burning targets

now she has a tool for endgame scaling and her 1/passive aren't deadpan useless.

@Artorius-Alter IMO I liked all the reworks so far, they nerf one thing but redistribute that power into the other abilities and add synergy which I think is fun. As much as I love ember she really needs something to raise her from the ashes (phoenix joke) and if she got a rework along with  her deluxe skin that would be great.

13 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Yeah she definitely needs one, and a big one at that. There's really no room/use for damage-focused frames in this game that have no form of scaling. At least Ash has access to Slash/Finisher damage; Fire is useless except for the chance of panicking enemies.

Plus her 4 is a brainless load of rubbish at the moment that strips the fun away from missions up to level 40-60ish for both you and the rest of the squad, and is essentially useless after that without the nearly mandatory aug, Firequake. 

All-in-all, people are only really using her as an Ignis with an aimbot slapped on for clearing out low-level stuff quickly, at the expense of the entertainment of their squad. That needs to change.

dang. why does no one have faith in the sortie level power of 200% power strength world on fire and accelerant?

@Jakorak I have a build for 200% + power strength and 135% build with max range and fire quake, both do very well, but the point I was trying to make is if DE was to do a rework what would you change. For one her passives needs a rework for sure. She could also use a little bit more synergy, even rhino has more synergy with his powers then ember does.

Only change I really want for Ember is for the fire blast wall to absorb a modest percentage of projectiles going through it. This way it serves as a defensive move for her, giving her a bit of survivability. If DE is feeling really generous, they could make bullets leaving the ring do added fire damage (which can be augmented with accelerant)

1 hour ago, DraginSamich said:

@Jackviator I totally agree, I wanted to just  make this post to have some fun with what we can come up with, but you make a great point, lets just hope DE see's this and can give her a more interactive ult.

Hmm... well personally, I would give her abilities some form of scaling. What I mean by that is either give them a use/function that is useful at all levels, or scaling damage like Ash has. In a perfect world, I would give her some form of damage mitigation skill to replace her 3 (kinda like she had before with Overheat, but less blatantly OP by removing the WoF-style DOT) to give her some much-needed survivability, as her 3 is basically useless atm. For her 4, I would make it either a scaling damage (%-based) "nuke" of some sort that requires "charging up," and a bit of forethought as to when and how you would like to use it, kinda like you described:

32 minutes ago, DraginSamich said:

I would say her 4th would probably need to cost more energy/second for more cc and damage

Which I think would lead to it being a lot less utterly brainless/require a bit of actual strategy, and at least some involvement/input from the user...

Or alternatively, make her 4th ability entirely focused on CC through setting the ground of a certain area on fire with a massive blast of fire (think of it like the aftereffects of a Hyekka Master spraying the ground with the Ignis), making all enemies within the area panic for several seconds, unable to act, while taking a bit of fire damage over time. Any enemy not caught in the initial blast that passes through this fire-field would be affected by this stun as well. (World on Fire would then cease to be a misnomer, as an added benefit).

The ground that is given the "Hyekka effect" would burn with fire colored with the user's energy color, so as not to confuse it with the fire created by the environment or enemy units.

Edited by Jackviator

3 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Which I think would lead to it being a lot less utterly brainless/require a bit of actual strategy, and at least some involvement/input from the user...

Or alternatively, make her 4th ability entirely focused on CC through setting the ground of a certain area on fire with a massive blast of fire (think of it like the aftereffects of a Hyekka Master spraying the ground with the Ignis), making all enemies within the area panic for several seconds, unable to act, while taking a bit of fire damage over time. Any enemy not caught in the initial blast that passes through this fire-field would be affected by this stun as well. (World on Fire would then cease to be a misnomer, as an added benefit).

The ground that is given the "Hyekka effect" would be the user's energy color, so as not to confuse it with the fire created by the environment or enemy units.

I love this idea. This could easily replace her 3rd power. Not sure if they would giver the the excalibur treatment and replace her 4 though.