Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate frames.

LordOfScrugging

Just now, Hai1fir3e said:

This.

This.

The point is that the Quests should fundamentally be about exploring the Syndicates, their histories, their goals, and why they have the things that they have (like the Infested being in Red Veil's room or the Orokin structures in New Loka's room or the sword motifs that the Arbiters have). And if the Quests are fundamentally about the Syndicates and fleshing them out and explaining them, then the warframes associated with the quests should also work to do that.

11 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That's the thing, if the villain of the quest is using infestation in the index then it would make complete sense. We don't know what the actual story of the quest will be, so assuming there will be no hint of infestation is just speculation. Claiming it should be a red veil frame cause they have infested in their room is like saying steel should have a grineer frame cause they have grineer stuff in their room. I'm not denying that it would suit the specific syndicate better, but anyone who thinks the frames should match the syndicate thematically are just wrong.

I have absolutely no doubt they wrote something that makes Nidus relevant to the quest. I'm just saying there are two things to balance here

The warframe's relevance to the quest

vs

The warframe's thematic ties to the faction

Titania managed to accomplish both. Nidus, apparently, has not.

All this said!! I'm still very interested in seeing exactly how Nidus is involved in the Index quest.

Look, if you are going to have Syndicate quests, then those quests should correspond to what we know about the Syndicates. That means Perrin Sequence should get a quests about their anti-Corpus efforts: what is Perrin Sequence? why did they form, what don't they like about the Corpus, how are they opposing the Corpus? Or New Loka: why are they trying to repopulate Earth, how are they getting humans to relocate, what are they doing about the Grineer presence on Earth? Or Red Veil: what do they actually want to do, why are they toying with the Infested, who are they actually targeting?

And if that's what they should be doing, then the frames they put into these quests should also have something to do with it. That means, a Red Veil quest is more appropriate to Nidus than a Perrin Sequence quest. Or, at the very least, an actual Infested quest.

21 minutes ago, Arktourus said:

Look, if you are going to have Syndicate quests, then those quests should correspond to what we know about the Syndicates. That means Perrin Sequence should get a quests about their anti-Corpus efforts: what is Perrin Sequence? why did they form, what don't they like about the Corpus, how are they opposing the Corpus? Or New Loka: why are they trying to repopulate Earth, how are they getting humans to relocate, what are they doing about the Grineer presence on Earth? Or Red Veil: what do they actually want to do, why are they toying with the Infested, who are they actually targeting?

And if that's what they should be doing, then the frames they put into these quests should also have something to do with it. That means, a Red Veil quest is more appropriate to Nidus than a Perrin Sequence quest. Or, at the very least, an actual Infested quest.

Going by that, then Nidus wouldn't fit solely cause veil has infested. Honestly that's like grasping straws. There is no explanation to why they have infested or if they are doing anything with them. We don't have lore for any quests, however we've not played the quest so you don't know if they will do exactly what you are complaining about. Just cause the reward is an infested frame, you assume the quest won't delve into perrin's history. You know what they say about assumptions...

Edit: Regardless, this isn't a thread about what frame themes fit with which factions or about Nidus himself.

This is merely discussion on the new trend of syndicate related frame quests and a wishlist of the frames you would want for the remaining syndicates 

Edited by LordOfScrugging

I don't understand why a Syndicate quest-acquired warframe should necessarily have anything to do with that Syndicate's theme. Is it not possible for a Syndicate to discover clues to the blueprints of a warframe that doesn't perfectly fit their philosophy?

2 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

So with Nidus being confirmed to be in a quest tied to the perrin sequence, it seems that there will be a frame quest per syndicate. What themes are you predicting for the syndicates?

So far we have: 

Loka with Titania

Perrin with Nidus

I think Suda will get bard frame

veil will get some form of ghost/specter frame. (Would kinda function more like limbo and nyx)

Steel will get a shielder (has a giant shield, can tank and aggro like crazy and can self heal; think rhino and valkyr's love child) 

Then we reach arbiters. If this frame is anything Boltor related I will be very upset. I'll be watching you DE. Stop the boltors, it's not funny anymore.

What are your thoughts?

Well u shouldnt be said that hexis would get a boltor frame, it will just be a vamp anyhow.

1 hour ago, TennoPain said:

But but.... me like pew pew shiny boltor.

But a walking Boltor? A line has to be crossed. We might as well petition to have arbiters name changed to arbiters of Bolton and all the sigils changes to have boltors instead of swords. 

32 minutes ago, Newnight said:

Well u shouldnt be said that hexis would get a boltor frame, it will just be a vamp anyhow.

I never thought of the vamp, but arbiters have been screwed in the creativity department with their weapons, can only imagine that our frame will be lack luster

3 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

There was never anything mentioned by it being an infested quest. There might be infestation, however they stated that the villain of the quest is obsessed with the index. It might be some corpus bigwig that's using the infestation as weapons to make more money in the index, while showing how greedy the corpus is.

No matter how money grabbing the Corpus are, there is one line they will NEVER cross: DO NOT MESS WITH THE INFESTED. It's too dangerous and always cost more than it's worth. It's why Alad v got kicked out and hunted down. The only other Corpus faction I can think of who messes with the Infested are the Black Seed (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Seed) and they're also shown as shunned in the eyes of the Corpus. Messing with the infested has always been more of a Grineer (Dr.Tengus)'s thing.

Edited by Beggining
Black Seed

8 minutes ago, Beggining said:

No matter how money grabbing the Corpus are, there is one line they will NEVER cross: DO NOT MESS WITH THE INFESTED. It's too dangerous and always cost more than it's worth. It's why Alad v got kicked out and hunted down. Messing with the infested has always been more of a Grineer (Dr.Tengus)'s thing.

What about the Black Seed?

11 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

What about the Black Seed?

Added in the quote 6 minutes before you, hon :P

26 minutes ago, Beggining said:

No matter how money grabbing the Corpus are, there is one line they will NEVER cross: DO NOT MESS WITH THE INFESTED. It's too dangerous and always cost more than it's worth. It's why Alad v got kicked out and hunted down. The only other Corpus faction I can think of who messes with the Infested are the Black Seed (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Seed) and they're also shown as shunned in the eyes of the Corpus. Messing with the infested has always been more of a Grineer (Dr.Tengus)'s thing.

33 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Still, without playing the quest it's hard to determine the relevance of Nidus with the perrin sequence. We can't just assume that they are shoe horning the frame in. There has to be some relevance with the villain rather than with perrin. Why would DE specifically mention a villain for this quest when they haven't necessarily done so before.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Still, without playing the quest it's hard to determine the relevance of Nidus with the perrin sequence. We can't just assume that they are shoe horning the frame in. There has to be some relevance with the villain rather than with perrin. Why would DE specifically mention a villain for this quest when they haven't necessarily done so before.

Oh, don't worry: none of my quote actually says that they're shoehorning the frame in. I'm just saying that it is tad odd that the Perrin are dealing with the Infested when they're fighting the Corpus, who are afraid to experiment on the Infested. It'd be very interesting to see the relation between Nidus and Perrin.

Pretty sure they said in a previous dev stream that there's no guarantee that each syndicate will have a warframe so in theory some might have a new companion or something else...

Cephalon could get a modified version of the helios due to the connection to Cephalon Simaris like with the weapons... maybe it could add to cephalon simaris standing unlike the normal one... 

Arbiters could have a new breed of companion, additional kavat breed(s) have been mentioned in devstream or even the ferral version (people have been asking for it and dev's seem to like the idea) because they don't believe in tenno/warframes etc.

As to nidus being red veil... maybe but perrin are 50% linked with new loka and new loka have the most powerful infested, the ancient, as it's specter so seeing as new loka got titania it kind of makes sense that perrin could get nidus.... although I will say I'd have rather seen a new companion from them in the form of a custom bursa or hyena. 

One thing I will say is that using the index as the quest kind of seems like taking the easy way out on the quest for nidus as it's half the work done already if you get me... probably the only way they can get it out by the end of the year like they said they would. 

I can kind of see a direction that the quest could take.... perrin 'find' infested frame, manage to disable it using their nullifier bubble units and offer it as a prize for whoever wins the index tournament... we have to fight as our tenno not the warframe to make it super annoying...

Edited by LSG501

4 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

DE just linked the Infested frame to Perrin Sequence of all syndicates, instead of to Red Veil. It highly probable that they'll link the Bard frame to the Arbiters instead of Suda.

I believe this story will parallel the Rhino Codex as an opportunity to further reveal the nature of Warframes.

People are reading too much into the "Syndicate Frame" concept.  The Titania quest involved Loka because the Grove is where Titania's designer hid herself and the frame and was mistaken as the Spirit Guardian of The Grove ...not because it was a "Loka Frame".

Nidas could be a storyline about the perils of corporate greed violating public safety and the public trust (Like the Corporation in the Alien(s) movies).

Story #1.

The Perrin Sequence see an opportunity to make a lot of money by weaponizing a new Strain of infestation they find on a huge derelict ship found near a colony outpost and selling it to the highest Corpus bidder and use deception to trick you into thinking it is a rescue mission.

I don't think Alad got kicked for messing with Infestation. He got kicked because he became so consumed by it that he became bad for business.

Story #2. (cooler/more likely)

The Perrin Sequence scientists discover a sleeping Nidas frame in a Cryopod and while studying it on one of their Capital ships, it breaks free like in the (Proto) Rhino Codex and begins slaughtering everyone and spreading infestation.

In this way, lore can expound upon the nature of Warframes as well.

Perrin Scientists = Orokin Scientists

Nidas = Proto-Rhino.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

5 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

If this frame is anything Boltor related I will be very upset. I'll be watching you DE. Stop the boltors, it's not funny anymore

I dunno, I was laughing pretty hard when Telos Boltace was confirmed, mainly because I had teased many Arbiters about it previously (all in fun of course).

Telos Excaliboltor, a Warframe made entirely from Boltor family weapon parts, and his powers are to fire different kinds of bolts (CC armour piercing etc.) at the enemy! it's perfect!

9 minutes ago, FeralCreator said:

For a second, the title made me think of having a non-primed frame be available like a syndicate weapon. Imagine Rakta Ivara, Vaykor Mesa, Sancti Equinox, etc.

That'd probably never happen, though it does make me really want to see 'syndicate Warframe skins' that'd be pretty cool.

eh, I'll reserve judgement until the quest is out and playable - after all the infested might just be an obstacle during the quest but not the focus or its nothing to do with Perrin sequence lore but involves them since they might've found something idk (I mean new loka was involved in the last quest but I wouldn't call it a syndicate quest/frame at least in my view - it seemed to reveal more about the somatic link/warframe lore than stuff having to do with Loka)

19 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

DE just linked the Infested frame to Perrin Sequence of all syndicates, instead of to Red Veil. It highly probable that they'll link the Bard frame to the Arbiters instead of Suda.

Well we'll see what it's going to be related to.
The red veil have infested chargers captured, but the only ones we know recently that have been growing & experimenting with Infestation was Alad V.
Could be Alad V had some scientists by his side that left once he went as far as to infest himself. Though I'm doubtful of my own theory since DE mentioned it'll involve an Index related baddie.

We'll see where it goes, I thought it was really strange myself but I think it does have potential!

I really hope Suda doesn't get a warframe whose ability is to scan.

19 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That's the thing, if the villain of the quest is using infestation in the index then it would make complete sense. We don't know what the actual story of the quest will be, so assuming there will be no hint of infestation is just speculation. Claiming it should be a red veil frame cause they have infested in their room is like saying steel should have a grineer frame cause they have grineer stuff in their room. I'm not denying that it would suit the specific syndicate better, but anyone who thinks the frames should match the syndicate thematically are just wrong.

Yeah, I mean, remember how New Loka is all about being the fairy syndicate?

19 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Going by that, then Nidus wouldn't fit solely cause veil has infested. Honestly that's like grasping straws. There is no explanation to why they have infested or if they are doing anything with them. We don't have lore for any quests, however we've not played the quest so you don't know if they will do exactly what you are complaining about. Just cause the reward is an infested frame, you assume the quest won't delve into perrin's history. You know what they say about assumptions...

Edit: Regardless, this isn't a thread about what frame themes fit with which factions or about Nidus himself.

This is merely discussion on the new trend of syndicate related frame quests and a wishlist of the frames you would want for the remaining syndicates 

The point is that the Red Veil do have Infested stuff. So if the aim is to use the Syndicates in quests to introduce new Warframes, Red Veil is a much better choice than Perrin Sequence. 

As for what the quest will do, New Loka's quest and Steel Meridian's event are pretty good indicators. Neither of those delved in any way into the history of the Syndicates. New Loka's was about their hatred of genetic manipulation and the history of Titania (and transference technology). That being a basis, we won't get anything about Perrin Sequence's history, and certainly nothing in depth about the Corpus themselves. Now of course, I'd absolutely love to be wrong about that. But the fact that the Perrin Sequence quest is going to be about an Infested problem, with a particular related villain tells me they are just going to fall back on the worn out, silly Alad V rather than take the opportunity to really show us something long overdo.

As for the trend of syndicate-related frame quests and a wishlist, Nidus+Red Veil was on my wishlist. And for the others, I'd at least like frames that could somewhat fit with the syndicates. What's the point if it's just random pairings?

21 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Nidus should be a Red Veil frame. A Perrin Sequence quest should not be wasted on some problem with the infestation. The Perrin Sequence are fighting the Corpus. Their quest should be about that conflict, why the Sequence broke from them, and it should tell us more about the Corpus. Not the Infested. It really makes me upset that DE doesn't seem to have a grasp on story development. And I say that because, quite honestly, a Perrin Sequence quest is the only place we're going to get any meaningful development of Perrin Sequence. And we won't get that from a quest about the Infested.

On the flip side, the Red Veil literally have infested stuff in their relay room, yet it obviously didn't cross anyone's mind at DE that they'd be fitting for their new infested frame. I don't even understand how that's possible. It's the common sense thing to do, and other people were speculating that well before yesterday's devstream. So I don't understand how DE can not understand that.

I know, I'm probably taking this a bit too seriously, but I honestly feel like they are butchering their own story by doing random stuff instead of things that make sense and that further develop their lore.

I'm already upset about what they did with New Loka (in short, they basically undermined New Loka's entire purpose for existing, one by making them obsessed with a grove more than with restoring humanity on Earth, and two by having the New Loka leader want to give up and quit everything just because she finds out the truth about the grove).

I'm one of the ones who wasn't satisfied with TWW because it failed to tell us anything more meaningful about the Grineer. Nothing about their structure, about how the Queens gained power, about why the Grineer look up to them, etc. Nothing. Instead, we got a bunch of Disney-esque villains who act more like the Wicked Witch of the West and Harley Quinn than they do TWIN Queens who were supposed to be renown warriors (according to the Kuria lore).

And I'm once again annoyed because seems like they're gonna have yet another missed lore opportunity with Perrin Sequence and the Infested.

I really wish they had a dedicated story group that was focused on charting out the lore for this game. And if they already have such a writing group, then imo they need to get some new people in there because I don't think they're doing a good job.

^100% agreed

but as for the topic itself, now that Perrin's quest is the Nidus frame (would definitely thought it would've been the bard) then I see Arbiter's getting the quest for the Bard so:

Arbiters: Bard

Suda: Light/Hardlight/Hologram/Hacking type of frame

Veil: Liquid metal frame (so Mercury frame, basically)

Steel: Some kind of Knight frame, I guess (can't think of one that could fit them without thinking of a Valkyr ripoff).

22 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Nidus should be a Red Veil frame. A Perrin Sequence quest should not be wasted on some problem with the infestation. The Perrin Sequence are fighting the Corpus. Their quest should be about that conflict, why the Sequence broke from them, and it should tell us more about the Corpus. Not the Infested. It really makes me upset that DE doesn't seem to have a grasp on story development. And I say that because, quite honestly, a Perrin Sequence quest is the only place we're going to get any meaningful development of Perrin Sequence. And we won't get that from a quest about the Infested.

It's an infested frame, it might have absolutely nothing to do with the infested and may be about Corpus experiments.

How about not jumping to conclusions until you get all the details.

22 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

On the flip side, the Red Veil literally have infested stuff in their relay room, yet it obviously didn't cross anyone's mind at DE that they'd be fitting for their new infested frame. I don't even understand how that's possible. It's the common sense thing to do, and other people were speculating that well before yesterday's devstream. So I don't understand how DE can not understand that.

I know, I'm probably taking this a bit too seriously, but I honestly feel like they are butchering their own story by doing random stuff instead of things that make sense and that further develop their lore.

I'm already upset about what they did with New Loka (in short, they basically undermined New Loka's entire purpose for existing, one by making them obsessed with a grove more than with restoring humanity on Earth, and two by having the New Loka leader want to give up and quit everything just because she finds out the truth about the grove).

I'm one of the ones who wasn't satisfied with TWW because it failed to tell us anything more meaningful about the Grineer. Nothing about their structure, about how the Queens gained power, about why the Grineer look up to them, etc. Nothing. Instead, we got a bunch of Disney-esque villains who act more like the Wicked Witch of the West and Harley Quinn than they do TWIN Queens who were supposed to be renown warriors (according to the Kuria lore).

And I'm once again annoyed because seems like they're gonna have yet another missed lore opportunity with Perrin Sequence and the Infested.

I really wish they had a dedicated story group that was focused on charting out the lore for this game. And if they already have such a writing group, then imo they need to get some new people in there because I don't think they're doing a good job.

You're making too big of a leap in logic too early.  Just because an infested frame is involved doesn't mean the quest will be about the infested.  It was told it's about someone who's obsessed with whatever the index is.  They didn't undermine new loka.  New loka stood for and still does the restoration of earth.  the silver grove was merely a symbol for their beliefs.  Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept that having your very beliefs shaken would drastically effect you.  Either way i'm seeing complaints here and not much examples of writing of your own here.  I mean there is a reason why writers don't always take the obvious paths people here seem to draw.  Would make for a boring story.

22 hours ago, Kukukatchoo said:

The sheer fact that Perrin is getting the an infested frame leads me to believe no themes are predictable for any of the other syndicates.

+1 Nidus also would've been a decent choice for New Loka given their infested death squad, plus an infested related quest could easily be tied into their theme of a pure humanity.

The thematic disparity between Warframes and their acquisition methods has grown considerably, but Nidus takes the cake.

That's got to be the flimsiest logic i've heard.  Ancients are plant like creatures.  New loka is about nature.  that makes sense.  them praising or being remotely for a warframe (which is constantly shamed in the silver grove quest mind you) that controls something that was an artificial construct is just.  well.  I don't have the words.  The lines you are drawing don't exist.

I don't think neither you or me or anyone here can rightfully call DE out on this decision given what little we know about the quest itself.  If your idea of a good story is always taking the obvious path then I guess more power to you.  I like writing that challenges my views and makes me think.