Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good news to Ash lovers: Thank you DE

(XBOX)Oussii

When TWW hit the console o was hesitating to test the Ash BS rework because i felt disappointed.

Finally i tested today in the Vod (level 40 enemies)

Although i am a big fan of Ash and i was against the rework, but i have to admit that DE did a GOOD JOB.

You made my Ash More Stronger, THANK YOU DE.

Yes believe it or not, it became stronger, and now i can spam the BS more than before. (bad news for ASH Haters)

The secret is:

DO NOT RELY OR USE SMOKE SCREEN (waste of time)

my duration is 23%,,, less than 2 sec.

Once you start a mission press #4 BS as if you are marking an enemy (even no enemy around). Don't worry, it will not affect nor drain your energy.

Run, walk, do whatever you want, shoot with yr primary,, once you see an enemy or a bunch, make quickly a left-right swing (blindly).. you don't even have to aim

You will mark them all with a blink of an eye (even more than 18 as it use to be)

Press #4, and there you go, your BS will kill. once done, press again #4 and repeat  (press # even no enemy around and repeat)

At one point i was able to target 22 enemies without even aiming.( 18 before the rework)

Remember, just keep your # active

My current build:

\Max vitality, redirection, power, efficiency, 100% range 23% (2 sec) duration

I have trickery and grace arcane, and the prisma shade which made me most of the time invisible, and a zenurik greater lens

So once again do not consider it as a rework, but  a BUFF not a NERF :)

Regards

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

I can understand people who like the rework because they think changes/nerf to BS were needed for balance reasons, but people who think he is stronger now are really just don't know what they talking about.

None of his issues were even touched btw. We are still watching animations and can't do anything while these animation last, other players still can't attack enemies under BS effect, etc.

Once you get used to the new BS and adjust your play style with Ash, the new BS is plenty fun.

One new techniques I use often now is to activate BS while I'm bullet jumping away from enemies. One, it feels bad-A$, two, it helps to prevent that sitting duck feel when Ash returns.

Also, use a quick weapon to speed up animation. It makes a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Once you get used to the new BS and adjust your play style with Ash, the new BS is plenty fun.

One new techniques I use often now is to activate BS while I'm bullet jumping away from enemies. One, it feels bad-A$, two, it helps to prevent that sitting duck feel when Ash returns.

Also, use a quick weapon to speed up animation. It makes a difference. 

I have another trick for you:

During Survival Fissures, cast Blade Storm while not being invisible just before the relic switch pause kicks in, and enjoy the game paused during a badass execution.

#FashionAsh

14 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

I can understand people who like the rework because they think changes/nerf to BS were needed for balance reasons, but people who think he is stronger now are really just don't know what they talking about.

None of his issues were even touched btw. We are still watching animations and can't do anything while these animation last, other players still can't attack enemies under BS effect, etc.

If we never had the ol' room nuke Ash, i'd still consider him a powerful WF with this rework. 

In the simulacrum I was still talking more than half the HP from a group of lv120 eximus bombards. It took two rounds of BS to kill them all. I don't see how that's weak. It takes more skill than just nuking them (activating BS while escaping) but it's still a rather powerful move to deal with high level enemies.

I don't see how I would've killed them faster with weapons, while also staying safe from their rockets. 

Fatal Teleport is also amazingly powerful. The difference is that FT advanced you in the enemy, while BS can deal with multiple targets and return you to a safe spot. Both have their uses

27 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Sure, mad skills. 

Sounds like ultimate cheese, fighting cheese with cheese amiright...To late for me tho, with my newly acquired vectis riven, Now for me Ash is Ash. Loki is my new assassin now, with his 2, 1 and irradiated disarm its shooting fish in a barrel, one shoting upto lvl 110 heavy gunners 😎

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

If you're talking about fatal teleport ash (which you aren't), then i gotta agree. Smoke Screen is way more convenient now. But since you mean bladestorm, you are plain wrong. It looks to me like you like ash much and ignore the obvious truth and pretend it's "better" when it definitely is not. It's not better. Requires more time and effort to use, costs tons of more energy and does the same damage only when fully marked an enemy.

32 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

In the simulacrum I was still talking more than half the HP from a group of lv120 eximus bombards. It took two rounds of BS to kill them all. I don't see how that's weak.

Yeah, you probably also took half of your energy bar along with it.

32 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't see how I would've killed them faster with weapons, while also staying safe from their rockets. 

Smoke screen and either shred them apart with a modded melee or oneshot them with fatal teleport which also has infinite scaling. Both ways also cost way less energy than bladestorm.

So yeah, using bladestorm is literally gimping yourself.

Edited by IceColdHawk

34 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Requires more time and effort to use

And that's fine. DE has to stomp on the P42W. I hope the next in line is Miramulor.

, costs tons of more energy

I use only streamline and it costs just about the same energy as before the rework when I use it with invi.

and does the same damage only when fully marked an enemy.

If you are using it in a vacuum, I get to 3x Combo counter and BS oneshots pretty much anything that isn't an Ancient Healer eximus or a unit resistant to abilities.

Yeah, you probably also took half of your energy bar along with it.

Rarely. Only when I mark +20 enemies or when I don't have an invi on. Smart targeting does a lot to save energy.

Smoke screen and either shred them apart with a modded melee or oneshot them with fatal teleport which also has infinite scaling. Both ways also cost way less energy than bladestorm.

Well, that only works if you have an Orthos Prime or Galatine Prime with Primed Reach equipped, otherwise for mass crowd killing BS is better. Fatal Teleport enemies one by one is excrutiantingly slow compared to a quick Blade Storm that, again if you are a melee player and have your combo up, can do the same.

So yeah, using bladestorm is literally gimping yourself.

If you try to use it like the old "stand still behind a wall and spam" yeah, it's nerfed. If you are a combat savvy player who actually plays the game instead of sitting to spam BS is just as powerful but without the "get locked stabbing the same target for 1-2min"

1 hour ago, ograzzt said:

We could attack 18 now i can attack 22 at least

20 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

I use only streamline and it costs just about the same energy as before the rework when I use it with invi.

Rarely. Only when I mark +20 enemies or when I don't have an invi on. Smart targeting does a lot to save energy.

Please stop spreading bullcra.p, I debunked your claim in another thread and I'll do it again:

On 05/12/2016 at 9:25 AM, Dragazer said:

Old Blade storm: 100 energy for 18 targets, targets were attacked until killed

Now: 270 energy for 18 targets or 215 with smokescreen, targets can only be attacked 3 times max with each mark costing 15 or 10 energy.

Edited by Dragazer

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Target limit was never an issue, we are still stuck with invulnerable enemies, and locked animation cutscenes, along with a near double to triple increase in energy cost.

Edited by Dragazer

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

So once again do not consider it as a rework, but  a BUFF not a NERF :)

Regards

What are you smoking?

Old Blade storm: 100 energy for 18 targets, targets were attacked until killed

Now: 270 energy for 18 targets or 215 with smokescreen, targets can only be attacked 3 times max with each mark costing 15 or 10 energy.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

And that's fine. DE has to stomp on the P42W. I hope the next in line is Miramulor.

I'm not saying the old bladestorm was good as is. Cuz it wasn't.

Well, that only works if you have an Orthos Prime or Galatine Prime with Primed Reach equipped

My venka prime without p. reach says otherwise.

If you are a combat savvy player who actually plays the game instead of sitting to spam BS is just as powerful but without the "get locked stabbing the same target for 1-2min"

And because i am a combat savvy player, i prefer to just smoke screen and go on melee rampage. Does more damage, is faster, more active and also costs less energy than bladestorm.

I prefer being effective and this new bladestorm just feels too awkward and clunky to use. I've already tested it. It gives me exactly 0 benefits over just killing people with melee while invisible.

Oh boy, here we go again...

Bladestorm is now much slower to use, much more expensive in terms of energy and still has all the old problems like being locked in cinematic animation etc.

You can try to argue that it's better but it's clearly not. I'm not defending the old one, it's just that reworked Bladestorm sucks balls and you're much better off using Smokescreen with melee or Fatal Teleport.

while I don't cruise my way to top kills in a mission as easily anymore, I use BS often and its effective. I can still finish a mission getting top kills. in the simulacrum, at 100% strength, i still take out a group of high lv120 eximus bombards in two cast. that's not weak. 

There's only a small selection of weapons that kill faster than that. 

Honestly, the exaggeration of the weakness of BS is why DE can't take all knee jerk feed back seriously. 

There's definitely some issues that could be addressed, buy it must be hard to sift through the hyperbole. 

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

while I don't cruise my way to top kills in a mission as easily anymore, I use BS often and its effective. I can still finish a mission getting top kills. in the simulacrum, at 100% strength, i still take out a group of high lv120 eximus bombards in two cast. that's not weak. 

There's only a small selection of weapons that kill faster than that. 

Honestly, the exaggeration of the weakness of BS is why DE can't take all knee jerk feed back seriously. 

There's definitely some issues that could be addressed, buy it must be hard to sift through the hyperbole. 

There's, no exaggeration the numbers are there to prove it is much worse than before in power efficiency, this "rework" accomplished none of the original goals the devs had in mind:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653910748817719296

Enemies are still invulnerable and we still get locked in the exact same cut scenes and "camera popping", but now with just more clunky mechanics slapped on at the beginning with a severe energy cost nerf

They took a year for this absolute garbage, if they can't get it done right, then they should have put more work into it instead of this halfassed excuse of a rework. 

I'd rather wait longer for good quality instead of a rushed sloppy job.

Edited by Dragazer

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Are you serious? 18 enemies with over 10 attacks per target for 100 energy (unmodded efficiency) or 22 enemies with only 1 attack per target for 15x22=330 energy  (10x22+35=255 with invisibility). Add 3x energy cost for tripple mark for each target. What should I choose...

1 hour ago, Dragazer said:

There's, no exaggeration the numbers are there to prove it is much worse than before in power efficiency, this "rework" accomplished none of the original goals the devs had in mind:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653910748817719296

Enemies are still invulnerable and we still get locked in the exact same cut scenes and "camera popping", but now with just more clunky mechanics slapped on at the beginning with a severe energy cost nerf

They took a year for this absolute garbage, if they can't get it done right, then they should have put more work into it instead of this halfassed excuse of a rework. 

I'd rather wait longer for good quality instead of a rushed sloppy job.

It accomplished the part were it nerfed the p42w, so there's that. We also no longer are locked attacking the same enemy dozens of times. I rarely run dry of energy actually, because unless you are Solo, your allies will kill targets, refunding you energy. And if you are solo you probably have Rage on to grant you energy whenever you are not blade storming or invisible. DE did a fine job with Blade Storm and Smoke Screen, though Shuriken and Teleport are still not worth casting without their augments, and Rising Storm is pretty sh*tty.

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

I'm not saying the old bladestorm was good as is. Cuz it wasn't.

My venka prime without p. reach says otherwise.

And because i am a combat savvy player, i prefer to just smoke screen and go on melee rampage. Does more damage, is faster, more active and also costs less energy than bladestorm.

I prefer being effective and this new bladestorm just feels too awkward and clunky to use. I've already tested it. It gives me exactly 0 benefits over just killing people with melee while invisible.

I would say it has its uses but it is a lot more situational than it used to be. It would be a lot better if Blade Storm marking didn't turn off every time you actually used it. As is I run a high duration build and find myself using Blade Storm, Fatal Teleport and Smoke Screen depending on the situation.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

you can target 22 with the new blade storm? with each of them 3 hits?

22 x 10 x 3 = 660?

or you put fleeting and streamline with no blind rage

165 ?

put up your built pls ?

while at it, record yourself in youtube.

10 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

It accomplished the part were it nerfed the p42w, so there's that. We also no longer are locked attacking the same enemy dozens of times. I rarely run dry of energy actually, because unless you are Solo, your allies will kill targets, refunding you energy. And if you are solo you probably have Rage on to grant you energy whenever you are not blade storming or invisible. DE did a fine job with Blade Storm and Smoke Screen, though Shuriken and Teleport are still not worth casting without their augments, and Rising Storm is pretty sh*tty.

"your allies will kill targets, refunding you energy.  " thats why why bother having it, might as well change it