Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you say Frost is a Support frame ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

When three out of his four frame skills are damage skills?

No, Frost is not a support frame, even though he has arguably the best level 100+ support skill in the game.

Actually, his Freeze is better for CC than damage, his Ice Wave is better CC than damage, and Avalanche is better for CC than damage.

So yeah, he is, for the most part, a support frame.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

And how often are you using those abilities against level 100+ enemies?

All the time? Avalanche and Ice Wave are excellent crowd-stoppers.

Admittedly, Freeze isn't as well-used, but at the same time, it is handy for quickly freezing single targets.

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

And how often are you using those abilities against level 100+ enemies?

With Ice Wave Impedance.... ALL the time I can when I'm not killing stuff moving at a snail's pace in front of me, or when I'm not casting a new Snow Globe.

Being able to act like a Slow Nova with Frost is very useful. Love that augment.

Definitely  a CC\Support frame, his abilities revolve around Slowing\Freezing enemies, or just protecting allies with his bubble.

Frost with his wave augment and a Duration\Range build has to be one of my favorite setups to play around with.

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Plus the armor strip from avalanche isn't really noticeable, so CC all the way. Plus you can make a giant snow globe.

To be fair, you can actually fully strip armour with it, with max Strength. I've never tried it before, and it would be an expensive build, but quite useful at high levels.

23 hours ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Plus the armor strip from avalanche isn't really noticeable, so CC all the way. Plus you can make a giant snow globe.

Quite noticeable on my Frost when I am facing Lv100 and higher enemies. 

Hm, this discussion is making me want to dust off my Frost. Starting to miss the guy. Got too into using Valkyr Prime (Valkyr regular has well over 40% of my usage since I started Warframe three years ago), Chroma, and Saryn Prime. Now that Frost isn't some requirement to run endless missions anymore. Well, not like he used to be anyways. I can get rid of my old aversion of using him because people whined he is required.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

23 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

To be fair, you can actually fully strip armour with it, with max Strength. I've never tried it before, and it would be an expensive build, but quite useful at high levels.

Honestly even with moderate power strength, like Transient Fortitude only, the strength combined with at least one corrosive projection makes a noticeable impact on armor.

I'd say that, yeah Frost is a pretty great defensive support frame, contrast to say, Volt, who is an offensive support frame.

I've kinda been settling into a trio of frames that I rely on for everything now, Frost, Excal, and Volt. Excal just for solo/quest/durability/kuva flood. Frost for defensive and camping team support. Volt for offensive high speed team support.