The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur and maybe upcoming melee riven mods

(PSN)Faustx19

I heard damage 2.0 will remove all dmg mods like hornet strike or pressure point.New mods and combinatins will come.Now riven mods , very powerfull.If melee riven mods will come its for sure they are for specific weapons so i am sure they will have no impact on Excaliburs exalted blade.So im not sure but i guess this can push him back pretty far.I fear if melee gets riven mods and they are similar powerful as rifle rivens then excalibur can not keep up with riven melee weapons and use excalibur melee without exalted blade makes no sense at all.Every frame will become a better choice for that.I hope de has that on radar and do some intelligent stuff to prevent excalibur from that fate.

This letter now i hope steve from de will read.The talk about changes,the use of the word boring, that is not cause it is boring or need changes .Warframe for 3 years on ps4,much longer on pc, a game that survive such a long time . The best games ever gets boring after playing for years.The fact warframe survive such a time shows its not boring and changes are coming all the time.Im a tiberon,braton,brakk,detron,daikyu and other uncommon in use weapons.I do not care what others use and i do not want to get punished for that by nerf or remove some of my mods.If so the no more oneshot a boss change i do not want to let my guns i use suffer , most weapons i use do not oneshot everything above lv 15. I need to aim for the head , work to get the tarkets down fast,and i have all rare,primed,corruptet mods on max.Lv 40 exismus needs a complete mag to kill, so reaload after most kills in a horde based game. Im fine with how it is. New stuff is allways welcome but change the work well stuff is not necessary .People will always say boring or need changes here and there even its a fine system cause its a human nature to get bored of anything after a certain time.The fact warframe still live and grow shows its everything but not boring . Im mr 22,over 3000 hours warframe,passioned ash and excalibur player from the first minute.Especially excalibur, so many changes,nerfs.I used about 15 formas for him.Every change and nerf i tryed to get him where i had him.New primed melee makes it possible for damage not to suffer to much,his defence does.I need to move,aim, react quick to achieve something ,offence is the best defence is my motto for excalibur . I just do not want to formatize all my weapons and frames .What i am trying to say i put realy much time to get what i have,changed many times and far from overpowered oneshot.I love it how it is. My main focus is allways to deal constand dmg, to increase some stats with hits or kills is a no go to me.I will never mod in a way like that.I hope you get the point,many do mod in such ways.There is already a wide pattern of how players mod.I have the choise how my weapon works,if faster,increasing stats for doing whatever,more power,for specific enemytypes or many other possibilitys to mod,the last thing warframe needs is a nerf or removal of mods.My English is not that great , i hope readers can understand what i try to say. No comments necessary , nothing i want to discuss,just write my feelings and hope someone at de will read and understand me.

41 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

They really just need to make exalted abilities separately modable.  

Yeah this would be really nice. Right now the hole thing is kind of weird. Some mods work and others dont. 

It would be fine, but some exalted abilities are much better than the others. Excals ult is still powerful while Wukongs ult is a good way to do less damage and spend energy than just using a good melee.

I see that different .Excalibur got nerfd cause in a group with rhino , volt,nova , valkyr or other support frames increasing excaliburs power,atk speed or weaken enemys he can be a killing machine.Or a group of 4 steel charge auras.But all of this is rare,all of this need players ready to support ,also rare.Everyone is just out for  most dmg.Also excalibur as he is now makes him not the best choice for solo missions.He suffered for powerful in a good group.He now is a midgame usefull one,absolutely useless for harder stuff.Think of it , exalted blade slide attack energy cost.Look on every melee weapon and see that slide attack are allways much more powerful . Valkyrs slide attack is on a dmg level excaliburs is just a joke compared to valkyrs.Non of em has energy cost for slide attacks . And still excalibur is so weak in defence . That is unbalanced in my eyes.I love him,i play him,but definitely not on higher or endgame. Also this feeling,slide attack in reflex and think oh shi.. Does not feel good. 

10 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I challenge you to play with Excalibur without corrupted mods and without using Exalted Blade at all, and using melee weapons he is attuned to (Nikanas, Swords, Dual Swords, Rapier) and then come back here and tell me if you feel he is less Fun without it.

I've just came back. It was incredibly boring.

Edited by Epsik-kun

5 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Okay, point taken. Still. I think EB should be a "f*ck it" super mode, not the de facto weapon of choice. Different opinion.

Nah, I'm not saying it's not a viable idea theoretically. However for it to work, EBlade must have far higher power level than it has now. Because as of now, Exalted Blade is inferior to the regular melee anyway, assuming you mod both correctly.

Provided they did remove damage mods, they'd almost certainly also rebalance frame abilities to reflect that change. Not straight away obviously, but after a while most likely. In regards to Riven mods, who knows, they might affect frame powers despite not being compatible with the actual ability weapon.
If they do, it'd be very powerful, but I'd be all for it as it brings new builds to the game. Balance is overrated and not particularly fun anyway, and there's no end-game competition for the balance to screw up.

19 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

I've just came back. It was incredibly boring.

Not the same point of view here. If find Exalted Blade ultra boring, but I like to play Excalibur without it, or using it rarely in the game.

I don't like repetitive gameplay, and EB is basically a Fluctus sword, makes no real sense to me

On 12/16/2016 at 6:35 PM, DrBorris said:

They really just need to make exalted abilities separately modable.  

and while they are add it make primaries (Artemis Bow) and secondaries (Peacemakers) modded separately as well. 

Edited by -Voltage-