The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best DPS Frame

-CG-CuteGrill

Yo guys, so i've been playing this game for around 150 hours, just hit MR7 earlier today.

So as the title say, what is the best dps frame right now? I'm open to any suggestion, since i only have ember prime and nova prime as my goto frame.

Any suggestion is appreciated and please tell me the reason why is that frame good at dishing damage.

Ash is a good mix between assault and stealth. His Smoke Screen and Teleport make him evasive, while his Blade Storm and Shuriken tear through his foes. 

Rhino is a good mix of tank and offense. With his Iron Skin, it's pretty hard to die, while his Roar buffs and his Charge and Stomp do good crowd control.

That's all I'm sure of.

3 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Whatever frame you like to play. All of them can be DPS in one way or another.

This is the best answer you can get ... but for me, best DPS frames are (just because i like to play them):

- Chroma

- Ember Prime

- Equinox

- Excalibur

- Frost Prime

- Inaros

- Loki Prime

- Nekros Prime

- Nova Prime

- Valkyr Prime

Combine them with favorite weapons and you can be DPS even on Oberon :)

2 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

It's incredible that you ask for best DPS and people can put " Whatever frame you like to play " ... or "Rhino" ....

Why? Its the truth. 99% of Frames can output damage. It depends on his playstyle and preferences in skillsets. Not everybody likes every frame and their abilities. I, for one, think Zephyr is useless, while others thing he is awesome. Same applies here.

Mirage + any good weapon

Saryn (prime :D) + gas status and vile acceleration ignis. You clear not just your room, but every room with an enemy in power range of it. You can set off a good spore chain and literally see a ring of numbers fill the screen as enemies from spawns 40m away all die. 

Banshee. No one else can come even close to the amounts of damage she can dish out. The vast majority of it is lost against low levels, however, so during the regular content (including Sortie 3) anything that can move around fast enough and use either Atterax or Orthos will be the best option.

21 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Why? Its the truth. 99% of Frames can output damage. It depends on his playstyle and preferences in skillsets. Not everybody likes every frame and their abilities. I, for one, think Zephyr is useless, while others thing he is awesome. Same applies here.

Still is not every frame meant to do much dps or can take Nyx you simply can´t play her as dps frame.

So as the title say, what is the best dps frame right now? I'm open to any suggestion, since i only have ember prime and nova prime as my goto frame.

DPS = Damage per Second ....

DD = Damage Dealer

I don't know when this started ... but DPS is just a way of Damage measurement! Best thing is, all those searching in recruitment "H blabla Need DPS" -.-
Call me a $&*#^% but I just can't stand this xD

MAG, just, Mag...

They disliked the fact she was a nuke "one trick pony" (because ppl didnt know how to play her outside of this, so she got a nerf rework out of player's ignorance). Now they made her a nuke that really is a one trick pony. But they made her even more powerful, with some limitations. Basically specialization. If you want DPS but agree to spend more seconds for more damage, then bullet attractor Mag is the way. PM me if you can't mod her, or check my build post if you can find it.

If you want a frame that is good at dps you should probably get Excalibur. He is very tanky, his Exalted Blade is really strong ability and also he has some utility.

If you want to have fun with weapons get Rhino, start with build oriented around Iron Skin.

All frames are awesome. My favourite are Rhino, Excalibur, Saryn, Trinity, Loki, Mag, Nyx.

24 minutes ago, ctclonny said:

Banshee, it's not even arguable.

There is nothing which can deal more damage than Banshee.

This thread can be closed.

Ps: only considering damage, both constant and instant.

For sure Banshee has insane DPS capabilities (like 6000-7000 per second with a medium build) when coupled with a rhino and an equinox. But don't tell him crap, it is nothing close to instant.

First, it requires 20 seconds to ramp up to this, and the first 10 seconds you're dealing crap to meh damage.

It also requires your rhino and equinox buddies to stay close to you (esp rhino) for when you'll start the skill.

Also, note that, with this setup, any press 4 to nuke frame will deal more damage (excepted mag whose skill takes ages to tick 3 times).

The dmg shown up there is based on bare flesh, and 4CP is a setup that is hard to get when you're not preparing it with your clan/alliance, so highly unprobable in pub, in that case, damage type will matter more (banshee's dmg is impact).

So yeah, not instant, and if you just want to kill everything with the press of a key (without using your gun) then oberon may kill stuff faster...

Because yeah, sound quake cannot be buffed by elemental skill buffs, but some nukes can.

8 minutes ago, Lindsrhyl said:

For sure Banshee has insane DPS capabilities (like 6000-7000 per second with a medium build) when coupled with a rhino and an equinox. But don't tell him crap, it is nothing close to instant.

First, it requires 20 seconds to ramp up to this, and the first 10 seconds you're dealing crap to meh damage.

It also requires your rhino and equinox buddies to stay close to you (esp rhino) for when you'll start the skill.

Also, note that, with this setup, any press 4 to nuke frame will deal more damage (excepted mag whose skill takes ages to tick 3 times).

The dmg shown up there is based on bare flesh, and 4CP is a setup that is hard to get when you're not preparing it with your clan/alliance, so highly unprobable in pub, in that case, damage type will matter more (banshee's dmg is impact).

So yeah, not instant, and if you just want to kill everything with the press of a key (without using your gun) then oberon may kill stuff faster...

Because yeah, sound quake cannot be buffed by elemental skill buffs, but some nukes can.

You know there is a skill called Sonar?