The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best DPS Frame

-CG-CuteGrill

banshee can achieve some of the highest damage possible, but that's just DPS wise... i mean damage per second has little meaning in warframe.
If we look at the highest number possible of kills in little time there are alot of frames that can pull out very interesting number.
For myself i love simple things like going invisible with some melee like orthos prime and wipe all starmap content just hitting E once or twice per room.
But seriously almost any frame thats not focused on utility only can do really nice damage/kills if built for that

2 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

- Inaros

- Loki Prime

- Nekros Prime

This 3 frames have literally 0 ability that deals damage or increases weapon damage output.

on the original topic:

The top damage frames are Banshee (sonar stacking) and Mesa (obviously), the best part is, that you can use both for even better results.

There are a lot of really good other options though: Equinox, Ash (still good, but needs a crapton of energy) Saryn (also needs lots of energy), Atlas (you migh want to use a macro for spamming the first power), Excalibro

Also, you can use any frame that has a weapon damage buff, most notably Mirage, but Chroma and Rhino are also good.

To be honest, depending on enemy level any frame that has an AoE ult can work, and that list is long (even Limbo is a decent nuker with cataclysm)

Most things in this game are situation and depends a lot in factors other than just the warframe.

The combos between Warframes and weapons, change alot depending on the type of mission you run. So I dont agree, that there is a TOP dps frame. The way you approach each mission type, and the armament you use, will dictate your Damage overall. 

Banshee, Saryn, Mesa, Atlas.

Limbo can deal something like 8 times damage too to enemies in the rift, but people forget him..

Technically Equinox can deal an infinite amount of DPS in burst damage too, so paired with one of the above frames you will match their damage potential by storing up all theirs and releasing it. In fact - Banshee could hit a million in single target damage and a nearby equinox could take that and unleash a million damage to EVERYTHING nearby.

Saryns spores work a similar way, I love hitting a spore on a far away group with my gas damage Lanka and watch everything melt.

Unless you are playing endless missions, many many frames are viable for DD at levels 100 - 180, which is usually the furthest I tend to go. After a certain point you become more reliant on cheese than raw damage, and eventually only covert lethality builds can kill reliably, though Mesa and Banshee can still take you very far.

9 hours ago, ctclonny said:

You know there is a skill called Sonar?

No, actually i'm more of a sonic boom player, i dont really care about other skills...

On the other hand, he asked for a dps frame, not for a good debuffer frame (and before you say something stupid, banshee does not buff the team, but place a weak point on the target, which is a debuff).

So... good thing you tried, maybe you'll have more luck next time?

Someone else talked about sonar, going even further to stack it... srsly? So for you, be a damage dealer (coming from high dps) is camping on one spot pressing one key forever?

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 2:49 PM, Lindsrhyl said:

No, actually i'm more of a sonic boom player, i dont really care about other skills...

On the other hand, he asked for a dps frame, not for a good debuffer frame (and before you say something stupid, banshee does not buff the team, but place a weak point on the target, which is a debuff).

Someone else talked about sonar, going even further to stack it... srsly? So for you, be a damage dealer (coming from high dps) is camping on one spot pressing one key forever?

No. It's called 'tap sonar twice, then shoot one of the spots'. With the sonar augment that makes every sonar influenced enemy pulse another sonar when they die, you can turn a room full of enemies into stacked sonar spots in a few seconds. If you're accurate, it only takes 1-2. If not, tap it 5-6 times and you almost can't miss a spot. Since the skill takes less than a second to cast, you don't have to sit still all that long.

That isn't even counting the fact that more than one 'weak point' can actually be on the same spot, multiplying the damage even higher. I've done headshots with the vectis prime that did over 10 million damage thanks to multiple sonar spots on their head. Banshee's pure damage per shot is nuts. You can find pictures of banshees doing 1 billion. How's that for damage?

So, short answer... Aim well and slaughter. Aim not so well, then you have to sit still a few seconds longer. Actually, I'm pretty sure sonic boom takes longer to cast than sonar, doesn't it? I can't remember for certain, considering I don't think I've used it once since after the first day I finished crafting my banshee.

On ‎16‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 5:20 PM, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Banshee, Saryn, Mesa, Atlas.

Limbo can deal something like 8 times damage too to enemies in the rift, but people forget him..

Technically Equinox can deal an infinite amount of DPS in burst damage too, so paired with one of the above frames you will match their damage potential by storing up all theirs and releasing it. In fact - Banshee could hit a million in single target damage and a nearby equinox could take that and unleash a million damage to EVERYTHING nearby.

Saryns spores work a similar way, I love hitting a spore on a far away group with my gas damage Lanka and watch everything melt.

Unless you are playing endless missions, many many frames are viable for DD at levels 100 - 180, which is usually the furthest I tend to go. After a certain point you become more reliant on cheese than raw damage, and eventually only covert lethality builds can kill reliably, though Mesa and Banshee can still take you very far.

isnt equinox shares the damage stored with maim between all of the possible targets? iirc mend heal is shared between all healable targets, wont be doing all that 1 million heal on everybody.

On ‎17‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 1:49 AM, Lindsrhyl said:

by that logic saryn cant deal damage either cus shes a "debuffer" frame. spreading spores and popping them with some aiming or meleeing them with toxic lash on wont make her a damage frame then. since, you know, banshee can actually use those spots herself too. she doesnt even need to stack them.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:45 AM, Yagamilight123 said:

It's incredible that you ask for best DPS and people can put " Whatever frame you like to play " ... or "Rhino" ....

On topic : Mesa , Saryn , Banshee , Mirage depend of the situation ("movil" dps or static one ) .

Well there are two answers to the question "DPS."  There's the affinity farm DPS set up where everyone stands in one spot spamming abiliies while rarely moving to pick up stuff, in which case "DPS" is frames like Saryn, Banshee, Dayquinox, Excalibur, Rhino, Mag, one or two others depending on comp.

And then there is just regular gameplay (IE: The rest of the game), in which case it's a few frames abilities or just any frame piloted by someone with two braincells to rub together and good weapons with maxed out mods correctly modded.

Edited by Gelkor

7 hours ago, Gelkor said:

Well there are two answers to the question "DPS."  There's the affinity farm DPS set up where everyone stands in one spot spamming abiliies while rarely moving to pick up stuff, in which case "DPS" is frames like Saryn, Banshee, Dayquinox, Excalibur, Rhino, Mag, one or two others depending on comp.

And then there is just regular gameplay (IE: The rest of the game), in which case it's a few frames abilities or just any frame piloted by someone with two braincells to rub together and good weapons with maxed out mods correctly modded.

No ... just one dps ... damage per second ... not rocket science , you can have all the braincells (for your argument i not so sure) that you want but you will be outdamage if you use a non optimal frame/weapon  ....

On 16/12/2016 at 10:13 PM, ThunderZsolt said:

This 3 frames have literally 0 ability that deals damage or increases weapon damage output.

on the original topic:

The top damage frames are Banshee (sonar stacking) and Mesa (obviously), the best part is, that you can use both for even better results.

There are a lot of really good other options though: Equinox, Ash (still good, but needs a crapton of energy) Saryn (also needs lots of energy), Atlas (you migh want to use a macro for spamming the first power), Excalibro

Also, you can use any frame that has a weapon damage buff, most notably Mirage, but Chroma and Rhino are also good.

To be honest, depending on enemy level any frame that has an AoE ult can work, and that list is long (even Limbo is a decent nuker with cataclysm)

Nekros has the ability to sustain channel 24/7
although not directly skill damage DPS by improving a weapon is good
channeling is fun to play.

nekros + greatsword + tempo royale = mobile meat grinder

5 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

nekros + greatsword + tempo royale = mobile meat grinder

Nah, I prefer the atterax over the galatine - and I don't even need channeling, so any frame would do. I use Nekros in the next vid, but don't channel (used to think that you can not desecrate disappeared corpses)

Spoiler

TBH melee is broken even without naramon, but has limited range, and DPS frames are mostly used to clear lots of enemies quickly, so I didn't include them in my list.

Also, naramon + Banshee (melee weapons can hit weakspots) is the absolute most brutal combo solo, not counting sleep equinox/ivara + a CL dagger against lvl9999 enemies of course

6 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

No ... just one dps ... damage per second ... not rocket science , you can have all the braincells (for your argument i not so sure) that you want but you will be outdamage if you use a non optimal frame/weapon  ....

What I'm saying is, usually when someone asks for "dps" in recruiting what they really mean is an AoE nuke frame that can cover 2-3 nodes in Bere. 

Warframe isn't a traditional MMO where you stand in one place "dpsing" a meat sponge boss for 10 minutes. So the term is always incredibly moot in this game. Now, TTK is an important factor, burst damage is an important factor, but raw damage per second becomes pointless in a game where reloading, cover, dodging, and mapwide CC is a thing.

That's why I say there are a few answers because the community uses the term DPS when it traditionally doesn't apply, instead using it when they want a dedicated nuker, or when they are comparing viability of a weapon's time to kill on priority targets like Corrupted Bombards.

15 hours ago, NPC said:

ARISE 

fz9m4m.gif

Likely someone Google's this questions and got here .

To me I think this these very effectively shows how well designed warframe is.   There is no perfect answer to this question,  lots of frames can do tremendous amounts of dmg in different interesting ways and finding out the best of the best is difficult to find consensus on.

For me single target dps on something I want dead ASAP banshee and Tigris prime pretty much makes it instantly dead even at extreme lvls.

Sustained dps very high power str valk and volt naramon blood rush body count etc eternal war makes valk more sustainable long term probly.

As others said peacemaker build mesa will put out tremendous dps too,  I can wipe out entire maps on Def/interceptionwith my Mag.

Speed running a low lvl mission most say ember,  which is good but speed build volt with a max melee range weapon can beat most embers but is more work...

So many good combos... Team dps valk volt Excalibur... Super speed his exualted blade with warcry and speed...  Maybe add a banshee for billions of dps.

Lol at all these bads saying there are best dps frames to the degree others arent capable of being destructive machines.

It IS all about who you are good with and what weaps and mods youre using. 

For example, Mesa is top 5 fav frame for me. But i cant keep her alive on higher level missions; especially when soloing. Others can and are damage machines with her. Alternatively, i am excellent with ash or val and dont need their powers to be great with them. They just work for me. 

You cant dps if youre dead or running from enemies. Play who you do well with.