Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Nidus Feedback

[DE]Taylor

7 minutes ago, Bludsuager said:

He's decent :) Just his 1 is way too powerful >.> 45k damage too all in a line. Add his 2 and then spam 1 and it's gg >.<

Dont want him nerfed but damn that 1 is a little OP atm. Its gonna need some tweeking :)

his massive damage comes from having large amounts of stacks which is the entire point of the frame. At higher levels his Adaption points are not going to be solely used to boost his 1 but to use his passive to keep him alive. Dropping into a mission is 1 is pitiful but that's the trade off off it growing to be so strong.

Just now, Buzkyl said:

his massive damage comes from having large amounts of stacks which is the entire point of the frame. At higher levels his Adaption points are not going to be solely used to boost his 1 but to use his passive to keep him alive. Dropping into a mission is 1 is pitiful but that's the trade off off it growing to be so strong.

I suppose that is one way too look at it :) Maybe we'll finally have a frame that can deal decent damage in the lv100 + missions :) though as you say he gonna need to be built up

18 minutes ago, Bludsuager said:

He's decent :) Just his 1 is way too powerful >.> 45k damage too all in a line. Add his 2 and then spam 1 and it's gg >.<

Dont want him nerfed but damn that 1 is a little OP atm. Its gonna need some tweeking :)

i'd like the damage / multiplying of the damage on his 1 to be nerfed, but the "stack" cap to be removed, that way he's still end game viable, but not totally op

I agree that his 1 is SUPER strong, but that's only after you have like 50 stacks or so. Otherwise I haven't noticed that it's been that OP, though yeah, use his 2 then spam 1 seems to be the main go-to for it. Though I'm a bit saddened that the tentacles don't, A) grab enemies that come close for it's duration, possibly like he has a big range when first cast then it shrinks to a smaller range, or B) Can be recast when one is up. Since it'd be a really good CC.

The only real complaint I have is that some of the art assets don't change colours with your frame. XD Maggots are always his default colours, and same with the tentacles. So once that gets fixed/changed I'll be super happy.

Possible bug: Nidus' first ability does not hit infested pods from Boilers. Don't know if it's intentional, however I doubt it.

It *does* work on the Broodmother leeches however, in terms of refunding and building his meter.

In regards to the meter, it's exactly what I and many others predicted; Unless you're doing a mission with waves, you won't get to use his ultimate throughout the entire map. My suggestion would be to cut the requirement to cast it and cut the recharge you get from using it.

He is epic!!!! I only played with him for a couple minutes and he was awesome!!!

I love him he is refreshing to the game play and requires a bit of skill in setting things up.

When i get to effectively play as him i assume i will have loads of fun. 

I do not regret my purchase at all! Thumbs up to you DE

:laugh::satisfied::thumbup::inlove::laugh::wink::clap::lotus::community:

Personally my biggest issue with Nidus is his Stacking Mechanic, in that I feel there should be more ways to earn stacks. 

Being limited to earning stacks with your 1 and 4 is a bit meh in my opinion, with the time it takes in normal missions (basically not endless mosh pit mob missions) is a bit too long to really get and take advantage of the further mechanics behind him, or even reach his Mutated State. 

I think if there were a third option to earning Stacks he'd be a bit better off with his mechanics. 

Other than that I find the frame is fairly solid, though I do think it'd be nice if Nidus had a way to spawn additional Maggots at his current location as well as opposed to only on the Infested Grounds of his ultimate for when he has to move on.

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Personally my biggest issue with Nidus is his Stacking Mechanic, in that I feel there should be more ways to earn stacks. 

Being limited to earning stacks with your 1 and 4 is a bit meh in my opinion, with the time it takes in normal missions (basically not endless mosh pit mob missions) is a bit too long to really get and take advantage of the further mechanics behind him, or even reach his Mutated State. 

I think if there were a third option to earning Stacks he'd be a bit better off with his mechanics. 

Other than that I find the frame is fairly solid, though I do think it'd be nice if Nidus had a way to spawn additional Maggots at his current location as well as opposed to only on the Infested Grounds of his ultimate for when he has to move on.

I agree. he should have anothr option to build his Mutation Gauge. 

Then he would probably be perfect 

15 minutes ago, Ro-Phoenix12 said:

I agree. he should have anothr option to build his Mutation Gauge. 

Then he would probably be perfect 

Just a idea...  How about enemies killed via gun or w/e by Nidus or team generates 1/2 (or 1/4) as much as Nidus's #1 would Generate if it had killed them?

Issues:

1. While it seems that Nidus is perfectly aligned to tackle long defense runs, his 1st ability is only good on regular mobs, once enemies start having armor towards the lv 60-70 range, Nidus Q starts to deal 1/10 damage. You'll have to bring out some other tools/guns to bring those hardy folks down.

2. Nidus 2nd ability doesn't play well with other ragdolling abilities and frames, including vauban, valkyr, inaros, and other niduses. Somehow its "Suction Power" loses out to other abilities and they will have priority over yours.

3. In a pubby game, its hard to ramp up stacks due to pt.2 above. Additionally anyone with an aoe weapon like simulor will take all the fun out of nidus.

Farming his parts is such a pain. So far, everything just leaves on the first round or the machines get destroyed. I only managed to finish one game of 3-4 rotations, all we got were 80 endo. So, I made 0% progress on collecting his parts the past 4 hours.

Cmon DE, I just wanna open the door ;(

I think the frame flows very well.   I've been putting him through the ringer all morning on infested maps and have enjoyed myself the whole way.   His '2' feels a touch clunky.  I can't tell if it's because of me not aiming well enough or just some bugs.  It tends to go in walks or under the ground from time to time.   

Edited by jfhsanseiIII

Possible bug: his 1st ability doesn't always start. I have to spam it for like 10 seconds for it to land or move back and forth till it launch.

Other than that, The frame is just epic, I mean, he's fun to play, his abilities are nice, I'm just disappointed that his second skill doesn't continue to grab enemies as long as the duration is not over. Because when someone else CC , like vauban, valkyr etc.  the second skill is purely useless, the other CC have priority over Nidus's one. 

He reward players that use his synergy, not hard to master, he's epic. the Hero that infestation deserve !

The size of his 4th ability should also scale with range, even if it doesn't spawn more infested kamikazes, it's more rewarding to see the area expand from  the range you added in his loadout.

Great frame DE, the community is proud of you !

Edited by Cyberhazard

55 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

- damage with stacks is super high on 1 and 4

4 is the weakest part of his kit.

- CC unreliable: limited by # of maggots and their respective movespeeds, damage takes too long/inconsistent amout of time to trigger.

Wouldn't mind if it mixed as atlas did

Increase speed based on power strength

1 hour ago, Phyrak said:

Wouldn't mind if it mixed as atlas did

Increase speed based on power strength

I don't find the CC to be all that bad.   I've been using it on high level Star chart stuff with mid/low tier weapons and find it working well enough for me to get things done.  I think it also depends a lot on how you use the other abilities as well though.  

Its ,hands down,my favourite warframe so far!

...First and foremost,it opened the door....and left me with lots of questions...and concerns....Ordis,torch the room

...Both visual and ability-wise this frame is my bae! It has that prototype vibe to it...and the small things are epic-the unique  look aside,the fact that its literaly one of a kind is epic-and that's just barely scraching the surface-the ultimate ability spawns not only ...oddly beautifull infested flora,but it also generates tentacles that stick on walls...its amazing...and the stack mechanic is....lovely....hands down,this is now my favourite frame...ever....and i doubted i will ever like anything infested related....Nice job DE...nice job....

...however,this door....what was beyond....it...confuses me....scares me...yet,why does it feel soo....oddly natural..(is it related to the upcoming syndicate save and assassinate shadow of mordor-ish system?...hmm)

...and,MAJOR SPOILER FOR WAR WITHIN,the Operators actually are refered to as void demons by this....hellspawn....i wonder,what do you have in store for us...you've done it already,now go ahead and do it again-blow our minds....!

Kisses,hugs and coffee mugs

it wants to be FED

and i want to FEED it.

my first thought was maybe unused stacks at the end of a match had a hidden counter that feeds that thing.

then i thought maybe forma fed it each time i forma nidus

also, there are fish under your feet in that room.

also there is a sleeper pod in the back ,,,

LET ME FEED MY ROOM!