Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE WTF | I'M REALLY MAD AT THE GLAST GAMBIT

MrM1

It was only boring due to the fact that players have already tried and played the Index Preview so they "feel" that this content is already old and boring, knowing what to do and such. Can't blame them honestly - still, the story behind the Glast Gambit and Mycona Colony is good, just felt like it was a lackluster between the relation of the Mycona and Nidus itself aren't really explained that well.

Edited by Harowing

1 hour ago, MrM1 said:

The Glast Gambit is all fun and games until you get this mission 'Win with max 10 points ahead'.

DE: ''Hey, that's a pretty nice idea, right? Let the player pay 160k credits and if they fail, they'll lose all of it. Shouldn't be a big deal, huh?''

Oh, you want to know what I mean? Why I am mad? Ok, listen up: It sounds quite easy. If you get the 10 points and the enemy has 0 for some reason, you don't expect anything bad. But suddenly some random enemy invests 11 or even 20 points at the very last moment. Because you have to be ahead only up to 10 points, it is quite difficult to keep the balance. And if you got 20 points for those cases, you'll realize that it is either too less or too much, so you lose. After losing 3 times (=480k credits lost) I decided to get another strategy: Let the enemies invest in small parts and invest just by 1-2 points ahead each time. Sounds great, but in practice it is also a terrible idea. I couldn't handle that. ''Try  coop, maybe it'll work'' was my worst decision ever. ''Why?'' you ask? -Trollers. Those people who invest about 30 or more points to let you lose. ''Maybe that player didn't understand your objective, mistakes happen'' yeah tell that to the people who do that 4 times in a row, maybe even more since I just quit after those 4 times.

This mission is impossible in solo, and in coop, it is also just terrible because of the trollers.

''You're just salty, take some time and get better strategies'' Huh, yeah. I lost about 2 million credits on this.

DE, this is by far your WORST mission I've ever played. It's a shame because the idea is good but it was brought to the game like you don't even care about people like me (unlucky af).

PS: I still didn't complete the mission.

I found taht by bankiing 9 points and then camping the enemy spawn was a good way to win.. i had absolutely no trouble after that point of realisation

I enjoyed this quest a whole lot more than I expected to, to be honest. The framing story was interesting (because it added significant dimension to Perrin, the Corpus, and the people of the Origin System) and amusing (defend the mushroom people, for they shall hook you up with the good stuff). The Index was worked into the story in a more plausible way than I expected, as well.

My only complaint was that it got tedious. There's no reason to each quest stage to have three rounds. Cut it to one, and it'll be fine.

First mission = excellent. Seeing the colony and defending the doors, everything was really really great.
Then 5 rounds of the same mission over and over and over again...? Who thought it would be fun?

The story and everything was really good, but making people play the same thing 5 or 6 times was a bad choice.

4 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

when you lose yeah, seems a bit insane to "lose" when you actually won tho.

They lost because they scared off the mark-- it's a skill test, it requires precision. The gamble comes in because there's risk involved. The risk is, if you're not precise enough, you lose everything, even if you were good at the other parts. 

30 minutes ago, shadrad said:

It's almost like.. gambling has inherent risks...

I'll accept losing money when I lose the match but I won't accept losing it when the host DC's and DE's awful matchmaking system kicks the rest of us back to our ships and takes the money still. 

40 minutes ago, CaptainEras said:

As a long term player I came to the conclusion that I needed to drop the dross and customise the game just to my liking.

I know that just about all games come with their own degree of frustration but there are ways to lessen this if you stop and just see what actually interests you the most and dump the rest from your gameplay.

That's what I do.

There are a few things in Warframe I love and those are the only things I do. I missed out on the even because I hate Conclave, I don't like Archwing (due to motion sickness) so I can never farm for Atlas, grinding excavations bores me so Limbo is out and now this new frame is locked behind tedium.

I don't mind missing out on things if it stops me getting frustrated. I know if I try and do something I don't enjoy i'll end up leaving again.

I do wish DE had put some actual thought and effort into the Christmas even considering it's the biggest holiday of the year and I wish they would stop locking frames behind dull grinding missions but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, shadrad said:

They lost because they scared off the mark-- it's a skill test, it requires precision. The gamble comes in because there's risk involved. The risk is, if you're not precise enough, you lose everything, even if you were good at the other parts. 

BlankStare+forrest+gump.jpg

I did the whole thing with 1 attempt.
How is it difficult at all ?

1. Use slova
2. Use zenurik
3. Hog energy spawn.
4. Press 4. Then shoot enemies.
5. Press 5 when focus is ready
6. Repeat 4.

Enemies are so slow that they will never make it to cap.
I even sit back and watch my Helios scanning them before I kill them.
Then I end the game at my choosing.

Edited by fatpig84

Best solution to keep your lead once you have it and you don't want the enemy team to score? Guard your bank/goal. Third to last mission, the one with a special condition, I just scored 5 points then defended the goal for 2 minutes.

But yeah, there was like 2 Index matches too many to my taste as by the last one, I just wanted to be done with it.

49 minutes ago, shadrad said:

When gambling and the odds are bad, you don't get to not only tale back what you've already bet but also what the other guy bet. You just don't bet anymore and accept the losses.

3 hours ago, MrM1 said:

The Glast Gambit is all fun and games until you get this mission 'Win with max 10 points ahead'.

DE: ''Hey, that's a pretty nice idea, right? Let the player pay 160k credits and if they fail, they'll lose all of it. Shouldn't be a big deal, huh?''

Oh, you want to know what I mean? Why I am mad? Ok, listen up: It sounds quite easy. If you get the 10 points and the enemy has 0 for some reason, you don't expect anything bad. But suddenly some random enemy invests 11 or even 20 points at the very last moment. Because you have to be ahead only up to 10 points, it is quite difficult to keep the balance. And if you got 20 points for those cases, you'll realize that it is either too less or too much, so you lose. After losing 3 times (=480k credits lost) I decided to get another strategy: Let the enemies invest in small parts and invest just by 1-2 points ahead each time. Sounds great, but in practice it is also a terrible idea. I couldn't handle that. ''Try  coop, maybe it'll work'' was my worst decision ever. ''Why?'' you ask? -Trollers. Those people who invest about 30 or more points to let you lose. ''Maybe that player didn't understand your objective, mistakes happen'' yeah tell that to the people who do that 4 times in a row, maybe even more since I just quit after those 4 times.

This mission is impossible in solo, and in coop, it is also just terrible because of the trollers.

''You're just salty, take some time and get better strategies'' Huh, yeah. I lost about 2 million credits on this.

DE, this is by far your WORST mission I've ever played. It's a shame because the idea is good but it was brought to the game like you don't even care about people like me (unlucky af).

PS: I still didn't complete the mission.

You put 5 +/- and the you divide your team in 2 and dont let enemies drop their things ... not rocket science . Almost imposible to fail (enemies are one shoted easily ... )  . It's not that hard to think a little before rushing things .

Edited by Yagamilight123

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

I'll accept losing money when I lose the match but I won't accept losing it when the host DC's and DE's awful matchmaking system kicks the rest of us back to our ships and takes the money still. 

That's what I do.

There are a few things in Warframe I love and those are the only things I do. I missed out on the even because I hate Conclave, I don't like Archwing (due to motion sickness) so I can never farm for Atlas, grinding excavations bores me so Limbo is out and now this new frame is locked behind tedium.

I don't mind missing out on things if it stops me getting frustrated. I know if I try and do something I don't enjoy i'll end up leaving again.

I do wish DE had put some actual thought and effort into the Christmas even considering it's the biggest holiday of the year and I wish they would stop locking frames behind dull grinding missions but it is what it is.

I have my own way of getting around this latest problem. My last lot of plats was at 75% off so I've bought the latest frame, but like a complete idiot I jumped in too fast and bought the 2 new weapons first so have ended up spending 375 too much and have 2 spares I can't even sell in trading.

It's a very good frame because using all 4 abilities make it a one man army. On ability 4 you create your own murky swamp and then use the other 3 abilities to zap anything and everything which dares to tiptoe in.

15 minutes ago, CaptainEras said:

I have my own way of getting around this latest problem. My last lot of plats was at 75% off so I've bought the latest frame, but like a complete idiot I jumped in too fast and bought the 2 new weapons first so have ended up spending 375 too much and have 2 spares I can't even sell in trading.

It's a very good frame because using all 4 abilities make it a one man army. On ability 4 you create your own murky swamp and then use the other 3 abilities to zap anything and everything which dares to tiptoe in.

The frame looks fantastic, i'd love to try it out but I just have a hard time forcing myself to do something I don't enjoy.

I'd buy it myself but like I mentioned in another thread. It's Christmas, i'm a mother of 4 and have a large extended family. Christmas is an expensive time for me so I can't treat myself until it's out of the way and we've recovered.

I love Inaros and some folk have mentioned it's like the love child of Inaros and Saryn which sounds fun.

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

(enemies are one shoted easily ... ) 

That's funny. I got S. Simulor (4000 damage per stack) and a Galatine Prime (max damage), the enemies can't be one shot. It is not possible. I'm wondering if you even tried that mission.

Just now, MrM1 said:

That's funny. I got S. Simulor (4000 damage per stack) and a Galatine Prime (max damage), the enemies can't be one shot. It is not possible. I'm wondering if you even tried that mission.

... yes , it's posible  . If you need to shot fire 2 times -.- . If you failed as a mirage ... wow .

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

The frame looks fantastic, i'd love to try it out but I just have a hard time forcing myself to do something I don't enjoy.

I'd buy it myself but like I mentioned in another thread. It's Christmas, i'm a mother of 4 and have a large extended family. Christmas is an expensive time for me so I can't treat myself until it's out of the way and we've recovered.

I love Inaros and some folk have mentioned it's like the love child of Inaros and Saryn which sounds fun.

I'm a father and grandfather so can empathise with your situation.

This is a very clever frame where all abilities and your standard weapons are intergrated. The murky, toxic, swamp on ability 4 has a counter and you can use all other abilities and weapons to build up this meter to as High as you like. Save it for when it's really needed and it becomes a haven for all the squad.

Edited by CaptainEras

It's boring yes.

But in no way (too) difficult: No enemy can invest many points if the players don't die.

You have to find players that can think to win within the margin of 10 points.

That ist actually a good task: Something new. You need players that can do more than tapping mousebuttons and keys rapidly.

Not DE's new quest horrifies me. But the number of players who can't do that.