Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

2 minutes ago, nightfhang said:

My nidus has shown to be unable to infest others, There might be some kind of stage progression with the tumor and I just haven't reached the point of being able to infest anyone/thing

Try doing it in a dojo with some clan members, worked 100% for me.

If your tumor looks like mine it should be able to work.

What if, and OK this is probably Way out there but what if We (the Tenno) actually used the Infestation as our "magic bullet" to kill off the Orokin.

So if the Tenno are immune and control the Warframes and the Frames are at least internally largely composed of technocyte maybe we way back in the day we were in control of the Infestation. 

The entry from Rhino Prime really could be talking about the technocyte/biological being that makes up the "bio" in biomechanical. 

They see that the Tenno can control it and take that "beast" (that consumes flesh!) cyber-augment it and we get the core making of a Warframe.

Then over the long years of Cryo-sleep the Infestation has continued to mutate and go on without us so that our old version of technocyte is different enough that the current technocyte Infested are basically a different thing now. 

Ok again so way way back the Orokin whip up batches of Infestation to use against the Sentients but someone had to handle the stuff and control it (unless they just were so crazy desperate that they unleashed a Doomsday Weapon against them).  So the Tenno being the Big Cool Thing in Warfare and totally immune to it are in control of it.

After defeating the Sentients the Tenno come back find out they're going to be "retired" (permanently).

So they decide to tear down the entire Orokin empire, unleashing the Infestation super weapon that the Orokin basically gave them to use against their enemies and they do just that. As it spreads the Tenno are hidden away by Lotus and then we skip way ahead to now.

So probably some massive holes there and a totally bonkers idea, but just popped into my mind here.

Also... what if the Fish is Helminth?!  dun dun dun!!

18 minutes ago, LyokoBlight said:

Try doing it in a dojo with some clan members, worked 100% for me.

If your tumor looks like mine it should be able to work.

It seems of fixed itself in one way or another, might of just required a map reset. I can now infect my operator

15 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Fair. It's admittedly difficult to tell how it's meant, as reading it doesn't carry across intonation or the like.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

If the big fish under the floor is Helminth, this certainly checks out because there are....others....down there.

I dont know if this relevant but ive found plant life similar to lua those weird stalks to the left of the operator sized bed in the back maybe more can be related? ive been relant on other factors besides just the stabby stabby chair and the lounge style MRI scanner in the back >.>

it could explain on how this entity in the room has known history about the operator even more so it being surprised that hes/she is awake but this also means that there is a time line hemilith has been relevant the fact of what to expect in the future.

._. all speculation at the moment 

http://imgur.com/a/Dbgbj

Maybe the lump is Helminths actual form, as in he is with us when we are on missions, feeding on our "corruption" as we kill. So it might not be just a link to be able to hear him but that he is actually with us and the room might just be a "husk/nest" as he's probably been in there for a long time withering away, while not feeding. 

Also from wikipedia: "Helminths are worm-like organisms living in and feeding on a living host, receiving nourishment and protection while disrupting their hosts' nutrient absorption causing weakness and disease"

This would explain why we do not keep our mutated form (other than it being a video game).

*edit* Also this might mean we won't need to sit down in the chair to feed him, for a while, maybe only when he has gained enough nourishment to begin his normal functions on the ship again. 

Edited by Daracha-Tendrihan
Tin foiled hat was still on

18 hours ago, Sennera said:

Being that what's inside the suit of a warframe is tecnocyte/infested flesh, I've got a pretty damn strong feeling that the room and Helminth exist to serve the needs of the warframe itself. He has a line that goes something like "We kill for you, bleed for you, and feed for you." which indicates that Helminth is the source of the strain inside warframes.

Since the Orokin aren't above screwing people over for their own gain, people were probably forced to sit in Helminth's chair and subjected to becoming one of his infested, then they'd probably infuse them with void energy somehow and if what remained of the person survived the Orokin would build a metal suit around them (to add shields and make them look pretty) and they'd be something new for the Operator to operate.

This I like.

Well, I noticed that after yesterday's hotfix that tumor on my neck has disappeared.

Today I entered the game and checked it again - nothing. But I done a couple missions as Nidus and here we go:

Spoiler

rF9nPcl.jpg 

A nice little tumor.

Can be THAT a way to feed the Helminth? To bring his part in the battle?

That makes alot of questions. How many missions we need to do to open some new stuff? How the Helminth will let us know?

Also, can someone confirm my observations? Becuz I'm so thrilled, I'm not really sure in what I see...

Edited by Zanoza-chan

14 hours ago, TrinityPrime said:

"This video contains content from Victor Entertainment, Inc.. It is not available in your country."

14 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

That's discrimination against Americans. >;(

I'm from europe so i don't know what's hapenning with the copyright & america... i tried to change the Certificate from youtube options of the video , we'll see....

"JVC Kenwood Victor Entertainment Corporation (株式会社JVCケンウッド・ビクターエンタテインメント Kabushiki-gaisha Jei・bui・shī Ken'uddo Bikutā Entateinmento?), formerly Victor Entertainment, Inc. (ビクターエンタテインメント株式会社 Bikutā Entateinmento Kabushiki-gaisha?) and Victor Music Industries (ビクター音楽産業 Bikutā Ongaku Sangyō?), is a subsidiary of JVC Kenwood that produces and distributes music, movies and other entertainment products such as anime and television shows in Japan. It is known as JVC Entertainment in countries where Sony Music Entertainment operates the RCA Victor label."

Just guessing here but, are you playing some music in the background?

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, Okakuro said:

My Nidus seems to have a neck tumor visible only on the starchart
 5e3b186bf217889d7b3a97863480a41a.jpg

Hey hey hey......what was that! I saw something like that on my day aspect Equinox yesterday when I was playing invasions against the infested. I did notice twice and thought of some kind of bug or something but here I see things are not seeming like that at all.

8 hours ago, Jokarun said:

I've so far only gotten this to work inside dojo's.

well; The cyst didn't show, but their frames got a dark fluidy look and then there was an infestedish sound. I'm guessing in 24 hours they'll have cysts of their own.

How did you do it in the dojo?

Cause I've tried in missions and relay and I noticed no changes. I have seen DE remove the thread about the cysts, so I assumed it was just a false rumor being spread around reddit and the forums.

6 hours ago, Rolunde said:

What if, and OK this is probably Way out there but what if We (the Tenno) actually used the Infestation as our "magic bullet" to kill off the Orokin.

So if the Tenno are immune and control the Warframes and the Frames are at least internally largely composed of technocyte maybe we way back in the day we were in control of the Infestation. 

The entry from Rhino Prime really could be talking about the technocyte/biological being that makes up the "bio" in biomechanical. 

They see that the Tenno can control it and take that "beast" (that consumes flesh!) cyber-augment it and we get the core making of a Warframe.

Then over the long years of Cryo-sleep the Infestation has continued to mutate and go on without us so that our old version of technocyte is different enough that the current technocyte Infested are basically a different thing now. 

Ok again so way way back the Orokin whip up batches of Infestation to use against the Sentients but someone had to handle the stuff and control it (unless they just were so crazy desperate that they unleashed a Doomsday Weapon against them).  So the Tenno being the Big Cool Thing in Warfare and totally immune to it are in control of it.

After defeating the Sentients the Tenno come back find out they're going to be "retired" (permanently).

So they decide to tear down the entire Orokin empire, unleashing the Infestation super weapon that the Orokin basically gave them to use against their enemies and they do just that. As it spreads the Tenno are hidden away by Lotus and then we skip way ahead to now.

So probably some massive holes there and a totally bonkers idea, but just popped into my mind here.

Also... what if the Fish is Helminth?!  dun dun dun!!

So you are saying that we could of been the ones who possibly started the Great Plague?

My take on all this was that we could kill the Orokin permanently because we destroyed all the Orokin so that they wouldn't be able to body hop over to a new one unless they were desperate enough to hop into a Grineer clone or some life form that they deemed lower and unworthy.

They wouldn't hope into infested life forms because the infested have this huge hive mind connecting them all but this makes them ideal for getting rid of Orokin for good, since their minds would be sucked in to become part of the great hivemind.