Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

Searched for Meridian and Pentatonic

Meridian: 

2. (in acupuncture and Chinese medicine) each of a set of pathways in the body along which vital energy is said to flow. There are twelve such pathways associated with specific organs.

Pentatonic:

Relating to, based on, or denoting a scale of five notes, especially one without semitones equivalent to an ordinary major scale with the fourth and seventh omitted.

Whilst I don't know what to really expect at present, the medical-nature of the chair and the name of Helminth makes me think it might be an allusion to the experimental immunotherapy, whereby a type of Helminth is employed to serve as a treatment for auto-immune disorders such as Crohn's disease.

Considering that the quest not only demonstrated that it is possible to approach the Infestation in a borderline symbiotic manner, and that methodology was derived from the Nidus warframe's schematic, it's a curious possibility. Bonus points in that the Infestation is described as a parasite in the fragments, so whether we could employ the strain that Helminth is in some way is...potentially what the name alludes to?

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Pentatonic:

Relating to, based on, or denoting a scale of five notes, especially one without semitones equivalent to an ordinary major scale with the fourth and seventh omitted.

Five notes?

Five Ways: Madurai, Naramon, Unairu, Zenurik and Vazarin.

3 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Whilst I don't know what to really expect at present, the medical-nature of the chair and the name of Helminth makes me think it might be an allusion to the experimental immunotherapy, whereby a type of Helminth is employed to serve as a treatment for auto-immune disorders such as Crohn's disease.

Considering that the quest not only demonstrated that it is possible to approach the Infestation in a borderline symbiotic manner, and that methodology was derived from the Nidus warframe's schematic, it's a curious possibility. Bonus points in that the Infestation is described as a parasite in the fragments, so whether we could employ the strain that Helminth is in some way is...potentially what the name alludes to?

Five notes?

Considering he states that he fears the void Demon and is shocked we are awake I am not inclined to believe it is something Tenno in Origin. 

He calls it Vital. 

14 hours ago, General-Hadrak said:

He says: "Feed me Master". But how? And with what?

You know,when you arrive for the first time he put something on your neck isn't he?This thing can be seen on Nidus on mission selection screen.I though I must maxed level of Niidus and then something will happened.But no.I have no idea,maybe you have to get hight mutation like 100 or something...

1 minute ago, Verrenen said:

You know,when you arrive for the first time he put something on your neck isn't he?This thing can be seen on Nidus on mission selection screen.I though I must maxed level of Niidus and then something will happened.But no.I have no idea,maybe you have to get hight mutation like 100 or something...

reaching maximum mutation stack does nothing

not even trigger new voice lines

15 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Five notes?

Great stuff, Blakrana. 

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Considering he states that he fears the void Demon and is shocked we are awake I am not inclined to believe it is something Tenno in Origin. 

He calls it Vital. 

Perhaps, though vital does tend to generally refer to matters of health and/or importance. Vitality means good health, after all.

Still. At least Helminth seems...friendly?

21 minutes ago, --Sokol said:

There's also an odd looking cryopod chair thingy at the back of the room, behind the chair where you get stabbed. It looks like it's made for warframes or operators.

reminds me of a fairy tale i used to read when i was a kid.

how was it?

ah yes....Snow white and the 7 leapers

51 minutes ago, Corvid said:

A selection of quotes from him when entering the room as Nydus:

"We germinate, for the master... within the master."
"Master."
"Master, only my voice has returned."
"We are life, Master. But also death."
"Living substances is our domain. How will we serve you."
"The Meridians awake. The vital pentatonic."
"We... breathe for you. Bleed for you. Feed for you."
"All that lives is coiled within us. We will consume, Master, if you wish it."
"Feed me... Master."
"Forgive me, my sting, Master."
"We are as one."
"I am weak, Master."

Reading that makes me believe that whom ever wrote that dialog must have been listening to Master of Puppets. Lol

9 hours ago, Abacrius said:

The one that spoke the most to me was "We fear only the Void Demon." 

Whatever the heck Helminth is, he fears the Operator.

My Helminth says "Shadows grow within this demon".

The lines are supposedly related to your alignment. During the War Within and the Nidus quest, I overall have 2 dark and 2 neutral options picked, so my alignment is mostly dark. It appears that Helminth still thinks my OP is a demon, but it's less afraid or hostile.

--Update--(Spoiler?)

I decided to write down all the quotes I got from my Helminth. My alignment is mostly dark (2 dark, 1 neutral, 1 light choices made during War Within and Glast Gambit quests combined. Did NOT consume the kuva, picked destroy. I regret that decision.), and I sat in the chair, so the little tumor shows up on the starmap.

Here's what I got though; @ Nidus

-The Meridians awake. The vital pentatonic.
-Living Substance is our domain. How will we serve you.
-Master, only my voice has returned.
-I am weak, Master.
-Forgive my, my sting, Master.
-We are life, Master. But also death.
-Master.
-All that lives is coiled within us. We consume, Master, if you wish it.
-We are as one.
-Feed me...Master.
-We germinate, for the Master...within the Master.

@Operator
Shadows grow within this demon

Edited by Geraion

39 minutes ago, Corvid said:

"Master, only my voice has returned."

Of the lot, whilst they're all interesting statements...I feel this is really substantial.

I mean, the implication is that there are others, plural...whereas the Infested hivemind so far as we've engaged with it yet always seems to be this same, total entity. Could Helminth be a member of, for want of a better word, a community? There's more voices seems the implication, but I don't think we've ever had it alluded to that there's multiples when it comes to Infested before...

After all, Remballa was 'spread out' amongst the Infested in the Corrupted Ancient synthesis. Jordas and Alad resist, but are clearly struggling against another will.

Perhaps equipping Pherliac Pods could do something for Helminth? Or at least having them in the Gear menu?

13 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Of the lot, whilst they're all interesting statements...I feel this is really substantial.

I mean, the implication is that there are others, plural...whereas the Infested hivemind so far as we've engaged with it yet always seems to be this same, total entity. Could Helminth be a member of, for want of a better word, a community? There's more voices seems the implication, but I don't think we've ever had it alluded to that there's multiples when it comes to Infested before...

After all, Remballa was 'spread out' amongst the Infested in the Corrupted Ancient synthesis. Jordas and Alad resist, but are clearly struggling against another will.

Perhaps equipping Pherliac Pods could do something for Helminth? Or at least having them in the Gear menu?

Hmmm. I see what you mean, in that you're reading that sentence as "Only one voice has returned, my voice. There are others."

There is a different reading of it, though: "Of all my faculties, my strengths, my capabilities, I have only regained my voice. Help me get stronger and regain my other abilities."

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmm. I see what you mean, in that you're reading that sentence as "Only one voice has returned, my voice. There are others."

There is a different reading of it, though: "Of all my faculties, my strengths, my capabilities, I have only regained my voice. Help me get stronger and regain my other abilities."

Fair. It's admittedly difficult to tell how it's meant, as reading it doesn't carry across intonation or the like.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

12 minutes ago, Arcanolath said:

got another quote when walking in as the operator

"The light shines on this demon"

its probably connected to our karma meter.(when we make decisions)

when i walk in as an operator, he sometimes says something along these lines '' the demon walks on shadows edge''