Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

I'm sure that everyone knows that the infested room can now be accessed with Nidus. But what we do not know is what the mysterious infested entity "Helminth" is, what the room is, why does Helminth give you some sort of Space-Plague, etc.

I'll begin by talking about the room. The room itself seems to resemble a sort of cockpit (with a pilot's chair in the center). Now this is where I begin speculating; I believe that Helminth is not a name, but rather a title or a rank. I believe that there were three "crew members" in our Orbiter; Us (The Operator - The Captain), Orids (The one in charge of keeping the ship in good condition - the First Officer) and the Helminth (The helmsman - the pilot).

Helminth could have been a Cephalon (with the chair serving as a sort of manual override for the Operator to use) or another person (with the chair having the obvious role of being the "steering wheel"). As of right now, I'm not sure which option is the most believable - we know that the infestation can assimilate Cephalons (which would explain how Helminth is sentient), but then why doesn't Ordis remember him?

This was just my attempt at solving this new mystery, if you have any theories please share them in the reply section.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

2 hours ago, Wizza said:

Does the quest have anything to do with the Door?

technically, yeah. But you can just buy nidus and open the door, so the quest isnt really required to open the door. However, Helminth does comment on your moral alignment, and the quest does give you three choices at the end. So the quest does have much to do with the door.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Remember when Lotus said "Infested fear hybrids" during the Glast Gambit?

Sometimes Helminth says something along the lines of "We fear nothing, except for the demon" when you enter the room with the Operator.

Also I wouldn't say the room itself looks like a cockpit. It looks more like an examination room or some sort of medical facility.

Edited by Mints

4 hours ago, MatthewGuyson said:

Could you please link the source?

There is none.

3 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

ordis is the pilot. Helminth is the manger of the warframe. Basically the "mechanic" of the ship and warframes.

You've caught my interest. Would you mind going into detail a bit?

Edited by LazerSkink

QBB0Hkv.jpg

I'm pretty sure i've got that 'mark' (purple dot on the neck) after the infested entity in the ship pierced my neck, but i noticed it only now so i'm not 100% sure.
So i was wondering if somehow it is possible to remove it or at least color it, since it annoys me a lot.

Edited by Nakrast