Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who really was THE FIRST warframe?

S0ulre4per

Hi.

If by any reason this topic should be moved to other section, then i apologize beforehand.

Ok......What title says.

Who really was the first warframe? 

Excaliburs codex says that he was the first warframe........................................but was he really?

Ever since Nidus came out there has been a lot of thoughts going on, from His name literally meaning '' a place in which bacteria have multiplied or may multiply; a focus of infection. '',to a mutant virus having a humanoid body (we dont know the full lore about Nidus yet, this is all pure speculation)

Nidus as a warframe seems like creation of warframe gone wrong.

Excalibur is ''supposed'' to be the first, a warframe where everything went as planned. Yet Nidus, a supposed ''later'' warframe model, suddenly lost control of the Virus?

something doesnt add up.

Plus his name already means origin of infection, maybe he even predates the outbreak. 

Spoiler

Infested spaceship room has this ''Helminth'' voice who is interacting with us quite interesting. And Nidus is THE ONLY ONE who can enter (well except for the operator but you need Nidus to be in that room) 

There is so much mystery going on behind this warframe (or is it even a warframe?..........dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn)

Idk, maybe Nidus was a prototype? seems more infested than armor (warframes being both). The thing is, as lore is built on the go, many things will feel against some statements (grineer queens poem vs what we got on war wthin). And Helminth is new and non functional for now, so what he says sounds like a teaser on the same lvl as the queens poem

8 minutes ago, S0ulre4per said:

Excalibur is ''supposed'' to be the first, a warframe where everything went as planned. Yet Nidus, a supposed ''later'' warframe model, suddenly lost control of the Virus?

That's just you. What exactly made you think that Nidus did not turn out exactly as he was envisioned? If you want an example of a frame prototype gone wrong, read Rhino Prime codex entry.

As for his name - it refers to him being the origin of the spreading infestation, not of frames.

10 minutes ago, S0ulre4per said:

Ever since Nidus came out there has been a lot of thoughts going on, from His name literally meaning '' a place in which bacteria have multiplied or may multiply; a focus of infection. '',to a mutant virus having a humanoid body (we dont know the full lore about Nidus yet, this is all pure speculation)

something doesnt add up.

Plus his name already means origin of infection, maybe he even predates the outbreak. 

Names in and of themselves aren't proof of canon; Nidus can also just mean "nest", and he is indeed a nest of maggots

Also, the T-cyte virus predates the Orokin era by a good several thousand years, so just having an infested frame isn't proof that Excalibur isn't he first

2 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

Idk, maybe Nidus was a prototype? seems more infested than armor (warframes being both). The thing is, as lore is built on the go, many things will feel against some statements (grineer queens poem vs what we got on war wthin). And Helminth is new and non functional for now, so what he says sounds like a teaser on the same lvl as the queens poem

Thats the thing............Nidus looks like a humanoid infested virus

Spoiler

And Helminth is calling us ''Master''

if Nidus was a mass production warframe, then no1 would call us master, i mean why, there are maybe like thousands more like him.

Could it be that he is one of a kind? a ''rare gem''? even tho he looks like a rare disease (i like the design tho)

7 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

That's just you. What exactly made you think that Nidus did not turn out exactly as he was envisioned? If you want an example of a frame prototype gone wrong, read Rhino Prime codex entry.

As for his name - it refers to him being the origin of the spreading infestation, not of frames.

Infestation Virus came before warframes (as it was one of the old war weapons), thats why i thought they tried to control the virus (the outbreak) but didnt quite succeed in the first try. thats why i think he ''could'' be the first warframe. A Virus shaped, and tenno are capable of controling it, a prototype

Edited by S0ulre4per
more details

I'm guessing maybe Nidus was the first prototype weapon made to fight back the sentient; using the infestation to create a weapon or war that walked, thought and fought on its own. But then, the Infestation grew an overall sentience and decided maybe the Orokin wasn't worth fighting for and decided to go "open brunch" on the rest of every living thing.

So from there, I'm guessing the Orokin decided to not make another 'Warframe' without technological components and full sentience and instead considered their newly found Tenno as able to puppeteer the Warframes instead.

That's just speculations however.

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as far as anyone should be concerned, these were the first Warframes.
unless it's more retcon. there's lots of retcon in this Universe.

It has been retconned : darkSector and Warframe do share the same universe but Hayden Tenno and the event of that game had no impact on the current state of affairs that Warframe is in. At best, the 'prototype' skin and Nyx's skin are indirect references and easter eggs towards darkSector.

Edited by Wiegraf

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Excalibur was the first Warframe officially acknowledged by the Orokin.

There were prototypes before of course, but they were likely not called "Warframes" then.

If this one day turns out to be true, then it makes me wonder....how could they control it?

Or maybe they couldnt and he had to be sealed away 

Spoiler

Glast gambit quest refers to him as an Old war relic. (tho its most likely because he is old as hell)

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Names in and of themselves aren't proof of canon; Nidus can also just mean "nest", and he is indeed a nest of maggots

Also, the T-cyte virus predates the Orokin era by a good several thousand years, so just having an infested frame isn't proof that Excalibur isn't he first

True, it also makes me wonder, why make all this progress from a warframe, wielding a willpower energy sword and then switch back to full mutant warframe.

Nidus seems more like a prototype that could have been made before him.

2 minutes ago, S0ulre4per said:

True, it also makes me wonder, why make all this progress from a warframe, wielding a willpower energy sword and then switch back to full mutant warframe.

Nidus seems more like a prototype that could have been made before him.

perhaps it is much more difficult to maintain the infestation in such a raw form.  it makes since that the first models of warframes would be restrained, and later they might make one that was pushed to the absolute limits of what the infestation can cause.

4 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

perhaps it is much more difficult to maintain the infestation in such a raw form.  it makes since that the first models of warframes would be restrained, and later they might make one that was pushed to the absolute limits of what the infestation can cause.

Maybe he was restrained until technology was advanced enough to take control of him.

This could explain why Excalibur is first ''official orokin era warframe'' 

Nidus may have been locked up because it was impossible to use him.

Just now, S0ulre4per said:

Maybe he was restrained until technology was advanced enough to take control of him.

This could explain why Excalibur is first ''official orokin era warframe'' 

Nidus may have been locked up because it was impossible to use him.

or not created, thhere's no reason to assume anyone would want to build something like nidus, also "locked up" implies there was only one.

The fact that Nidus is a Old War relic means he's older than many of the normal Warframes, but not older than the Primes. Excalibur (Prime or Proto) still is the first. It seems that Nidus was created by the Tenno without the consent of the Orokin or maybe he was created by the infestation itself in the end of the war.

39 minutes ago, taiiat said:

unless it's more retcon. there's lots of retcon in this Universe.

I don't see any of this high amount of retcons people talks about. Can you say some of them to me?

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

3 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

or not created, thhere's no reason to assume anyone would want to build something like nidus, also "locked up" implies there was only one.

Spoiler

Reason why i think he is ''the only one'' is because of helminths interaction with nidus.........if there were many of him, then i see absolutely no reason whatsoever for us to be called '' the master''

1 minute ago, CelticMoss said:

I don't even fully call nidus a warframe it seems to have a mind of it's own but being shackled down by the tenno

Being more infested than a warframe

yup.......thats basically whats going on in my mind, he is a infested virus with an incredible power and orokin took control of him

33 minutes ago, Wiegraf said:

-snip-

i was referring to if Nidus is more Retcon, not Dark Sector which is partially retconned (i'm pretty sure it's a binary state though, and you're not allowed to go halfway but Digital Extremes wants to be in the middle on that....)

This is "Teshin is Stalker" thread all over again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes ago, Wiegraf said:

I'm guessing maybe Nidus was the first prototype weapon made to fight back the sentient; using the infestation to create a weapon or war that walked, thought and fought on its own. But then, the Infestation grew an overall sentience and decided maybe the Orokin wasn't worth fighting for and decided to go "open brunch" on the rest of every living thing.

This directly contradicts Ex's lore entry. Which clearly says, that while they did try other things, the first frame they made was Excalibur. Plus, "a weapon of war that walks, talks and fights on it's own" perfectly describes the infested as a whole, no need to make a frame  out of it for that.

33 minutes ago, S0ulre4per said:

Yet Nidus, a supposed ''later'' warframe model, suddenly lost control of the Virus?

Again, what makes you think that he "lost" control? The way I see it, he controls it just fine.

24 minutes ago, S0ulre4per said:

Infestation Virus came before warframes (as it was one of the old war weapons), thats why i thought they tried to control the virus (the outbreak) but didnt quite succeed in the first try. thats why i think he ''could'' be the first warframe. A Virus shaped, and tenno are capable of controling it, a prototype

Who says, however, that the outbreak happened before the frames were created?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Look, your guess is just that, a guess, with nothing backing it. An idea taken out of thin air, that you think is true just because there aren't enough things that contradict it.

If you mean to present it as this and nothing more, then that's your right, but IMO your guess is wrong. So I'll leave because such thing just needlessly frustrates me.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i was referring to if Nidus is more Retcon, not Dark Sector which is partially retconned (i'm pretty sure it's a binary state though, and you're not allowed to go halfway but Digital Extremes wants to be in the middle on that....)

I don't see any retcon in Nidus. We all know that the infestation have some sort of hive mind since old J3 Golen and Phorid. Then the synthesis  expanded this showing how the infestation assimilate and clone their victims (Ancient Healer synthesis) and now Nidus and Helminth pretty much confirms that infested have a mind and some sort of hierarchy.

To me Nidus is a frame built or changed by the infestation without Tenno or Orokin consent. Looks like even Lotus didn't know about Nidus.