Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alignment and Infested Door (Spoilers!)

Rush95

Just something I want to ask/discuss with some of you. First, some background music: ''Welcome to the hive'' 

Second, let me just say that I don't think Helminth is a good thing, as in, I don't think he is trustworthy. This is mostly because he treats Nidus with respect (as it's his master), but the Operator with fear (showing distaste in knowing the Operator woke up). This clear distinction between the Warframe and the Operator is a big red sign, it gives me the feeling Helminth would ditch us if he had the opporutnity, as long as Nidus would still be its master. Whatever functions Helminth may bring or not into the game remain unknown, but this whole ''get yourself infected and infect others'' is somewhat concerning. Why would he want to infect other Warframes? Other characters?

I mean, besides the obvious ''not everyone has Nidus yet and it gives newer players a chance to grow their own cyst'', since we'll

Spoiler

be able to remove it and use the cyst on a poor Kubrow to create a Helminth Charger. Jesus Christ, DE.

All of this is reminiscent of an epidemic. Helminth wants to spread itself unto other living beings, so he himself can grow (and possibly adapt). This is what I want to ask: has anyone noticed any change in their alignment ever since they came into contact with the Infested Room? Not the stabbing per se, since we had no idea what effects it would have, but the act of infecting others. Does our alignment slowly turn to  Moon? If so, how many players do we need to infect until it starts having an effect? 

Stay safe out there Tenno, and remember, always use protection (which is also called ''SOLO MODE'') :D

EDIT: Clarified post, should be easier to understand.

Edited by Rush95

there's one thing that maded my alignment go toward the dark an bit: Allow Neewa choose her destiny, ironically (beyond my first answer on TWW being light, i choose the neutral path, even now).

and i think this was an bug, since the options was telling me that was the neutral path (i did the quest on day 2) and the message that Neewa gave to me explain that, but if i had to choose again, based on fact that she gve more hints for me about her indecision (that can make me pick the cure's path) or not (i was inclined to give her to mycona's people anyway), i would not be dissatisfied.

but about using Helminth to infect the others changing our alignment... i still have no idea, my Nidus will be completed in 2 days, but i don't want to infect the others unnecessarily.

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

5 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

there's one thing that maded my alignment go toward the dark an bit: Allow Neewa choose her destiny, ironically

and i think this was an bug, since the options was telling me that was the neutral path and the message that Neewa gave to me explain that

but about using Helminth to infect the others... i still have no idea, my Nidus will be completed in 2 days, but i don't want to infect the others unnecessarily

Yes, that option should be the NEUTRAL one, not the MOON one. It was corrected as follows:

Sun: Cure Neewa

Neutral: Let her decide her fate

Moon: Send her home

About infecting others: it happens right as you get close to someone while using Nidus. I don't know if only Nidus can infect Warframes, or if infected Warframes can also infect. Kubrows are also infected, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Probably a bug from DE, since Nidus can also ''infect'' the Operator, but it also does nothing.

The only way to not infect someone else is getting stabbed with Nidus and stop using him, or avoiding the room altogether.

Edited by Rush95

I also notice how the "fish" Helminth  also react negatively to the Operator via holding the door with Nidus facing it while standing inside room. Helminth (which is a word to describe a parasitic worm) Said "it that walks the end of darkness" when I walked in without my warframe. A hint to something?

3 hours ago, Rush95 said:

Just something I want to ask/discuss with some of you. First, some background music: ''Welcome to the hive'' 

Second, let me just say that I don't think Helminth is a good thing, as in, I don't think he is trustworthy. This is mostly because he treats Nidus with respect (as it's his master), but the Operator with fear (showing distaste in knowing the Operator woke up). This clear distinction between the Warframe and the Operator is a big red sign, it gives me the feeling Helminth would ditch us if he had the opporutnity, as long as Nidus would still be its master. Whatever functions Helminth may bring or not into the game remain unknown, but this whole ''get yourself infected and infect others'' is somewhat concerning. Why would he want to infect other Warframes? Other characters?

I mean, besides the obvious ''not everyone has Nidus yet and it gives newer players a chance to grow their own cyst'', since we'll

Reveal hidden contents

be able to remove it and use the cyst on a poor Kubrow to create a Helminth Charger. Jesus Christ, DE.

All of this is reminiscent of an epidemic. Helminth wants to spread itself unto other living beings, so he himself can grow (and possibly adapt). This is what I want to ask: has anyone noticed any change in their alignment ever since they came into contact with the Infested Room? Not the stabbing per se, since we had no idea what effects it would have, but the act of infecting others. Does our alignment slowly turn to  Moon, or Sun? If so, how many players do we need to infect until it starts having an effect? 

This is just something I read on Reddit and on the wiki, where some players commented on their alignment being more inclined to Moon than what they remembered. The word Infection is used with a negative term, after all.

Stay safe out there Tenno, and remember, always use protection (which is also called ''SOLO MODE'') :D

This could also be their precursor to bringing the Umbra frames to pc.

14 hours ago, Cat_Jam said:

Yep, I noticed this bug, I picked the neutral "let her decide" which shown a neutral choice, but when selected it changed to the moon and has now negatively affected my "karma" indicator.

Yeah, I think they ran a script to fix it. But regarding the infection, have you noticed anything lately?

13 hours ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

This could also be their precursor to bringing the Umbra frames to pc.

How come? Any idea how they'd use Helminth for this?

A little off topic, but seeing as Helminth was present in our orbiter since before The Second Dream, and based on what little we know about how the infestation and technocyte relate to each other, is it possible that Helminth was able to exert some small control over our wounded warframe and defeat Hunhow and the Stalker when War was broken?

If this is the case, I would still remain of the opinion that we don't owe Helminth our lives because this would have been an attempt by Helminth to save himself by saving the warframe, and we just happened to benefit from it because he does not know that we are the ones who control the warframes.

In any case, I'm entertaining the hypothesis that it was Helminth that managed to control or at least influence our warframe's apparently autonomous actions in The Second Dream finale.

8 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

A little off topic, but seeing as Helminth was present in our orbiter since before The Second Dream, and based on what little we know about how the infestation and technocyte relate to each other, is it possible that Helminth was able to exert some small control over our wounded warframe and defeat Hunhow and the Stalker when War was broken?

If this is the case, I would still remain of the opinion that we don't owe Helminth our lives because this would have been an attempt by Helminth to save himself by saving the warframe, and we just happened to benefit from it because he does not know that we are the ones who control the warframes.

In any case, I'm entertaining the hypothesis that it was Helminth that managed to control or at least influence our warframe's apparently autonomous actions in The Second Dream finale.

Was he? I don't remember having infested growth near the left door at the time, so I'm not sure he'd be strong enough to remotely control a Warframe. Plus it means he'd seen the Operator, so he shouldn't be surprised that we were awake when we entered the Medical Bay (not trying to sound like an A******! Just legit theoryzing)

My personal view on it is that we somehow 'humanize' the Warframes a bit, they seem to display some sort of alter ego (each has their own set of animations) and maybe we extrapolate those 'egos' whenever we're using Transferance. Eh, who knows, but it's exciting to find out.

About Helminth, he seems to be a Moon Alignment character (not necessarily 'evil', just 'dark') since our Alignment does, in fact, slowly change to Moon when we infect a great number of players. I don't think he's trustworthy at all.

I really like this kind of event, not some generic Event Popup with conditions and rewards, but actual mystery, obserwable changes, and informations about it exchanged between players. I understand that some people might not be satisfied with new cosmetic addition, but we all sure know that it is not permanent. I can happily carry a little Fashion Frame hindrance in exchange for a bit of mystery and possible development of lore.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:46 PM, Jackel7 said:

Helminth (which is a word to describe a parasitic worm) Said "it that walks the end of darkness" when I walked in without my warframe. A hint to something?

Helminth says one of three different things of that nature based on your alignment. If it's a hint, it's a hint that helminth can read your alignment which could have interesting implications or just be there to unsettle the player.

I haven't got Nidus from the foundry yet. When I do, should I avoid the infested medical chair? I've watched a fair bit of other players' interactions on YouTube, some of them even taking Nidus under the floor to see the two fish up close. Is the fish Helminth? If so, which one?

Is Helminth the true hivemind and ruler of the infested? Even the Jordas Golems? They seemed to have their own mind, but possibly lost and stupid enough to be under the control of another entity. Helminth seems a lot more intelligent, and also not infested itself but somehow connected to it or in control.. Such mystery, very unease

23 minutes ago, SpiralViper said:

I haven't got Nidus from the foundry yet. When I do, should I avoid the infested medical chair? 

That is an entirely personal decision. If you do sit in the chair, you will be infecting any other player that runs into you and your alignment will shift towards moon.

I haven't confirmed it, but I've heard if someone else infects you and then (after the cyst appears) you run into other players, you infect them as well.

Edited by BeefSauce

What an epidemic! Strangely, I've run into several Niduses and haven't been infected. One time, I entered an Orokin ship using Mirage and found a dead Nidus lying on the floor, it was a nightmare mission. I looked at him for a few moments then continued on with my Simulor.. He left the squad soon after. I wonder why I haven't contracted the disease despite running into a few of them.. Not asking for one lol, just seems strange to hear about this epidemic but see no signs myself. Anyway, my PC is lagging hard when I play warframe now, maybe it's time to stop playing and do something else lol

33 minutes ago, SpiralViper said:

What an epidemic! Strangely, I've run into several Niduses and haven't been infected. One time, I entered an Orokin ship using Mirage and found a dead Nidus lying on the floor, it was a nightmare mission. I looked at him for a few moments then continued on with my Simulor.. He left the squad soon after. I wonder why I haven't contracted the disease despite running into a few of them.. Not asking for one lol, just seems strange to hear about this epidemic but see no signs myself. Anyway, my PC is lagging hard when I play warframe now, maybe it's time to stop playing and do something else lol

When I say "run into" I mean physically run through their model.

Something else to consider is it takes about a day for the cyst to show up. It seems infections are localized to whichever Warframe actually touched an infected carrier (I don't see cysts on my entire arsenal of frames, yet) but I've heard (not confirmed) that the operator can be infected as well. I have a friend I run with who has a nidus and avoided the chair specifically to not troll his friends. We still all got at least one frame infected somehow.

I should probably note that he wasn't in his nidus when he got infected.

Edited by BeefSauce

The infection can be spread by anyone that has a visible cyst on their warframe, not just Nidus.

Nidus was the original vector of infection, but now it doesn't even need Nidus to spread anymore.

I personally infected every frame I owned ... and my operator... Should be fun in the next few days or so when all my cysts mature... Regardless of who I play, i'll be infecting every healty tenno I meet ... MUAHAHAHA.

So far I only have one contageous frame (ASH PRIME), but I got Nidus Today, and all my other frames were innoculated yesterday, so by tomorrow I should have an army of contageous frames. My Nidus isn't contageous yet, since he just sat on the chair earlyer today and hasn't developped hte cyst yet... But my ash has already infected a couple of my clanmates.

And honestly, it's pretty much unavoidable at this point, so many people are infected, and merely being in the same zone as another infected frame is enough to transmit the airborned diesease.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

26 minutes ago, BeefSauce said:

The datamined info I saw conflicts with this statement. But, devs can be trolls too.

As I said eariyer, I spend most of my playtime yesterday going in an out of my clan dojo with every single frame I own to get them all infected by virus carriers in the dojo.

During that time, I've been infected by a Nidus, Ivara, Ash, Banshee, Valkyr, Limbo, and so on... So it's been proven that all frames can infect other frames provided their tumors grow big enough. Heck, my poor operator got infected by a limbo in Akkad earlyer today.

As for the infection zone, it's actually bigger than the Frame's hitbox, I'd say there's a two-ish meter zone around the frame that's contageous... If you step in that zone, you hear the infection noise and you can see some black gooey stuff appear briefly on your frame before it dissapears. You don't necessarily need to touch the frame's character model... I had that squishy sound play by simply entering the two meter circle around the frame... That's what I mean when I say it's airborne...

After that, I belive the virus lays dormant until the next daily server reset... Meaning your frame will appear normal and will not infect anyone. Then, after a daily logon, you should notice a small red dot on your frame's neck... And after that , if you enter a public mission or dojo and meet non-infected Warframes or Tennos, the infection noise will play and they will get the black gooey thing on their frame, thus spreading the infection to other users and frames.

There's supposed to be a seven day growth on the tumors... Which we haven't fully seen yet since NIdus was released less than 7 days ago... I'm assuing it's calculated by login days and not hours, since I got the tumor on my ASH only a couple of hours after being infected, and in the meanwhile, I had gotten a daily login reward. So far , none of the frames I have infected since the login yesterday have shown tumors, I'm expecting the full roster of frames to have one when login occurs later today. I'll update this to confirm if the daily login is what causes the tumor to appear...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra