The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers]Helminth Charger Suggestion, while satisfying initial intent by keeping original appearance

EmptyDevil

I'd like to suggest to DE to change the appearance of the current Helminth Charger, after returning from their well deserved vacation, to a newer form.

Why am i making this suggestion?

While we do appreciate the effort put into the companion, It comes as no surprise that some players were disappointed, that the appearance of the Helminth Charger is that of a normal Grineer Charger. Players were expecting something unique in appearance(despite having 'Charger' in its name)and more fitting for the mysterious Helminth entity's cyst causing infection. We learned with the update, that the entity named Helminth, is a servant of the Warframes/Operators. It seemingly has no connection to the typical ravenous Infestation and its hive, due to its dialogue and service to the Warframes/Operators. It should ideally have no connection to the mutated forms of the enemy faction Infestation because of that.

DE's Initial Intent

WfiDWlz.jpg

Possible form suggestion for the Helminth Charger

The best suggestion for appearance inspiration of this creature, that i have seen, comes from DE's old game known as Dark Sector. It has a more dog/Kubrow-like appearance with a slightly metallic technocyte appearance(seen on Excalibur's proto-skin, Nemesis Nyx, and small parts of some other Warframes). It could be tweaked a bit to include Helminth's or Nidus' aesthetic too.

latest?cb=20130412153349

What about the players that like the current Helminth Charger's appearance?

The current appearance can be changed into a craftable skin for the Helminth Charger, that drops from Phorid. DE could give the skin to players that have a Helminth Charger before implementing a change, while all future obtained Helminth Chargers must farm for it.

That is all.

Edited by EmptyDevil

6 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

+1

Excellent suggestion! Especially the part to not disappoint the ones who like it now by making a bonus skin from Phorid while still making the normal ones unique.

4RZBNpR_700wa_0.gif

Csak nem egy Újpest meccs? :D

Btw it is a good suggestion and at least a good variation. Personally I would like more wildlife and as I played dark sector too and saw this creature I could imagine it as a pet and this helminth thingy would have been a good choice to introduce a new looks pet. 

In appearance wise we used kubrow genetics and that grineer body morph thing as helminth charger really a little bit lazy design and should be changed. Btw the phorid appearance is the same so we can use him as a pet? Imagine it and how grandiously would be.

11 hours ago, Ciaus said:

Very good solution. +1

While we are at the skin thing, can we also harvest juggy pieces for a juggernaut skin? I want mah tentacles. 

A Juggernaut skin for the Charger would be cool too at some point, if DE takes this route.

11 hours ago, Myscho said:

I would be happy even with current Charger visual but without grineer parts

DE might as well make a new model if they want to remove the Grineer parts. The Grineer parts seem to take up a fair bit of its form.

On 12/31/2016 at 7:17 PM, ARTRA said:

+1

Why kubrow egg + cyst = Corrputed grinner? WTF. I want a normal infested kubrow thing, nos a thing with a grinneer head and and arm in his back :S thats weird.

Yeah, it makes very little sense for it to have Grineer elements in its design.

I'll repost this image I got from the warframe subreddit. Sure it may have the drahk parts, but in concept I think this would really fit in well. Also, I've been playing this game for over a year but just recently started using the forums, did many people really want an actual lore breaking charger pet like Rebecca said? I only ask because I have yet to see anyone save for a few people who like the current design say this.

FzlC2__7DdqagIgEEvBq3hXtJ_mIU3RJhepFvYApVy8.png?w=1024&s=8e89f4895326cda5b74efcf29a8e9e7f

P.S: Another thing that I dislike about having chargers as a pet at all (even as a skin) is that it'd be nearly impossible to tell them apart from the enemies. And all the people who do want chargers as a pet, isn't that why we have the specters?

Edited by Delta-Epsilon_Limit
Added the post script

On 12/31/2016 at 0:36 AM, EmptyDevil said:

What about the players that like the current Helminth Charger's appearance?

The current appearance can be changed into a craftable skin for the Helminth Charger, that drops from Phorid. DE could give the skin to players that have a Helminth Charger before implementing a change, while all future obtained Helminth Chargers must farm for it.

I seriously doubt DE would allow a farmable skin to happen.

1 hour ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

I seriously doubt DE would allow a farmable skin to happen.

The alternate warframe helmets and weapon skins (dagger axe, etc.) are farmable skins. It's not too far to consider it being farmable in truth.

Very interesting addition this infested pet is.

Though I hope all this is just a place-holder xD

Think about this:

You drain the Cyst which was implanted into your Nidus Warframe by the Orbiter's Biological Functions management room and you "Breed" a Kubrow Egg adding this Cyst to it.

1.- Why does it has to look like a mutated Grineer and not a Kubrow? This infestation has nothing to do with wild infestation so... Where did that Grineer head come from? xD

2.- It acts and sounds (Orbiter only) like a Kubrow though, which is also weird LoL

3.- It has the same Codex image as Sunika Kubrow and one of the two Huras and Sahasa mods.

4.- Can equip Kubrow armor and collar which looks awful and out of place.

5.- It's treated as a Kubrow when Interacted with, which looks totally wrong.

All this makes me think it's actually a place-holder.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, Delta-Epsilon_Limit said:

I'll repost this image I got from the warframe subreddit. Sure it may have the drahk parts, but in concept I think this would really fit in well. Also, I've been playing this game for over a year but just recently started using the forums, did many people really want an actual lore breaking charger pet like Rebecca said? I only ask because I have yet to see anyone save for a few people who like the current design say this.

FzlC2__7DdqagIgEEvBq3hXtJ_mIU3RJhepFvYApVy8.png?w=1024&s=8e89f4895326cda5b74efcf29a8e9e7f

P.S: Another thing that I dislike about having chargers as a pet at all (even as a skin) is that it'd be nearly impossible to tell them apart from the enemies. And all the people who do want chargers as a pet, isn't that why we have the specters?

Some people wanted a pet Charger, but i don't recall seeing it all that often to be honest.

That is a pretty cool mock-up appearance, but i think something more similar to Nidus would make a better default appearance. The Dark Sector Infested pup would be my favorite in terms of a new default appearance. Anatomy seems to fit very well for existing Kubrows.

Yeah, differentiating an enemy Charger from the current pet would be a nuisance in combat.

On 1/1/2017 at 11:52 PM, MiniReaper said:

Warframe0175.jpgP

Plz at least fix it so that armor and other cosmetics don't make them look like this.

I don't even mind that the armor looks bad, I mean you can pull off some interesting looks, with the right color combo the Kuva armor creates some solid nightmare fuel style look, the thing that bugs me is they didn't hide the collar, so you can see it peeking out of the side of your chargers "neck" whenever it moves

6 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Some people wanted a pet Charger, but i don't recall seeing it all that often to be honest.

That is a pretty cool mock-up appearance, but i think something more similar to Nidus would make a better default appearance. The Dark Sector Infested pup would be my favorite in terms of a new default appearance. Anatomy seems to fit very well for existing Kubrows.

Yeah, differentiating an enemy Charger from the current pet would be a nuisance in combat.

+1

Like a lot the idea of an infested pet, and even more an infested kubrow. 

Call it charger, or whatever (not agree Rebecca's post, sound like "that's what you asked for, so don't complain about it"), but totally agree with the fact not having exactly tha same model of a npc enemy. It's terrible to carry it to an infestation mission. Terrible.

So, totally agree (once more) to the idea of creating a proper model of an Infested Kubrow, that fits the incubation, mods, etc. whilst keeping it totally different from Kubrows.

Those are some examples from DA that may serve as an idea of what an infested Kubrow would be (obviously with a more infested look) similar to a hellhound:

Hellhound

http://dusanmarkovic.deviantart.com/art/Hell-Hound-590292643

http://monkey-paw.deviantart.com/art/Hell-Hound-115032614

http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/Cerberus-215948317

BR