Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA Final Word - No Mutagen Drop or Cost change

Ciaus

Just now, zzzNitro said:

No need to be so dramatic it'll be done when it's done.

I'm not being dramatic. I'm just stating my rough calculation based on the rates I got the resource. Honestly speaking, I don't care about Hema. Even if the research somehow is completed today, I won't even craft it. Not interested in using Hema.

10 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

i bought my Hema for platinum, plat that i got from selling 1 riven mod that took me 1 sortie to get... stop complaining, if you want it for your dojo do a group effort or do it like me: decrease your clan size to ghost, use 5k mutagen samples from the 8k you got by playing the game alone for a long time

How about you stop saying anything at all instead?

If you play this game just so you can buy everything doesn't mean that other people are the same. Getting to research and build new weapon, earn it by actually playing some missions and not same boring fissure captures to just farm some plat is one of the biggest aspects in this game and one of the few things to do actually in this game once you completed all quests. 

But that doesn't mean it's 'fine' that if you want to earn it you feel like grinding like a slave for 15 hours - even tho you've been playing for years now and kinda should have at te very least some m samples but the prices are so f up that after playing a game normally you only maybe have about 1k m samples after 2000 hours spent in-game by playing normally (and not spending 90% in OD). To put it into perspective - 9k fieldron samples and 18k detonite ampuls to only 1k mutagen samples. They literally just found  resource that almost no one has stockpile of so everyone will be forced to farm - both to send the message that they do whatever the heck they want and that you should pay from now on if you want something. There's currently no other resource that isn't officially "rare" with such a low amount per player, all other resources people have in thousands and millions after playing it for more than a year.

Edited by -Temp0-

10 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

i bought my Hema for platinum, plat that i got from selling 1 riven mod that took me 1 sortie to get... stop complaining, if you want it for your dojo do a group effort or do it like me: decrease your clan size to ghost, use 5k mutagen samples from the 8k you got by playing the game alone for a long time

There's a really popular joke that has been going around warframe for some time now and reading your post.. I think you might be the cause of it.
"99 Tenno walk into a bar, the 100th tenno pays platinum to bypass the bar and tells the 99 tenno to stop complaining"

8 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

Also if you have that manpower that you just linked, clan/appliances/discord, why aren't you using it to make your case? if they all agree with you it should be easy... right?

I have made a effort to place events to help on farming to gather multiple clans for farming runs. But as a I mentioned earlier, many of the 20+ clans (not including ones in my alliance) are still struggling. Supporting one clan is easy, trying to help the community is a little bit more effort. Thus, I am trying with this.

13 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

i bought my Hema for platinum, plat that i got from selling 1 riven mod that took me 1 sortie to get... stop complaining

So, you're basically telling DE that you approve of their disproportionate grindwall. Because that's what giving them money is doing (and don't say "I didn't pay money for that plat" - someone did, it has to come from somewhere and the source doesn't matter, only that it was removed from circulation in this particular manner).

Edited by DoomFruit

1 hour ago, flapvsjack said:

Supporting one clan is easy, trying to help the community is a little bit more effort.

Sorry mate but the whole argument is that one clan can't get it. As far as community goes that's a sepparate issue of "should everything be available to everyone?" 

8 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

I'm not being dramatic. I'm just stating my rough calculation based on the rates I got the resource. Honestly speaking, I don't care about Hema. Even if the research somehow is completed today, I won't even craft it. Not interested in using Hema.

If that's the case why bother with this thread?

18 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

Refer to this:

On 2017-2-25 at 3:18 PM, Ditto132 said:

Previously, I am being polite by saying things like:
"Those are not solutions but bypasses and exploits, they doesn't fix the issue at all"

But I had enough! Going to let some steam off. :angry:

I been holding this back for months... wanting to respond to statements of such forms:
"Buy booster, get meta squad, go farm. Problem solved"
"Farm primes, sell for plat, buy with plat. Problem solved"
"Reduce clan size. go join other clans. invite more members. Problem solved"

with examples such as:
"No money to pay for your ever increasing rent? Rent will not be reduced. Go be a prostitute. Problem solved"
"Taxes have increased? No point complaining. Go take up another job and work till you drop dead. Problem solved"
"Ducat values reduced? DE not going to honour your Ducats, don't complaining. Go farm more Ducats by farming more Relics to crack open. Problem solved" 

17 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

Here is the thing: some/most clans already researched the hema, some at a very high cost so decreasing the price or increasing the drop would be a slap in their face. It's a strong weapon, it's not supposed to be easy to get for the clan so you can keep fighting windmills or you can get over it... 

On 2017-3-2 at 8:00 PM, Ditto132 said:

It is very unlikely that more than 50% of all clans had their Hema researched, to be honest.

From what I seen so far, @ChuckMaverick and @Flirk2 have been constructive with their posts, backed up with logical explanation, data such as stats, figures and links as proofs.
What most players here are requesting DE to fix the issue, DE suggestions and responses such as go farm with meta squad, it's raining Mutagen Samples doesn't do any good and act only as methods to circumvent the issue instead of fixing it. Just like introducing band-aid mods and Rivens that tries to fix certain weapons, but doesn't really fix the issue and in fact made the issue even more prominent.

Finally, something to let people ponder about and ask yourself:
At what point (resources, time, effort, values) would you start finding it unreasonable to farm/grind/play? Think about it.

13 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

"97 pages" argument is redundant, this page alone is mostly covered by me and mr flapvjack and i am sure several are just like this, you'd have probably 600 ppl at most complaining (which i seriously doubt) out of a pool of 22k that were online today, if there were a poll with "aye reduce the cost" and "ney bugger off" and you'd have at the very least 10k voting for aye then be sure DE would see and reduce the cost, otherwise it's a mute point, not only you don't have the manpower but you don't even have the right argument.

You might not know, but this is not the initial mega thread regarding Hema research.

You might not know how many friends and players stopped playing the game since this issue.
Also, do you know that there are some people who are following on this thread and post when needed.

Please read some of @ChuckMaverick, @Flirk2 and my posts to understand some of the issues and implications that people are facing.

Getting plat and buying the Hema with plat is easy, just like using nuke to "solve" the terrorist problem or any country in conflict.
But what about the consequences and implications?

12 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

How about you stop saying anything at all instead?

If you play this game just so you can buy everything doesn't mean that other people are the same. Getting to research and build new weapon, earn it by actually playing some missions and not same boring fissure captures to just farm some plat is one of the biggest aspects in this game and one of the few things to do actually in this game once you completed all quests. 

But that doesn't mean it's 'fine' that if you want to earn it you feel like grinding like a slave for 15 hours - even tho you've been playing for years now and kinda should have at te very least some m samples but the prices are so f up that after playing a game normally you only maybe have about 1k m samples after 2000 hours spent in-game by playing normally (and not spending 90% in OD). To put it into perspective - 9k fieldron samples and 18k detonite ampuls to only 1k mutagen samples. They literally just found  resource that almost no one has stockpile of so everyone will be forced to farm - both to send the message that they do whatever the heck they want and that you should pay from now on if you want something. There's currently no other resource that isn't officially "rare" with such a low amount per player, all other resources people have in thousands and millions after playing it for more than a year.

how about you learn how to read, as i said before, i bought the hema for plat (because i didn't want to wait 3 days) and done the research which i funded all for myself.

There's a really popular joke that has been going around warframe for some time now and reading your post.. I think you might be the cause of it.
"99 Tenno walk into a bar, the 100th tenno pays platinum to bypass the bar and tells the 99 tenno to stop complaining".Good joke @Navarchus but since platinum is an ingame currency that doesn't necessarily need be bought with money and can be acquired via ingame methods that joke becomes null, i got over 37k plat and i paid 5$ once to buy plat (right when is tarted) so stop complaining

@flapvsjack i ment use that manpower to make your case to DE not to farm for it... just find a way to make a poll buddy, if it really is an issue people will vote for you

@DoomFruit here is some info buddy about plat circulation, when people buy plat it devalues it (increasing the cost of everything) and as far as i've seen if you would have bought a standings augment a few months back it would have been 15p, now it costs 10p (so the value of plat increased from 15p for 25k standings to 10p for 25k standings, this being one example of many) now if you filtrate between the trade chat scammers that sell maiming strike for 700p or trinity prime set for 300p and use multiple sites for a base reference you will notice that general prices go down (meaning the plat value goes up), meaning that less and less plat is in circulation (meaning that not as many ppl are buying as they used to) and one more thing mr DoomFruit, if DE doesn't get some money the game dies so DE has to make it grind and hard to get to encourage those that want to bypass the grind for completition to buy it with plat or money, it is called currency black holes (a way to remove currency from ingame to make people buy more). DE is a company, they need to make a profit to stay alive, the Hema is neither an OP weapon nor a Must Have weapon... not even a niche weapon, it is a "i like how it looks but i'm not gona bother with it too soon, if i can get it sure but if not meh, i don't care unless i am a completitionist and i must have EVERYTHING!!!" weapon

i get that you guys want a small grind instead of a clan grind but just so you know, the ratio of the cost increases by the same multiplier as the clan size

Ghost 10 x1

Shadow 30 x3

Storm 100 x10

Mountain 300 x30

Moon 1000 x100

so if you do the math and divide # of players to cost you will notice that the cost between all is the same and for every 10 people to amount 5k mutagen mass is a 2-3 weeks grind at most (a cost that i actually covered alone for my clan and still had enough left to finish all the other researches and craft whatever else i needed... and i still have around 2k left, an amount i gathered in 35-40ish days of gameplay if you put all my time in game up to the moment i got it head to head without focusing on farming mutagen mass and before smeta kavat was a thing)

edited :tip, hydroid pilfering swarm build for tentacle dmg and min range, nekros health conversion (for ultra tankiness) and atterax with the right build for slash and dmg, atlas for drop augment, and either a speed nova or 800%+ amp octavia (octavia is preffered since it can increase tentacle dmg) in odd can give 200+ mutagen samples in 40 waves of odd if used right (atlas must turn enemies to stone before hydroid tentacle tickles them to death and nekros separates body parts with slash proc), 500 mass is needed for every person to cover their quota, if only 50% of players are active it takes twice as much but that can be countered by using drop chance boost, you can also use smeta kavat and while nekros stays low and kills everything with atterax, the other 3 only gather the mats when they have smeta drop boost... If less than 50% players are active (and the most have quit the game) just kick them out and reduce the clan size... keeping offline people is a waste of spots, its redundant and just dumb, if you don't want to reduce size then recruit people instead.

People complain to much instead of crunching in numbers and see that the workload they have to pull is not that big.

Edited by Ryk_Rengan

49 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

Refer to this:

You might not know, but this is not the initial mega thread regarding Hema research.

You might not know how many friends and players stopped playing the game since this issue.
Also, do you know that there are some people who are following on this thread and post when needed.

Please read some of @ChuckMaverick, @Flirk2 and my posts to understand some of the issues and implications that people are facing.

Getting plat and buying the Hema with plat is easy, just like using nuke to "solve" the terrorist problem or any country in conflict.
But what about the consequences and implications?

ok so

1) that megathread means you have more people to support you, is it enough? seems not

2) if you think about the Hema as you think about the 100 days reward you should be fine with the grind, just playing the game fixes the problem in time, but if lets say 50 people from a clan are offline for 1 year and the other members of the clan get it those 50 people got it for no work (which is not fair thus encouraging clans to refresh their player base)

3) if people quit a game because of 1 single weapon out of a rooster of many (many of which are a lot better than the hema) that only means that they got bored with the game and needed a reason to move on

4) did you just compare buying stuff with plat and supporting a company with nuclear warfare against terrorism? holy molly... last time i've checked DE was not trying to bomb it's player base with exploding cars. I will explain again so you can understand: hema is not an OP wep, it is not a must have to carry all wep, it only looks cool and has a fun gimmick that is not rly that strong to be honest. If people quit the game because they didn't have the patience to farm and get a "meh" weapon that they really wanted but not needed that means they are not part of the dedicated player base that is more inclined to buy plat or prime access for plat... this is a free to play game, not even pay to win (which it would have been if the hema would have been the simulor+tigris prime+ tonkor combined) but DE still needs to make money some way. If you don't like it or the grind of it you don't have to play it so buddy get over it.

Edited by Ryk_Rengan

this is my last post here because i got bored of the laziness this topic inspires and the debates about a mute and redundant point:

i just did a 40 min odd solo with nekros and i got 66 samples (with boost) that's 33 without boost.

Atlas adds 50% drop chance that applies before death loot roll

Hydroid adds 100% drop chance that applies to death loot roll ( so that's 100% from 150%(100% drop mob normally has and 50% from atlas))

Nekros adds 54% drop chance, we will round down to 50% for simplicity, (if you use slash weapons to split bodies you get multiple chances per body) that adds to bodies killed by hydroid and body parts nekros makes from bodies with slash proc on said dead bodies)... atterax with 100% status will split most bodies in 2-3 parts thus multiplying nekros's drop chance boost by 100%-150%,(this will not happen always just when you proc slash)  this being applied after the hydroid killing bonus

so 100% from 150% is 150%, meaning you get 300% chance after atlas and hydroid , 50% from nekros out of 300% is 150% so that is 450% total drop chance without extra body parts, with body parts (we will take minimum body splitting for a minimum limit  so 2 body parts per body if you hit the dead body with 100% status atterax and slash procs(you can maximize the slash chance proc by increasing only slash dmg from the 3) that's 450% per body part with around 90%+ chance of an extra body part 

450%*33 (the amount i got without drop booster, but with atterax and body splinting... any slash weapon will do tbh) is 148ish  mutagen mass in 40 waves per person, that is without drop booster, drop booster chance and/or smeta kavat.

might i add that if you do it with 4 people instead of just one you get more enemies and that adds to the total drop amount, unfortunately i do not have enough friends to test for the difference

and a 800%+ amp octavia will assure that hydroid tentacle has less dmg drop off till wave 40

yes drop chance % stacks to total not base, you can test this for yourselves

Cheers, buh bye and gl farming or complaining, whatever you find easier/faster.

If you'd actually bothered to read through any of the content you'd realize your points are kind of pointless. 

To skip the part where we discuss (forced) meta farming and clan activity for another 15 pages:

It would have been perfeclty fine to put the high costs in crafting the damn thing, not researching it.

Just an example of the many better options that came up every now and then.

No clan scale issues, no need to argue if it's worth the grind or not. 

You could have skipped the need to trigger people, everyone would have his hema (or wouldn't care), this topic wouldn't exist and I could eat pizza that wasn't a tad too long in the oven.

4 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

@flapvsjack i ment use that manpower to make your case to DE not to farm for it... just find a way to make a poll buddy, if it really is an issue people will vote for you

I have made a video specifically showcasing what is needed. Up vote the video & hope for the best. 

3 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

-snip-

DE already admitted that they screwed up. They merely refused to change it for the arbitrary reason of "honouring" players who did the research.

Strangely, this never seemed to cross their mind when they increased the drop chance of other resources or reduced the cost of other items and it never crossed their mind again afterwards as shown in the Pacifism Defect Operation.

Their blatant hypocrisy and their unwillingness to even make a minor change like increasing the drop rates on Eris to the same level as the Derelicts was an insult to many players.

Regarding your calculation: You assume that all enemies are killed by Hydroid and consistently slashed to bits.

This assumes that you don't use a Nova to speed things up, since that would make most of the bodies disappear before they are desecrated. A realistic estimation is much lower than what you are presenting.

With a Nekros and a Hydroid, I got to about 135 samples after 60 minutes of ODD, so let's make that 200 with Atlas involved.

For a Moon Clan where 200 people are actively farming, that means a measly 12.5 hours of nonstop sample farming for all 200 people involved.

Sorry, but for one weapon, that is still rather excessive.

13 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

If that's the case why bother with this thread?

Few reasons.

1. I want the research to be finished.

2. This became a worrying trend of massive grind from DE. People have already complained about Sibear and Knux, but that still slightly tolerable. This is even worse. If a new stuff that require even more ridiculous grind appeared, it could mean more problems.

3. The possibility of a new research that is locked behind Hema is not 0%. That would mean locking out the clans who haven't finished it behind a paywall.

4. This issue has become a dividing ground on how to see DE as a developer. Before, Warframe still has grind, but it was reasonable enough for any player to put some effort. Now, as many people have pointed out, Hema became a mark that new content might require massive amount of time sinked into the game, and that has made people think DE became like other Pay2Win developers and leave the game.

Personally, I still want to have hope for DE, that they still know what has happened, that they still has the best intention in mind. That is why I'm still here.

10 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

This issue has become a dividing ground on how to see DE as a developer. Before, Warframe still has grind, but it was reasonable enough for any player to put some effort. Now, as many people have pointed out, Hema became a mark that new content might require massive amount of time sinked into the game, and that has made people think DE became like other Pay2Win developers and leave the game.

ALright, it's time to stop, DE makes money off of WF just like any other studio, HUGE difference tho, there's no P2W content, you can rush stuff and buy them earlier but a grindwall is not a punishment nor a mechanism to force you to buy.

If X clan has a casual playerbase X clan shouldn't expect the same results as Y clan who's in the same tier but has a primarily active playerbase. 5000 mutagen mass per player is a lot, but it has never been required to get every research right of the oven. That we are accustomed to do that shows that research cost are low and not the other way around.

Please stop victimizing over a perceived punishment. 

1 hour ago, zzzNitro said:

ALright, it's time to stop, DE makes money off of WF just like any other studio, HUGE difference tho, there's no P2W content, you can rush stuff and buy them earlier but a grindwall is not a punishment nor a mechanism to force you to buy.

If X clan has a casual playerbase X clan shouldn't expect the same results as Y clan who's in the same tier but has a primarily active playerbase. 5000 mutagen mass per player is a lot, but it has never been required to get every research right of the oven. That we are accustomed to do that shows that research cost are low and not the other way around.

I'm not saying DE is Pay2Win developer. Far from it. Almost everything (bar Hema) can be gotten by any solo player with just some patience and effort from the corresponding player. What I said is SOME PEOPLE said so, and it's kinda hard to argue when they point at Hema. I could argue to them that Hema is optional, but they could also say that future content could be just as grindy, which I can't promise it won't.

Yes, a casual clan shouldn't expect same results as a hardcore clan. But that doesn't excuse barring them completely like this.

Every research before was made in consideration of solo clans, who find it hard to get people to join him/her. But like you said, Hema punished solo players, who before can make some effort.

Why does DE, or at least, you people, always saying to either get a full clan or rot away? A clan is supposed to be a way to gather, a clear way for new players to be guided by the veterans or for like-minded players to easily get a team. But with you people advocating to either get a full clan or slave away for months, Clans would find it hard to welcome casual who can't play everyday and new players who most likely can't contribute anything for a while.

If what you people wanted is for those solo clans to converge, to combine into several moderately-sized clans, then why can't we get a tool to see what clans are available in-game? Right now there's zero ways to know of any clans unless the members advertise them directly.

39 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

But like you said, Hema punished solo players, who before can make some effort.

That's the opposite of what I said. Literally.

40 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Why does DE, or at least, you people, always saying to either get a full clan or rot away? A clan is supposed to be a way to gather, a clear way for new players to be guided by the veterans or for like-minded players to easily get a team. But with you people advocating to either get a full clan or slave away for months, Clans would find it hard to welcome casual who can't play everyday and new players who most likely can't contribute anything for a while.

Hema can be done by a 40% active ghost clan in 4 weeks, that's 4 players, the same amount of people needed to go full squad. Stop trying to make this bigger than it is, it's not full clan or slave away for months, it's close to 50% active playerbase or downgrade. Hell I would even argue that from 30% or less active playerbase you need to downgrade, above that and it's doable.

43 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

If what you people wanted is for those solo clans to converge, to combine into several moderately-sized clans, then why can't we get a tool to see what clans are available in-game? Right now there's zero ways to know of any clans unless the members advertise them directly.

You are pointing to a different issue. One I agree with, but for the sake of the discussion please stay on topic.

19 hours ago, Ryk_Rengan said:

this is my last post here because i got bored of the laziness this topic inspires and the debates about a mute and redundant point:

i just did a 40 min odd solo with nekros and i got 66 samples (with boost) that's 33 without boost.

Atlas adds 50% drop chance that applies before death loot roll

Hydroid adds 100% drop chance that applies to death loot roll ( so that's 100% from 150%(100% drop mob normally has and 50% from atlas))

DE claimed resource requirements would never be balanced around loot abilities nor boosters.

Farm 500 samples without any of those. Now farm 1000 because most clans are not 100% full and 100% active. Now farm 2500 because your clan is made up of only IRL friends and not all of them are all that active.

3 minutes ago, The_Doc said:

Farm 500 samples without any of those. Now farm 1000 because most clans are not 100% full and 100% active. Now farm 2500 because your clan is made up of only IRL friends and not all of them are all that active.

You are comparig 100% active vs 50% active vs 20% active, up to 1000 samples is still doable and reasonable for each player, 2500 is steep, enough to make you consider downgrading your clan. Which makes sense, why have a clan with less than 30% active playerbase when with those same players you can be 90% full one tier down.

4 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

To be honest, rushing stuff and option to purchase items other than comestics, can be considered P2W.
Personally, the advantages of being able to totally bypass MR requirement, crafting resource acquisition, and crafting time, already deem as P2W.
But due to the game being mainly PvE, players are able to accept it, as long as it is obtainable in-game with reasonable amount of effort and time.

Hema research seems to be a grindwall created to entice players into purchasing the Hema directly. Especially with lot of contradictions and shoddy reasons.

4 hours ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

as if big papa China will let them do that. after all they wanted to use the excuse of date storage for mods of all things to sell us more slots for way too much.

Personally, it defeat the purpose of being indie.
I see Riven mods as a more stable source of income, since it is a P2W factor. It doesn't fix the lesser used weapons, from what I see so far.
I wonder if players who missed out on TennoCon Baro, would be blocked out from certain contents?

1 hour ago, zzzNitro said:

You are comparig 100% active vs 50% active vs 20% active, up to 1000 samples is still doable and reasonable for each player, 2500 is steep, enough to make you consider downgrading your clan. Which makes sense, why have a clan with less than 30% active playerbase when with those same players you can be 90% full one tier down.

10% active Ghost clan is a solo Ghost clan. No option to downgrade.
And nope, not joining other clan, and most likely to be kicked out. I am unable to commit, main reason why I started my solo clan in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

To be honest, rushing stuff and option to purchase items other than comestics, can be considered P2W.

Not really, you can call it that and try to convince people of it, but it's not. Pay to Win means exactly that, by paying you get better stuff, that's not the case here.

5 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

Hema research seems to be a grindwall created to entice players into purchasing the Hema directly.

Or you know, contributing to their clans...

8 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

I see Riven mods as a more stable source of income, since it is a P2W factor. It doesn't fix the lesser used weapons, from what I see so far.

Didn't know Rivens were in market... Also, while meta is hard to diversify there's already more players using weapons because of god rivens.

11 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

10% active Ghost clan is a solo Ghost clan.

You realize that a Solo Clan is an Oximoron, right?

3 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

Doable without any loot enhancers? Downgrading a ghost clan? These are all points that have been made before.