Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA Final Word - No Mutagen Drop or Cost change

Ciaus

Evidence lol 11 v 14

Hey guys I threw a coin 2 weeks ago twice and it was 1 tails and 1 heads, then I threw a coin twice today and it was 2 tails ?? What the hell I think they nerfed coin flip chance, half life 3 confirmed.

I'm starting to think that DE doesn't lock this thread purely for it's comedic value.

11 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Evidence lol 11 v 14

Hey guys I threw a coin 2 weeks ago twice and it was 1 tails and 1 heads, then I threw a coin twice today and it was 2 tails ?? What the hell I think they nerfed coin flip chance, half life 3 confirmed.

I'm starting to think that DE doesn't lock this thread purely for it's comedic value.

I'll quote your whole post just for the sheer unadulterated irrelevance of it.

You just could not show in a more obvious way that you didn't actually bother to read the first 3 lines of text that I put in my post, and started lol-ing right away.

I guess some people are just easily amused?

FYI, if one is looking to confirm a 1% chance with 20% accuracy, 1000 cases is quite enough to do it.

Or, alternatively, you could present some data of your own, that would adhere to stricter set of rules, and would show how drop rate didn't change.

One must argue data with data. Lol-s are much, much less compelling.

On 28.04.2017 at 0:08 AM, zzzNitro said:

That's why I keep failing to see the logic behind complaining about this, it's not mandatory to have every new thing right away. It's fine to keep a secondary or tertiary goal in the background while you do literally all the other stuff to do in game.

This.

8 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

This.

Except when Hema is quite literally the last thing to research in the Dojo, and **NO ONE** wants to go farm the Derelict because no one needs anything from it and we'd rather go spend what little time we have as a group either doing sorties, running other missions, or farming stuff we actually need (like credits, rare resources, and prime parts).

When you are in a small clan and while most everyone is able to make it for the few days when they can play together, not everyone has infinite time to go waste in the derelict to grind out the resources.

tl;dr:

RL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warframe

My clan can't spend infinite time in the derelict because kids, jobs, and other boring adult stuff.  We may complete the research in a few years, but I doubt we will do it before then - Hema just isn't worth the effort.

Edited by Almagnus1

40 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

I'll quote your whole post just for the sheer unadulterated irrelevance of it.

You just could not show in a more obvious way that you didn't actually bother to read the first 3 lines of text that I put in my post, and started lol-ing right away.

I guess some people are just easily amused?

FYI, if one is looking to confirm a 1% chance with 20% accuracy, 1000 cases is quite enough to do it.

Or, alternatively, you could present some data of your own, that would adhere to stricter set of rules, and would show how drop rate didn't change.

One must argue data with data. Lol-s are much, much less compelling.

To be fair, after half year of complaining having a good laugh at "evidence" like that is perfectly understandable. Giving the fact that you are extremely biased when it comes to samples, it's very possible you skipped few on purpose or it's just bad RNG. Will I go to grind now just to prove you wrong ? No, I don't really care about going in circles with you for next few weeks, hardly anyone does from the looks of it including DE. You'd just end up claiming that everything should be balanced around someone solo grinding on wrong node, like you did last time. At this point this thread is nothing more than upvote farm, just say something snarky about DE and boom 5 upvotes from same 5 people.

@Almagnus1

Well what can I say dude, if your ghost clan doesn't have it after half year you guys got only yourself to blame. But there is no requirement for everyone to have everything even if they don't want/don't feel like/don't have time to/refuse to farm for it. If you wan't to focus on RL thats awesome, hell it's more important than some game, but nobody should expect to magically get everything. Also "infinite time farming" is obvious exaggeration, expecially for your ghost clan.

31 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Well what can I say dude, if your ghost clan doesn't have it after half year you guys got only yourself to blame. But there is no requirement for everyone to have everything even if they don't want/don't feel like/don't have time to/refuse to farm for it. If you wan't to focus on RL thats awesome, hell it's more important than some game, but nobody should expect to magically get everything. Also "infinite time farming" is obvious exaggeration, expecially for your ghost clan.

The real problem is that we farmed out the derlict long ago, and getting people back into the derelict is pretty much a non-starter because of other things taking precedence.  We also dumped all the mutagen samples from the derelict farming into the infested lab when we did the research there (as we're sitting on everything but the hema and colors amusingly enough because we don't care enough to fashion frame the dojo XD ).

I mean, if the more active of us only play about 2-3 hours in a night, and we can only get on maybe 3-4 times a week on a good week, is it any real wonder that we aren't there yet especially when sorties are factored into that limited play time?

So the better question: What was the the intent behind the extreme amount of samples required for Hema?

32 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

it's very possible you skipped few on purpose or it's just bad RNG.

Is that so? Well, then there is nothing to say, really.

RNG - the ultimate answer to every problem anyone can have in this game. Forget that RNG is set up by devs, and not given by some deity.

But what's more, if you are willing to assume I somehow managed to ''skip'' picking up mutagen samples while using melee weapon and a sentinel with vacuum mod just to make the numbers look nice...

There is nothing I can say that will make you think, it seems. You made up your mind, and won't listen to anything that doesn't fit into the picture you painted for yourself.

37 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Will I go to grind now just to prove you wrong ? No,

I guess I have my answer. I can only hope people who will read this thread will get it as well.

Basically, you are willing to insinuate I doctor the data I present, but refuse to back those claims up with anything but ''lol''-s.

And I hope it will occur to you at some point that credibility of anything you state as a fact is next to none if you are not willing to back it up with verifiable facts.

43 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

But there is no requirement for everyone to have everything

Ah, the famous ''you want everything day one'' argument.

I will never understand how people can equate a mediocre weapon that's special effects could be somewhat useful only for starting players (when you have ''life strike'' mod and better weapons, that healing on head shots is quite useless) to a long term goal worthy of spending hours upon hours in derelicts.

1 minute ago, Flirk2 said:

There is nothing I can say that will make you think, it seems. You made up your mind, and won't listen to anything that doesn't fit into the picture you painted for yourself.

I guess it also applies to DE, right ?

I guess I have my answer. I can only hope people who will read this thread will get it as well.

Basically, you are willing to insinuate I doctor the data I present, but refuse to back those claims up with anything but ''lol''-s.

And I hope it will occur to you at some point that credibility of anything you state as a fact is next to none if you are not willing to back it up with verifiable facts.

That answer is what ? 11 v 14 proves nothing ? That it might aswell have been 16 v 14 or 14 v 14 ? Because it could have, it's called RNG. Isn't it obvious tiny numbers like this gathered from single run on each side of what you claim to be a nerf prove nothing ? Honestly I liked your ~i'll grind on wrong node and post results~ "proof" more than this. Everything you say should be taken with a grain of salt because you do have clear favorite.

Ah, the famous ''you want everything day one'' argument.

I will never understand how people can equate a mediocre weapon that's special effects could be somewhat useful only for starting players (when you have ''life strike'' mod and better weapons, that healing on head shots is quite useless) to a long term goal worthy of spending hours upon hours in derelicts.

Actually it wasn't it.

You want everything day one is not the same as not everyone is required to obtain absolutely everything.

You really need to find yourself a hobby, other than farming upvotes in this thread.

5 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

That answer is what ? 11 v 14 proves nothing ?

11 samples without boosters before

14 samples with a booster (hence, 7 drops) after.

11 drops in about 1070 kills vs 7 drops in about 1100 kills. If you would bother to check the actual post, you would know.

But why am I even bothering. Of course you won't read the post. Hard to do it while ''lol''-ing...

8 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

You really need to find yourself a hobby, other than farming upvotes in this thread.

I like upvotes like any other person.

But if that was my goal, I would have a twitter, facebook and some other social media accounts.

As it is, I only use this forum and very rarely one other place where there is no upvote or downvote system whatsoever.

But it's really funny you would mention that as an argument in a discussion as to whether or not Hema research requirements are at reasonable level.

2 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

11 samples without boosters before

14 samples with a booster (hence, 7 drops) after.

11 drops in about 1070 kills vs 7 drops in about 1100 kills. If you would bother to check the actual post, you would know.

But why am I even bothering. Of course you won't read the post. Hard to do it while ''lol''-ing...

I'm refering you once again to my flip a coin example. Tiny amounts and RNG, 5/10/15 it's down to luck in your sample size even if someone decides to trust it.

I remember farming neural sensors back in the day, sometimes obtaining 30+ after 20 min survival and sometimes literally 0, then going for semi guaranteed (more often then not at least) jupiter boss ones. I know what you are going to say, bastards nerfed it to 0% drop rate !

I like upvotes like any other person.

But if that was my goal, I would have a twitter, facebook and some other social media accounts.

As it is, I only use this forum and very rarely one other place where there is no upvote or downvote system whatsoever.

But it's really funny you would mention that as an argument in a discussion as to whether or not Hema research requirements are at reasonable level.

Honestly nothing else comes to mind after all this time. Makind Hema farm look way worse than it is has has to be your hobby.

Edited by ViS4GE

23 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

By this logic they must have nerfed the drop rate of anything that I'm currently farming because I got less in more kills than my previous run.

Again, you don't even want the Hema. You want an excuse to complain. This is a prime example. You're such a victim.

4 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Also "infinite time farming" is obvious exaggeration, expecially for your ghost clan.

Mind explaining about this? This is seriously confusing. "Infinite time farming" is an exaggeration. I'm not getting what you're trying to say here.

3 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

You want everything day one is not the same as not everyone is required to obtain absolutely everything.

Yes, I agree, not everyone is required to obtain everything. In fact, nobody is required to obtain everything. Half if not 25% of the weapons available to us already can take us to Sortie-level content no problem. But does that excuse barring people who want to get it casually while having fun?

9 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

I'm refering you once again to my flip a coin example. Tiny amounts and RNG, 5/10/15 it's down to luck in your sample size

Well, forgive me for not having enough life expectancy to get a sample of size big enough for you.

Maybe adding other people's samples to mine, as @Ditto132 did will work? I mean, It's all there already. You said that you will not bother to check it yourself. Why bother disregarding the evidence then?

9 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Honestly nothing else comes to mind after all this time. Makind Hema farm look way worse than it is has has to be your hobby.

No. I just have a severe case of this:

duty_calls.png

9 hours ago, Chipputer said:

By this logic they must have nerfed the drop rate of anything that I'm currently farming because I got less in more kills than my previous run.

You know the difference between logic and numerical evidence?

Seems like you don't.

This is not a feeling. This is not a logical conclusion. This is just a simple drop chance calculation.

9 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Again, you don't even want the Hema. You want an excuse to complain. This is a prime example. You're such a victim.

I'm sorry. But what are you then? I mean, I am complaining to the 100x grind modifier that was introduced with Hema. Because I fear it will be added more and more.

And I'm right in that assumption, seeing as that clan-oriented event had exactly the same ''100xsanity'' grind modifier for the weapon/slot/catalyst combination.

But what is it that compels you to argue that Hema is not that bad?

And what exactly am I exaggerating? 65 to 5000 mutagen samples leap is tiny and insignificant?

Feel free to continue painting me as ''such a victim''. Until you start to actually present valid arguments, I'll continue to see you emotion based accusations as irrelevant.

10 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

To be fair, after half year of complaining having a good laugh at "evidence" like that is perfectly understandable.

Not yet half a year if you are talking about the Hema.
Hema is released in Update 19.5 - The Glast Gambit (22nd December 2016)

Giving the fact that you are extremely biased when it comes to samples, it's very possible you skipped few on purpose or it's just bad RNG.

I hate it when people like to brush things off with statements such as:

• It's just RNG
  • Git Gud
  • Oh you do it on purpose...

Those don't serve much purposes and are not considered constructive feedback/criticism at all.
Most likely just so as to depict the poster as almighty/elitist/pro who could do it and is better than anyone else.
And to cover up for the lack of data/proofs to backup their claim.

Will I go to grind now just to prove you wrong ? No, I don't really care about going in circles with you for next few weeks, hardly anyone does from the looks of it including DE. You'd just end up claiming that everything should be balanced around someone solo grinding on wrong node, like you did last time. At this point this thread is nothing more than upvote farm, just say something snarky about DE and boom 5 upvotes from same 5 people.

It is not just to prove people wrong, it is to provide more data and to assert and to confirm if the claim that @Jorak_Falconstar stated is true.
It is much more convincing to show data/proofs than to dismiss issues by blaming RNG or the people.

I would not be surprised (again) that DE had accidentally or whatever reasons messed up the RNG due to recent update.
Just like how updates for some reasons could break existing working parts such as Codex, droptables, not receiving rewards, mismatching rewards, Archwing Interception giving 15 Endo as reward...

@Almagnus1

Well again, not yet half a year. Players are to blame when they could not overcome unreasonable grindwall that was placed by the developers?

On 2017-5-3 at 1:40 AM, -Temp0- said:

now have 5 000 000 nanospores. And nothing else.

Based on your screenshots:

18 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

lvI11bP.jpg

SQIFV3m.jpg

Mutagen Samples to Nano Spores ratio:
148 : 75,568 => 1 : ~510.6 (5,000 : ~2,552,973)
200 : 105,608 => 1 : 528.04 (5,000 : ~2,640,200)

You would get ~2.5M Nano Spores for 5,000 Mutagen Samples.

Based on @Flirk2 and my screenshots:

13 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

Kills to Mutagen Samples ratio is 
Flirk2 1st image: 1073 : 11 => 1 : ~0.01025
Flirk2 2nd image(with booster): 1133 : 14 => 1 : ~0.01235
My 1st image: 1055 : 15 => 1 : ~0.01422
My 2nd image: 1077 : 27 => 1 : ~0.02507
Kills to Nano Spores ratio is
Flirk2 1st image: 1073 : 7744 => 1 : ~7.22
Flirk2 2nd image(with booster): 1133 : 16800 => 1 : ~14.83
My 1st image: 1055 : 12455 => 1 : ~11.81
My 2nd image: 1077 : 13891 => 1 : ~12.90

Mutagen Samples to Nano Spores ratio:
11 : 7,744 => 1 : 704 (5,000 : 3,520,000)
14 : 16,800 => 1 : 1,200 (5,000 : 6,000,000)
15 : 12,455 => 1 : ~830.33 (5,000 : ~4,151,667)
27 : 13,891 => 1 : ~514.48 (5,000 : ~2,572,407)

We would get around from ~2.5M to ~6M Nano Spores for 5,000 Mutagen Samples.

Hmm... wonder how much Nano Spores would you have if you factored in both booster with meta squad...
With just one booster and no loot frame on solo, could yield 6M Nano Spores for 5,000 Mutagen Samples. LOL.

13 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Except when Hema is quite literally the last thing to research in the Dojo, and **NO ONE** wants to go farm the Derelict because no one needs anything from it and we'd rather go spend what little time we have as a group either doing sorties, running other missions, or farming stuff we actually need (like credits, rare resources, and prime parts).

When you are in a small clan and while most everyone is able to make it for the few days when they can play together, not everyone has infinite time to go waste in the derelict to grind out the resources.

tl;dr:

RL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warframe

My clan can't spend infinite time in the derelict because kids, jobs, and other boring adult stuff.  We may complete the research in a few years, but I doubt we will do it before then - Hema just isn't worth the effort.

You can't do a 30min run a day or like I did with randoms last night a 20min run in survival? Over time they add up. At the moment it is only me and my friend doing it for the clan. We only got a 1000 left.

With the promo codes I plan to knock it out the park this weekend latest. Hasn't mad me angry at all, no butthurt just something to do for a short time when I get on. 

Make it a part-time job and not a full time job. That way you won't get burned out. 

6 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

round and round and round and round

More like, you convinced yourself to be right so you go in circles for half year (imba other guy saying "but it's not half year yet!"). I could take my neural sensor example and then put it on graph demonstrating how they nerfed drop rate to 0% and use that to bash DE and farm some upvotes too.

12 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Mind explaining about this? This is seriously confusing. "Infinite time farming" is an exaggeration. I'm not getting what you're trying to say here.Yes, I agree, not everyone is required to obtain everything. In fact, nobody is required to obtain everything. Half if not 25% of the weapons available to us already can take us to Sortie-level content no problem. But does that excuse barring people who want to get it casually while having fun?

Isn't it obvious that farming 5k samples for his ghost clan wont take "infinite time farming" ? Not everything needs to be obtained casualy.

6 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

I hate it when people like to brush things off with statements such as:

• It's just RNG
  • Git Gud
  • Oh you do it on purpose...

Those don't serve much purposes and are not considered constructive feedback/criticism at all.
Most likely just so as to depict the poster as almighty/elitist/pro who could do it and is better than anyone else.
And to cover up for the lack of data/proofs to backup their claim.

It is not just to prove people wrong, it is to provide more data and to assert and to confirm if the claim that @Jorak_Falconstar stated is true.
It is much more convincing to show data/proofs than to dismiss issues by blaming RNG or the people.

I would not be surprised (again) that DE had accidentally or whatever reasons messed up the RNG due to recent update.
Just like how updates for some reasons could break existing working parts such as Codex, droptables, not receiving rewards, mismatching rewards, Archwing Interception giving 15 Endo as reward...

Well again, not yet half a year. Players are to blame when they could not overcome unreasonable grindwall that was placed by the developers?

What's the point in saying that ? Yes it's not exactly 6 months, but you'll get there and it certainly feels like it. If it was even slightly over 6 months you would be right here saying it's not exactly half year, but half year and 2 days ? You can hate it as much as you want when people rightfully point out that some tiny sample size comparison proves nothing, and is purely down to luck, It wont make it any less true. I got 30 neurals after 1 run and 0 after another I guess it proves existence of RNG. Nobody told you to git gud, but if you won't work for your stuff you won't have it, It's simple as that. Feel free to throw random elitist bull.. at people who are simply tired of never ending complaining led by same few people who live in this thread.

From my personal experience if anything they actually increased drop rate, when I was finishing my pigments in derelict the other day I was genuinely surprised at the amount of samples I've been geting. Or maybe it's RNG ? ^_~

Ultimately it's all irrelevant, people here won't be happy unless samples drop in packs of 1000, or better are delivered in mail while they sit afk on wrong node. 

This is pure comedy.

Edited by ViS4GE

Keep the research cost as it is and make M/FSamples and Ampules drop by faction rather than by planet to avoid the bs 'I can't play where I want to' stuff.

You can only obtain Injector's, Masses and Fieldron's by helping/defeating a specific faction during invasions, and they're primarily used to craft weapons created/infested by those factions, so surely these things are faction produced items lore-wise. The fact that they drop by planet instead of by faction just seems odd to me.

2 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Isn't it obvious that farming 5k samples for his ghost clan wont take "infinite time farming" ? Not everything needs to be obtained casualy.

So what you're saying, is casual players should never get Hema?

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

So what you're saying, is casual players should never get Hema?

I think that's a big part of this.

That and "How DARE DE make something easier for someone else!  They should SUFFER as I have SUFFERED!"

Sometimes DE just screws up, and it's better to give the clans that have already gotten Hema a bonus of some kind (like sticking the extra samples in their bank?) and nerfing the cost, than leaving the mistake for others to suffer through.

5 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

More like, you convinced yourself to be right so you go in circles for half year (imba other guy saying "but it's not half year yet!"). I could take my neural sensor example and then put it on graph demonstrating how they nerfed drop rate to 0% and use that to bash DE and farm some upvotes too.

Could you get anymore exaggerated? 0% and bashing DE...
@Flirk2 could perform Linear regression(AKA best-fit line) on those data(including more additional sample data) to get closer approximation even with those anomalies.

What's the point in saying that ? Yes it's not exactly 6 months, but you'll get there and it certainly feels like it.

Well, you stated:

22 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

To be fair, after half year of complaining having a good laugh at "evidence" like that is perfectly understandable.

which my brain, due to years of experiences with math, logics and programming, interpreted it as such.
"after" -> "beyond"/"over"/"more than"
"half year" -> "half a year"(minor correction) -> "6 months"
"over/more than 6 months" -> "over/more than ~6 months" -> "over/more than 6 months(plus/minus half a month)"(with context and leeways)

code-wise: ">=6 months"

That is why I responded with:

11 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

If it was even slightly over 6 months you would be right here saying it's not exactly half year, but half year and 2 days ?

I wouldn't have pointed it out if it is >= 6 months...

Feel free to throw random elitist bull.. at people who are simply tired of never ending complaining led by same few people who live in this thread.

People are also tired of other people dismissing data and proofs, and not acting logically.

From my personal experience if anything they actually increased drop rate, when I was finishing my pigments in derelict the other day I was genuinely surprised at the amount of samples I've been geting. Or maybe it's RNG ? ^_~

Not sure if they did changed the drop rate.
While farming for Octavia part in ODS with friend and playing with another friend that yet to get it.
The Mutagen Samples obtained were lower than expected, but I dismissed those as anomalies. Like you said, maybe it's RNG.

I checked it out and posted my findings only after @Jorak_Falconstar claimed that droprate seems to be reduced.

Having worked with PRNG(Pseudo Random Number Generator), I am suspicious of the RNG being incorrectly modified due to updates and tweaks when doing optimizations and changes.

@Volinus7 provided some more informations:

On 2017-5-4 at 3:06 AM, Volinus7 said:

Ultimately it's all irrelevant, people here won't be happy unless samples drop in packs of 1000, or better are delivered in mail while they sit afk on wrong node. 

Ultimately, all players wanted is reasonable grind.

This is pure comedy.

Likewise, the Hema research cost is absurd compared to Javlok and Ferrox researches.

Also if the weapon was at least interesting...

instead takes your blood and the bloody ammunition to reload it, so is insult added to damage as it's got no unique mechanic 8and heal on headshot is below patetic...)

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

That and "How DARE DE make something easier for someone else!  They should SUFFER as I have SUFFERED!"

No, what he kept saying is "It's not bad. You just need to take Nekros+Hydroid+Speed Nova+Double booster, run 40-min run a few times, and you'll get it in a few day."