Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your most enjoyable melee weapon?

Fuzzy6682

I'm looking to try out a bunch of different melee weapons.

Which one was the most enjoyable for you?

By enjoyable I guess I could mean fun to attack with and kills easily.

Yes I know there is no "best weapon", but I'm asking what your favorite melee weapon is or what you're using right now.

I'm not really sure what to make next.

Thanks!

Edited by Fuzzy6682

Ack&Brunt Freyarh Skin with Final Harbringer. There's no weapon that's more impressive than this combination as far as animations go. [except Silva&Aegis since it can use the stance as well] The incredible damage, procs and dismemberment are just a bonus. 

Edited by aligatorno

Hirudo is really fun, especially the quick melee. It's heal also enables entire playstyles which is nice. 

Secura Lecta with fury is fun, whippy noises galore. 

Any heavy blade with Cleaving Whirlwind and berserker, like scindo or galatine prime, the lawnmower build. 10/10 would cut enemies down again. 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

After doing a bit of research, I think I may want to try the Orthos Prime next. It looks like a fun weapon.

Quick question, can I just heavily mod my regular Orthos to make it sort of like the Prime version?

The orthos p was my go to weapon for a long time. It has a fast attack speed and a really long reach. I don't think its the funnest melee but it is reliable.

If your still pretty new to the game and still collecting mods the normal orthos will work for now. The Orthos p has better base stats so mods will carry it further than the same mods on the regular orthos would.

Edited by RideaTear

Shaku with Primed Fury and Berserker. Tack on Shattering Impact (permanently reduces enemy armor per-hit). 

I typically run Viral to cut the enemy's health in half during my barrage of strikes. 

The insane melee rate + the shredding of armor makes this weapon useful against any faction. You can stunlock almost anything too

Orthos Prime. 

Decent stats, great range, nice attack speed. Like the description says it takes a bit to get used to the hitbox for the combos, but once you do you can weave a web of death around yourself. 

Add Damen Sugatra and you have a stylish and lethal weapon.

Without a stance it has a very cool combo with far reaching stabs.

Edited by Rakawan