The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

3 minutes ago, The-Aurora said:

This is something you should praise DE for, publicly accepting that they (directors) arent doing the best job with making up their minds, but all I see is more and more shame thrown at them.

You know why? Because even when they say something like this, nothing changes. No matter how often they admit that they screwed something up, nothing changes. Oftentimes not even the thing they screwed up. They'll admit they made a mistake and then they'll make the very same mistake again, like they learned nothing from it.

8 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

If you don't like it, ignore and move on. You're just putting gasoline into the fire.

Even if it stops one person from posting a thread or even better stops them from doing it in future I would call that a success and putting water into the fire.

Edited by The-Aurora

8 minutes ago, Aoden said:

The posts about bailing on missions with Nidus players..

Look what you've done, DE.

Ive seen randos leave soon as they join when they see I'm a nidus! its funny cus you can get it from any frame infected not just nidus.

I know people arn't using their favorite frames atm so they don't get infected.

XD

my frost prime got infected before i even realized that it spread though any infected frame so i mostly gave up caring. and once you breed a charger the cyst comes back.

When somebody I know has sold every frame they had with the infection (even Ember Prime) and rebuilt them, plays solo only right now and refuses to trade at all, there's something to be said. I'm not even completely into the fashion frame stuff but that gigantic pink cyst is bothering me quite a bit.

1 minute ago, The-Aurora said:

Even if it stops one person from posting a thread or even better stops them from doing it in future I would call that a success and putting water into the fire.

It won't.

The people that will read your meta-complaint and actually think about their posting behaviour, aren't the people who would have created spam/rant posts in the first place.

23 minutes ago, czcbibliothekar said:

You know why? Because even when they say something like this, nothing changes. No matter how often they admit that they screwed something up, nothing changes. Oftentimes not even the thing they screwed up. They'll admit they made a mistake and then they'll make the very same mistake again, like they learned nothing from it.

Thats your point of view on the game, in my objective opinion the game has improved from what it was (sometime around rise of the warlords). To give a example operations -> quests, keys -> relics.

Edited by The-Aurora
added text

the BETA excuse strikes again!

a game that has been out for 3+ years, and makes MILLIONS is not in BETA.

They just use it as an excuse if things go wrong. (which due to the lack of enough bug testing it seems, its more common)

Warframe is a living game, there is always going to be updates (and some  bugs) but 'still in Beta' is a poor excuse. it needs a different classification.

they have a habit of putting out half finished mechanics and stuff into the game (then forget about it after a few months) and then all the fan-boys brush of peoples complaints as 'beta'

I personally am not *that* bothered by the cyst now I know it doesn't mess with aliment. but I would like it removed. (as in I have a few chargers now I don't want more so I need a cure now)

Edited by morningstar999

11 minutes ago, Aoden said:

@morningstar999 I've seen it as well on mine. Load into a defense or survival, and some one almost always bails within 30 seconds, the rest extract asap.

Some even have the cyst already, they just leave out of principle/hatred.

nah not seem much hate like that, most people like having a Nidus cus of the boosts he gives and such.

Nidus is the first thing I have legit had great fun with in quite a while.

the grind to get him was tedious, and I hope they increase the drop chance for him (or put it on an earlier rotation as that mission is so easy its just boring.) but I am super happy with nidus and it was worth the boring hours of grind. (and i got my parts pretty easy (still took 5-6 runs) I know people who have had a much harder time of it)

Edited by morningstar999

12 minutes ago, Merleawe said:

When somebody I know has sold every frame they had with the infection (even Ember Prime) and rebuilt them, plays solo only right now and refuses to trade at all, there's something to be said. I'm not even completely into the fashion frame stuff but that gigantic pink cyst is bothering me quite a bit.

This exactly!
Nothing is going to make me get rid of my Hydroid. I love him to bits...
Right now, the only option to avoid this "minor annoyance," is to delete your frames and play solo.
Which I would do, if I didn't run a clan, and utterly refuse to give up my Hydroid for anything.

So I'm stuck with it.
Sure, it could be worse.. it's only a cosmetic thing that infects people.
...Though, if acne was contagious back in high school, most cheerleaders would live inside giant bio-bubbles.

Genital warts is only a cosmetic thing guys, get over it, right? ;)

11 hours ago, ZombieLorde91 said:

This topic is hilariously sad. I know Fashion Frame is end game but if your idea of fun is simply making your infested puppet look good and stand around for hours at the relays... then I hope these things stay on your neck for all eternity. Besides, definition of beauty and fashion are BS.

I'm not a fashion frame player that camps the relays.
My end game is joining lower level games and helping new players out of tough spots.
Now I'm a risk to them.

Imagine how invested you'd get in your new favorite frame, or the community, if you had this purple thing on your neck that another player caused?

You grind for a week to unlock nodes, farm the resources, fight the boss that drops your frame, wait three days... and finally, your frame is imagined.
Then you go into public to enjoy your sleek new ninja, and "BLECH," covered in brown gunk that makes purple things grow off your neck 6/7 days a week forever.

People are going to pay platinum for that? Or grind up against RNG for a week for that?
Players who know this game without the cyst can see past it, sure.. we know DE has fixed at least a few major things that didn't work out.
This is one of those things.

If it bothers you as a player though, it's your responsibility to not be complacent, else this whole game could get the Trinity treatment. Think about it.

12 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Nothing is going to make me get rid of my Hydroid. I love him to bits...
Right now, the only option to avoid this "minor annoyance," is to delete your frames and play solo.
Which I would do, if I didn't run a clan, and utterly refuse to give up my Hydroid for anything.

Difference is that your Hydroid can actually be farmed and you can rebuild him and the entire build. Trying to do that with vaulted items is far more toxic of a burden in the game. Yes, they're going to be putting out a cure at some point in the near future. Near isn't close enough to begin with though.

After the first infection, the cyst shouldn't appear and the door should recognize your previously infected frames as part of the infestation hive. At which point, getting another cyst should work as a requirement of sitting in the chair again. This constant re infection crock of s*** needs to be gone and in the worst way already.

1 minute ago, Megajoule said:

Had one show up on my Frost Prime today, despite having done everything to avoid this "brilliant" new thing short of not playing at all.  Guess that's next, until there's a fix / cure / permanent opt-out.

I am beyond pissed.

You think that's bad, wait until you try getting rid of it only for it to come back and with no player interaction at all. I got that surprise after draining my Nekros and then shelving him for a few days. Come back to go on a mutation sample run with him and apparently space herpes decided to come back with me. Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

i was going to make a long reply then realised there is no point anymore, the community is no longer what it used to be. there is no point to even try fighting it as this S#&$ happens all the time. no matter what everyone will be unhappy, so screw it. i hope the cyst cure costs 200 platnium!

Hooray for pessimism 

13 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

-snip-

So what you are saying is: we can make infested grineer out of kubrow DNA, but we can not make infested kubrow because...? You didn't explain my main problem with this thing. Also by the way you described it, why would the infestation make chargers? Or anything other than Ancients, Moas and Boilers? Those are the strongest infested units, so why bother making crappy cannonfodder units that are completely useless in every way? If they can make anything out from anything, then why does the infestation choose to make a little bit of everything?
Also: why do we need kubrow eggs to make a charger then? We could just take grineer or even a Corpus Crewman from any map and make a charger out of it, right? The infestation just needs something to feed on so it can reform it into infestation, so why do we need specifically a kubrow egg for this?
Another thing: why did we need to get infused with infestation, why did we have to make a cyst out of it and then drain it into the egg? Wouldn't it be enough to just immediately infuse the egg straight away, and skip using ourselves in the process?

See, this is why I said that it's completely non-sense lore-wise.
And biology-wise it's even bigger bs. I studied genetics, and I know that this is a game and the infested doesn't work the same way as genetics on Earth, but you can't just take a giraffe's DNA and make an octopus out of it. The infestation is supposed to absorb the material it gets in touch with - so if it consumes a grineer, then it wil become a charger. If it consumes a MOA, then it can become one of the infested MOA types (there are 2 currently). That's it. A grineer won't become an infested corpus.

Even if the things you said are correct, you can't explain how the grineer armor came to existence within a kubrow egg, infused with an infestation from a warframe's infested tissue.

Edited by ShadowFox14
Typo

DE does staged releases.  This allows players to go through an overall notion of what the entirety of what they have in mind is, they voice their concerns, complaints or compliments on the forums as you all are doing (this is probably the dozenth "worst thing they've ever done").  And they usually take that into consideration when ironing out details, balancing mechanics and so forth.  But, they seem to have a clear image of what they are going for with this.  And that tweet from Steve that was mentioned, also mentioned a cure, as I recall.

In short; Chill.  This isn't any worse than anything they've done before.  It just looks like it, in stage one.

4 hours ago, Acharuli said:

I apologize for my English.
The result of infection, which is on the neck of the other warframes and grows with each passing day, which sticks out from the hair, it's just disgusting sight! For example, I don't want to infect kubrow to get rid of this, and the appearance of infested kubrow is a disgusting. And moreover, it does not warrant that any of the missions, the player controlling Nidus not give again.
I ask you to make changes to the plan of the infection, for example some super boss, which drops any kind of reward can infect or something like that, but not from the players it was. On missions across different mental development of the people, some of them specifically to hurt the team and enjoy it. From this game I no longer enjoy the appearance of the infection added negative experiences and I don't want to play and look at the result of infection, which removed only one way. Unfortunately, due to this update, the players leave the game, and I'm one of them. Until you have introduced adequate changes about the infection Nidus and adequate methods of immunity to the infection, but also fix the infection, until this time I don't play in this game anymore .
Thank you for your attention and hope for a positive solution. If not, then goodbye.

Goodbye .

Ok, so there's something bothering me about the way the Helminth Cyst is set up... basically you inject Nidus and you're contagious while you have one on your neck.

Now the basic question is... why infect other frames at all? Why not just restrict the Helminth Charger to Nidus users and those who have unlocked the infested door if it's just one charger?

My speculation? It's not just one charger. I think DE is planning to make the warframe affect the resulting charger.

Ex. Ember Warframe -> Charger w/ fireball? Short range fireblast?

What do you guys think? (Yeah, it's basically Eevee)