The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relay Destruction

UmbraDestroyer

Hey guys! We know that fomorians can destroy our relays and what happens when Hek destroy all our relays? Do  you want to fugure out what happens? Let the next fomorians destroy our relays!!! 

I think this dstruction will force DE to make rebuild event

Edited by UmbraDestroyer

Just now, Neo_182 said:

Mhm. Don't think it's as simple as just asking that we let them get destroyed. Some will fight to have them remain intact and others won't. 
hehe
If you want to see a relay getting popped, there are videos of that on youtube (such as this one!)

Yeah, that was amazing but really I think that sories and endo statues made a lot of endo for most veteran players and also they already have imperator vandal, that is why we have all chances to reach this goal :)

Considering the event that let the relays get destroyed were scripted, I highly doubt that even if people didn't participate at all that the relay wouldn't get blown up. If they were rebuildable? possibly, but they'd keep a minimum number to keep Baro visits controlled.

...Noooooo, I don't have Imp. Vandal.

Also, dude.  Why do you want all the relays gone?  If anything, that's counterproductive.  And that aside, there's credit rewards for beating the tar out of a Fomorian hard enough.  Even those only in it for the money will destroy one.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

Considering the event that let the relays get destroyed were scripted, I highly doubt that even if people didn't participate at all that the relay wouldn't get blown up. If they were rebuildable? possibly, but they'd keep a minimum number to keep Baro visits controlled.

Fomorian will attack due to new invaion system, and script cannot stop it

Just now, Sintag said:

...Noooooo, I don't have Imp. Vandal.

Also, dude.  Why do you want all the relays gone?  If anything, that's counterproductive.  And that aside, there's credit rewards for beating the tar out of a Fomorian hard enough.  Even those only in it for the money will destroy one.

In case to see what happens :3 I want to see what devs do in this extreme situation.

48 minutes ago, UmbraDestroyer said:

Hey guys! We know that fomorians can destroy our relays and what happens when Hek destroy all our relays? Do  you want to fugure out what happens? Let the next fomorians destroy our relays!!! 

I think this dstruction will force DE to make rebuild event

Your idea sounds like "I don't know how it feels to jump off a cliff, let's all jump off the cliff and compare notes!"

Personally, I don't want to know what'll happen if the Relays are destroyed. Why would you? To force the entire playerbase to go through the same research we had to go through for Hema, only harder, just to rebuild what we already had?

Because, make no mistake, even if they DO give us a rebuild event, it's gonna take bucketloads of resources, especially with people like you saying that 'hey, doesn't matter if we ignore it, we'll get it back because deus ex machina'. In fact, DE would be WELL within their rights to just not give us a rebuild event for years. Why should they? They gave us an out and we purposefully and selfishly chose not to take it.

Want examples of what it could include? Well, assuming we have 100 players (of course we got more REGISTERED players, regardless of how many ACTIVE players we have), it would, bare mininum, require 100 Formas from each player and about 3-4mil ferrite to begin with. Possibly also Argon, rubedo and whatever other resource they feel like getting us. PER PLAYER. Why? Because 'they're resources, you're not using them elsewhere and you didn't do anything to stop the destruction of the relays'. Ergo, we would ALL be punished. Now, calculate for how many people are registered but not playing and we would have to provide several dozen times that amount, each.

So, with all due respect, no. We shouldn't stand by to satisfy the curiosity of 'what'll happen if everything goes wrong? Oh, I know, Deus Ex Machina and we get a way out'.

4 hours ago, UmbraDestroyer said:

It can indeed be scripted to fail if the formorean is incapable of actually killing the relay within a timeframe and DE ends the alert at the end of said timeframe. The Formorean deals damage to the relay at a set pace, so all DE would need to do is set that pace to be slow enough to never completely reach 0 before the alert expires. We have directly seen that pace likewise be tampered and slow down during the attacks on the 3 relays that we have in the event, allowing players to have enough time to kill it off after the point in time where it should have killed the relay. The destruction of ANY of the remaining 3 relays would heavily disrupt the ability for players to get to Baro, and the idea that all of the relays being able to be destroyed is laughable since it would make all of the functions of the relay inaccessible, including 3 quests. DE wouldn't allow that to happen, so it wouldn't be possible.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

7 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

DE makes a new Void relay that requires MR20 to enter, nobody gets to enjoy the subtle company of Baro ever again.

Nah I believe it should be MR 23 and go up each time a non founder/CBT can get the next mastery. We can call it the End Game relay.

Players from all over the system come to show off their epeens with their plat balance above their heads and see who has the best fashion. Also Baro can visit and is guaranteed to bring Grate Prime every 50 visits ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8 hours ago, UmbraDestroyer said:

In case to see what happens :3 I want to see what devs do in this extreme situation.

What the devs will do is .... not have them destroy the relays.

8 hours ago, UmbraDestroyer said:

Yeah, that was amazing but really I think that sories and endo statues made a lot of endo for most veteran players and also they already have imperator vandal, that is why we have all chances to reach this goal :)

They should use this for a quest

EDIT : I talk about the relay explosion scene

Edited by Xgomme
the forum took a random message instead of the one I was quoting...

I would like to have built all of the destroyed relays but withmore options and rooms to make them distuingish. After the map changes the Earth is the beginner map and the Earth relay could be the main because New players begin there so everyone can use It.

I am not afraid how will be used Baro because most of the time he sells cheap stuffs. I Think that if we know which relay he will visit It would be easier to catch him. Also new relays can introduce better npcs whom sells different wares and give us quests.

I would love to see what happens when we let them destroy all relays. I mean, DE surely expects people to participate in the Events and NOT let them get destroyed, and i'm not sure if they have a plan B if we end up without a relay, so that would be fun.

Even though i don't think that they can get destroyed. Yes, we have events for that with fomorians, but lets be honest, even if we don't participate the event the "fomorian health" would still go down as if everybody was participating. If they weren't they would've added challenging events. Like, events where you feel like they really want to destroy the relays, where you feel outnumbered or underpowered, not "rush into the fomorian ship, shoot core couple times, rush out of it, profit".