The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of god, please do something about Mirage + Synoid Simulor

Insizer

I think that I'm not alone in saying this, but please DE, for the love of god and all that is holy, please do something about Mirage + Synoid Simulor. It is damn near cancer to the game. There are many things that can be done: nerf Synoid Simulor, nerf Mirage, make it so that the simulor orbs from a clone cannot combine with those of the other clones and the actual user, make it so that each shot requires a short charge up. I don't particularly care, I just want this issue fixed. It has been the greater part of a year, and nothing has been done at all despite this being one of the most requested and complained about things on the forums. I just want this fixed and have the fix actually work without making the simulor series useless.

Edited by Insizer
spelling

why? is that not the point of the frame? why take away its feature becuase you said so? theres no issue with it, and its pretty good for high dmg, so your saying, cut out her effect? take away the weapon? again... why? you claimed cancer, and that is not a reason at all.

Just now, proxyvirus said:

why? is that not the point of the frame? why take away its feature becuase you said so? theres no issue with it, and its pretty good for high dmg, so your saying, cut out her effect? take away the weapon? again... why? you claimed cancer, and that is not a reason at all.

I believe the general consensus is that it prevents teammates from playing normally in a squad because Mirage can just w+m1 through a mission by creating a constant stream of deadly explosions in front of her while having enemy fire diverted to her clones.

Make limited vortexes out at a time so they have to press alt-ire sometimes (GASP!!) and make the shots fired merge only with the ones fired from that same gun (clone or you). I think that should solve some issues. (maybe add self damage :P)

Edited by Major_Phantom

I think overall Mirage is fine.
Overall the simulor is dumb but not too big. 
It's the interaction between the two.

Whenever I'm struggling with something, I go "screwit" and ezmode it with miragulor. Every time I join a public game below sortie level and there's a simulor mirage, I just meditate and leave at 5. Because there is no point. It's not a game, it's "watch everything on the map disappear before it enters vision while someone uses a click macro and makes a sammich".

simple sollution is to give player ability to set not be matched with certain frame + weapon in public games.

so you could set no to -> to Mirrage + simulor + telos boltace, or any other frame you do not like to play with. just for public matchmaking

should they nerf mirage with the phage, tonkor, tigris, hek, soma, hikou prime with concealed explosives mod, or any of the other 100 ways you can cheese thru missions with minimal effort? people will always find a cheap tactic to use and mirage is designed to be a bit cheesy. in case your not aware the downside is that she is a glass cannon. a few good hits and she goes right down cheese weapon or not. In my humble opinion she works as intended and so does the simulor. its only that OP in low level missions. i have taken mirage and the syniod simulor to sorties of all kinds and trust me its not as overpowered as it feels in regular missions.

just my opinion tho :)

8 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Make limited vortexes out at a time so they have to press alt-ire sometimes (GASP!!) and make the shots fired merge only with the ones fired from that same gun (clone or you). I think that should solve some issues. (maybe add self damage :P)

The first two things should be enough self damage isn´t nessasary

1 minute ago, DERPY_SMOOG said:

should they nerf mirage with the phage, tonkor, tigris, hek, soma, hikou prime with concealed explosives mod, or any of the other 100 ways you can cheese thru missions with minimal effort? people will always find a cheap tactic to use and mirage is designed to be a bit cheesy. in case your not aware the downside is that she is a glass cannon. a few good hits and she goes right down cheese weapon or not. In my humble opinion she works as intended and so does the simulor. its only that OP in low level missions. i have taken mirage and the syniod simulor to sorties of all kinds and trust me its not as overpowered as it feels in regular missions.

The difference between the Simulor and all the weapons you listed is that a) it hasn't got any issues with low clip size and b) it actually creates an explosion in the air rather than on contact with something (especially with Mirage), meaning that you literally don't need to aim to use it. The Tonkor gets a lot of hate but at least you have to frequently reload and land easy direct hits with a non-hitscan weapon. 

Also I definitely wouldn't call her a prominent glass cannon, she can get a bit rekt by explosions but her clones divert enemy fire to them so against standard guns she has a lot more survivability than say Banshee, Nova or even Equinox. 

7 minutes ago, I3jionaa said:

simple sollution is to give player ability to set not be matched with certain frame + weapon in public games.

so you could set no to -> to Mirrage + simulor + telos boltace, or any other frame you do not like to play with. just for public matchmaking

The problem is that not every node has reliable numbers of squads, I'm on the Australia/East Asia server and I sometimes don't even find a single available squad on stuff like Akkad or other popular tiles. I don't know if it's as bad as that in places like America or Europe but I imagine it's safe to say that we don't get the luxury of being able to handpick teammates because beggars can't be choosers.

5 minutes ago, DERPY_SMOOG said:

The issue with synoid simulor + mirage in this case is that you effectively give a weapon that takes 0 aiming to use but with poor multishot interaction a 200% multishot(and simulor-friendly such unlike the mod) from clones which can absolutely wipe the floor with sortie level corpus at the very least.

Mirage is a nice glass cannon choice and should remain such but the fact that her clones lets the simulors bypass their main flaw of reacting poorly to the multishot mod doesn't seem quite right.

Nerf Simulor => What about non-Mirage users ?

Nerf Mirage => What about non-Simulor users ?

Modifying Mirage's clones just to counter its Simulor affinity = removing Mirage completely.

Think before you cry at something please. Just try to think about all the impacts of the so-called "needed" nerf.

Edited by Chewarette

13 minutes ago, DERPY_SMOOG said:

The reason why the OP wants a change isn't because of how OP or not OP mirage is (Even though her Prism Pre-Nerf was completely ridiculous), it's just about the only thing people use on Mirage because it's EZ mode for them, boring EZ mode. Just about as boring as a Resonating Quake Banshee locking down a defense map and killing everything (Sortie Level) just staying in her ultimate ability. See anything similar? That's basically Prism (pre-nerf) with the ability to kill.

Every single Mirage I see in pub always has a simulor. Always. Even in sortie missions I see it, and she thrives there as well. I think Mirage needs to be looked at for a rework, because she's just not a fun frame IMO, only thing her kit has ever endorsed was to cheese to the max.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

7 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Modifying Mirage's clones just to counter its Simulor affinity = removing Mirage completely.

I highly doubt that Mirage would completely die if they changed an interaction she has with just one gun. Every time a Warframe gets nerfed people pop up and say "rip that Warframe they're useless now" etc etc but that never happens, people still play Ash, people still play Trinity, people still play Mag (even though she is frequently mentioned as being underwhelming), people still play Saryn. removing the ability to EZ-mode the game doesn't make people completely abandon a frame, it makes people actually think about how to use them. And raw user numbers don't matter if they're all just using the frame for one dumb strategy and not actually thinking.

8 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

The problem is that not every node has reliable numbers of squads

luxury to not be matched with certain frame could be turned off if thats the problem, or if you thinking that those few squads inside node playing with said mirrage for example.

all simple, its like this or bring nerf bat out :D

Yeah! Lets nerf Simulor Mirage!

Then what? Ignis Ember?

Then what? Spore Saryn?

Then what? Resonating Banshee?

Then what? Sonar Banshee?

Then what? Maim Equinox?

Do you see the problem here? You nerf this one thing, not only are you screwing over people who play either item exclusively or without the other, but you just bring to light other meta strats to clear missions faster. Nerfing Simulor Mirage will do nothing but aggravate the people who use Simulor, or Mirage. 

12 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

If people are only using Mirage's for the Simulor combo it has, (Which almost all of them do) then there's a problem.

This isnt always the case. If somebody chooses to use a frame for one single use, that doesnt always mean there is an issue. I use Frost exclusively for snowglobe in defense missions, is there a problem with Frost? No. 

Edited by armedpoop

Don't know about you guys but I recently got Mirage and Synoid Simulor and I really LOVE them. But I like Mirage as a warframe too. She is fast, she is tricky, she is beautiful and she is deadly... I understand the frustration of having a Mirage+Simulor player in your group for a fissure run as you just run behind her collecting reactants but I do not let it break my game. I have played with embers that the moment they entered the mission started WoF and never stopped it until we extracted. I have been on equinox wreaking havoc on entire maps and getting x3 kills from both my other two team members. No-one complained! I did not complain either when I was the "victim". If I do not like it, I extract on first chance and go back with a fresh team and so on.

Went on a dark sector defense with Mirage+Simulor. At first I was wrecking everything with the simulor but I got bored and thought that my team mates would get bored too, so I switched to melee and had so much fun with it... Then we started going to higher levels, so after wave 15, the simulor was out again... Two times I stopped moving and almost died... She is a glass cannon, that's her deal and I love her for that... I do not think that there is a need for a nerf, just some logical thinking from the player community...