Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didnt understand Damage 3.0 - Help me

(PSN)lhbuch

Question

I probably didnt understand Damage 3.0 intentions. 

Please help me understand.

Before Damage 3.0:

- Lets say we had 10 mods total including serration and a total of 8 slots. The build must include serration and 7 other mods.

Damage 3.0 proposition:

- Serration is removed and included in the weapons damage when it reaches lvl 30. Now we have 9 mods for 8 slots.

So if I understand it correctly, if damage 3.0 removed the mandatiry mods, a wepon could be even more powerful than before? 

How would this encourage people to go for different mods or builds if by the end of the day, most players will just fit more damage mods? 

Aside from weapons that have horrendous specific stats like Sobek 4 seconds reload where people would might use reload mods, most builds would end up been the same anyway. 

What I dont get is why Damage 3.0 would actually diversify the mods somebody would use by removing mandatory mods and why the possibility of not removing them anymore made so many people upset.

Thanks,

13 answers to this question

They aren't removing any mods.

They are looking at scaling/armour and all that jazz instead.

Mods are not being touched.

Not sure if people are upset by that, from what i'm seeing, people seem to be happy they aren't removing them. There may be people on the forum upset but there are always people upset on the forums. 

Edited by Ailissa

The intention was to make damage mods not mandatory, or in other words: situational.
Basically remove them or nerf to the point when you kinda want that damage but its not too much so you actually have a reason to put something utility-wise like recoil decrease, ammo mutation, reload speed etc.

One thing is when you can increase damage by 100%
Completely another if only by 10-20%

Unfortunately they dumped this idea because reasons (was mentioned on a last devstream).
So yeah, mandatory mods are still mandatory.

Edited by Artek94

Forget about this.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-85-overview

Damage 3.0

Our look at Damage 3.0 has changed to focus more on different enemies that require more skill (rather than raw power) to take down. We all know you love to squash minions, and we don’t want to remove that aspect, but rather add more challenge to it with other kinds of foes. There are certain aspects of the existing system that might be changed, but removing mandatory damage Mods does not appear to be our plan for the future.

diversifying Loadouts is only achieved by making Players want to opt away from a Damage choice in order to get something else that is considered useful.
whether that is some Utility for a quirk of a Weapon, unique features that are useful in ways other than direct Damage, or something else - it doesn't truly matter what, as long as Players are sometimes opting away from +Damage to things that are much more interesting. even if it's +Damage that is situational or something, it's still progress.

Mods aren't being touched but enemies are, I guess you could call that a bittersweet victory. IMO you can't rework enemies with out tuning up the mods, so maybe once Damage 3.0 does what ever it's going to do (If it actually becomes an update. I've got this feeling it's gonna mutate into something else.) mods might find themselves on the operating table.

16 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

We Dynasty Warriors now.

Thousands of nameless mooks, a somewhat tough guy here or there, and once in a blue moon a guy that will make you wish you hadn't gotten out of bed.

This comment amuses me more than it should.

Well I think that changing up the enemies COULD lead to some changes in people's builds that could make building weapons at least a little more interesting. The best example of these improvements to enemies that we have right now that aren't just more "grunts" are nullifiers. Here, people may choose to change their builds a little by adding more fire rate to take down nullifier shields more quickly or more accuracy/single shot damage to hit the weakspot (this is an upcoming feature).

Again, builds probably won't be changed that much and there will be many options to take down whatever these improved enemies are, but I thought this was worth mentioning.

21 minutes ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

Well I think that changing up the enemies COULD lead to some changes in people's builds that could make building weapons at least a little more interesting. The best example of these improvements to enemies that we have right now that aren't just more "grunts" are nullifiers. Here, people may choose to change their builds a little by adding more fire rate to take down nullifier shields more quickly or more accuracy/single shot damage to hit the weakspot (this is an upcoming feature).

Again, builds probably won't be changed that much and there will be many options to take down whatever these improved enemies are, but I thought this was worth mentioning.

I wonder if we will get more enemies in the vein of prosecutors, where they will be invulnerable to all but one or two types of damage. 

Some players think removing things like Serration would give utility mods more value but in reality it just means players would pick another Damage mod instead. It hardly improves build diversity either because of the mods we have and the function of the damage system as a whole.

For some Damage 3.0 meant the possibility of fixing a lot of holes in Damage 2.0. Impact / Puncture damage types being far less valued over Slash for instance.

Damage 2.0 has actually been getting worse and worse as time goes on. It seems every time they add something it breaks even further. The damage system and scaling need some serious attention and really it has nothing to do with the mods we use.