The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

Dude is so butt hurt that HIS game style isn't getting a new mod. 

What you should have said is the new mod sucks. PERIOD. 

there is no need to trash talk people because they don't play like you. The way you play isn't THE way to play. It is A way to play. THat is what pepole are after you over not the mod. The mod does suck and is pointless.

Edited by AlabamaHit

2 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Only thing that ever manages to kill my sent is AoE attacks or I get down and everything shoots it, part of their survivability is enemies target you rather than the sent most of the time

And when that starts happening, the regen mod is useless. Instead of dying once during your bleedout (or twice if you have regular regen), it will now die 4 times. Huzzah.

Just now, TheGuyverOne said:

Yes, so you don't even need to max it for the three revives.

Thats fine, not that im gonna buy it anyways, If enemies are tough enough to kill my sentinel 3 revives wont solve anything.

Very disappointed, i was expecting an actual good mod this week...

2 hours ago, Xiusa said:

Seriously it takes not even 2 seconds to grab something off the ground

But it takes your or your pods life when you decide to skim the defense map upon next wave. And you also can't pick up through walls without vacuum. People didn't demand universal vacuum for no reason.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Sorry, yes, 4 times in a row, should be quite a fireworks display indeed.

It should actually give the sentinel a short invulnerability phase like warframes get. It's complete bs to instantly die after revived just because the flamer is roasting so hard. It does now, noice.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Wasn't vacuum made a passive for all Warframes for a little while and then DE caved to sad people on the forums who actively want the game to be less interesting?

I always use a Companion rather than a Sentinel, but it's not all that common to see another player using a Companion in-game. However, the issue is nothing to do with Primed Regen, the issue is that Companions have derpy AI and relatively high upkeep and creation costs.

Edited by Littlerift

9 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

It's a waste of time altogether. If your Sentinel has died, its because the enemies are doing so much damage that healing and all that CAN'T protect it, so it reviving so much is utterly pointless cause it'll just die immediately again.

Generally I ignore Regen completely on my sentinels for a more useful mod. A 3rd Baro in a row wasted.

Pretty much any Baro in the last few months was only duplicates for me. I will take that new mod any day, no matter if it's OP or not.

21 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Sentinels are for players who want to actually play the game, not spend all their time picking crap up off the floor.

This^ argument makes much more sense.

I guess the op considers "gameplay" searching the floor for items instead of focusing on enemies.

2 minutes ago, AlabamaHit said:

Dude is so butt hurt that HIS game style isn't getting a new mod. 

What you should have said is the new mod sucks. PERIOD. 

there is no need to trash talk people because they don't play like you. The way you play isn't THE way to play. It is A way to play. THat is what pepole are after you over not the mod. The mod does suck and is pointless.

Except if i say "The new mod sucks" people might try and say it doesn't... when it sucks 

Just now, Skaleek said:

And when that starts happening, the regen mod is useless. Instead of dying once during your bleedout (or twice if you have regular regen), it will now die 4 times. Huzzah.

and at that point most frames aren't surviving much more than 1 shot either, sents don't need to be more survivable than frames and grineer are the only faction with hitscan weapons so having the weakness of not being able to evade shots seems fair enough.

So Primed Regen. Why DE, why can't kubrows and kavat a get more utilities and give sentinels more armor/health. This mod will not save Wyrm Prime for example in a sortie mission. I do not understand the logic behind this primed mod.

EDIT: This is not a salty "this mod sucks thread", this is a legitimate post creating discussion of why is this mod even a thing. 

Sentinels need to be given stat changes across the board, and kavats need to get interesting utility mods. Vacuum should be a COMPANION mod and be UNIVERSAL. We still havnt seen Universal Vacuum yet, and it is concerning that Primed Regen is the solution to balance. IT IS NOT!

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

This was missed out of the latest patch notes for PC.

It's now been corrected and makes the new mod have a whole new level to it.

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

Ok, so now this is confirmed a band aid (@AbhijitSM) for sentinel survivability....

Edited by -Voltage-

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

But it takes your or your pods life when you decide to skim the defense map upon next wave. And you also can't pick up through walls without vacuum. People didn't demand universal vacuum for no reason.

It should actually give the sentinel a short invulnerability phase like warframes get. It's complete bs to instantly die after revived just because the flamer is roasting so hard.

That's why I keep my Kubrow alive and not let it die. Also I don't care about vacuum it means nothing to me. It's terrible and it should have been removed entirely IMO so don't bother bringing it up

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

and at that point most frames aren't surviving much more than 1 shot either, sents don't need to be more survivable than frames and grineer are the only faction with hitscan weapons so having the weakness of not being able to evade shots seems fair enough.

The point is this primed mod is useless. As soon as you NEED the mod its already useless. Thats the point. There's no middleground.

1 minute ago, Tizodd said:

This^ argument makes much more sense.

I guess the op considers "gameplay" searching the floor for items instead of focusing on enemies.

No I consider gameplay PLAYING not  stand still and loot comes to you as you spam simulor somewhere

6 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I guess the real synergy here is with Spare Parts mod lmfao

I didn't think about that, but does spare parts proc off regen? I thought that it just put the sentinels HP back up to X amount.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Kuulpb said:

No I consider gameplay PLAYING not  stand still and loot comes to you as you spam simulor somewhere

You know what they say about assuming?

I rarely use the simulor...and only in solo runs because I know it can ruin other players' experience.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

That's half the cost, which is great.

How much is that? 25k endo and a almost a million credits, to reach rank 9? For a mod that only adds 2 more revives, an upgraded version of a common mod that is comparatively a lot cheaper to max rank. Is this the Endo version of the Hema research?

1 minute ago, Kuulpb said:

I consider gameplay to be playing the game too, not being a space-ninja that talks awkward detours on the route to placing a sword in somebody's face in order to pick up a bundle of circuits. Vacuum should be universal for all Warframes.