The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY frost prime set are gettin cheaper by the minutes??

Estarossa1

7 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Yea its ironic that 2 of the better frames IMO are worth nothing. I have frost and ember and rarely touch them. Frost only looks cool now. Ember prime was basically mastery fodder for me, I'll never touch her again.

Yeah that bothers the hell out of me.  Frost is a great frame for defense missions, and his other skills offer CC options.

Ember.......  Well....  Not a huge fan of her unless I'm speed farming low tier relics.

Volt and Trinity are infinitely more viable in endgame content since their skills scale better.  Trinity's skills actually scale perfectly, since they don't rely on damage.  Volt has his shields, stun, and speed boost that don't rely on damage (though the stun can cause massive damage against lower level enemies).

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the excessive demand for certain frames, while others are completely undervalued.

9 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Not at all, " 2 of the better frames " Just places them up there with the other better frames. Dont be placing words. According to my profile frost is my most played frame. Its because its easy mode and when I want to be lazy and hug a defensive position Its easy to play him. He is certainly not my favorite or the best. He is probably the most boring, I have much more fun with Volt. Frost is good to look at though with the new skin.

then go play with rhino. take his steel charge augment and shrapnell too. make over 60k armor and chill your life till endgame xD

5 hours ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

Yeah that bothers the hell out of me.  Frost is a great frame for defense missions, and his other skills offer CC options.

Ember.......  Well....  Not a huge fan of her unless I'm speed farming low tier relics.

Volt and Trinity are infinitely more viable in endgame content since their skills scale better.  Trinity's skills actually scale perfectly, since they don't rely on damage.  Volt has his shields, stun, and speed boost that don't rely on damage (though the stun can cause massive damage against lower level enemies).

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the excessive demand for certain frames, while others are completely undervalued.

thats cus people want every frame they can get, therefore essentially making every frame just as desired. volt and trin doesnt have rare parts, therefore theyre easiest to get. which also makes them cheapest as well.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)TomTheImperator said:

be patient, it only goes to 600 after a loooong time. and right after it being vaulted? TONS of people have sets still

...and relics too.
I have 2 sets, and about 3 more potential sets in relics. Same goes for ember.
Time will take care of it. And i believe ember will cost ~2k plats near the end of this year. Because....Ember Prime..you know.
Also, report if someone is underpricing it, and trying to scam you. They wont get far with it.

39 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

thats cus people want every frame they can get, therefore essentially making every frame just as desired. volt and trin doesnt have rare parts, therefore theyre easiest to get. which also makes them cheapest as well.

Vauban, with every part being rare, sells for less than some other frames.  Also, volt parts are all silver tier relic rewards, they aren't common either.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

Vauban, with every part being rare, sells for less than some other frames.  Also, volt parts are all silver tier relic rewards, they aren't common either.

Well I think its because of the cost it takes to make him.

Yup rarity = value. With him and ember having been just unvaulted there is a lot of sets out there. I think I have 5 or maybe even 8 right now. It's how it has always been. You either sell them now and get what you can or wait for the influx to wane and get more.

Get back to farming if you want 500 right now. It's gonna be a bit (or just pray for a riven and do the kuva shuffle).

The reason prices are low even after Frost and Ember Prime have returned to the Vault is because a good number of players spent the time farming only for relics instead of running relics for parts. Now that the Vault is closed, those players are now running their farmed relics for parts, which puts more supply into circulation, keeping prices from rising.

Due to the fact that relics persist after the Vault closes, you can expect prices to increase far more slowly for any vaulted Prime that has been in circulation concurrently with the relic system compared to vaulted Primes that have not yet appeared in relics.

8 hours ago, ARHYST said:

...and relics too.
Time will take care of it. And i believe ember will cost ~2k plats near the end of this year. Because....Ember Prime..you know.
Also, report if someone is underpricing it, and trying to scam you. They wont get far with it.

You can't report someone for low balling...

16 hours ago, ARHYST said:

...and relics too.

That doesn't even make any sense.

20 hours ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

vauban doesnt sell less than any of the frames cept valkyr and vaulted ones. and silver parts drop like candy, only rare drops are something. and vauban isnt all that great imo. nyx has better cc which is all vauban has in the first place.

Edited by Zeclem

Prices are pretty much indirectly controlled by warframe market. Everyone go there to see the cheapest price. 

So if frost is selling at 200p there, your frost won't be able to sell at 400p.

So when people at warframe market purposely lower prices.... then you are farked. lol

The people that really wanted Frost have already got him.

You'll find those that missed out but with so many people having spare sets now you won't be able to get top plat for a long time.

I don't why you thought the price would instantly jump again, that's never been how it works.

On January 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Estarossa1 said:

So i thought that after getting vaulted frost prime sets would be selling for at least 600 plat?  i have a set and i want to sell it and it baffles me to see that people want to buy it for 200 or 300 even got someone trying to buy it off me for 100 lol...i need at least 400 plats right now so i can buy ash and trinity's deluxe skin so imagine my dismay when people on region chat told me i will have to wait months to see the price go up ? ...... 

Supply and Demand.  The people willing and able to pay higher play prices have done so.

As a fraction of the new players become established and decide to make the long-term investment in the game, you will see your chance to flip a frost prime for big money increase...a little.

The problem is that you will still have sellers waiting to move them for cheap.

Either move it now or wait a long time.

On 16/1/2017 at 9:51 PM, Estarossa1 said:

So i thought that after getting vaulted frost prime sets would be selling for at least 600 plat?  i have a set and i want to sell it and it baffles me to see that people want to buy it for 200 or 300 even got someone trying to buy it off me for 100 lol...i need at least 400 plats right now so i can buy ash and trinity's deluxe skin so imagine my dismay when people on region chat told me i will have to wait months to see the price go up ? ...... 

Don't question about market prices ever. If no one likes your offer, let 'em rot/go in their stews.

Tigris prime: pretty damn good weapon, isn't it? It's something that even your granpa wants to play with. You think it's expensive as hell? No, it's the exact opposite instead,
You'd gain MUCH more to sell the parts for ducats and sell what you got from Baro, except for the blueprint. Most of the pieces are uncommon wich are solds for 45 ducats

In short, there's this https://warframe.market/ thing that everyone is praising like the ultimate truth & God that can't be doubted and if you're selling something at more than 10plats of the cheaper seller that's in there atm, you automatically become a filthy scammer that doesn't know anything about trading. And to them I say: go stay there and don't bother the trade chat ever (since you're actually the scammer that is trying to get a tigris prime barrel for 2 plats instead of like, what? 5-7? Jeez...)

20 minutes ago, RyuGold said:

In short, there's this https://warframe.market/ thing that everyone is praising like the ultimate truth & God that can't be doubted and if you're selling something at more than 10plats of the cheaper seller that's in there atm, you automatically become a filthy scammer that doesn't know anything about trading. And to them I say: go stay there and don't bother the trade chat ever (since you're actually the scammer that is trying to get a tigris prime barrel for 2 plats instead of like, what? 5-7? Jeez...)

Warframe market is so stupid. And people who use that as a baseline are even worse. At best those prices are estimates. And wanted to show an example of how stupid people will believe Warframe market.

I been buying sculpture 5p each. And ya I get alot of the cheaper ones but after buying 100 I ended up getting pretty even amount of all thesculptures. Some guy messages me "10p for 2700 endo" I said "nty" then he was going on and saying "I checked Warframe market it's this price blah blah blah. Then I said "sorry bud there's plenty of people selling them for 5p each why would I pay more then 5. It's not worth it. I can buy 2 1500 sculptures and have 3k endo. Or your one for 10p and have 2700" then he continued to say that makes no sense and I'm ripping people off. Like how I'm not forcing you to trade. Every time I post I have more then 2people hit me up so there's definitely no shortage of people selling them. 

If anything should ever get shut down it should be Warframe market to many people use this who don't understand open trade market/economy

10 hours ago, Zeclem said:

vauban doesnt sell less than any of the frames cept valkyr and vaulted ones. and silver parts drop like candy, only rare drops are something. and vauban isnt all that great imo. nyx has better cc which is all vauban has in the first place.

Nyx has better general CC.  Vauban locks down an area better than any other frame.  

Edited by (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke

On 16.01.2017 at 9:55 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Supply and Demand. Markets Saturated. I'm sitting on Loki Set. When he was vaulted 100p if not lower. Now 400p's are starting show up for asking prices. Supply is getting sparse.

On polish server someone wanted 275 plat for Loki Prime set...