Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are enemy spawns so painfully low in solo?

I've wanted such a toggle for quite some time.  It would benefit nearly everyone, I think, simply because players capable of killing everything themselves in a 4 man group could play solo without reducing their spawns and thus reward, which means less players steamrolling content and boring other players.

I'd love a toggle ability, or even just a permanent item/insignia that we could equip - "Transference Amplifier" or something - that would increase the number of spawns in a solo mission.

Also, thread title should have been "Why are enemy spawns in solo so low?"

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Could be brutal to newer players still ranking up their frames and mods.

Making spawns scale with MR would solve that and give an added benefit to mastery.

then you have an issue where a high MR player could overwhelm new players, I think it's best as a toggle or consumable item.

3 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

then you have an issue where a high MR player could overwhelm new players, I think it's best as a toggle or consumable item.

It could still cap at the current numbers for a full squad, just if you run with a less than full squad or solo your MR could close that gap a bit.

i played assur (uranus), the surrvival mission, and that place is soooooooooooooo crowded. yet it has a high spawn rate...

my preference when farming a resources, especially dark sectors with survival missions...

(except the derelict (survival), where it will eventually increase the spawn rate)

Edited by Primbone

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Could be brutal to newer players still ranking up their frames and mods.

Making spawns scale with MR would solve that and give an added benefit to mastery.

Just keep the same spawn rate as it is today for "Solo", and increase it for "Invite only", "Friends only" and "Online" then.

The problems everyone is having with this idea could be easily solved with a toggle. Next to or after clicking 'SOLO' for matchmaking, there could be a dialogue that let you choose spawn numbers from 1-4 or 1-8 or something. Then you just click say "4" and get a 4 person survival mission to go solo. 
EZ. 

DE PLS MAEK DIS GUD FEATURE HAPPEN!

I agree, having a toggle or option before the match starts to choose spawn rates would be ideal.

I like to plow through mobs, I won't deny that, I love the power but having more mobs to plow through would be great.

Newer players could go in with regular spawns while "older" players could choose from a set of spawn rules. From having more mob spawns to higher level spawns or both.

That way, those of us just looking to play for fun can still do so and those looking for more of a challenge can do that also. It's a win/win for everyone. 

There is a slight downside to these suggestions, although it may be worth suffering it regardless.

Every time you introduce more options for missions, you further divide the population for matchmaking purposes, meaning it takes longer or makes it harder to get a full group.

Even if you run solo, if you're doing that because of the new mechanic when previously you would have run public, you're still diluting the matchmaking options.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Even if you run solo, if you're doing that because of the new mechanic when previously you would have run public, you're still diluting the matchmaking options.

However particularly for AoE loadouts that's not necessarily a bad thing. If I run my 255% str avalanche frost on Draco survival to farm cells and players come in with anything that has less immediate AoE 4K damage nonsense it's not gonna be a fun run for them at all. 

Also for nodes and missions like sorties and whatever that can present a challenge, you want more players anyway sometimes. 

Matching with others shouldn't be forced, because then you get people making sandwiches on Akkad while someone's fine-tuned AoE damage frame gets 85% of the kills. 

I think having recruiting and region chat be slightly more integrated somehow, make a player aware of who they can squad with specifically, could reduce nodes emptying up? 

14 hours ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

It's incredibly annoying to go into a survival and either, deal with the default single player spawns, or have teammates running around killing their share of the enemies. Just let me play every mission with enough enemies for 8 players.

So you can't solo focus farm or grind at a reasonable pace

yeah. sometimes i just want to wipe the map and see lovely affinity numbers all over the screen.

However, to do that, I basically have to make the game less fun for my squadmates.
My favorite frame is Chroma, and I usually end up sitting around in front of the 1-3 enemies that spawn around me just to charge up my armor.....it's so boring. I'd love to play solo so that I can go at my own pace with the amount of spawns that fit my playstyle

A toggle on spawn rate would be absolutely amazing. Even if it's some sort of slider in the options ("Enemy spawn rate in solo mode: 0-4")

Edited by (PS4)SupeBoss