Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regrets and some discourse

Kereler

So like my thread yesterday that got some attention, I bought around 1000 plat yesterday. Now, I've been planning on saving these for a rainy day, when allies and resources are scarce, for important things such as warframe slots, weapon slots and so on. However, my friend has suggested I spend a few hundred on buying Orokin catalysts/reactors and some forma. So the question I'd like to pose is, if you have bought plat, were buying the catalysts/reactors, along with the forma, worth it? And if you also bought something else, what did you buy?

Also a community effort, here's a thread where we can all have a bit of fun. What were things that you wished you had known about beforehand or at least earlier on when you started this game and were just a mere noob, in a ocean filled with noobs, fighting and struggling to survive?

Here's mine:

Pouring must of my hard-earned early-game credits and endo into a damaged mod and being told that I had basically just wasted all of it.

Not starting my Syndicates until I was nearly MR6

Buying an MK-1 Paris.

Buying Rhino on my first day with a 20% coupon because I had no information from in game on where frames can be optioned from... Thankfully I trade a lot now, so I no longer regret my decision because it helped shape how I view the market aka a scam for new players. 

There's plenty of free forma in relics, and plenty of catalyst and reactors from the gifts of the Lotus alone. Although at the very begging I guess you could buy maybe 3 catalysts and 3 reactors just to get you going. 

The thing I regret doing:

I'm not completely sure about this, but I had a level 7 Steel Charge and then they got removed from the game and replaced with a Legendary Core. This was during the time that Legendary Cores looked very Similar to Uncommon Cores, so my guess is that I wasted it upgrading a low level mod. 

I bought a lot of warframes and weapons with plats.

One mistake I'm still doing on a regular basis, to sell weapons I never use. Just to discover days later they are needed to craft other weapons. Goddamnit

For your question : Don't buy formas. You'll be drowning in them. Also don't buy Catalysts/Reactor directly in the market. If you want to Reactor one frame, just do it directly from the Arsenal. You won't waste any that way.

Edited by Chewarette

Depends on what you want buddy we can't tell ya how to spend your platinum. 

It depends on what you value your platinums worth.

My brother and i own everything in the store. So we value forma x3 packs alot just to forma weapons for something to level. Plus to see what we can do with things.

As well as ship decor because Fashionship is suuuuuuper fun.😂

No regrets when it comes to Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

Don't buy forma, it's too easy to get the bp's via relics. Buy catalysts for your favorite Warframes and spend the rest on slots and cosmetics.  

To touch on this. Don't rush forma. I can seem hard not to do it, but that S#&$ adds up.

I don't remember anything stupid I would have done in my early game, but my greatest regret is not to have discovered Warframe earlier, when things that are no longer available were common place. More recently, I regret not putting more effort into farming Ember Prime and Frost Prime. I had to buy Ember's BP for 350 plats because I couldn't drop it in time. Got luckier for Frost though.

As for your plats... it would depend on where you are in the game. If you're a new player, I would highly recommend you to buy catalysts and reactors, and save the rest for frames and weapons slots, as you said yourself. Don't buy formas, you won't really need them until later in the game, and you will be able to farm them.

The credits and endo you spent on your damaged mods isn't wasted ; early on, you don't have the real versions of these mods, but you still need what they have to offer. Besides, they'll make credits and endo farming much easier.

Buying an Mk-1 Paris isn't totally a bad thing either, you'll need the mastery points anyway to rank up, even if Mk-1 weapons give less MP than regular weapons.

1 hour ago, Kereler said:

So like my thread yesterday that got some attention, I bought around 1000 plat yesterday. Now, I've been planning on saving these for a rainy day, when allies and resources are scarce, for important things such as warframe slots, weapon slots and so on. However, my friend has suggested I spend a few hundred on buying Orokin catalysts/reactors and some forma. So the question I'd like to pose is, if you have bought plat, were buying the catalysts/reactors, along with the forma, worth it? And if you also bought something else, what did you buy?

1000p is a lot of plat.  Way more than you would ever need just buying slots and such.  Anyone telling you to spend it all on that stuff has never actually had 1000p all at once.

Forma, catalysts and slots are necessary, but don't buy them until you need them.  If you are playing the game normally and selling off extra prime sets and syndicate stuff periodically it should more than cover your needs.

Buy the prime parts you are missing for weapons and frames.  

Buy frames from the marketplace to skip tough grinds (wait until you get a coupon.)  I bought Ivara.  She takes by far the most grinding on average and there isn't even a quest for her so you aren't missing any lore.  

Buy Riven mods for weapons you want to build up.  That's what I do with my platinum now that i own jearly everything.  It's made my go to guns even more powerful, let me be ready for bow and sniper only sortie, and led me to play around with guns I never would have given a second look.

I've done some stupid stuff, like selling off weapons before I checked to see if they were needed to craft other stuff, buying the Orokin Cell blueprint for 100p, and not realizing that I was missing 5 MK1 weapons until after I had ground my way up to max rank.  

My biggest regret is not getting Machete when I had the chance.  I was a noob when the event came out and none of my friends wanted to help me get it.  "Its stats are trash, you don't want it."  It's now one of only four weapons I'm missing.

Making Forma are easy. Almost every Lith Relic has a forma bp as a possible reward. If your going to buy cats/reacts,do so for frames you are going to play. Cats/reacts bp alerts are usually up every Friday "Gift of the Lotus " Buy warframe slots as you need them. Keep only weapons you are going to use/or like. Keep 2 free weapon slots to claim weapons you are going lvl up then sell. I suggest you keep all warframes.

Im mastery rank 22 with 2000+ hours played,I regret nothing. Warframe is a great game with an amazing community.

Edited by (XB1)DayBringer001

were buying the catalysts/reactors, along with the forma, worth it?

Potatoes, yes.

Forma, no.

Forma is easy to get through relics. I have a nice pile of them that way and stock up every now and then. Potatoes I never have enough of and the alerts/invasions for them are too few and far between to be a reliable source.

Slots are the best thing to save for. I have every basic frame and a few of the primes so keep needing more slots.

My regrets though .... buying Syandana's and armour with platinum. I can't spend a lot of money on platinum. Due to my gaming habit and having my own family, spending money on one game constantly is out of the question. I have bought a bit when I got a discount though. As I don't use trade it's the only platinum I had.

People talk about fashionframe so I wanted to give it a try and spent a chunk of what little platinum I had on some of the armour and Syandana's. I truly wish I hadn't. I'm now nearly out of plat with a lack of potatoes and slots, there are parts for a couple of primes I need that I can't seem to get to drop (and i've tries, oh how i've tried) but because I wasted my plat I can't afford them when clan members offer to sell them to me.

I say wasted because I mainly use the prisma stuff i've got from Baro. I threw away between 500 and 600 platinum that I could really use now.

Moral of the story? What seems like a good idea one day may not be a few weeks later. Think before you buy folks.

1 minute ago, Ailissa said:

Potatoes, yes.

Forma, no.

Forma is easy to get through relics. I have a nice pile of them that way and stock up every now and then. Potatoes I never have enough of and the alerts/invasions for them are too few and far between to be a reliable source.

Slots are the best thing to save for. I have every basic frame and a few of the primes so keep needing more slots.

My regrets though .... buying Syandana's and armour with platinum. I can't spend a lot of money on platinum. Due to my gaming habit and having my own family, spending money on one game constantly is out of the question. I have bought a bit when I got a discount though. As I don't use trade it's the only platinum I had.

People talk about fashionframe so I wanted to give it a try and spent a chunk of what little platinum I had on some of the armour and Syandana's. I truly wish I hadn't. I'm now nearly out of plat with a lack of potatoes and slots, there are parts for a couple of primes I need that I can't seem to get to drop (and i've tries, oh how i've tried) but because I wasted my plat I can't afford them when clan members offer to sell them to me.

I say wasted because I mainly use the prisma stuff i've got from Baro. I threw away between 500 and 600 platinum that I could really use now.

Moral of the story? What seems like a good idea one day may not be a few weeks later. Think before you buy folks.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I think the reason though that forma seems to be both for plat is because they're annoying to craft since they each take twenty four hours.

So the question I'd like to pose is, if you have bought plat, were buying the catalysts/reactors, along with the forma, worth it? And if you also bought something else, what did you buy?

I spend plat on catalyst for weapons I like. 

Exilus Adapter is something I tend to buy because it needs two forma to build.

Occasionally I buy forma but only in a 3 pack. That only happens when I got a time limited affinity booster and I want to forma a weapon multiple times over. 35p for three forma is quite cheap.

Edited by k05h