The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime accessories on tennogen skins need a toggle (not removal)

PerishedFraud

I'd just like to clarify something.

Many skins, mostly Tennogen, simply don't work with the prime accessories worn by the frames. (for example Valkyr Prime's "clothes" that are maintained on the Tennogen skins, and ruin them).

Developers have stated that this will not be the case anymore, and that an update is coming soon.

But the solution definitely shouldn't be removal. I write this now, before any change is even done, in hopes that someone will see and remember it.

There are many frames where the prime bits work perfectly with skins! (For example Nyx Prime's golden plating, which looks amazing on her skins!).

So with that said, I sincerely hope that we will have a choice when the update in question hits. Please :>

12 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

DE are going with removal, they have already said its not as easy as people make it sound for them to create a toggle.

While it would be best of both worlds to include a toggle, it unfortunately isn't happening.

So feedback in the feedback section is useless?

Amazing. 

You know, if people show enough interest, wouldn't it mean that the effort would pay off? (think about prime/skin sales too btw).

Edited by BeeOverlord

13 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

DE are going with removal, they have already said its not as easy as people make it sound for them to create a toggle.

While it would be best of both worlds to include a toggle, it unfortunately isn't happening.

If make a toggle option is hard,they can do 2 skins packed in one (one with prime bits and one without).
The basic skin can have his base name and the prime version the "prime" suffix.
As example, "Nova Visage" and "Nova Visage prime".

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

If make a toggle option is hard,they can do 2 skins packed in one (one with prime bits and one without).

A  great, albeit cluttered idea.

22 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

You should say it's not happening "yet". It could always come in the future when they feel it's worth taking the time and manpower to code it in. This is unfortunately going to get under a lot of people's skin that bought these tennogen items because of how they pair with a prime's appearance. It's the same as making an extreme alteration to any other cosmetic even though it's not altering the items directly. It's my best guess that more people are thrown off by the prime stuff than actually manage to use it with the tennogen items effectively and that's why they're going through with it, but a toggle really would be worth the investment eventually.

18 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

When was that statement? Im just curious if DE confirmed it. Im quite deep in this issue. There was a statement that they decided to force non prime model but then day later, there was another one - that they will take another look. DE made a few related jokes on the next Devstream (85) after that but no official statement. Did anything come us since Devstream 85?

18 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I'd be perfectly happy with this.

Pretty ticked off to hear that the Tennogen skins I purchased are getting de-primed without my say so. Unlike a lot of people I absolutely loved having the prime parts on most of the skins, I'm a complete sucker for gold, unfortunately now I'll probably be reverting back to default prime/immortal for these skins and essentially wasting the purchases I made.

3 hours ago, NovusNova said:

Well If they can remove, i don't see how it is hard to add the option to toggle.

If they are actually working on the skins with all removed prime parts, they already did most of the job.

Yeah of course there is other conditions and they are working on more option for our attachements and skins for the future.

But there is another way, a simple one, which involve not much work. Like they won't even have to bother removing the prime parts from tennogen accesories.

I already requested it before :

Allow the players to use the "normal/original" warframe model on prime varients.

It would allow the players to decide of what they wants, everyone would be happy.

I am talking about "model" and not "skins". (Ex: Valkyr and Valkyr prime are differents "models", on both of them you can use the Gersemi "skin" which may looks different due to the "prime parts" of the "Valkyr prime model")

Right now you can use the "normal/original" helmets on the prime varients of the warframes, it would not work the same way since helmets are considered asskins and not models, but you get the idea i guess.

Just need to add a "model" option in the appearance menue for all prime / umbra ? warframes and we are good.

Because right now i don't agree with that decision. This change will makes some peole happy and some won't be and will complain about it and probably ask to get refunds.

So in the end it won't change anything to the first problem.With that solution there will always be unhappy players.

This would also makes the people who keep asking for the normal warframe "model" on the prime warframe happy (when they don't like how the prime looks like or likes the original warframe model better)

I am playing since the closed beta, I already heard DE saying things and changing their minds, i am confident and i hope that they will makes the right choise.

That they are swapping it to be based on the original frame already shows they listened to feedback, and honestly I wouldn't even blame them for barely coming into this feedback area, its a swirling vortex of salt more often then a place to talk about whats best for the game. There are what? Six aklex threads whining about something we knew about months ago just because their riven got mildy worse, but isn't as bad as the regular lex?

2 hours ago, clemza said:

Just need to add a "model" option in the appearance menue for all prime / umbra ? warframes and we are good.

This doesn't exist. What does exist, and what makes this "easy" for them do do, is simply switching to the base model when applying a Tennogen skin. It would appear to take quite a bit to do this, to change the UI merely for certain types of frames, and no amount of "well this is super ez, DE why no do it" is going to change this.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This doesn't exist. What does exist, and what makes this "easy" for them do do, is simply switching to the base model when applying a Tennogen skin. It would appear to take quite a bit to do this, to change the UI merely for certain types of frames, and no amount of "well this is super ez, DE why no do it" is going to change this.

I think that you don't get it. People here doesn't wants the "base model", they wants the prime models with all the prime parts on the tennogen skins to stay the way it is right now. So an option to makes people who doesn't want that, if the best way to makes everyone happy.

Either way there is no point working on something which will maybe makes half of the players happy an the other half unhappy because your returning to the original problem, which is players complaing about something they don't wants/likes.

12 hours ago, clemza said:

I think that you don't get it. People here doesn't wants the "base model", they wants the prime models with all the prime parts on the tennogen skins to stay the way it is right now. So an option to makes people who doesn't want that, if the best way to makes everyone happy.

Either way there is no point working on something which will maybe makes half of the players happy an the other half unhappy because your returning to the original problem, which is players complaing about something they don't wants/likes.

The Tennogen skins are based on the base model of the frame, it's what they are being sold as, it's what the artist and most people using them are basing their time, effort and money on. People seemed to be routinely saying that they disliked how the prime bits on prime frames interfere with skin use. Now people have come out of the woodwork to say they like the prime bits. DE cannot make everyone happy. The solution they have, which they can roll out soonest, is to just use the base model with Tennogen skins on prime frames. The majority of the people will be happy and perhaps at a later date the model switch could come about, but likely not a priority.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but DE are prioritising the people who currently ARE NOT using the skins because they have prime parts, over the people who ARE using them, specifically because they like how the prime parts interact with the skins (those who actually paid for the skins). If they go through with this I'm going to ask for refunds on 90% of my tennogen purchases.