The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutagen Sample alerts?

Cloud

I'd agree to this if I didn't know better, but most rare resources are a 1-3 reward, mutagen samples fall under uncommon, hence why they are just one like feildron samples. They aren't going to put alerts up for more than at least 10 mutagen samples a reward, that would make the resource common, not uncommon. I suggest farming endless orokin direlect missions like I and a few of my friends have, bring a Pilfering Hydroid and a Despoil Nekros, stay 40 waves, repeat, I got up to 300 a run that way

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Let's be honest, those rubedo and ferrite are not so requested... can assure you that instead if you put mutagen sample in alerts no one will ever miss them.

What about 100 x mission ? Seem pretty reasonable for me. 

Well the problem is that 100 is way too much compared to all the other craft which use muta samples:

Acrid Secondary (10)
Caustacyst Melee (30)
Cerata Melee (25)
Dark Split-Sword Melee (20)
Djinn Sentinel (60)
Dual Ichor Melee (25)
Dual Toxocyst Secondary (20)
Embolist Secondary (30)
Hema Primary (5000)
Mios Melee (30)
MutagenMass64 Mutagen Mass Resource 10(5)
Mutalist Quanta Primary (30)
Paracyst Primary (30)
Phage Primary (10)
Pox Secondary (20)
Scoliac Melee (25)
Synapse Primary (65)
Torid Primary (10)
Total 10(+5,445)  

When you look at the total amount and see that "1" weapon is x12 times more than all the other research regrouped, you know that the problem isn't the drop rates but the amout of that research.

Just because they wants to make one research hard ... If they do that they will ruin all the other research.

Reducing the Hemo cost by half would be already a good move, but well :/

1 minute ago, clemza said:

Well the problem is that 100 is way too much compared to all the other craft which use muta samples:

Thanks for underlining (does that word exist) DE's mistake.

Not like we've been repeating it a billion times and they still don't want to change it.

Clemza is right, a mutagen sample alert could be useful but with 100 per alert, that means 1 alert is enough to craft 1/4 of all weapons that require MS, unless hema.

7 minutes ago, clemza said:

Acrid Secondary (10)
Caustacyst Melee (30)
Cerata Melee (25)
Dark Split-Sword Melee (20)
Djinn Sentinel (60)
Dual Ichor Melee (25)
Dual Toxocyst Secondary (20)
Embolist Secondary (30)
Hema Primary (5000)
Mios Melee (30)
MutagenMass64 Mutagen Mass Resource 10(5)
Mutalist Quanta Primary (30)
Paracyst Primary (30)
Phage Primary (10)
Pox Secondary (20)
Scoliac Melee (25)
Synapse Primary (65)
Torid Primary (10)
Total 10(+5,445)  

When you look at the total amount and see that "1" weapon is x12 times more than all the other research regrouped, you know that the problem isn't the drop rates but the amout of that research.

Just because they wants to make one research hard ... If they do that they will ruin all the other research.

Reducing the Hemo cost by half would be already a good move, but well :/

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Thanks for underlining (does that word exist) DE's mistake.

Not like we've been repeating it a billion times and they still don't want to change it.

Clemza is right, a mutagen sample alert could be useful but with 100 per alert, that means 1 alert is enough to craft 1/4 of all weapons that require MS, unless hema.

As you guys pointed out, the alert would just break the equilibrium of the other research requirements... but again, that is just another way to understand how hema cost is totally unbalanced... 

so since they are so stubborn to permit this, I would give a try to fix an unbalanced requirement with an unbalanced solution.... but all that could just be avoided once and for all touching some number :/

Edited by Cloud

I admit they might want to tweak a little bit the drops for single player runs but to be honest they are perfectly fine. After all these years we finally got a sink for the samples. All the rage comes from clans with probably more than 50 % inactive players. The researches should not be done easily with few clicks. Clans should put an effort for them. Yes I am in a large clan. Yes we still have 50k short to research it. But the second I saw the Hema appeared in there I already had around 5k samples laying around and was happy about the cost. It is not my fault that half the people are not playing anymore or slack on any content, just sitting and waiting for the other to grind the costs for researches.

Yes I tried running alone some Derelict missions ( survival especially ) without Necro desecrate build and the drops are not that great ( 13 mutagen samples for 40 minutes for example ). But we ran the same mission with full squad having one Necro desecrate and Speed Nova and in an hour. The results were quite different. Without any boosts we got few hundreds each. So the easy math is - 4 people from a clan get together with the right setup and builds and even without any boosts they can get few thousands samples in 2 hours. The cost of  the research is proportional to the clan size in that way that if at least 50 % of the clan do this ONCE, ONLY ONCE and you are done with it. For ghost clans ( 10 people ) the research is 5k. Seriously I could have covered that alone by myself if I was in such clan. The community has become a whiny spoiled child it seems. The curse of each game when it reaches high popularity...

Please , please , please stop this mutagen sample spams. Its the clan inactivity that kills it, not the drops.

Edited by Didoguard

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

Let's be honest, those rubedo and ferrite are not so requested... can assure you that instead if you put mutagen sample in alerts no one will ever miss them.

What about 100 x mission ? Seem pretty reasonable for me. 

They are unfaltering on their stance of doing absolutely nothing about Hema's research costs and Mutagen Sample droprates. Given this, it seems any suggestion even somewhat related to Mutagen will be passed over.

Edited by LazerSkink

8 hours ago, .Lit. said:

I'd agree to this if I didn't know better, but most rare resources are a 1-3 reward, mutagen samples fall under uncommon, hence why they are just one like feildron samples. They aren't going to put alerts up for more than at least 10 mutagen samples a reward, that would make the resource common, not uncommon. I suggest farming endless orokin direlect missions like I and a few of my friends have, bring a Pilfering Hydroid and a Despoil Nekros, stay 40 waves, repeat, I got up to 300 a run that way

That sounds soul-crushingly boring.  I vote no.

23 hours ago, Didoguard said:

Yes I tried running alone some Derelict missions ( survival especially ) without Necro desecrate build and the drops are not that great ( 13 mutagen samples for 40 minutes for example ). But we ran the same mission with full squad having one Necro desecrate and Speed Nova...

Had you fun in those hours spent farming for mutagen sample? Repeating the usual actions, with the same identical frames, in the same spot for hours?

That is the problem. I would not mind to farm for them if it was funny, but instead it is terribly boring. I gave my best to collect 5k samples and my team too but after that session we just got sick, and whenever the samples farm argument kicks in , I get a sense of nausea, and from the reactions of the community I'm not the only one.

A game should be fun, not tedious, I play to enjoy myself , not to get bored to the point of getting sick. If DE instist so much in keeping those high costs without even considering alternative ways, at least give us a grind which actually is fun and permit us to enjoy the time we spend. 

Emm... that's my point exactly. No one should be forced to grind more than 1k of these IF EVEN 50 % of the clan is participating. Do the math and see that the inactivity of most of the clans is killing the Hema researches, not the grind itself. I bet everyone who was mastery rank around 10 probably already have around 1k mutagen samples just from the missions you have to run to get the keys for some of the primes , derelict vault mods etc etc etc. You get my point. I am not saying the drops don't need a little tweak but this was the first real mutagen sample burner in all these years. I hope they do the same for the detonite ampules and fieldron samples. The old players have these in thousands. After they buffed the rewards on the invasions there is no point to use them for anything else.

As for the boring part - the core of the game is - go to mission, kill tons of mobs, get drops , craft items to raise mastery rank and keep the ones you like in the process ( being frames, mods, weapons and so on)... that's it. Its the huge number of choices you have to do the same over and over that keeps the game running. I love the game. It is still one of my favorite after all these years. When I feel burned I take a break. Don't go with that "repetitiveness" argument. The same can be applied to almost any aspect of it. DE release a new prime - you grind like a madman for days the same missions that drop the relics so you can have a chance of getting the part you need...to craft yet another mastery rank fodder that you may like and keep. Come on.

Edited by Didoguard