Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DONE WITH SORTIES

(XBOX)PhilfyRatBagZ

Once again 2000 endo problem due to watered down RNG based reward system,

Here's me thinking you guys understand how unrewarding it is to play the sorties, yet again today 2000 endo, and thats what I get for helping a lower level player who I picked up 17x in the last game. I think I have got 2 rivens (the only thing I want/need from sorties) since TWW

I'm done with sorties till you bring a token system to it......sick of wasting my time helping others to get junk I don't need or can't sell

so I'm not being all negative Nancy, here is some ideas

#1 Make it 2 teir with a Harder content for high level MR players(min MR 18), I mean real hard, Consisting of 3 games > Level 100>150, 150>200, 200>300 so low level players can't do it and we can call it "End Game" content.

#2 Apply a token system to the harder teir and have each part pay 1/2/3 tokens (possible 6 earnt per day)

#3The prize pool for the high level tier is:

(Common) Each type of Riven = 6 tokens ........you can select your choice of Riven Rifle/ Pistol/ Shotgun/ Melee.

(Common) 1000 Endo = 1 Token .......Some higher lvl MR still need it I guess.

(Uncommon) Built Exlis / Catalyst / Reactor / Forma = 15 tokens......High lvl players still need these to build all that stuff we have getting dusty and now have a Riven for.

(Rare) Rare Core = 50 tokens........I've never got 1 from a sortie yet.......and with a token system, probably the only way I'll get one.

(Rare) Maybe some future super weapon (MR20 locked and can not be traded) = 100 tokens ................. So lvl MR4 are not running around on earth spamming it like a light saber (we all know how that ended up on the nerf sheet)

Rules:

Players CAN NOT play both Teirs in a single day.............. making it a choice to play for RNG stuff, or earn a guarantee reward for hard work.

Players DO NOT have to complete all 3 games..... Each part pays it's own reward (1, 2 or 3 tokens) 

Thats it,

Not too hard for DE to create.

Hard enough to promote team work as not much chance of Soloing the content (no spies)

Both rewarding and a challenge for higher lvl players (and something for lower players to strive for)

Till Then, good bye Sorties

peace out   ,\/,,

The main underlying problem with sorties is that they're promoted as endgame. They're waved around by DE as something for players who have nothing else to do, having completed everything else, but because of their rewards are often played by severely underexperienced players. On top of this, the most common reward of 2000 endo is 100% geared towards newer players. DE can try and justify it, "you need lots of endo to rank up legendary mods", but let's be honest, most people don't care about maxing legendary mods. No, the true use of endo is to get your Vitality maxed, to get your Redirection maxed, to rank up the hugely expensive kubrow mods, maxing Serration, etc. Which would be fine, except
that's the kind of stuff you should have maxed in the first place to succeed at sorties. In general.

As an alternative, sorties should have multiple level segments. Make it endgame, sure, but make it scale. Give newer players with lvl 30 frames a place to farm for endo, but make it a lower tier than the players who are putting the finishing touches on their weapon collections, and make that a lower tier still than the people who already own everything and are just trying to have fun playing the game.
Do not punish the players who are legit playing the game because it's fun or want a challenge, because they're the only people who'll defend the game's worrysome balance developments.
Do not punish players trying to get ahead by subjecting them to the same babying that is designed to help lift the newer players out of their underlevelled status.

To pull from another game I know: make three separate sorties a day. Make each one require three missions, but split up the reward pools for the 'easy', medium, and 'hard' sorties.
Hard Sortie players don't need endo, so therefore they shouldn't need legendary fusion cores either. Give veterans a reason to play every tier.
Easy Sortie players don't need rivens, because chances are a rank 6 player who doesn't own every weapon won't even get a riven for a weapon they own anyway.

Completing a quest that is more on the puzzle side than fighting doesn't really mean someone can endure necessarily the pumped enemy damage or debuffs of a sortie scenario. That said, nightmare missions can be good preparation, as can some tac alerts. I can understand annoyance at sorties and their reward/to effort ratio with the relic/fissure system reducing some of the overall reason to play, but perhaps in time the devs can offer something to give something for veteran players to do to fill that void.

15 hours ago, (XB1)PhilfyRatBagZ said:

Snip

Not sure what you are smoking but it must be some good stuff. Your system is basically amping up the rewards because you want more. One can not have a legendary core every 5 days or a riven mod every day. That just dilutes the "good" rewards until they are no good.

If endo was in short supply then 2000 endo would be great, it's only not great because you have enough. if you had 20 legendary cores, that would be a crappy reward as well, who needs more cores than that?

In order to have a "Good" reward for the sorite, there MUST be bad rewards... it's that simple. If you got a great reward every day then soon it wouldn't be great, unless DE finally decides to start sinking some things (like making catalysts and reactors burn out and need to be replaced)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 0:45 AM, Shockwave- said:

Not sure what you are smoking but it must be some good stuff. Your system is basically amping up the rewards because you want more. One can not have a legendary core every 5 days or a riven mod every day. That just dilutes the "good" rewards until they are no good.

If endo was in short supply then 2000 endo would be great, it's only not great because you have enough. if you had 20 legendary cores, that would be a crappy reward as well, who needs more cores than that?

In order to have a "Good" reward for the sorite, there MUST be bad rewards... it's that simple. If you got a great reward every day then soon it wouldn't be great, unless DE finally decides to start sinking some things (like making catalysts and reactors burn out and need to be replaced)

Clearly your bias and don't math so well, but to point out what you either missed or don't understand from my post

IT IS ABOUT CHOICE not RNG

On 2/4/2017 at 3:27 PM, Wurdyburd said:

The main underlying problem with sorties is that they're promoted as endgame.

They were promoted as end game for the short amount of time before they were implemented. Never again after that.

They were available to MR4 players at their inception and are now available to MR5 players. Nothing about them is endgame except getting one shot.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)PhilfyRatBagZ said:

IT IS ABOUT CHOICE not RNG

Have you looked at what game you're playing? I'm genuinely asking because this quote is hysterical within the context of the game and business model of the game.

13 hours ago, Chipputer said:

They were promoted as end game for the short amount of time before they were implemented. Never again after that.

They were available to MR4 players at their inception and are now available to MR5 players. Nothing about them is endgame except getting one shot.

Except that you need to complete The War Within, the last available story node, to access sorties to get more rivens, which is currently, basically, the only reason why many endgame players are playing them.

Even if they're not explicitly promoted as endgame right now, everything about DE's attitude towards sorties suggests that they like to think of them as high level regular content that can keep the veterans busy for a while.. It's the closest thing that we've got to true common endgame right now, short of raids or mindlessly running Survival and Defense for hours and hours.

Token system would create more oversaturation in the market. 90% of players would choose rivens as a reward and they will be spammed in trade until there's limited value in them. 

Then people will ask for locked in stats so they can control what upgrades they get and then people will say the riven should unlock for the weapon they unlocked it on.

Nah, let RNG remain the same. I assume DE knows this as well which is why they refuse to this this token system. 

Btw, now that you quit sorties there's a 100% chance you won't get a riven.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

21 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Token system would create more oversaturation in the market. 90% of players would choose rivens as a reward and they will be spammed in trade until there's limited value in them. 

And where's the problem with that? I thought Rivens were supposed to be implemented to make old weapons viable, not to earn the luckiest players the most plat from those who are not favoured by RNGsus? I'm neither buying nor selling Rivens, not that I have that many to begin with, although I played sorties almost daily since their release (yeah...common reward). The only thing left in the game at the point where I am, is playing with underused weapons and I really hoped I ould forma some old stuff and find uses for those weapons I never used. But well, the current Riven system does not allow this. Not only is it nearly impossible to get Rivens, no you also have to spend tens of thousands of Kuva on a single one of them, before you can actually use them, and the missions to grind that are the most boring invention this game had for a long time. So I'm also kind of left with the question why I should bother with sorties. DE should have never decided not to rework their weapon system but implement layers ontop layers of RNG.

1 hour ago, W3zeer said:

And where's the problem with that? I thought Rivens were supposed to be implemented to make old weapons viable, not to earn the luckiest players the most plat from those who are not favoured by RNGsus? I'm neither buying nor selling Rivens, not that I have that many to begin with, although I played sorties almost daily since their release (yeah...common reward). The only thing left in the game at the point where I am, is playing with underused weapons and I really hoped I ould forma some old stuff and find uses for those weapons I never used. But well, the current Riven system does not allow this. Not only is it nearly impossible to get Rivens, no you also have to spend tens of thousands of Kuva on a single one of them, before you can actually use them, and the missions to grind that are the most boring invention this game had for a long time. So I'm also kind of left with the question why I should bother with sorties. DE should have never decided not to rework their weapon system but implement layers ontop layers of RNG.

If you oversaturate they lose their value. If they lose their value then there's nothing to look to achieve. Everyone wants a riven because of their rarity and attributes. If they were easy and grindable it would be less than a month before their value diminished to nothing and players considered them mandatory mods like serration.

That's always another problem with rivens. Players consider them mandatory and get overly frustrated when they don't "earn" one. They get upset when they don't get the riven for the weapon they want and they get upset when they don't get damage multishot critical chance on the same riven.

If you're frustrated with the Sorties because of Rivens I recommend you take the time you would have invested into sorties and use it to grind for gear to earn plat. That way you can buy what you want.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

If you oversaturate they lose their value. If they lose their value then there's nothing to look to achieve. Everyone wants a riven because of their rarity and attributes. If they were easy and grindable it would be less than a month before their value diminished to nothing and players considered them mandatory mods like serration.

That's always another problem with rivens. Players consider them mandatory and get overly frustrated when they don't "earn" one. They get upset when they don't get the riven for the weapon they want and they get upset when they don't get damage multishot critical chance on the same riven.

If you're frustrated with the Sorties because of Rivens I recommend you take the time you would have invested into sorties and use it to grind for gear to earn plat. That way you can buy what you want.

Problem is that Rivens are the basis around which you have to build your old weapons if you want them to be viable in endgame, so I can't start putting formas into those weapons without already having a riven for it. I don't need the best of the best, the game is already far too easy as it is and no weapon that needs aiming will ever outdamage something like the atterax which is pretty much an instant-kill-the-entire-room-button. So I'm not asking for getting the best rivens possible to achieve ultra-dps-numbers, i just wish they would drop a little bit more often, as they are already mandatory for weapons that can't deal any damage in endgame content. So having them hidden behind multiple layers of extremly bad RNG and repetetive grind walls is kind of frustrating, as I indeed did look forward, after their intruduction, to play around with underused things just to come to the conclusion that it's again just an enormous time-sink with mindless grind. Then came the plat-for-slots-solution and it became apparent that the whole system was another cash-grab. You're right ofc that ppl would hate getting rivens if they dropped a lot and they already had enough, since you could not even sell them. But that's just another reason why the riven system as a whole was a very bad idea. Rebalancing the weapons  would have made it possible to use more of them without interfereing with the sortie rewards and we would not have this discussion. But ofc it would have caused more work for the devs and they could not cash-in on the slots.

And your last sentence pretty much sums up everything that's wrong in this game latley ;). Literally every time I think about what I should do next I have to start the sentence with "Grind for..." ;)

3 hours ago, W3zeer said:

Problem is that Rivens are the basis around which you have to build your old weapons if you want them to be viable in endgame, so I can't start putting formas into those weapons without already having a riven for it. I don't need the best of the best, the game is already far too easy as it is and no weapon that needs aiming will ever outdamage something like the atterax which is pretty much an instant-kill-the-entire-room-button. So I'm not asking for getting the best rivens possible to achieve ultra-dps-numbers, i just wish they would drop a little bit more often, as they are already mandatory for weapons that can't deal any damage in endgame content. So having them hidden behind multiple layers of extremly bad RNG and repetetive grind walls is kind of frustrating, as I indeed did look forward, after their intruduction, to play around with underused things just to come to the conclusion that it's again just an enormous time-sink with mindless grind. Then came the plat-for-slots-solution and it became apparent that the whole system was another cash-grab. You're right ofc that ppl would hate getting rivens if they dropped a lot and they already had enough, since you could not even sell them. But that's just another reason why the riven system as a whole was a very bad idea. Rebalancing the weapons  would have made it possible to use more of them without interfereing with the sortie rewards and we would not have this discussion. But ofc it would have caused more work for the devs and they could not cash-in on the slots.

And your last sentence pretty much sums up everything that's wrong in this game latley ;). Literally every time I think about what I should do next I have to start the sentence with "Grind for..." ;)

I just bought the rivens for the few weapons I wanted to try. As long as you're not asking for an OP meta weapon riven prices are fair in plat trades. If you're looking to bring an older weapon into viability I can't imagine you can't find a decent seller.

I consider rivens as a optional fun addition as most weapons can already be sortie viable. The few that can't are already irredeemable even with rivens.

Riven system just adds more power to Tenno who have no enemy worthy of using them on. If anything people should be requesting of DE to add attributes to older weapons so that weapons with 2.5 crit and status have a place in the game. Where it stands now even with rivens a Supra is still a garbage non viable sortie weapon.

However if DE got creative and gave older weapons special perks they'd fall in line even with rivens. For example, Supra shots are returns to the magazine when missed. Small QoL addition that grants life to a weapon where a riven cant but a riven would add to it.

Long rant but I feel you pain however I don't think bringing rivens to the most common item will help.

3 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I just bought the rivens for the few weapons I wanted to try. As long as you're not asking for an OP meta weapon riven prices are fair in plat trades. If you're looking to bring an older weapon into viability I can't imagine you can't find a decent seller.

I consider rivens as a optional fun addition as most weapons can already be sortie viable. The few that can't are already irredeemable even with rivens.

Riven system just adds more power to Tenno who have no enemy worthy of using them on. If anything people should be requesting of DE to add attributes to older weapons so that weapons with 2.5 crit and status have a place in the game. Where it stands now even with rivens a Supra is still a garbage non viable sortie weapon.

However if DE got creative and gave older weapons special perks they'd fall in line even with rivens. For example, Supra shots are returns to the magazine when missed. Small QoL addition that grants life to a weapon where a riven cant but a riven would add to it.

Long rant but I feel you pain however I don't think bringing rivens to the most common item will help.

Well, I guess I can completly agree to everyting you said in your post :). It's just that I don't want to buy stuff but rather earn it, because once you have everything there's nothing left to do anymore ;). I would really have loved to see some kind of rework on old weapons, but I guess we're stuck with rivens now.