Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there conclave events?

NanoVega

I suck at conclave, personally. I think a lot of people do. Nobody I know likes it, I've never really met someone who actively enjoys it. Why are we forced to play it to get rewards? Why is there so much effort put into this game mode? Am I just really out of touch? Is it actually a large part of the playerbase that enjoys this game mode? This is just ridiculous. I don't want to have to deal with people who are mlg pro at this game, people who go out of their way to be good at PvP. I don't want to be in the same game as these try hards. I don't like having my legs chopped off and arms weakened. It feels horrible, plays horrible, is horrible. Why can't there be a PvE event alongside the PvP event? Huh? Why is DE trying so hard to shove conclave down players throats? Why is there any effort at all put into this broken disgusting thing when you could be fixing the actual game?

3 minutes ago, ultimatumcore said:

Why is there so much effort put into this game mode? Am I just really out of touch? Is it actually a large part of the playerbase that enjoys this game mode?

If I remember correctly, only about 1-2% of the players actually play conclave, so the answer would be no. 

I don't think anyone but DE knows why exactly events like this are so prevalent nowadays. I think the last PVE Event was the Nightwatch one, back in september, besides the Halloween one.

Edited by aligatorno

theyre hoping to resurrect dead content that has remained untouched for several days straight, yes like conclave and archwing
Those contents that doesnt actually fit the model of this game but is there because its "spacey" and ninja-ish, just doesnt cut it.. but its "There" for you

lets put some attractive rewards in there and hope someone gives a chuck

18 minutes ago, ultimatumcore said:

Why are we forced to play it to get rewards?

The rewards are pretty inconsequential to gameplay, so I really don't get why people feel like they're being "forced" to play this event at all.

Why is there so much effort put into this game mode?

Years ago, people wouldn't shut up about adding a PvP mode to this game. Despite not having any original plans to do so, DE eventually decided to give the people what they wanted. It's here now, so there's really no point in ignoring its existence.

Am I just really out of touch? Is it actually a large part of the playerbase that enjoys this game mode?

No and no.

I don't want to have to deal with people who are mlg pro at this game, people who go out of their way to be good at PvP.

Then don't? 

I don't want to be in the same game as these try hards. I don't like having my legs chopped off and arms weakened

Then... don't?

Why can't there be a PvE event alongside the PvP event?

Because then people would complain about the PvPers getting more rewards, since they could easily do BOTH events. It would solve literally nothing.

Why is DE trying so hard to shove conclave down players throats?

They're not. They made a new game mode, and they want people to try it. It's extremely easy ignore and, as I said earlier, the rewards aren't exactly great. Also feedback, but that's been mentioned already.

Why is there any effort at all put into this broken disgusting thing when you could be fixing the actual game?

See response #2. In addition to that, there's an entirely separate team that works on PvP, so it's not like their resources are being stretched thin or anything. Also, what you see as "broken" and "disgusting" is actually quite enjoyable to somebody else. They may be in the minority, but that doesn't make their enjoyment of this game any less important than yours or anyone else that hates Conclave, so why shouldn't they put a little effort into it?

Edited by Roachester
Tweeeeeeeeks.

3 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

OooOOOooo! I'm the Ghost of Forced Gameplay! I haunt players at night, preventing them from sleeping until they play a specific gamemode!

I totally exist!
Certain entitled individuals aren't just using me as an excuse to get butthurt!

Don't make fun of my disorder(s)

7 minutes ago, ultimatumcore said:

They could literally make it so you could choose to do one or the other though, like how invasions currently work

They could, but that brings up an entirely different question: Would they actually bother doing this?

I mean, releasing a PvE event to celebrate a new PvP mode they created (and vice versa) doesn't make a ton of sense, nor does it sound like something they'd do.

My guess is to both drum up interest in Conclave in general, and to (as said above) test out the "dedicated servers" (which is a lie, because they're not really servers). 

13 minutes ago, Roachester said:

The rewards are pretty inconsequential to gameplay, so I really don't get why people feel like they're being "forced" to play this event at all.

I disagree for 2 reasons.

1) This is the bigger one because it 100% affects gameplay for many players. Both Snowday Showdown and the current Quick Steel have featured Orokin Upgrade packs, which are comprised of a Reactor and Catalyst that are exceedingly rare for someone without plat to spare or a ton of hours under their belt in Warframe. 

2) This isn't major at all, and most people would likely shrug it off, but I do feel compelled to mention that it offers limited-time cosmetics. Regardless of what that is, it's locked behind that wall.

If someone wants the rewards, they don't have a choice or any way around trudging through the salty tryhards to get it. Warframe is a collecting game, and limiting part of that collection, no matter how small, behind content that only a tiny fraction of the playerbase enjoys is simply cruel. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

I was wondering the same thing when I heard about quick steel. My guess is its just easier to make new game modes in conclave while they work on more complex stuff for PVE. You don't have to play to win, you still can accumulate the required points through losses. If you win none, the worst that happens is you have to play more pvp.

Also a big help in this game mode is turning on melee cam targeting. You'll thank me later.

46 minutes ago, ultimatumcore said:

I suck at conclave, personally. I think a lot of people do. Nobody I know likes it, I've never really met someone who actively enjoys it. Why are we forced to play it to get rewards? Why is there so much effort put into this game mode? Am I just really out of touch? Is it actually a large part of the playerbase that enjoys this game mode? This is just ridiculous. I don't want to have to deal with people who are mlg pro at this game, people who go out of their way to be good at PvP. I don't want to be in the same game as these try hards. I don't like having my legs chopped off and arms weakened. It feels horrible, plays horrible, is horrible. Why can't there be a PvE event alongside the PvP event? Huh? Why is DE trying so hard to shove conclave down players throats? Why is there any effort at all put into this broken disgusting thing when you could be fixing the actual game?

Nah, you're not out of touch, on the matter of PvP, DE is.

For some reason they stubbornly keep trying to make the conclave a big thing.. and constantly failing from what I can see, I certainly won't deny that conclave has a niche following that loves it, but DE needs to get it through their skull that the general Warframe player doesn't want it. This isn't Rocket League or LoL, people don't come to Warframe for the conclave.

57 minutes ago, Roachester said:

While I as a paying player don't care enough to play a possible 12 rounds of that crap (even though both times I tried I was stuck in match up screen for 10 minutes before I gave up) I do know a few free-2-play clan members who are desperate for Reactors and if they want to max out a frame to an end game level really need to get that Reactor, which means being forced to play a clunky as hell side mode of conclave that frankly is not particularly fun at all IMHO.

If they want me to give a crap about conclave, allow us to use its mods in PvE... 

Edited by Carnage2K4

18 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

1) This is the bigger one because it 100% affects gameplay for many players. Both Snowday Showdown and the current Quick Steel have featured Orokin Upgrade packs, which are comprised of a Reactor and Catalyst that are exceedingly rare for someone without plat to spare or a ton of hours under their belt in Warframe. 

And I sympathize with those people, but as far as events go, adding a Reactor and/or Catalyst to the reward pool is pretty standard practice. Moreover, it's not terribly difficult to get by without those two specific upgrade packs.

They're there if you want them badly enough, but that's still not even remotely in the same ballpark as being "forced" to do them. That being said, I do wish they'd make Reactors and Catalysts a little more accessible. They're undeniably the two most important items in the entire game, after all.

18 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

2) This isn't major at all, and most people would likely shrug it off, but I do feel compelled to mention that it offers limited-time cosmetics. Regardless of what that is, it's locked behind that wall.

If someone wants the rewards, they don't have a choice or any way around trudging through the salty tryhards to get it. Warframe is a collecting game, and limiting part of that collection, no matter how small, behind content that only a tiny fraction of the playerbase enjoys is simply cruel. 

Conclave-exclusive cosmetics already exist, so I'm not 100% sure how this is any different. It may be time-limited, sure, but it's still a reward for a Conclave-related event, so...

2 minutes ago, Roachester said:

They're undeniably the two most important items in the entire game, after all.

And that's why locking them behind a conclave event is a problem. If someone dislikes conclave, yet has a need for one of those 2 items, they can either suck it up and do the alert, suck it up and fork over cash, or suck it up and live without them. 

5 minutes ago, Roachester said:

Conclave-exclusive cosmetics already exist, so I'm not 100% sure how this is any different. It may be time-limited, sure, but it's still a reward for a Conclave-related event, so...

And that's the thing - they're time-limited. As such, they're different from normal conclave-locked items because you can only get them during that one specific weekend, doing one specific thing, and there's no choice about it. If you want it, you have to suck it up. Other Conclave-specific things, can be unlocked on your own time and by doing ANY gamemode instead of this specific one. 

I have no problems with conclave-specific content. My issue lies with exclusives being locked behind specific weekend events that may not return for years to come, and then putting THAT behind an unbalanced, unfun gamemode. This event may not ever return, and though it may be cosmetics, it raises a flag.

If something is locked behind a game type that you dislike... don't do it. Free yourself from feeling so attached to digital items. DE is not responsible for your happiness. They make the game, they offer it to you, free of charge, so that you may play it and enjoy it and hopefully buy something. If you are so hell bent on never playing something, pretend the rewards for it don't exist.

22 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

And that's why locking them behind a conclave event is a problem. If someone dislikes conclave, yet has a need for one of those 2 items, they can either suck it up and do the alert, suck it up and fork over cash, or suck it up and live without them. 

There's also the 24-hour alert that pops up every DevStream.

I did a pretty crap job of conveying it, but the point I'm trying to make here is that ignoring the event isn't any different than there being no event at all. Personally, I did neither of the PvP events, and am no better or worse off for having made that decision. Like I said, it's not terribly difficult to get by without them.

22 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

And that's the thing - they're time-limited. As such, they're different from normal conclave-locked items because you can only get them during that one specific weekend, doing one specific thing, and there's no choice about it. If you want it, you have to suck it up. Other Conclave-specific things, can be unlocked on your own time and by doing ANY gamemode instead of this specific one. 

I have no problems with conclave-specific content. My issue lies with exclusives being locked behind specific weekend events that may not return for years to come, and then putting THAT behind an unbalanced, unfun gamemode. This event may not ever return, and though it may be cosmetics, it raises a flag.

And this goes back to the point I made in my first post: That reward is completely inconsequential to gameplay. It's true that there are people that feel an need to collect everything, and again, I sympathize with that. However, harsh as this might sound, that's their problem to deal with and theirs alone, as it's not DE's job to cater to their obsession. PvP exists, whether we like it or not, and there were bound to be PvP-exclusive events like this. As long as they don't go locking entire weapons and whatnot behind it, it'll never be as big a problem as people are making it out to be.

1 hour ago, ultimatumcore said:

I suck at conclave, personally. I think a lot of people do.

Everyone does initially, practice makes you better. And you get way better at PvE too booth!

Nobody I know likes it, I've never really met someone who actively enjoys it.

Because people who like it are in the Conclave, the Discord or on the forums, or just not talking at all. It's not rare being in the middle of the match and X player joins.

X: Hello

Y: oh hey X! [insert friendly comment or question]

X: [friendly chat]

I see that happen all the time.

Why are we forced to play it to get rewards?

Nobody is forced, it's entirely optional.

Why is there so much effort put into this game mode?

Several reasons, one is that it has endless replayability, no match is equal to each other. Second is that DE wants to promote this mode because they've worked on this, and we are talking this mode was entirely player-requested initially.

Am I just really out of touch?

No, you are fine, liking or disliking something is entirely normal. I hate defense missions, doesn't mean they are bad, just not my style.

Is it actually a large part of the playerbase that enjoys this game mode?

Well, the conclave crowd is ever growing, the gamemode is fun and engaging. And best of all: No Miramulors around!

I don't want to have to deal with people who are mlg pro at this game, people who go out of their way to be good at PvP.

Crackshots and Jedi are rare, and they rarely go all out in random matches because they prefer to play relaxed. Most of the PvP crowd is always improving. Improving at PvP isn't a goal you "go out of your way" do achieve, it's the natural progression, on the upside, several of the skills honed in Conclave come handy for PvE.

I don't want to be in the same game as these try hards.

There's "Recruit Conditioning" that separates players rank 1-2 from 3-4.

Why can't there be a PvE event alongside the PvP event? Huh?

I would actually like an event that features both options side to side. Like a Gradivus Dilema style of event where players choose to fight for one side or another, with the option of doing regular invasions or dark sector invasions where you fight with other players.

Why is DE trying so hard to shove conclave down players throats?

They aren't, they are just promoting Conclave via a totally optional special grand opening for the new mode. There's nothing wrong about that, it's kind of how they gave us a taste of The Index before we actually got it on the starchart.

Why is there any effort at all put into this broken disgusting thing when you could be fixing the actual game?

Because the PvP team was hired specifically for that. They work separatedly from the PvE team. They may share work with the Art department.

8 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

-snip-

RjJRlHO.gif

Also for more visibility since:

On 2/2/2017 at 0:00 AM, EmptyDevil said:

These toxic threads about hating PVP need to stop.

No one truly cares that you hate PVP for personal reasons. You're probably someone that claims to be a collector, but doesn't want to actually participate to get what you covet without cheese and crutches. If the only reason you want something is for the sake of having it, you don't truly deserve to have what you covet. I wouldn't be surprised if wanting something hinged on possibly lording it over others or to make yourself 'safe' from people lording it over you. If you want the sigil so badly, you can either nut up and participate without the toxicity or bite your tongue, letting people that enjoy this alert do so, instead of asking for DE to remove/stop it. As Teshin says "Those who brave the thorn may eat the rare fruit."

You want the sigil or content behind PVP? Toss your ego aside. Get through it. Offer suggestions for improvements. Don't make suggestions based on petty things.

This kind of applies to any kind of event, but still. Point stands lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

2 hours ago, ultimatumcore said:

If you are still in the "recruit" level on Conclave... then you are facing non-conclave players. Its not until you rank up a few times... that you start versing the good players.

DE is not shoving it down your throat.... you dont have to do it. What DE is doing is, they are giving Conclave players some content. Personally i would like to see more of this. Hell, i would like to see Warframes and weapons added to conclave loot. This way we can have some content to play for. Currently 99% of the game is PvE. Do you see conclave players on the forums crying that they have to do PvE, in order to get gear?

15 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Also for more visibility since:

-quoted post was here-

This kind of applies to any kind of event, but still. Point stands lol.

Oh I remember that quoted post, and for laziness sake, I'll quote my own exact response to -that- post in it's original thread:

On 2-2-2017 at 2:58 PM, Artorius-Alter said:

Then maybe DE should stop doing things that intensifies people's hatred of PVP in Warframe.

-snipped, lengthy post not relevant to the matter at hand-

Edited by Artorius-Alter

2 minutes ago, Proxy345 said:

DE is not pointing a gun at your face and telling you to play PVP lol

One could argue that they are, while I don't count myself to them, there are a lot of people that still need every reactor/catalyst that they can get. Be it through Gift of the Lotus Alerts, Invasions or anything else.

And quite frankly, an event tailored specifically to get people to play conclave.. sounds an awful lot like that gun you're talking about. At the very least it -is- a message of ''go play PvP'' so yes, they are telling us to go play it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter