Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you feel the game is still "mature"

DeadScream

31 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Whats this notion that playing as 'children' makes the game less dark? Its honestly the opposite.

No, no, I actually find it really strong. Soldier children are a very dramatic theme and I never saw it before in a video game.

My complaint is more about the way they speak, they look like they are playing with a remote thing. All like "whouah" or "meeehhhh"...

3 hours ago, DeadScream said:

Title. 

Years ago I would've agreed, there was more gore and blood, the ambiance was dark... 

But now, aren't there more and more toon and goofy features, including bosses and powers ? 

Hide contents

+ we play as children who control the warframes, and who are far from being adult...

And now we get a disco frame, and she dances... I mean, why ? 

edit : Let me rephrase the question. To people who played the game since the start, don't you feel like the game is getting less "mature" with time ? (but I pretty much got answers already, thanks for reassuring me)

'Mature' themes reach beyond dark edgy visuals and lots of blood and gore.

If funky visuals are all it takes to make something not 'mature' for you I must question your comprehension of the word.

Just now, (XB1)Solargeo said:

Not every game needs Gears level of cursing ,and  other games level of blood. 

Not necessarly cursing, but I don't feel like it's "my" character when the operator suddenly says "my warframe is strong" for example. They have some interesting quotes, but others tend to break my immersion. They sound like they are playing a game, which is not the psychology they would have if they were really forced into battle by the Orokin. 

Alad V moves like Pluto, Bard Frame dances like a disco queen, Limbo HAS A FREAKING MAGICIAN HAT ! T-T 

My question was : do you feel the game as a mature thing when you consider all the teen-friendly gags everywhere ? (and most players seem to consider it mature because yeah there is blood, so ok we can close the thread actually x)) 

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

Child soldier is quite a.... mature thing, ya?

->

Just now, DeadScream said:

I don't feel like it's "my" character when the operator suddenly says "my warframe is strong" for example. They have some interesting quotes, but others tend to break my immersion. They sound like they are playing a game, which is not the psychology they would have if they were really forced into battle by the Orokin. 

(answered to another guy just before I saw your comment sorry :<

4 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

Chunky parts flying around when using slash weapons,cutting in half your enemies with swords and weapons sometimes( and you can see the  inner part of their bodies), sometimes it randomly comes to see legs/arms and even heads covered in blood rolling around,dissolving enemies with corrosive proc,weird death noises(like choking with the blood),the ambiance is still dark(even better than the old one.... for me),blood spatters on the floor/walls when hitting enemies.

abaout the warframe
ember:burn enemies until death
saryn:infect and dissolve them 
atlas:petrify and smash them
excalibur:slash everyone in half
ash: with bladestor you stab enemies on their back/front and chocke them
nezha:impaling enemies up on their ass until death
vauban:generates black hole that attire and compresses the enemies and  turn them into crumbs until death
zephir: is not a problem,if you like to ride a tornado,but i doubt  it would be a good experience.
nova:everybody turns into bombs
Nekros:killing your enemies isn't enought,you have to resurrect and turn them into your slaves until you decide when they have to die

etc etc

all of these warframe kill people in horrible ways(is not fun and games for these poor enemies),just because there is a funny frame  that kill in a funny way,it doesn't mean No mature content.

isn't all of this enought mature?

No.

Best excample by two other MMORPGs: 

WoW & Rappelz

One is 1.childish the other one "2 mature".

1. WoW

489f1286-81cd-4522-9f36-759dfe637870.jpg

Wow-screenshot-mmoreviews.jpg

WoWBarrier.jpg

2. Rappelz

rappelz-2.jpg

Rappelz-4.jpg

rap2640.jpg

Guess why i loved Rappelz and NOT WoW ? Mature (no kindergarten characters and realistic textures colore and way more ingame deepth) so i could get into my chars role. 

Same reason why i love WF... when WF falls into this kids area, i could not stand it...i do not play kindergarten games. Sry. Naah never. If my inner child needs it i go play fast some rounds LoL and leave it, to go back to my beloved main game.

Nard frame; music playing and dancing to kill some monsters?  

I could lend ya my saber-rider pony to get at my pov...

tumblr_ocad1htW271r239fno1_500.gif

(Can someone add a text into it "God damn it.. Turn off the music!")

6 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Mature or not, there's no reason that should ruin a game for you. I think the only people that complain are ones that somehow feel their edgy adulthood is in jeopardy because things seem a little more "kid friendly." 

Np. But then i want a saber-rider pony in game too. If music can kill monsters heeelllll my pony will be OP. While you add this lets bring in a cinderella that kills with magic stars ... u r missing the point here buddy. No offense. Ur just a player like me. But it does NOT FIT INTO THIS GAME... ZERO 

Edited by P0Pz

Just now, P0Pz said:

Np. But then i want a saber-rider pony in game too. If music can kill monsters heeelllll my pony will be OP. While you add this lets bring in a cinderella that kills with magic stars ... u r missing the point here buddy. No offense. Ur just a player like me. But it does NOT FIT INTO THIS GAME... ZERO 

Ponies, sure. But where do you draw the line? I see wisecracking AI, children controlling machines, memes from the community (Clem, John Podman), bobble head decorations, fancy magicians, space pirates, any line from Vey Hek, hell I bet people making their warframes hot pink/rainbow must really ruin the game for you! Seeing a DJ frame doesn't run immersion, and the lore isn't perfect, there's holes. People need to realize that gameplay and game value are also important, and putting in fun stuff like these is widely entertaining for many. 

I don't see any problem in introducing a bard in to the game. Maybe he/she(don't remember the gender)will be agreat frame with lotsa buffs. Still can't believe people call this game childish.I reccomend you try these things

Blind an enemy and use from behind a glaive, hammer, heavy sword,whips and staffs

It isn't particularly gory as some mature games I guess... but overall the theme of Warframe is very, very dark. 

I could point out tons of recent things that make the Warframe universe a very dark, gritty, mature place to live. 

Just look at any of the recent quests really. Gore and cursing doesn't make for a mature story -- that is just lazy writing. A mature story are real, adult situations that we have to deal with, some that are horrifying or incredibly disturbing. 

Take for example TWW (obv spoilers ahead). Teshin talked about the young and exotic being paraded in front of the orokin elite. Then the Orokin would decide which ones they would bid on, and literally go through a special process where they slowly take over that persons body and mind (I guess it eventually kills/swallows/assimilates the person who originally inhabited the body)? We don't have all the details, but that is pretty damn dark. 

Or how about what rollers are? That has always been a source of disturbance to me. 

Or the whole Index Quest in terms of Neewa getting kidnapped by a dark, evil man, and as a child having to decide if she would basically be a horror whisperer to protect her people from the infested. 

I could go on, a lot. The story itself is incredibly dark as is the whole universe. 

Just because things are silly or fun sometimes, just because we don't have as much gore or swearing as some games, doesn't mean it isn't adult. 

50 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Ponies, sure. But where do you draw the line? I see wisecracking AI, children controlling machines, memes from the community (Clem, John Podman), bobble head decorations, fancy magicians, space pirates, any line from Vey Hek, hell I bet people making their warframes hot pink/rainbow must really ruin the game for you! Seeing a DJ frame doesn't run immersion, and the lore isn't perfect, there's holes. People need to realize that gameplay and game value are also important, and putting in fun stuff like these is widely entertaining for many. 

Did you read? You kill monsters AND humans with music and dancing ? Lol

What does that have to do with coloring your char ? Even with the brightes Pink on your body, you still look realistic. Not drifting into childish fantasy abstract content. It is absolut siiiiick.

The operator in TWW is explained into a realistic way (fits within the lore reality). There is no where explained operator was 1 out a handful kids from heaven. Sended by the great gods living in a yellow tent there, to provide peace and love...

Nothing in this game does have such kindergarten content/skills. We have even DNA explaining to "reproduce" kavas...

~~> in the Nard childish abstract way;... we would take a mobil phone to make a picture and then ask a teeny NPC in a Copyshop to print it out. *GlimmerGlimmer* Nards Kavat is alive with the magic mobil camera.

THERE Nard would fit in...

But not in a game, where everything is tryed to be explained as much realistic as possible.

HOW does a dancing Nard fit into this game? ZERO. Nada. Null.

A DJ frame  <~~ Did you read that?

holy molly... where is my pony 

Edited by P0Pz