Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute system

DanPaul7

Thanks everyone who corrected the fact that it is NOT consecutive days. That's a cheap tactic and I'm glad it was scrapped in favour of total days.

The only problem that springs to mind now is the temptation to give your password to others so they can log in for you. I speak from experience when I say not to do this.

Edited by DanPaul7
edited title

Life is about sacrifice, my man. Games aren't everything, and the tribute isn't either. Exclusive rewards are just for those that can make enough time, or find enough to log in to obtain it, then ditch to live life. Push comes to shove, if it really bothers you, either propose a good alternative/solution, or just have somebody log in for you. My wife usually does that while i'm busy and i've managed to get Prime Vigor (The 400 day) out of it.

However, if you're going on a rant and bashing those that CAN find the time to log on often enough, that's another thing, and if that's the case, you aren't helping yourself or anyone, i'm afraid.

It's not an incentive to play the game as much as you can. It's an incentive to log in every day. There's a huge difference, and giving exclusive rewards to players that are lucky enough to be able to log in for X amount of days is stupid.

It's a way for for DE to get us to keep playing their game, but achieves the exact opposite in my mind. It's a cheap and lazy tactic and should be banished in favour of a better system.

dude, of course they're going to offer things to encourage players to log in regularly, they're kinda a business you know? they want people to play, and the more someone plays the more likely that they'll either spend money or invite others to play with them.

thus it makes perfect sense for there to be exclusives from the daily tribute system

4 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

dude, of course they're going to offer things to encourage players to log in regularly, they're kinda a business you know? they want people to play, and the more someone plays the more likely that they'll either spend money or invite others to play with them.

thus it makes perfect sense for there to be exclusives from the daily tribute system

In that case, it should be HOURS played, not days logged in for 1 minute before logging out.

3 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Maybe you don't know this, but it's not consecutive days logged in, just total days logged in. So if you don't log in for a day or two, or a week or whatever is no big deal. With time you'll get all the stuff you want.

If that's true, great. I'm yet to actually fail to log in consecutively thus far, but was told the streak ends if you don't make a day.

3 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

To be honest, you can just log in and log out. Only takes a minute or two.

That's not true though. If you can't access a computer with Warframe every day, then it takes a lot more than just a minute or two.

Edited by DanPaul7

Just now, DanPaul7 said:

It's not an incentive to play the game as much as you can. It's an incentive to log in every day. There's a huge difference, and giving exclusive rewards to players that are lucky enough to be able to log in for X amount of days is stupid.

It's a way for for DE to get us to keep playing their game, but achieves the exact opposite in my mind. It's a cheap and lazy tactic and should be banished in favour of a better system.

u still get the things is not imposible u just dont get it at the same rate others do
Exp: im getting the 250 reward and some are getting the 300  others the 350 and maybe others the 400  

the point is if u play more u win more 
the things u win there are not that much of a drill special the weapons anzima is BS zenistar is ok but there are other weapons that do the job as for prime mods u can do other build that does tha same thing that prime fury and prime vigor is kinda 2 or 3 warframes that gone need this

Just because you won't get them first, or won't get them as early as people who have more free time, doesn't mean you won't get them at all. As someone else mentioned, the new system counts total days played, not consecutive days like the old system. You'll get the rewards eventually.

Ok if it doesn't have to be consecutive days like I've been led to believe, then that's not so bad.

3 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Oh no I just spent a minute logging in and out. I'll never amount to anything for the rest of my life.

Did I say anything about not being able to amount to anything if you can log in?

1 minute ago, DanPaul7 said:

If that's true, great. I'm yet to actually fail to log in consecutively thus far, but was told the streak ends if you don't make a day.

That was the old system (remember the 3 stars for logging in 7 days in a row? xD), now it's not like that anymore, you don't have to stress about it, you can miss all the days you want.

Just now, DanPaul7 said:

That's not true though. If you can't access a computer with Warframe every day, then it takes a lot more than just a minute or two.

it is true, i dont log in every day, but i still keep my progress, the resetting if you miss a day was from the old system

and if you are unable to even access a computer with the game, then its not the games problem, its yours

15 minutes ago, DanPaul7 said:

The Daily Tribute system is ridiculous. I haven't been back to the game for long since I took a rather large break, and I'm already learning how unfair this system is. It promotes logging in every day to get items for free, some of which can only been acquired by logging in for X number of days. Well how dumb is that?...

If you have any sort of life outside of video games you have no realistic chance of getting some of the higher day rewards as you may not be able to log in every day.

What if you go on holiday?

There's nothing wrong with a daily reward system, if implemented correctly, but it should not offer exclusive items such as "Primed Fury" etc.
If there was another way to get these items, no matter how hard, I would be a happy man.

So you don't have like 2 minutes / day to log in once.... 

Edited by Askell91

5 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

So you don't have like 2 minutes / day to log in once.... 

Nope, not every day. I sometimes stay out for a night or two. Go climbing and then camp out for the night, or go on holiday... Ignorant moron.

Thanks everyone else who corrected the fact that it is NOT consecutive days. That's a cheap tactic and I'm glad it was scrapped in favour of total days.

16 minutes ago, DanPaul7 said:

The Daily Tribute system is ridiculous. I haven't been back to the game for long since I took a rather large break, and I'm already learning how unfair this system is. It promotes logging in every day to get items for free, some of which can only been acquired by logging in for X number of days. Well how dumb is that?...

If you have any sort of life outside of video games you have no realistic chance of getting some of the higher day rewards as you may not be able to log in every day.

What if you go on holiday?

There's nothing wrong with a daily reward system, if implemented correctly, but it should not offer exclusive items such as "Primed Fury" etc.
If there was another way to get these items, no matter how hard, I would be a happy man.

You know the system doesn't reset if you miss a day right? 

3 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Does it still count if you use the smart phone app?  I remember hearing you could use that to get your daily login but I don't have a smart phone so can't confirm it.

Would be nice. I will check tomorrow if you don't get an answer by then.

11 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Does it still count if you use the smart phone app?  I remember hearing you could use that to get your daily login but I don't have a smart phone so can't confirm it.

7 minutes ago, DanPaul7 said:

Would be nice. I will check tomorrow if you don't get an answer by then.

No, you can't (currently) get the login reward on the mobile app. I am not sure if they are planning on it, but I would guess they are not.

Edited by Reidmaster

21 minutes ago, DanPaul7 said:

Thanks everyone else who corrected the fact that it is NOT consecutive days. That's a cheap tactic and I'm glad it was scrapped in favour of total days.

There was NEVER a consecutive days requirement for daily tribute. It was like this since it was introduced, nothing was scrapped.

1 minute ago, DanPaul7 said:

Yes there was. I used to play when there was.

That was the old system before the Daily Tribute. Wiki just calls it Login Rewards.

The rewards that a player could receive were based upon the number of consecutive days on which a player had logged in at least once. Three tiers for these rewards existed: common rewards for players having logged in for 0 to 2 consecutive days, common to uncommon rewards for 3 to 6 days, and common to rare rewards for 7 or more days. The counter did not reset after day 7. A single day spent offline would reset the counter to 1 day.

The Daily Tribute system is the reward system introduced in Update 18.0, replacing the Login Rewards system.

So the Daily Tribute is actually better than what we had before.