The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

# of Rolls for the perfect Riven

(PSN)lhbuch

13 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

How many rolls did it take you to get the Riven Stats you wanted? 

I already rolled my Kohm Riven 36 times with no success and Im wondering how many times Ill neeed to do it.

Thanks!

I know your pain. I rolled all of my "main" rivens at least 20 times iirc, and the Supra one 34 times, and they're still not quite there.

The only one i got "perfect" in under 20 rolls is my Boltor one, which gives around 45% firerate, 65% multishot and 100 or so % status chance - with the amount of bullets flying at the enemy it shreds stuff even at higher levels, and has enough punch to back up the status with convincing arguments about raw violence.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

How many rolls did it take you to get the Riven Stats you wanted? 

I already rolled my Kohm Riven 36 times with no success and Im wondering how many times Ill neeed to do it.

Thanks!

Statistically speaking there are 24 positive modifiers and 19 negative stats.

Which means chances for perfect roll are`1/24*1/23*1/22*1/19 (assuming you want perfect +Multishot +Base Damage +Toxin Damage -Mag Capacity Cernos Riven).
That's one in 230736 or 0.0004% drop rate.
In case of a "medium" luck it will take you 1600 rerolls.

P.S. Give up.

Bonus:
1600 rerolls is 5,584,950 Kuva, or 9308 runs without boosters, or approximately 775 hours of Kuva farming (assuming 600 per 5 min as medium).

This is why I don't regret just buying god tier Riven Mods.

Edited by SeriousSkipper
Words are hard.

Just now, Autongnosis said:

I know your pain. I rolled all of my "main" rivens at least 20 times iirc, and the Supra one 34 times, and they're still not quite there.

The only one i got "perfect" in under 20 rolls is my Boltor one, which gives around 45% firerate, 65% multishot and 100 or so % status chance - with the amount of bullets flying at the enemy it shreds stuff even at higher levels, and has enough punch to back up the status with convincing arguments about raw violence.

I want my Kohm Riven to bring the weapon to 100% before multishot. Only time I got a status chance high enough, it had Ice damage which would cause cold procs and prevent my slash to proc anyway...

After some time, farming Kuva becomes like a choire, enter in a mission, dash, get out, roll mod... I just wish there was a way to farm Kuva other than Siphons. 

From the looks of it, I will roll this mod for a long long time...

33 minutes ago, SeriousSkipper said:

Statistically speaking there are 24 positive modifiers and 19 negative stats.

Which means chances for perfect roll are`1/24*1/23*1/22*1/19 (assuming you want perfect +Multishot +Base Damage +Toxin Damage -Mag Capacity Cernos Riven).
That's one in 230736 or 0.0004% drop rate.
In case of a "medium" luck it will take you 1600 rerolls.

P.S. Give up.

Bonus:
1600 rerolls is 5,584,950 Kuva, or 9308 runs without boosters, or approximately 775 hours of Kuva farming (assuming 600 per 5 min as medium).

This is why I don't regret just buying god tier Riven Mods.

Yeah exaclty my feelings right now. I already gave up, I dont think that I will get a perfect roll,  I would settle for a + 150% status plus something good...

49 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Im wondering how many times Ill neeed to do it.

Each roll is independent of any previous rolls.

It's not 'how many rolls will I need', it's 'what is the % of getting the result I want'.

At which point, I refer you to SeriousSkipper's post,
which, incidentally, is entirely too optimistic.
3 positive stats aren't guaranteed. You're progressively less likely to get an additional positive stat the more of them you have.

Just now, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Yeah exaclty my feelings right now. I already gave up, I dont think that I will get a perfect roll,  I would settle for a + 150% status plus something good...

It's weird to say that, but both Hema and Riven mods are that kind of content that is preferably "farmed" with plat.

I can't imagine a "god tier" Kohm Riven costing more then 1K plat. I'll even assume 2K plat for the sake of the argument.
775 hours is around 1.5 years of playtime in best case. Meanwhile you can`

1. Farm new Prime Access and sell parts. Easily 1K plat on the first day assuming you have Syndicate Standing/Traces stockpiled for the first day.
  2. Sell Prime Trash gained during PA farm for ducats, buy Primed Flow/Continuity/Pressure Points from Baro, resell them 1 month later 100P each.
  3. Vault mod farm.
  4. Daily raids. 1K in a month guaranteed assuming you only sell Arcanes.

Those 4 + accidental plat sources combined can net you 2-3K plat in a month. That's 20 times more efficient and less boring then farming Kuva/Mutagen Samples.

11 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Each roll is independent of any previous rolls.

It's not 'how many rolls will I need', it's 'what is the % of getting the result I want'.

At which point, I refer you to SeriousSkipper's post,
which, incidentally, is entirely too optimistic.
3 positive stats aren't guaranteed. You're progressively less likely to get an additional positive stat the more of them you have.

Chroia is right.
I can't really compute chances of 2/3 stats, and their values, since there is no hard data about them to back up math, that's why omitted them.

Some people also keep saying that Rivens are biased towards good stats, or some more unconfirmed magic, so let's say my "optimism" balances that.

Take into account as well the disposition can effect weather or not the riven is or is not worth keeping/re-rolling. My hek riven has damage, crit chance, minus flight speed however it has  faint disposition so unfortunately I have to roll it again since the added bonuses are really meh at best. On the other hand strong dispositions can be a let down too if you roll against something the weapon needs to function properly. For example I rolled a twin khomak with multi shot, mag cap, but negative fire rate. Since it is a strong disposition this makes the spool up time too taxing to benefit from the added multishot. So when it comes to  perfect riven make sure the pros outweigh the cons. ;)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

Got puncture + critical chance on my Paris after 3 rolls.  It's only MR 9 though...............

MR lock doesn't influence stats.
Your only problem is that your Riven doesn't have a harmless negative (makes sense, right?), since negatives boost positives.

Otherwise you got a good mod.

I got a near perfect riven roll on the 3rd one for my atomos. It has +damage, +multishot, and -crit chance. Atomos only has 5% crit chance so the negative did almost nothing to the gun bringing it down to 2.4% and because of the negative stat it made the two positive stats crazy high. 

I have an almost perfect on on my Amprex as well, but I want it to have +crit chance and +crit damage. I'm on 34 rerolls for that one.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)SecksySeckstrain said:

I got a near perfect riven roll on the 3rd one for my atomos. It has +damage, +multishot, and -crit chance. Atomos only has 5% crit chance so the negative did almost nothing to the gun bringing it down to 2.4% and because of the negative stat it made the two positive stats crazy high. 

I have an almost perfect on on my Amprex as well, but I want it to have +crit chance and +crit damage. I'm on 34 rerolls for that one.

Do you plan to keep the Amprex one rolling?

For most of mine, it takes less than 5 rolls. Here are a few of the ones I have:

Cernos: +130% Impact + 130% Crit Chance + Mag Capacity - Infested Dam. 0 rolls.

Grakata: + 140% Dam, +150% Crit Chance. 2 rolls.

Tetra: - recoil, + Dam, - Ammo Capacity. 1 roll.

Vasto: +450% Dam, +200% Multi, +75% Recoil. 2 rolls.

Burston: + Toxin, + Stat Chance, + Reload Speed, - Zoom. 1 roll.

All of these are off the top of my head. The only riven I have rolled more than 10 times is my Vectis riven. Going for the roll with +Dam, +Crit and - Mag size.