• Announcements

• [DE]Drew

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?   03/31/2016

Tenno, Recently a lot of forum users have been posting feedback, bug and question threads about the game here in General Discussion, only to complain when community moderators or forum staff move their thread to the appropriate section.   General Discussion is not for feedback about the game, for bug reports or for help questions, we have other forum sections specifically for these things.   There are a few criteria for determining what feedback is and what general discussion is, but the two main criteria are the following: Objective - The goal of the thread Target Audience - Who is being addressed with the thread   A feedback thread's objective is affecting the game; be it through negative feedback (change is desired) or positive feedback (change is not desired). The Target Audience is the developers; your thread is directed towards DE, they are who you are making the thread for. If either two of these criteria are met then the thread is most likely feedback (and belongs in the appropriate feedback subforum).    A general discussion thread's objective is not to affect the game, it's to hold a discussion. And the Target Audience of a general discussion thread is other players and the community, not the developers. For example, a thread titled "What is your opinion on the recent changes to X from Update/Hotfix X?" would be a discussion thread, because its objective is a discussion about what players enjoy, and it's audience is other players.   Ultimately, a lot of what determines whether a thread is a feedback thread is the opening post. Although feedback threads can have discussions in them between players, this does not make it general discussion. What it boils down to is the goal of the thread and who it's addressing. It's a thread for conveying opinions to the developers, and people are bound to agree and disagree (and therefore start a discussion on said thread).   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   If you post something in General Discussion and find that it's no longer there, chances are it's been moved (if it was merged, we will try to notify you via private message, but sometimes when we have to merge a large number of threads we may not be able to). Here's a helpful guide for you to figure out where it might have been moved to:   Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it! PC Beta Bugs, PS4 Beta Bugs and XB1 Beta Bugs are the places for threads reporting malfunctioning parts of the game, bugs, things that have broken, et cetera (you should really make a support ticket too!). Fan Zone is the place for fan fiction, fan-sponsored contests, screenshots to share your achievements and Warframe-related video streams/Youtube channels. Fan Concepts is the place for concepts for new systems, warframes, weapons, and gameplay mechanics. PC Trading Post, PS4 Trading Post and XB1 Trading Post are for all things trading on the respective platforms. Threads looking to sell, buy, and trade go here, as well as any price checking. If you post a thread critiquing changes or content in the game, it's likely been moved to one of the Feedback Subforums, the guide to which is below.   Because feedback threads are by far the biggest offender in General Discussion, I've put together this guide on where feedback goes, breaking up and explaining the feedback subforums (Feedback forums are where the devs go for feedback regarding the game! Not General Discussion!). The list is a bit lengthy, so it's been put in spoiler tags:     So, for example, if you make a thread in General Discussion saying something like "The lore really needs work, and this is how I think it should be done" then it's probably going to get moved to the General Feedback forum. If you're dissatisfied with a recent patch or update and want to give DE a piece of your mind, the Specific Feedback associated with your platform (i.e. PC Specific Feedback or PS4 Specific feedback) is probably where it will get moved to (it may also be moved to the other feedback forums depending on what the thread is specifically about).   Wording is also very important, and your choice of description is also. This is why many people mix up feedback with discussion. In discussion, you are talking about things that are current, not commenting on how cool or disappointing they are. For example, 'What do you think is the best frame? I like Valkyr because of her focus on melee.' is General Discussion, whereas 'Valkyr is a really good frame. Her melee animations are nice, and her abilities compliment each other well.' is feedback.     tl;dr - We have specific subforums for feedback, bug reports, helping players, fan-made stuff and so on. General Discussion is not a "catch-all" forum, and for the sake of keeping things tidy and organized we'd really appreciate it if you didn't treat it as such!   If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to post them here or to send me or the other moderators a private message!
booty_hunter

Simulator shouldnt create aditional projectiles with Mirage.

73 posts in this topic

The reason why is because when theres a mirage with simulator on your team you arent playing the game, Mirage is. That combonation clears waves too efectively. I just played an alert where 3 of us just sat in the spawn because we all knew there was no point.

Mirage needs a rework, nerfing part of her abilities isn't possible, you can't say "that ability works that way UNLESS for that particular weapon because that would be too OP"

Whatever projectile weapon you're using it's always a mess when it comes to mirage.

Also, It's "simulor" not simulator.

I'm really surprised Hall of Mirrors is still pretty much untouched given that quite a few people complain about this very thing.

I agreed i would also go and say that projectiles that comes from the clones should not be doing the full damage of the weapon

This is like the 2427th thread about this. Haven't been changed after all those well-written posts, you really think this 2-line-thread will somehow magically make the Devs do something about the Simulor+Mirage combo?
Oh also, it's called SIMULOR, you didn't even get the weapon's name right.

Just now, Nazzami said:

I agreed i would also go and say that projectiles that comes from the clones should not be doing the full damage of the weapon

This!

If cloned projectiles combine into a simulor vortex the damage should be considerably lower.

Just now, Nazzami said:

This is actually the entire problem of Mirage + Simulor: Its a bug!

Without any power strength the damage from your clones is only 20% each.  Yet due to a bug in the interaction with the Simulor they deal 100% damage when merging.
If DE could fix this bug it would drastically reduce the damage of this combo.

DE doesn't need to nerf anything or do a ridiculous idea like the OP proposes.  They just need to fix a bug.

4 minutes ago, ShadowFox14 said:

This is like the 2427th thread about this. Haven't been changed after all those well-written posts, you really think this 2-line-thread will somehow magically make the Devs do something about the Simulor+Mirage combo?
Oh also, it's called SIMULOR, you didn't even get the weapon's name right.

Why is this a personal attack?

Ohh... It's that thread again.

If something bugs me I just look for another squad. Miramulors aren't even as common as afk embers.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

I'm not sure it's a bug. It could be something to do with the way Simulor vortex merges are handled by the code - e.g. it's not flagged as a shot and Hall of Mirrors only affects shots.

So all we have to do is nerf properly the actual damage coming from the illusions' shots? Sweet, now we're done here, so stop whining bout Simulor by itself, cause the weapon needs no changes.

1 minute ago, booty_hunter said:

It`s just blunt truth lol

All is fair in love and war friends

I kinda like using the Prisma Quanta with Mirage 

I just leave. Just leave, let them run it by themselves. That's what they're for, themselves. That combo does nothing but say "try to keep up as I kill everything. Get gud scrubs." So no, just take off, find another PUG if you see a Mirage Combo, Let them just enjoy the map by themselves without an audience.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

So all we have to do is nerf properly the actual damage coming from the illusions' shots? Sweet, now we're done here, so stop whining bout Simulor by itself, cause the weapon needs no changes.

^

12 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

The reason why is because when theres a mirage with simulator on your team you arent playing the game, Mirage is. That combonation clears waves too efectively. I just played an alert where 3 of us just sat in the spawn because we all knew there was no point.

Also, this is disgusting. Even if one player is capable of doing everything, there's no reason for you to sit at spawn and cry about it. People like you piss me the fvck off. Grow up and at least run to extraction and/or follow the dude to get your free affinity. 

Stay out of PUG's and you will never see one... Problem fixed.

3 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

It's not a personal attack, I'm stating that this thread is completely pointless as the Devs are aware of this 'issue' but they didn't do anything about it after thousands of pages of not only rants but actually good, reasonable posts. If those didn't make them change it then this thread won't either.
I wanted to point out that you are wasting your time on the forums with this topic.

Proposed nerf for Simulor instead: It deals self-damage like (most) launchers do. People wouldn't be so reckless with it then... plus you'd have to actually (kind of) aim.

8 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

People are just fed up with seeing this thread in the topic stream, almost as fed up as they are with seeing Mirage and Simulor combos in public games.

Honestly, I don't think the combo should be nerfed, I think people should be considerate and not run public with Mirage and Simulor in combination. Of course, getting DE to nerf that would be a lot easier than getting players to stop playing it. Truth is, Mirage with the Simulor is very useful if you actually planned to have her in your squad. However, running public? The same does not apply.

Just now, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Proposed nerf for Simulor instead: It deals self-damage like (most) launchers do. People wouldn't be so reckless with it then... plus you'd have to actually (kind of) aim.

Hell no. Self damage is already scaled stupidly for every single weapon except Tonkor (which deals 30 self dmg no matter what mods or anything you have equipped) and is probably one of the main sources of suiciding other than being trash at the game/having bad judgement. Simulor needs no changes, end of story. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

No!! That would be so stupid. There just a bug that needs to be fixed...

15 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Without any power strength the damage from your clones is only 20% each.  Yet due to a bug in the interaction with the Simulor they deal 100% damage when merging.
If DE could fix this bug it would drastically reduce the damage of this combo.

DE doesn't need to nerf anything or do a ridiculous idea like the OP proposes.  They just need to fix a bug.

in public you can do whatever floats your boat i don't care

but if i make a private session and ask not to use cheese (i rarely do this) u either listen or i make new group and leave you out

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Hell no. Self damage is already scaled stupidly for every single weapon except Tonkor (which deals 30 self dmg no matter what mods or anything you have equipped) and is probably one of the main sources of suiciding other than being trash at the game/having bad judgement. Simulor needs no changes, end of story. 

It was all in jest, no worries.

... In my serious opinion though, the Tonkor does need self-damage. I find it strange that I can walk up to an enemy and point-blank blast them with no repercussions. Plus, it's the only grenade launcher without any significant amount of self-damage, as well as having one of the highest damage outputs OF launchers, which tilts the balance extremely in its favor.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I just leave. Just leave, let them run it by themselves. That's what they're for, themselves. That combo does nothing but say "try to keep up as I kill everything. Get gud scrubs." So no, just take off, find another PUG if you see a Mirage Combo, Let them just enjoy the map by themselves without an audience.

That's what irritates me about Mirage + Simulor combos. Even when I can keep up with my Nikana Prime + Nidus combo, the Mirage always says 'git gud m8' when there is no skill involved in pressing a number key and just spamming left click wherever enemies show up..