Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulator shouldnt create aditional projectiles with Mirage.

booty_hunter

Mirage needs a rework, nerfing part of her abilities isn't possible, you can't say "that ability works that way UNLESS for that particular weapon because that would be too OP"

Whatever projectile weapon you're using it's always a mess when it comes to mirage.

Also, It's "simulor" not simulator.

This is like the 2427th thread about this. Haven't been changed after all those well-written posts, you really think this 2-line-thread will somehow magically make the Devs do something about the Simulor+Mirage combo?
Oh also, it's called SIMULOR, you didn't even get the weapon's name right.

Just now, Nazzami said:

I agreed i would also go and say that projectiles that comes from the clones should not be doing the full damage of the weapon

This is actually the entire problem of Mirage + Simulor: Its a bug!

Without any power strength the damage from your clones is only 20% each.  Yet due to a bug in the interaction with the Simulor they deal 100% damage when merging.
If DE could fix this bug it would drastically reduce the damage of this combo.

DE doesn't need to nerf anything or do a ridiculous idea like the OP proposes.  They just need to fix a bug.

4 minutes ago, ShadowFox14 said:

This is like the 2427th thread about this. Haven't been changed after all those well-written posts, you really think this 2-line-thread will somehow magically make the Devs do something about the Simulor+Mirage combo?
Oh also, it's called SIMULOR, you didn't even get the weapon's name right.

Why is this a personal attack?

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

I'm not sure it's a bug. It could be something to do with the way Simulor vortex merges are handled by the code - e.g. it's not flagged as a shot and Hall of Mirrors only affects shots.

I just leave. Just leave, let them run it by themselves. That's what they're for, themselves. That combo does nothing but say "try to keep up as I kill everything. Get gud scrubs." So no, just take off, find another PUG if you see a Mirage Combo, Let them just enjoy the map by themselves without an audience.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

12 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

The reason why is because when theres a mirage with simulator on your team you arent playing the game, Mirage is. That combonation clears waves too efectively. I just played an alert where 3 of us just sat in the spawn because we all knew there was no point.

Also, this is disgusting. Even if one player is capable of doing everything, there's no reason for you to sit at spawn and cry about it. People like you piss me the fvck off. Grow up and at least run to extraction and/or follow the dude to get your free affinity. 

3 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

It's not a personal attack, I'm stating that this thread is completely pointless as the Devs are aware of this 'issue' but they didn't do anything about it after thousands of pages of not only rants but actually good, reasonable posts. If those didn't make them change it then this thread won't either.
I wanted to point out that you are wasting your time on the forums with this topic.

8 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

People are just fed up with seeing this thread in the topic stream, almost as fed up as they are with seeing Mirage and Simulor combos in public games.

Honestly, I don't think the combo should be nerfed, I think people should be considerate and not run public with Mirage and Simulor in combination. Of course, getting DE to nerf that would be a lot easier than getting players to stop playing it. Truth is, Mirage with the Simulor is very useful if you actually planned to have her in your squad. However, running public? The same does not apply.

Just now, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Proposed nerf for Simulor instead: It deals self-damage like (most) launchers do. People wouldn't be so reckless with it then... plus you'd have to actually (kind of) aim.

Hell no. Self damage is already scaled stupidly for every single weapon except Tonkor (which deals 30 self dmg no matter what mods or anything you have equipped) and is probably one of the main sources of suiciding other than being trash at the game/having bad judgement. Simulor needs no changes, end of story. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Proposed nerf for Simulor instead: It deals self-damage like (most) launchers do. People wouldn't be so reckless with it then... plus you'd have to actually (kind of) aim.

No!! That would be so stupid. There just a bug that needs to be fixed...

15 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Without any power strength the damage from your clones is only 20% each.  Yet due to a bug in the interaction with the Simulor they deal 100% damage when merging.
If DE could fix this bug it would drastically reduce the damage of this combo.

DE doesn't need to nerf anything or do a ridiculous idea like the OP proposes.  They just need to fix a bug.

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Hell no. Self damage is already scaled stupidly for every single weapon except Tonkor (which deals 30 self dmg no matter what mods or anything you have equipped) and is probably one of the main sources of suiciding other than being trash at the game/having bad judgement. Simulor needs no changes, end of story. 

It was all in jest, no worries.

... In my serious opinion though, the Tonkor does need self-damage. I find it strange that I can walk up to an enemy and point-blank blast them with no repercussions. Plus, it's the only grenade launcher without any significant amount of self-damage, as well as having one of the highest damage outputs OF launchers, which tilts the balance extremely in its favor.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I just leave. Just leave, let them run it by themselves. That's what they're for, themselves. That combo does nothing but say "try to keep up as I kill everything. Get gud scrubs." So no, just take off, find another PUG if you see a Mirage Combo, Let them just enjoy the map by themselves without an audience.

That's what irritates me about Mirage + Simulor combos. Even when I can keep up with my Nikana Prime + Nidus combo, the Mirage always says 'git gud m8' when there is no skill involved in pressing a number key and just spamming left click wherever enemies show up..