The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker killing you is... meh

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Maybe this should be in the feedback but I'll let the mods decide

So I was in a mission with low levelled weapons. Stalker shows up and kills me... meh. Stalker rejoices in your reckoning and justice has been served, well good for you Stalker, good for you *tips fedora*. Now let me carry on with the mission :3. 

There is no real consequence in the Stalker killing/defeating you...

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

When the extra revives used to require plat if that frame died to many times in a day, it was a bigger deal.

Now you lose some affinity. Its fine. He wasted some of your time.

The biggest consequence is you didn't win and you lost a chance at some of his drops. No telling when he will visit you again if you actually wanted him too appear.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Should there be? Like having to go deface the Stalker's base/ship for losing a revive on a mission or a scar mark for the day or until you beat the Stalker which weakens you against all enemies?

The Gustrag Three puts on that ugly Ascaris thing on you and the Zanuka Hunter captures you. The only thing dying to the Stalker does is not getting your 100th Dread BP

1 minute ago, Xionyde134 said:

The Gustrag Three puts on that ugly Ascaris thing on you and the Zanuka Hunter captures you. The only thing dying to the Stalker does is not getting your 100th Dread BP

Yes and as Raydog and Firetempest mentioned, Stalker used to cost you a revive by beating you, which was pretty annoying while the Grustag 3 and Zanuka Hunter did not but inconvenienced you through making you have more trouble with wall runs, damage to grineer and costing rare resources to remove; and Zanuka Hunter disabled use of the captured warframe until the recovery mission was completed. Do we need Stalker having a debuff or penalty for being beaten by the him or his acolytes if they every start hunting us?

10 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

People actually lose to Zanuka Hunter?

It's usually dead before I even realise it showed up, that thing seriously needs a buff.

most of the time its on purpose :P...hell, i TRIED to lose to zankua a couple weeks ago.....and i STILL kicked its robotic parts :P

18 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

People actually lose to Zanuka Hunter?

Undergeared newbies do, I imagine, and those are the only ones who are truly threatened by the arrival of death squads for faction assassins at this point.

Probably why they tend to show up more consistently when you are geared with a single unranked weapon.

2 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

If he still cost a revive, it might be worth something.
If he cost a revive and removed all exp and items earned from the mission until point of death, oh yeah it might be remotely interesting.

Assassins only show up in the first five minutes of a mission, I believe, so even if you lost all affinity earned up to that point it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Now if you could lose items too? Well it would certainly make the lives of mods and support interesting when players started losing rare prime parts.

Here's a thought...

What if Stalker was able to sever your (the operator) link with the warframe? Forcing your operator to enter the mission and restore the link in one way or other...? 

And soon too: the corpus will be dragging the frame to dissection and the grinners will call Vor. Oh, and the infested will just try and assimilate it... by eating.. disgusting really...

well? WELL??

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

Assassins only show up in the first five minutes of a mission, I believe, so even if you lost all affinity earned up to that point it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Now if you could lose items too? Well it would certainly make the lives of mods and support interesting when players started losing rare prime parts.

Well RnG is RnG. You sometimes can get an exceedingly rare mod early in the game and then stalker threatens to make it naught. 
At least there is a potential loss there.

Just now, ComCray said:

Here's a thought...

What if Stalker was able to sever your (the operator) link with the warframe? Forcing your operator to enter the mission and restore the link in one way or other...? 

And soon too: the corpus will be dragging the frame to dissection and the grinners will call Vor. Oh, and the infested will just try and assimilate it... by eating.. disgusting really...

well? WELL??

Others might not like this idea. But here's my idea, when you lose against the Stalker, you're forced to complete the mission as a Tenno and you can't use that particular Warframe for 12 hours. 

The problem with making him too much of a punishment to lose against is that you then have to balance how often he actually kills you. As he is a random spawn and most players have an infinite amount of deathmarks from him, you aren't really avoid his arrival. So if he is powerful AND has a big punishment there will be a lot of unhappy players. IMO, the more deadly an assassin the less sever the punishment, which is in a way already in place.

Just imagine Stalker showing up, at complete random, and screwing your mission over. That is not fun, all of these pro gamers that want a massive punishment will regret their decision next time Stalker shows up when they are not prepared.

I would much rather have Stalker be a big threat in his fight than have is punishment be a huge threat, as others said earlier the punishment for losing is not getting his drops. Positive reinforcement is better than negative.

Edited by DrBorris

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

I'd rather prefer it if Stalker actually made you fail the mission, essentially using all 4 of your revives up. I think it would add decent enough consequence to him killing you.

Not really, it would just limit frame/build diversity as you'd always have to bring a loadout that could take on Stalker comfortably.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Others might not like this idea. But here's my idea, when you lose against the Stalker, you're forced to complete the mission as a Tenno and you can't use that particular Warframe for 12 hours. 

Psah.. others.. who listens to them... :P

Good idea though. Not so much finish the mission but do get to exfil as an operator, the mission being a bust at that point. Not sure about the 12hr penalty but maybe a visit to the ships doctor (Helmith? Hemlith? Bob?) to re-adjust the link.. or something... 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Wouldn't make much sense for the operator to transport to the mission zone when they could just stay in the ship and not transfer their body to the Warframe.

5 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Not really, it would just limit frame/build diversity as you'd always have to bring a loadout that could take on Stalker comfortably.

Yea... considering Ive taken out the Shadow Stalker with unranked items on a frame I really disliked playing and thus had little experience on, your loadout has pretty minimal impact on if you can beat him. Mostly its just ammo you run out of (which I had to use a restore in that fight, mind you).

having some form of failure state is important, ye. lack of any failure state means not discouraging hand waving if one isn't interested.
ideally having a reason to wish to succeed at something, while also having a reason to not wish to fail at it - one that is different from the reason to wish to succeed.

18 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

For the most part, sure, unless you get unlucky about which room you get locked into with him.

idunno about anyone else, but when some angry dude poofs into my Mission with the intent to Kill me, in the ample warning i get before that, i make sure i'm in an area with reasonable room to move around.

59 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Mhm however, the Grustrag put that on you to make you less of a threat to grineer operations and Zanukas purpose is to capture so you can be carved up like a thanksgiving turkey for spare parts. Stalkers purpose is to kill you for his sense of justice. So that's what he does or attempts to do.

36 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Here's a thought...

well? WELL??

34 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Hope those both would be after a major rework of some sort because as it stands, enemies of even little level will turn you into paste. Might as well just fail the mission tbh.