Question

Have you guys ever got on trade chat and encountered the "WTS" types that say,

(Example)

WTS Secura Lecta Pm me an offer. 

(buyer) 20plat? 

(seller) Lol

(buyer) ???

(Seller doesn't respond)

Yeah its annoying AF right? Now for players who are familer with the general market, Syndicate weapons can go generally anywhere from 30-60plat (depends on the weapon), but not everyone is gonna know this right? Of course not, because this is a pretty big game and you dont know everyone on here and not everyone is as familer with the trade market as you.

Hi everyone, I'm Jack, and I just wanna take a quick minute and give some tips to all you fine gents who either don't know very much about the market, or about Marketing etiquette. 

When you jump into the endless deep-space of trade chat, there are some things you need to know, as well as manners you need to learn and use.

Firstly, when you are selling something, its best to NAME YOUR PRICE!. If you don't name your price in the original post, that's fine "even though its a bit annoying". But if you don't name your price, you really need to know how much you're looking to get out of whatever you're selling.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Saying that, its inappropriate for you to post your item, asking people to Pm you and then just ignoring them if they don't say the magic platinum number that's running in your head, or you just assume they are trolling. Be honest with yourself and admit that, that excuse is no real excuse at all and its just you in denial. there is no REAL WAY, to tell if someone is trolling, unless made obvious (Trolls generally taunt, name call, put antagonizing words in their message like Lol, haha, your funny, ect... Like I said, it should be obvious. But if it isn't then I'm sorry for you and you need to further ponder the depths of your soul to understand it). 

So what have we covered? 

1. Don't be a dill weed :) No one likes them unless used with pickles. Treat others how you would like to be treated, Warframe has one of the best gaming community's I've encountered in years. There are more kind and helpful players here than on other games "Looks menacingly at Riot games, yes your community sucks".

*cough*, Second

2. If you're going to sell something and you've asked for people to PM you instead of posting you're price - Be courteous and take everything with a grain of salt (not the entire salt shaker bro). You might be talking with a new player, or someone who's been gone for a while and the market has changed, or someone who just lives in their liset and does nothing but stare intently at their Chubby Lotus Kubrow, or in horror at the lump of deformed flesh that their Kavat has changed into "Refer to Hyekka Furless Pattern. . .  (yeah man, its that disturbing)".

3. FOR THE LOVE OF MOTHER LOTUS AND DEMENTED CEPHALONS EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS, ALWAYS BARGAIN! Only suckers buy something at full price. Even though I can afford to, I'm not gonna just roll over and not attempt to be frugal with my currency. Get competitive, there are a hundred other players with the same loot who are trying to sell. (BUYERS- If they state their price in trade chat, and you still wanna try and bargain for a high priced item, ask first if its neogtiable. If not then DO NOT PATRANIZE THEM with "the Art of the Deal") Lets not lose traditional Trading/Bartering by being over zealous. If you're selling, and you ain't down for that shindig and someone is trying to barter with you, just say, "sorry man, I'm adamant on my price" or "Sorry its non negotiable". People can understand that others have a budget, and you don't need to be rude and degrade them for it, or ignore them "which is equally rude". Just say you're not interested. There's no need for the people in this community to be as rude or brutal as compared to people on the internet. (comments from readers- "Dude, you do know you're on the internet right now, right? Freaking pleb!") Yeah stop being smart, you know what I mean. :P

And if you're they type to just sit and wait for the platinum fairies to bring you all the goodies you desire, you should check out this website! https://warframe.market/ (if you haven't seen this before, quietly walk to your room, lay down in the fetal position and just cry to yourself about all the hours you've wasted sitting in trade and the torture of the text that has burned into your soul).

With all that being said I just wanna say that this game has made INCREDIBLE STRIDES, in both development from DE and contributions from awesome players and fans. Lets all share the love and do right by one another. I mean, just think, what would Clem do?

Anywho, hope all you beautiful mofo's are having fun, and are keeping it real in-game. 

Until next time - JackSwallows. clemclemclemclemclemclemclem.

Edited by N7-JackSwallows
Grammar bruh.

21 minutes ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

FOR THE LOVE OF MOTHER LOTUS AND DEMENTED CEPHALONS EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS, ALWAYS BARGAIN! Only suckers buy something at full price.

And this is the exact reason that sellers never specify a price and ask for an offer. It's not in their interest to sell for a lower price, and whenever they specify a price, they are met with "OMG you are trying to scam me" or "NO NO NO it's not WORT THAT MUCH".

I feel like this is a really one sided guide. It would be nice to add a few things as rules for buyers to follow too.

Overall, the rule is (for both sides)`

• If you don't like the price, that doesn't mean somebody is scamming. Just say "nty" and move on.
Edited by SeriousSkipper
Grammar is hard. Clarified the "rule".

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Everyone wants to sell their unranked ammo drum for 50p+.  A lot of sellers want to catch a whale.

The word "offer" is a warning signal that you probably shouldn't even consider doing business with them.

An offer of 1p less than the number the seller has in their head will result in a non-response.

yeah, and sadly thats something that largely effects the trade chat. I don't think there's much that can be done about it unless the turds who are doing it look deep into their souls and realize they are the problem. x3

10 minutes ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

WTS Secura Lecta Pm me an offer. 

(buyer) 20plat? 

The one thing that stood out for me which I just had to comment on is this.  Something that just never really made sense to me.  When buying syndicate items, you (the universal you) are basically buying standing.  There is no real special difficulty in obtaining one mod over another or one weapon over another.  

25k standing (one mod) is usually 10 plat.  Therefore a syndicate weapon (125k standing) should be 50 plat (10p x (5 x 25k) = 50p, no? did I do that wrong?)

Adjusting for supply and demand on a particular syndicate's weaponry/standing shouldn't increase/decrease the value that exponentially.  I know this isn't about just syndicates, its just something that's always bothered me.

Very good guide either way, but since it is all literally common sense it really isn't difficult to make one.  The problem is expecting people to adhere to common sense on the internet.  That is far more difficult than is imaginable, which is sad.

4 minutes ago, SeriousSkipper said:

And this is the exact reason that sellers never specify a price and ask for an offer. It's not in their interest to sell for a lower price, and whenever they specify a price, they are met with "OMG you are trying to scam me" or "NO NO NO it's not WORT THAT MUCH".

I feel like this is a really one sided guide. It would be nice to add a few things as rules for buyers to follow too.

Overall, the rule is`

• If you don't like the price, that doesn't mean somebody is scamming. Just say "nty" and move on.

TBH if the mod is worth 20 plat andi want 50 plat then i am scamming you

1 minute ago, SeriousSkipper said:

And this is the exact reason that sellers never specify a price and ask for an offer. It's not in their interest to sell for lower price, and whenever they specify a price, they are met with "OMG you are trying to scam me" or "NO NO NO it's not WORT THAT MUCH".

I feel like this is a really one sided guide. It would be nice to ad a few things as rules for buyers to follow too.

Overall, the rule is`

Well that's why people shouldn't dump the entire salt shaker in their mouth. Just take one grain at a time and be courteous. Also, good insight, maybe I'll name this Clem's guide to proper selling etiquette x3, since that IS generally what I was trying to talk about. Sometimes I get tunnel vision, thank god(DE) for the edit button.

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Trade chat is still a thing?
I am only selling over Warframe-Market because in trade chat all i get are rude comments.

WF-market makes selling/buying smooth and easy without much negotiation.

I use the Warframe-Market very, very frequently as well since I don't have to sit in my liset and burn my eyes out going through a trade chat on there, I get to play at my leisure and wait for the plat to flooooow. Although when I have plat to burn, I'll see what people are selling and pick up anything that takes my fancy.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

The one thing that stood out for me which I just had to comment on is this.  Something that just never really made sense to me.  When buying syndicate items, you (the universal you) are basically buying standing.  There is no real special difficulty in obtaining one mod over another or one weapon over another.  

25k standing (one mod) is usually 10 plat.  Therefore a syndicate weapon (125k standing) should be 50 plat (10p x (5 x 25k) = 50p, no? did I do that wrong?)

Adjusting for supply and demand on a particular syndicate's weaponry/standing shouldn't increase/decrease the value that exponentially.  I know this isn't about just syndicates, its just something that's always bothered me.

Very good guide either way, but since it is all literally common sense it really isn't difficult to make one.  The problem is expecting people to adhere to common sense on the internet.  That is far more difficult than is imaginable, which is sad.

Well most  sell between 20 and 50 plat (mostly around 20) but the lesser used syndicates tend to go for more.

Just now, Shirafunes said:

Maybe I don't feel like staying in the trade chat and have 60K plat. I'm just going to buy it from you, and that's far from scamming.

If 2 people agree on the price, that can't be scamming.
Some of my friends were criticising me for buying Rivens for 500+ plat. "OMG you got scammed". Except that Rivens were worth to me that much, and it wasn't worth for me investing more time into finding a cheaper deal.

It's completely different if someone sets up a special scheme where he forces you to believe that something costs 20x the medium price. But that's really hard in warframe's reality since both warframe.market and pricechecks exist.

Just now, SeriousSkipper said:

Maybe I don't feel like staying in the trade chat and have 60K plat. I'm just going to buy it from you, and that's far from scamming.

If 2 people agree on the price, that can't be scamming.
Some of my friends were criticising me for buying Rivens for 500+ plat. "OMG you got scammed". Except that Rivens were worth to me that much, and it wasn't worth for me investing more time into finding a cheaper deal.

It's completely different if someone sets up a special scheme where he forces you to believe that something costs 20x the medium price. But that's really hard in warframe's reality since both warframe.market and pricechecks exist.

I agree to a point, I've had instances like that where I'm the one actually selling something at a pretty hefty markup, and sometimes I catch a new player on the hook. "They are pretty obvious to spot, at least for me". Thats the point where I refuse to cross, I'm not gonna do that to any new players, and sometimes instead of selling it at all, I'll just give it to them along with other stuff I think they'll need. Thats just the player helping another player in me at least. But everyones different x3.

15 minutes ago, Shirafunes said:

You're talking about moral ambiguity.  The example you're presenting is known as gouging.  Although it's a less than admirable practice, it is an acceptable form of profiting.  That's not scamming.

Scamming, for example, is when someone switches plat amounts at the last second without the other party realizing the amount had been changed.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

3 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You can sell stuff quicker by telling the price yourself. There's NOTHING more aggravating than people asking for an offer. It gives me a feel you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're even selling.

Essentially that and 95% of the time they'll just ignore/block you because your offer wasn't enough, but the OP covered that.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

You're talking about moral ambiguity.  The example you're presenting is known as gouging.  Although it's a less than admirable practice, it is an acceptable form of profiting.  That's not scamming.

Scamming, for example, is when someone switches plat amounts at the last second without the other party realizing the amount had been changed.

Well that is the players fault too, never be in such a rush that you miss something so obvious.

2 minutes ago, N7-JackSwallows said:

I agree to a point, I've had instances like that where I'm the one actually selling something at a pretty hefty markup, and sometimes I catch a new player on the hook. "They are pretty obvious to spot, at least for me". Thats the point where I refuse to cross, I'm not gonna do that to any new players, and sometimes instead of selling it at all, I'll just give it to them along with other stuff I think they'll need. Thats just the player helping another player in me at least. But everyones different x3.

Interestingly, my experience really differs.
Every single time I saw someone buying starter mods like Lethal Torrent/Barrel Diffusion, I just PMed them with a minimal price from wf market. And then it goes like`

• Me: Hello. 5p for Lethal Torrent
  • Him: *3 minutes of silence*
  • Me: *Closes the tab*
  • Him: *10 minutes later while I'm in a mission.* 2p
  • Me: nty
  • and sometimes
  • Him: IT COSTS 2p. YOU ARE TRYING TO SCAM ME. *User is ignoring you.*

So, yeah. Experiences differ.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You can sell stuff quicker by telling the price yourself. There's NOTHING more aggravating than people asking for an offer. It gives me a feel you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're even selling.

I feel like its that, or they are trying to take bids, and lets be honest. If your trying to get bids, your just gonna piss everyone off, your name will be on a many ignore lists (cuts into marketing profits) and then you'll still be stuck with your loot because your a greedy mofo. x3