The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth kyst destroy the new players experience

lukinu_u

As a Guide of the Lotus, I saw a lot of new players asking what is the "pink dot" on their neck.
When there is the Ascaris early in the game, player immediatly think the Helminth cyst is something bad too and what to delete is faster as possible, most of them make it their main goal before thinking about more important things, like trying new weapons and warframe or just enjoy and play the game.

To solve this problem, I think we should lock the infection to MR4 to let the new players progress online without being infected by a cyst they will not be able to remove before finishing The Glast Gambit.

Agreed. There has to be some kind of lock or control gate. The infested door is too far behind on the chain for someone new. Maybe it should work only on players who have finished the second dream?

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

actually u can remove it if it fully matures in the chair without doing the quest c.c

Still it can break the flow of content if you are new.

True Hemmo67 but that is ugly thing and need to wait a full week to remove it and you need to do this with all of your frames too which is just annoying also before you tbeest wrote an another thing which is true because new players doesn't know what is this and what to do with it and this kills the mystery too.

The normal way should have been an universal cure against the helminth cyst (virus) which could have been buy in the market for x amount of credits.

That is not ruin the mystery and whom wish to do the quest and want to open the door those needs to get the nidus fo it. When they released this feature they doesn't thought over enough the consequences.

Edited by Sziklamester

13 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

As a Guide of the Lotus, I saw a lot of new players asking what is the "pink dot" on their neck.
When there is the Ascaris early in the game, player immediatly think the Helminth cyst is something bad too and what to delete is faster as possible, most of them make it their main goal before thinking about more important things, like trying new weapons and warframe or just enjoy and play the game.

To solve this problem, I think we should lock the infection to MR4 to let the new players progress online without being infected by a cyst they will not be able to remove before finishing The Glast Gambit.

I completely agree with this.

1 minute ago, Neear said:

I completely agree with this.

I am agree with this but the mr lock is not really the way to help this.

There should be a tutorial like video or lotus signal about the helminth and how to cure if you wish then go to the market and buy the cure for 5k credits / each frame and that is still more humane.

While I don't think it "destroys the new player experience", I do agree that it breaks the flow of the game (from a lore perspective) for new players to see and be affected by the cysts.

I'd suggest that players should be immune until they have at least completed TSD, and ideally wouldn't even be able to see cysts on other players' frames.

Like how Shadow Stalker doesn't show up in missions with players who haven't completed TSD.

2 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I am agree with this but the mr lock is not really the way to help this.

There should be a tutorial like video or lotus signal about the helminth and how to cure if you wish then go to the market and buy the cure for 5k credits / each frame and that is still more humane.

Well i mean the prerequisite to even do the glast gambit is completing TWW which is locked at MR5 so I believe it would feel more fluid to have it locked behind MR.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Cant believe the butthurt over the cyst that goes away in a week if you sit in a chair.

How long have you been playing?  Not about being "butthurt" its about new players having no freaking clue what it is, why they have it, and if you read the OP, thinking its a bad thing that must be gotten rid of.

My new friend that joined was so confused when he found out the infested were friendly after I was hyping them to be this scary 3rd faction. He was even more confused with the whole storyline of what the warframes were and the infested since he hasn't reached the natah quest in Uranus. Really needs to be gated behind the right story flow. 

1 hour ago, kasalaba said:

Agreed. There has to be some kind of lock or control gate. The infested door is too far behind on the chain for someone new. Maybe it should work only on players who have finished the second dream?

Still it can break the flow of content if you are new.

Frankly, it should only be accessible to players who have completed the Glast Gambit, and have a Nidus. Or at least have finished the Quest.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

While I don't think it "destroys the new player experience", I do agree that it breaks the flow of the game (from a lore perspective) for new players to see and be affected by the cysts.

I'd suggest that players should be immune until they have at least completed TSD, and ideally wouldn't even be able to see cysts on other players' frames.

Like how Shadow Stalker doesn't show up in missions with players who haven't completed TSD.

Actually, he still shows up... It's how I got my War Blueprint before even starting TSD.

1 hour ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Cant believe the butthurt over the cyst that goes away in a week if you sit in a chair.

It's not about "butthurt" over the aesthetics of the cyst.

It's about that cyst breaking the flow of the game from the perspective of new players, and serving no purpose for them other than to confound the plot and mechanics.

Cysts are "from" the plotline of The Glast Gambit. TGG, in turn, is a plot that comes after the player resolves the main plotline in The Second Dream and The War Within. For a player that has been playing the game since before TGG, Helminth has been behind an unopenable door for some time now -- a door that Ordis mentions in TWW. It's a mystery. The idea is that, after TGG, you can open that door and deal with Helminth and all the cyst stuff that goes with that.

By getting the cyst early -- which a new player is basically guaranteed to do -- you are introduced to plot that happens WELL after the point in the story you're likely at. You can open the door before you're supposed so, and having the cyst before you've even met Helminth breaks his dialogue. You can get into a situation where you are supposed to drain the cyst into a Kubrow Egg you don't have sitting in an incubator that doesn't exist, and you might not even know what the hell a Kubrow is to begin with. And it's ESPECIALLY problematic considering that the first thing you do in the game, removing the Ascaris, involves a thing that is conspicuously attached to your warframe -- just as the Helminth Cyst is.

It's bad game flow, and it should be addressed. Players that have not started The Glast Gambit shouldn't be interacting with the cyst system at all.

I would have much preferred to leave the Cyst bit gated behind the Glast Gambit, personally. I had, and have, no plans to engage with that quest and my happiness is undiminished, except for having to sit around waiting to cure all...20 or so of my waframes. 

It could have been left for the people interested in the whole sordid tale of the Infested and Nidus and whoever Glast is. Which is where it makes sense to be: for the players interested in it. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack