Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove all arcwing missions from the game

Phyroks

There are reason why most space games make flying feel like it would be done in atmosphere rather than just turrets rotating in space. The minimap and indicators are in noway good to represent map in 3d. Overall there is nothing that feels like it would have been done well, finding anything in mission is just complete bs.

Remove the arcwing missions from game (or give them some lonely planet with no alert missions or need to go to) and dont bring them back until there is complete remake so no one has to suffer over them.

edit :Aw crap i gues i should have posted this under missions instead.

Edited by Phyroks

No. git gud.

The problem we have atm is, when arcwing was implemented, it had a more restricted/traditional maneuvering setup. After they changed it to full free flight (or w/e it's called) it became a bit chaotic specially when it comes to the minimap, also lovels were designed witht he old mobility in mind and now new mobility just doesn't fit.

Arcwing isn't bad to me, it's just sadly divorced from normal play. It would be awesome being able to give support to other squadmates from the archwing, but now we either are full archwing/no foot sections or completely in foot sections OR archwing sections in missions, no synergy between the two.

Well, fact is that they have to be ran in order to unlock extractors and there are some alerts that give nice stuff on Archwing missions and you might not get the chance to get them simply due to lack of luck :) (I could not get Vauban Neuroptics until I get an archwing alert). So, they are mandatory in a way.

Other than that, except from the weird corpus ship tileset which is extremely annoying to navigate, I have no problem with the open space ones. Surely there are a lot of improvements needed, especially on the minimap. You cannot find where the item is actually located and you can miss mods or tellurium, or even your way towards extraction or the next objective... Also, the way exp is distributed in the cell, open space is too wide, so I believe that a wider affinity radius would help. What I find annoying too, is that to build the nicer weapons you have to gain standing on 2 syndicates at least and some times they are enemies to each other...

38 minutes ago, Phyroks said:

There are reason why most space games make flying feel like it would be done in atmosphere rather than just turrets rotating in space. The minimap and indicators are in noway good to represent map in 3d. Overall there is nothing that feels like it would have been done well, finding anything in mission is just complete bs.

Remove the arcwing missions from game (or give them some lonely planet with no alert missions or need to go to) and dont bring them back until there is complete remake so no one has to suffer over them.

edit :Aw crap i gues i should have posted this under missions instead.

you forgot to frown and stomp

Yeah, definitely in the wrong section. Been there. For what it's worth, I mostly agree.

Archwing mode was a fun idea that was horribly implemented. Removing it until it's been fixed would be grand, but I don't think that's gonna happen, because as it's been said, some people like it.

I'm sure they'll get around to fixing the steaming pile of dungheap...eventually. So far, every person I've met ingame despises Archwing missions. The mere suggestion makes them groan and hold their head in their hands.

So rest assured- you're far from alone in your opinion.

If every piece of the game that some people think are awful, broken, terrible things were to be taken out of the game until they are "fixed"... there would be nothing left in the game. Feel free to suggest a solution, but just calling something garbage and saying it should be removed is not even remotely helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 8:22 AM, peterc3 said:

Feel free to suggest a solution, but just calling something garbage and saying it should be removed is not even remotely helpful.

By now I'm pretty sure there's been countless people who have gone in depth about what's wrong with Archwing.

I personally don't feel like writing an essay, so I'll just concur and say "It sucks, please make it better!" because I don't feel like putting a bunch of time and effort into a presentation that will just be ignored and start pointless circular arguments where insults fly like gunfire and nobody sees eye to eye on anything.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

By now I'm pretty sure there's been countless people who have gone in depth about what's wrong with Archwing.

I personally don't feel like writing an essay, so I'll just concur and say "It sucks, please make it better!" because I don't feel like putting a bunch of time and effort into a presentation that will just be ignored and start pointless circular arguments where insults fly like gunfire and nobody sees eye to eye on anything.

That's not what OP was asking for. They want archwing removed until it is totally redone. This is asinine and totally worthless as feedback.

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

They want archwing removed until it is totally redone. This is asinine and totally worthless as feedback.

You could just say "What about Archwing is so terrible that you think it should be removed?" instead of being disparaging.

While we may be on the internet where apparently anything goes, acting with some decorum can help prevent drama and saltiness.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

You could just say "What about Archwing is so terrible that you think it should be removed?" instead of being disparaging.

While we may be on the internet where apparently anything goes, acting with some decorum can help prevent drama and saltiness.

It's not on responding posters to help raise the quality of an OP to a minimal acceptable level.

If someone's going to create a new thread, at least they should put in some effort.

If they just want to whine, there are plenty of already existing threads they can put their pointless comment in.

Edit: Why does this thread have 'SPOILERS' and 'PC' tags? Neither apply here.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It's not on responding posters to help raise the quality of an OP to a minimal acceptable level.

If someone's going to create a new thread, at least they should put in some effort.

If they just want to whine, there are plenty of already existing threads they can put their pointless comment in.

Edit: Why does this thread have 'SPOILERS' and 'PC' tags? Neither apply here.

It's not on anyone to raise the quality of a thread, just as it's not on anyone to lower it, yet people are doing the latter just fine. If you're going to do one or the other anyway, might as well do the former.

Edited by (PS4)Carnatus
rewording

Archwing is an okay idea poorly executed, far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't miss it if was quietly excised from the game. 

But that will never happen, so I hope they can at least improve the execution. 

Short answer, don't bother asking for removal - we're stuck with it. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

On 3/13/2017 at 1:03 AM, NightBlitz said:

just an fyi, removing it would cause a metric ton of issues

Like...? 

Im kinda with OP. I dont think that they should be removed completely (or at least accept that theyve put so much into it at this point that they wont) but removing it as a requirement for important things in the game would be much appreciated. FOr instance the fact that you have to do archwing missions for Limbo basically ensured that I wont ever get him unless im feeling really masochistic. 

50 minutes ago, melonlord said:

Like...? 

Im kinda with OP. I don't think that they should be removed completely (or at least accept that they've put so much into it at this point that they won't) but removing it as a requirement for important things in the game would be much appreciated. For instance the fact that you have to do archwing missions for Limbo basically ensured that I won't ever get him unless I'm feeling really masochistic. 

That and Atlas. Oh, and Alerts too.

Btw...

lol, I hate spy missions, truly hate them! Should they put Ivara somewhere else to be acquired just because I don´t like spy missions and because of that probably will never get her?

Screw that!

If you want something you work for it. Even if you don´t like the work. Atlas and Limbo are not Archwing only missions. Especially Limbo, the Archwing part for Limbo is a joke and really easy even with a low level archwing and it´s short.