The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The look you paid for.

Raun

2 hours ago, Raun said:

Chances are, you have Purchased the Nova Asuri Collection OR you have you eye on it. Allow me to reveal one truth that might make you reconsider your Purchase.

You know what can potentially make me reconsider a purchase?  Research.  You clearly did none.  The skin has been out long enough it would have taken 5 minutes to discover everything you are complaining about and stopped you from buying it and making this thread.

Lesson learned?

1 minute ago, Xaranoth said:

Afaik only mods can delete threads. It looks like you already asked for this to be deleted, if a mod comes through and feels it's appropriate, they'll delete it. Otherwise it'll just get buried in a week or two, so it doesn't make too much difference.

That would be cool. Kind of an odd way to go about it.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You know what can potentially make me reconsider a purchase?  Research.  You clearly did none.  The skin has been out long enough it would have taken 5 minutes to discover everything you are complaining about and stopped you from buying it and making this thread.

Lesson learned?

Yes, lesson learned. One lesson this site needs to learn is how to program in topic writer deletion. Wouldn't that make it easier if moderators didn't need to do ALL the donkey work?

1 hour ago, Raun said:

Yes, lesson learned. One lesson this site needs to learn is how to program in topic writer deletion. Wouldn't that make it easier if moderators didn't need to do ALL the donkey work?

Allowing all users free reign to post anything they wish then delete it isn't something most forums in gaming communities tend to do.  You can, however, report your own thread and request it be locked or deleted at any time.   If the moderators get sick of doing such tasks maybe someday they will change this policy.

3 hours ago, Raun said:

The problem is you are arguing that your opinion and need is the right way instead of accepting you were wrong. The Warframe Forums are not at fault here. Just next time do some research before making purchases of any kind of anything in life. Also make sure to use the search function on the forums. These threads were made by the dozens when the skin came out. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

7 hours ago, Raun said:

Chances are, you have Purchased the Nova Asuri Collection OR you have you eye on it. Allow me to reveal one truth that might make you reconsider your Purchase.
The lovely arm effect with that Unique and Sacred Danavi Syandana is ONLY seen when doing Abilities (from what I can tell, only for Nova as well).

I personally believe that once you have used your plat (and maybe real money) to buy that bundle, you should get the enjoyment of seeing those arms at all times and on ANY frame.
It's pretty much THE most eye catching part of the Bundle, in my brutal honesty.You bought it, what should it matter which frame you put that Syandana on? Don't you think that considering the price, it's a little bit of a cop out?

If this is merely an error in my options, please tell me and this Topic will be deleted.

If you experience this and want to see what you bought, Please give this a good rating or a like (whatever, I'm new to this lol) to let D E know of what their fans want and make it so we can see that Syandana in all it's glory with the frame of your choice.

Thank you very much for your time and Happy Hunting Fellow Tenno.

That actually made me want the skin now. I was kinda turned off because of the arms but now I know. I don't mind seeing it as an animation but it would be creepy if it just stayed there like a Syandana. 

8 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

They only made animations to coincide with the handful of Nova animations that display the arms. 

To make them permanent, or even to extend them to the multitude of other Warframe's casting animations would be an absolutely monstrous undertaking for the animation team for what would amount to a cute visual perk.

There's zero chance of this happening.

They just need to rig them to the arm bones, done. The arms will mimic the frame arms and spawn only when you cast a spell.

Look at how Goro or Sheeva are made in Mortal Kombat, it's not impossible at all. But the result would be "too good" for a platinum thing I guess, they didn't want to see crazy arms everywhere. But the reason is not because it's hard to do imo

Still the worst syandana ever, ever :clem:

Edited by Xgomme

5 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

They just need to rig them to the arm bones, done. The arms will mimic the frame arms and spawn only when you cast a spell.

Look at how Goro or Shiva are made in Mortal Kombat, it's not impossible at all. But the result would be "too good" for a platinum thing I guess, they didn't want to see crazy arms everywhere. But the reason is not because it's hard to do imo

Shiva and Goro were extremely difficult to animate in the MK9. It was a huge undertaking, just as a described. However, they were worth the extra effort because it was such an iconic part of their design and of the MK franchise itself, which originated when they used physical puppets and the body shape was only limited by the puppets themselves. 

The reasoning that it would look 'too good' makes literally zero sense, especially if it's something that would take little effort.

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Shiva and Goro were extremely difficult to animate in the MK9. It was a huge undertaking, just as a described. However, they were worth the extra effort because it was such an iconic part of their design and of the MK franchise itself, which originated when they used physical puppets and the body shape was only limited by the puppets themselves. 

The reasoning that it would look 'too good' makes literally zero sense, especially if it's something that would take little effort.

I'm ok the codding was a problem for some fatalities, we can still see some bugs. But I'm not talking about the whole character, just how they handled the additional arms in most situations. For the Asuri case it's not a big deal. (If you have sources btw, cause I talk from what I saw in the game, but looks like you're living with the devs :clem: )

And I said "too good" not "look too good" . If those arms were for any frame and at such a low price you can be sure to see them everywhere 2 days later. Maybe too much for the eyes and the engine... So an exclusive version for Nova is the best choice, even if it's not that hard to do it for any frames

1 hour ago, Krhymez said:

I want these arms enabled at all times also. We should have the option to.

When i purchased the skin... i thought these arms would be a part of it.

The arms are a part of it, though. Directly part of the skin. As intended.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

The arms are a part of it, though. Directly part of the skin. As intended.

This is what the screen looks like what i bought it

latest?cb=20160804010739

Granted i was a noob when i bought it, but i though it was part of the skin. Only took about 10 minutes to get over the fact that this was not the skin.... BUT thats not saying i would not love to have a toggle option to have it enabled.

The likelihood of anyone caring about this is fairly minimal, but I feel compelled to note: She is not a reference to Kali-- Kali has some very specific visual depictions that denote her identity that are not at all included in the Nova Asuri skin.

The visual theme of the Asuri skin is quite clearly based on Tibetan and Nepalese Buddhist design motifs. Specifically, she bears visual similarity to Tibetan/Nepalese Buddhist prayer wheels, temple architecture, and decorative beads. Multiple arms are a symbolic representation of divinity and aspects of holy power. This idea carried over from the culture that existed in these regions previous to the arrival of Buddhism, and was adapted into its religious canon accordingly.

The name itself, Asuri, is a feminine version of 'Asura', who are powerful beings (often antagonists to the Devas) in Hindu and Buddhist mythology. They share many of the same symbolic representations of higher power-- like the multiple arms. The hand gestures themselves have specific meaning/implication that I don't remember at this time.

I don't really think anybody here cares for in depth discussion of religious symbolism but my point is that it makes sense for the arms to only appear when Nova uses her powers, if you're going with the motif of Nova as an avatar or representation of an Indo-Buddhist goddess. 

FWIW, personally, there are a lot of things I don't find visually appealing about this skin, but I did appreciate that it was specifically Tibetan/Nepalese in aesthetic, which is rarely represented in any form in sci-fi media or popular culture in the west at all. I thought that was a neat angle to take, but were I the art director, I might have had a few notes before it was released :) 

2 hours ago, shadrad said:

The visual theme of the Asuri skin is quite clearly based on Tibetan and Nepalese Buddhist design motifs. Specifically, she bears visual similarity to Tibetan/Nepalese Buddhist prayer wheels, temple architecture, and decorative beads. Multiple arms are a symbolic representation of divinity and aspects of holy power. This idea carried over from the culture that existed in these regions previous to the arrival of Buddhism, and was adapted into its religious canon accordingly.

Huh, fair enough, those images look a lot more like the Nova skin.

16 hours ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it explicitly say that this is how it works in the bundle?

It does state this actually. The arms that come out are on novas ability cast not from the syandana itself so they are part of the skin not the syandana. But yes if you read the description before you buy it that is clearly stated.

oh man do you ever see a thread that you think would have needed just one answer so and you look at it once and never look at it again, but then you keep seeing it at the top of the forum page and it keeps getting more and more pages so you take a look to see why and you just see a sh*tstorm of people arguing over the silliest thing