The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exterminate feels a bit more cruel and sadistic now

Hypernaut1

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

With the old exterminate, it at least felt like maybe we were accomplishing a goal. Exterminate all enemies, leave the post empty for what ever reason. Now it feels like we're just harassing the enemy, and killing for the pure fun of killing. We kill 100 or so, then just leave when we're bored.

Its a bit more sadistic no? Lotus is brutal

For me, killing enemies just for killing them and getting some credits is boring as hell. I'm doing extermination only for Syndicates and Nitain Extracts.

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

feels like we kidnapped a grineer soldier and mutated him into a pet to have run around.

It kinda makes sense, kiddos have no grown ups to teach them right from wrong and they are lead by an entity who does nothing except sending death squads upon random factions. It's like the Lord of the Flies in space.

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

The Grineer workers in the shipyard, could they not be considered civilians? I mean, they never seem to attack me on sight unlike everything else in this game.

They do attack if they see you.

Their LoS is just lower than the other Grineer.

MUCH lower.

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

They do attack if they see you.

Their LoS is just lower than the other Grineer.

MUCH lower.

Hmmm, maybe the ones I saw were bugged then. They were on top of and repairing a laser machine. I was jumping up and down, even occasionally rubbing up against them. They didn't even look up.

All I wanted was a little attention...

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Hmmm, maybe the ones I saw were bugged then. They were on top of and repairing a laser machine. I was jumping up and down, even occasionally rubbing up against them. They didn't even look up.

All I wanted was a little attention...

They did not notice you... the FIENDS!

45 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

It kinda makes sense, kiddos have no grown ups to teach them right from wrong and they are lead by an entity who does nothing except sending death squads upon random factions. It's like the Lord of the Flies in space.

But not only lotus encourages us to kill. Just think about the syndicates, they will say that  genocide is necessary and the only way to earn reputation with them is to slaughter as many people as you can. Also they will try to kill you if they dont like you. Similaris wants you to synthesize targets (which is his fancy way to say end their live) and theshin wants you to kill your fellow tenno. There is no one, to teach us what is right or wrong. 

So we are a murder cult which is encouraged to kill by everybody.

My question is, when the two supreme powers of the "human" race, and sole inhabitants (not counting infested) of the system are "evil" by what scale do we judge morality? 

There is no moral stand-in for contemporary western civilization alignment. If there are no "good guys" can there really be bad guys? Can we really justify mass extermination and assassinatiom of our enemies? 

More importantly.... do we need to?

30 minutes ago, Jago47 said:

There is no one, to teach us what is right or wrong. 

There is corrupted Captain Vor in the void, he doesn't give a crap about anyone outside the void, he's immortal and he even pities the kids. He also predicted Lotus' being an imposter before the Natah quest.

20 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Grineer are cloned from a teamplate... it would be safe to say only 2 are needed... 1 for male and 1 for female... with some modifications on the side... different names but the same person...

Well... when it comes down to it, we are killing the same 2 people over and over...

By the definition of genocide its killing a large group of unique individuals... which means....

Hory Sheit! We are NOT commiting genocide against the Grineer!!

mind-blown.gif

oh so an individual is determined by their genes and not by their experience?

According to Merriam Webster the definition is, "the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group".

i wouldn't say we are cause the idea is "balance" so it's not the total destruction but when we stop them from getting a cure for degradation... that kinda sounds like the tenno are going that way. 

Anyway, yes, "lotus" is evil. 

actually it's called trying to give a boring game mode new life that's all it is no matter how you role play it. It also gives a reason as to why once were done killing them all we just didn't hijack the ship and build our own navy. Imagine to this point how many ships we have cleaned out our navy would be bigger than both the Grineer and Corpus.

Warframe is a sadistic game for a start. It requires you to kill non-stop. They even organised special killing events even in festive season holidays like christmas day or new year day.

When you need a kubrow egg... you must go whack some animal's home and steal their egg. Good moral this game lol