Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void System ---> Relic System

(PSN)NicolaiBM

The greatest benefit of any prime fra is the energy gain from getting near a void trap. It's not stronger or more survivable that the regular counterpart. Going on a survival with the old void it had a benefit actually grinding for those frames and getting that energy boost. Then come relics and the destruction of a great and extremely rewarding grind.

Introducing those relics and placing the prime ground out of the void, you just rendered the biggest asset of a prime warframe completely irrelevant! There's no void traps outside of the void, so 90% of the time, a prime warframe has no real benefit anymore! Losing that benefit, I'm not even bothered grinding for anything anymore, because it can't justify, that the 1 key I needed before to have 1+ hour worth of fun, is now replaced by the need for 12 relics and if I want an actual chance of getting the rare drop, I have to grind even more ti get void traces, that means spending even more time grinding for relics, then going and grinding those out getting the traces, then sit and wait for a void survival fissure of the right tier.

Relics increase the need for grinding some pointless interception, to stock up on relics, fissures defeat the point of having a prime warframe, now you're sticking it to solo clans and to lesser active clans with the top 10% nonsense!

I can't believe I as a player have to say this, Warframe was great because there was a great reward system, I would get stuff for ducats and prime parts I needed, while having fun in a mission. Warframe isn't supposed to be competitive, it's supposed to be casual and fun!

If I wanted bad support, I bought Microsoft games, do take the time to at least reply to a support ticket.

First of all, don't use the MEGATHREAD tag. 

What is this post about? Are you just complaining about "muh original game", or did you have an actual point to this thread? 

You do know that if you reach the VICTORY tier, you get the Ignis, correct? Top 10% is for the super competitive people. If you are a solo clan, you have no reason to get the research.

MEGATHREAD tag is reserved for DE Staff. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

now you're sticking it to solo clans and to lesser active clans with the top 10% nonsense!

players have been screaming for competition for a long time. This is a case where there's no cake and eating it too. Is it perfect? no. Could it be? no. Everyone has a chance at the reward, now. Not everyone has the ability to have in the dojo forever. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

11 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

Relics increase the need for grinding some pointless interception, to stock up on relics, fissures defeat the point of having a prime warframe, now you're sticking it to solo clans and to lesser active clans with the top 10% nonsense!

I can't believe I as a player have to say this, Warframe was great because there was a great reward system, I would get stuff for ducats and prime parts I needed, while having fun in a mission. Warframe isn't supposed to be competitive, it's supposed to be casual and fun!

If I wanted bad support, I bought Microsoft games, do take the time to at least reply to a support ticket.

1. Current players will still get the bp or the weapon itself depending on their highscore. The only affected ones are the new players or clanless players, and just like the other event weapons, it's not supposed to be a permanent addition to the game drops. 

2. If you love those missions so much, why are you not doing them? Nothing's stopping you, the void is there in all its beauty for the taking.

3. The current system is way above the old one when it comes to ease of farming. Got my Banshee Prime and Euphona Prime in a few hours just from the relics bought from Syndicate Packs, I highly doubt that would be possible with the old system and its favorite Rotation C. 

Edited by aligatorno

9 minutes ago, Sinanju0608 said:

That's your opinion, some people prefer the new system better. Also DE introduced the new system so player wouldn't be spending 99% of their time in the void.

Yeah, and now one of the best tile maps in the game is almost deserted save for a couple of defense/survival missions.

I so love going to ugly maps like everything in Eris. /sarcasm

10 minutes ago, Sinanju0608 said:

That's your opinion, some people prefer the new system better. Also DE introduced the new system so player wouldn't be spending 99% of their time in the void.

I agree this system is better overall but I miss the old system sometimes. His point is kind of unimportant though. It's not even that great to get a one time energy refill, I mean I make large energy pads for a reason and choose primed because they usually look way better.

2 minutes ago, Denpoman said:

Yeah, and now one of the best tile maps in the game is almost deserted save for a couple of defense/survival missions.

I would agree that the Void has lost some of its luster with no prime parts coming from there. I'd suggest adding stuff like Void Traces and Forma to the rewards from the void to make it a viable place to find teams.

1 minute ago, Denpoman said:

I do agree that the new system has left the void quite empty. I personally like the corpus ice planet tileset because the outside open landscapes look absolutely stunning and I enjoy playing on the Earth tilesets too (also Earth visuals are getting a revamp so it looks even sexier)

Just now, Sinanju0608 said:

I do agree that the new system has left the void quite empty. I personally like the corpus ice planet tileset because the outside open landscapes look absolutely stunning and I enjoy playing on the Earth tilesets too (also Earth visuals are getting a revamp so it looks even sexier)

I don't mind Corpus tileset, but I'm sick and tired of doing them because Hieracon is a Corpus map.

And I absolutely hate all of Earth's maps.

I loved the wide clear rooms of Orokin maps and seeing actual architecture instead of winding confusing corridors (and don't get me started on Infested maps).

21 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

Try having a shred of patience and understand that alongside the other thousands of tickets they get every week, yours is waiting in line.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

MEGATHREAD tag is reserved for DE Staff. 

players have been screaming for competition for a long time. This is a case where there's no cake and eating it too. Is it perfect? no. Could it be? no. Everyone has a chance at the reward, now. Not everyone has the ability to have in the dojo forever. 

I agree and now that we actually get some competition everyone is complaining this is not fair. I feel 1 man clans needed to be addressed and were by devs, but the complaints about the top clans getting research is pretty sad considering this is the first actually competitive event since before U17...

My bad for hitting the wrong topic, didn't double check.

People taking pride in their solo clan might want to have the ignis wraith bp, to feel their little slice of paradise is complete, I can see the pride possible from knowing it's earned.

Try farming an item solo, no team play, the relic system is absolutely hopeless if you prefere to play on your own, with no team.

As to making energy pizzas, I have no problem making or using them, it's the fact that prime warframes have lost their benefit in the new system, with us players being stuck in a closed and ugly tileset. I still play in the void and I have no issues going to other tiles either, but reducing prime warframes to a fashion accessory, that's hopeless.

I've been trying for 4 days to get Helios Prime, haven't bothered with any of the other primed items, as I'm just not interested in them, I'm halfway there and I'm at the point of giving up, been playing the same stupid interception multiple hours each day only to get a couple of the relics I need and have them turn out to be the same 2 things every time.

It's broken if you want to play solo.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

And there may be a lot of tickets in that category, Be patient. This isnt some indi game with only a hundred players.

No exactly, it's not some indi game, it's well above that and it's reasonable to hold DE as a professional company and expect the same support and service as from a another game developer with 27 million registered players.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

No exactly, it's not some indi game, it's well above that and it's reasonable to hold DE as a professional company and expect the same support and service as from a another game developer with 27 million registered players.

Oh you think that other games all get their tickets done faster? I know plenty with an equivalent number of players that take just as long an amount of time, and I know plenty of bigger companies that automate it so much that the ticket system is largely worthless since the result of the ticket normally ends in nothing more than a copy-paste message chain ending in disappointment. If you expect professionalism, then do your own part in that and act professional about the situation and actually be patient.

5 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

Try farming an item solo, no team play, the relic system is absolutely hopeless if you prefere to play on your own, with no team.

Not... really?

Supposing every item you're after is a Rare-tier drop, you will, on average, get them 1 in 10 runs if you upgrade each relic to radiant. Getting prime parts solo, now, is no different than getting prime parts in pub runs where nobody else brought the relic you wanted. Only difference, there, is that you get to choose from other people's drops as well as your own.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

The greatest benefit of any prime fra is the energy gain from getting near a void trap.

what? a prime's greatest benefit?? I honestly believe you don't get the purpose of primes. Primes aren't meant to be superior to their vanilla counterparts, although they usually are in some minor ways. 

The SOLE purpose of prime frames is strictly one thing: Fashionframe

One doesn't farm the prime frames because you want a better frame, one farms the prime frames because fashionframe is the true endgame. Ducklips prime is the absolutely perfect example for this. I don't want an excal prime because he has a bit more armor or health or whatever it is he has, but it is because he would make everyone who doesn't have an excal prime rage with envy at how much more glorious I would look compared to the run of the mill starter frame. Sadly, I know I will never have ducklips prime. 

As for everything else in your post, well, I don't really have much of an opinion there. But I think DE is doing fine with the changes.

Relics work fine, if you team up, then you only need 2, max 3, to get what you're trying to get, but if you want to play solo, you need way more and the grind is ridiculous. You need to grind out 10 relics of the kind you need, assume you get 1 ever 3 runs, it's 30 runs. Just for the relics and seeing as you'll need that many, it'll be for the rare item, right, except I've spend the first 10 relics for a common item and gotten anything but that. Imagine if it had been for the rare item, I would need 1.000 void traces on top of that, so on average 15 traces pr relic, I'd need to use 67 relics to get that.

I know DE has lowered the threshold for when to get the blueprint, but how about truly great players that run a solo clan and take pride in it, they might want the ignis wraith blueprint in their dojo, and even if they get the absolute highest individual score in the event, they don't stand a chance, because they're running a solo clan. Don't they deserve the blueprint if they do better than every other player? Yet they aren't going to get it, because they run their clan solo and take pride in it. Doesn't seem like a fair competition.

Reasons to using a prime frame is individual, I liked that if I was in a tight spot with energy with too many minions around to have time to throw down an energy pizza, I could bullet jump over a void trap and solve that problem, with only slightly increased risk. 

Im no different from a lot of other players when it comes to rewards, and mod wise there's only a few mods reserved for dropping in the void, while a majority of mods drop out of the void. Not a problem, if I need a mod, I go grind it out where ever it drops, but there's next to no rewards left in the void, only a few dual stat mods and the occasional ayatan treasures. Isn't Orokin supposed to be something great, I mean why was primes and void linked together in the first place?

20 hours ago, Denpoman said:

Void and 1 of the best tilesets? That´s a good one.

21 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

The greatest benefit of any prime fra is the energy gain from getting near a void trap. It's not stronger or more survivable that the regular counterpart.

some frames (like the new banshee Prime) have increased armour and health ratings, that actually does count towards durability once you factor in health and armour mods.

Then come relics and the destruction of a great and extremely rewarding grind.

I hope you're joking... it's was great until they started putting everything on T3 Survival Rotation C and forcing players to spend hours upon hours in the same void Tilesets until their eyes are bleached from all the white walls they been looking at. not to mention how boring it gets.

90% of the time, a prime warframe has no real benefit anymore!

- fashionframe

- better stats

- extra polarities.

-cool visuals on some powers

sure, no benefit at all....

the relic system is here to stay, and it's better because you can manipulate our drop chances, you can benefit from other's drops, and you can play on nearly any Tileset, compared to the old system of being stuck in the void for ages for that chance of getting a particular part you have no control over. it can be more punishing for Solo players, though I've gotten all of Banshee Prime's parts solo and had a good time doing it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

Relics work fine, if you team up, then you only need 2, max 3, to get what you're trying to get, but if you want to play solo, you need way more and the grind is ridiculous. You need to grind out 10 relics of the kind you need, assume you get 1 ever 3 runs, it's 30 runs. Just for the relics and seeing as you'll need that many, it'll be for the rare item, right, except I've spend the first 10 relics for a common item and gotten anything but that. Imagine if it had been for the rare item, I would need 1.000 void traces on top of that, so on average 15 traces pr relic, I'd need to use 67 relics to get that.

Then don't grind solo? Use recruit chat.

22 hours ago, Cradicias said:

I would agree that the Void has lost some of its luster with no prime parts coming from there. I'd suggest adding stuff like Void Traces and Forma to the rewards from the void to make it a viable place to find teams.

^^ Here we see an actual useful comment. No bad sarcasm, a real reason and no whining and an actual suggestion.

Just wanted to point that out.